Match Making Issues And Temporary Rollback

141 replies to this topic

#41 ATao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:28 PM

Can't you introduce such a simle thing as lobby and custom battle game mode, PGI? Why are you trying to give us something we don't need and denying what we really starve for? I bet this elaborate MM ELO system is even much harder to implement than lobby\custom. Why do it the hard way?

#42 Fooooo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationSydney, Aus.

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

View PostAlexander Malthus, on 19 February 2013 - 10:28 PM, said:

Can't you introduce such a simle thing as lobby and custom battle game mode, PGI? Why are you trying to give us something we don't need and denying what we really starve for? I bet this elaborate MM ELO system is even much harder to implement than lobby\custom. Why do it the hard way?

They have already said they will most likely be providing some type of lobby system in the future.

Also, do you really think that just because there is a lobby around, that most 4mans will use it ? Or do you think they will just group up and press the launch button ??

Yes, competitive teams etc would use the lobby, but it would not help balance the 4mans against pubbers at all as long as you can still press the launch button to join a random match.....

#43 ATao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

The problem is with "in the future" and no concrete date :lol: . There's even no "command chair" post on the issue.

The problem of pug vs teams imo is not about the need for elo but about the need for bigger concurrent players online. And that is solved by adding useful game features rather than increasing waiting times on "searching..." screen.

Providing instruments for organisation of competitive gaming community driven events also stimulates gamers to spend more of their time on MWO rather than on some other games. Same as custom UI in WoW. Why do you need to create an elaborate UI when you can go with some basic one and give almost infinite customisation options so players can start creating their own content? Cheap and effective way.

Give us some tools to easily arrange custom games and open global statistics and we'll create enough leagues and tournaments to make this game popular even without CW.

Edited by Alexander Malthus, 19 February 2013 - 11:42 PM.

#44 INSEkT L0GIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

View PostAlexander Malthus, on 19 February 2013 - 11:34 PM, said:

The problem is with "in the future" and no concrete date :lol: . There's even no "command chair" post on the issue.

Reread the command chair posts.

#45 ATao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

I've read it all. Care to link what am I missing?

#46 Roh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 255 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD, US

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:06 AM

The performance improving patch impressed me. And with the possibility of ranked matches with decent balance I was actually getting excited about MWO again! I was even considering finally activating my premium time. I mean I might play regularly! Yeah... Figures... Out goes the ELO. I'm really glad someone mentioned to me about how it would likely take time before this was settled in and I didn't actually start my premium. That would have sucked badly.

#47 Brahim

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:26 AM

View PostRoh, on 20 February 2013 - 12:06 AM, said:

The performance improving patch impressed me. And with the possibility of ranked matches with decent balance I was actually getting excited about MWO again! I was even considering finally activating my premium time. I mean I might play regularly! Yeah... Figures... Out goes the ELO. I'm really glad someone mentioned to me about how it would likely take time before this was settled in and I didn't actually start my premium. That would have sucked badly.

So you're telling me that you were confident enough in the performance of this game to drop sixty bucks on it, but not confident enough in it to activate the premium time that increases your rewards from playing?

You have already made your entire contribution to this game and this community. You may leave now.

#48 OpCentar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:51 AM

Disappointed, played 4 or 5 games yesterday and they were fun for everyone, I think. Most players chatted and had tons of laughs.

Didn't even mind the wait times, I won't be playing the roflstomps until they fix it (again).

#49 Chrithu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:39 AM

View PostJAFO, on 19 February 2013 - 05:39 PM, said:

I do think bigger much bigger. I think people forget about the Dedicated Battletech player base that already exists here. That group alone will expand the player base with team warfare.. Standard PUG's just wants to shoot at anything that moves then in 3 months they will go to the next new game.

Btech players will be here for 10 years and financially support this game.

Are you really that ignorant?

Not ALL of those "dedicated Battletech Players" are dropping in organized Teams all the Time. I am a solo pugger AND a dedicated Battletech/Mechwarrior Player and I am well aware that this game is about teamplay and I really enjoy when I am in a team that is able to focus fire without having to deal with that annoying chatsystem. And I appreciate the work PGI does here, allthough I was not hit by the problem yesterday.

And to be honest amongst other things it is the numerous ******** people like you from most of the groups post in here that makes me not want to be a part of your groups or go to your beloved free TS Servers because most of you come across as serious asshats that love trolling and flaming and are generally people I'd not be comfortable being around.

Just about the only group that has active posters in this forums and is seemingly a nice and sane bunch are those folks from Murphy's Law.

Edited by Jason Parker, 20 February 2013 - 02:40 AM.

#50 Sol Fin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:41 AM

View PostFireside, on 19 February 2013 - 06:27 PM, said:

Its probably the wrong time to mention this... Again.. But the whole pugs vs premades drama is a direct result of having no properly integrated voice chat system. Thats it.... The only advantage premades have ever had over pugs is that they can talk to each other.
Well, the problem often is in the people who's doing random solo matches. Too often voice comms are plain shittalk that gets people nowhere except frustration. The real difference between and built-in voice comms vs a separated server is that people on the separated server do talk with some rules in mind. Otherwise the'll be thrown out very quickly. Good example of public voice comms is Dota 2 - voice comms 90% of the time are just unbearable.

#51 Relics

• PipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:07 AM

None of you have asked the question, if MM is rolled back is our ELO still being recorded? Since the patch before this implemented the ELO tracking which was working just fine. So the question is, even with MM Rolled back, are our stats still being recorded the W/L towards ELO??????????????

#52 Errant Variable

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:08 AM

ELO was great while it was here. Good luck getting the quirks worked out.

#53 Inviticus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:24 AM

I really don't think this game has enough players to allow ELO to function. Just give us a solo only queue. Having experienced quite a few ELO matches that were awesome, this game isn't worth the frustration without it.

Edited by Inviticus, 20 February 2013 - 03:34 AM.

#54 Fergrim

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Star
  • The Star
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:48 AM

Anyone else really enjoying the game, pleased with PGI's progress....

and overcome with schadenfreude for those who are so unhappy? It's sort of adorable listening to the little guys complain until their faces turn red ;]

#55 ferranis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 473 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:53 AM

What a horrible difference from elo against non-elo. Played the whole day yesterday and had a blast. Now its the old stomping again.. please fix it fast.

#56 Fergrim

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Star
  • The Star
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:56 AM

I mean... if we didn't make posts asking them to fix it, they'd probably just forget their business and us.

I bet it was only because we asked for it that they even included mechs in this game, let alone made the leap to decide to use the same matchmaking techniques employed by every modern multiplayer game already out.

Let's keep spammin the good ol' ideas :]

Oh, PGI, please fix the bugs and release the full version.

Edit: Another reminder to please keep doing bug fixes and to continue the development process.

Edited by Fergrim, 20 February 2013 - 04:06 AM.

#57 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:08 AM

View Postferranis, on 20 February 2013 - 03:53 AM, said:

What a horrible difference from elo against non-elo. Played the whole day yesterday and had a blast. Now its the old stomping again.. please fix it fast.

Agreed.

#58 Fergrim

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Star
  • The Star
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:14 AM

It'd be interesting to have everyone's KDR next to their profile pic so we know where they are coming from.

If a slew of sub 1.0 folks are all saying.. this game isn't fun and this is why.. that'd be more persuasive to me than a bunch of 2.0's complaining about their one daily loss.

I don't see anyone here advertising their badness though.

#59 ferranis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 473 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:20 AM

View PostFergrim, on 20 February 2013 - 04:14 AM, said:

It'd be interesting to have everyone's KDR next to their profile pic so we know where they are coming from.

If a slew of sub 1.0 folks are all saying.. this game isn't fun and this is why.. that'd be more persuasive to me than a bunch of 2.0's complaining about their one daily loss.

I don't see anyone here advertising their badness though.

Nah, i dont want new players to listen to the statpadder pugstompers with their insane high k/d. You saw how they stand against resistance yesterday.

#60 Fergrim

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Star
  • The Star
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:26 AM

Haha very very true. Not everyone is grouped up with a good lance that practices, though, or wants to be. But I do think those players are in a better position to speak to game balance..

While non-organized are in a position to say how not fun it is to get beaten by an organized lance. No time to think game balance when you're getting straight rolled ;]

But no one should listen to me because I have a measly 2.5 :]

But, you know, if someone with a .5 is posting every day about the newest "OP" thing that's "ruining" the game... It'd be nice to safely disregard them ;] Or at least take their comments in context of their game experience.

I'm sure that PGI checks the stats of players when reviewing complaints and suggestions, seems like it'd only make sense, so they know who the issues are primarily affecting.

Edited by Fergrim, 20 February 2013 - 04:46 AM.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users