157 replies to this topic

#21 torabayashi

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

TBT-7K Modernized

Upgrade to ES, DHS, XL300, ER PPC, Ultra AC/5, Streak SRM2. Increase armor to 304 with remaining tonnage.

Works great as a sniper. Could probably downgrade the engine to an XL255 for additional firepower, but I had the XL300 lying around from my CN9-D so I used that.

#22 Carcoona

• Pip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:41 AM

I would still strongly recommend Artemis to anyone running and LRM build on any varient. On LRM 15's the extra damage you get from shooting someone in Line of Sight, from the increased accuracy, lock strength etc has to be nearly 50%. Makes you great as a rapid response unit. With a tag aswell, ECM mechs cant hide aslong as your out of their range, (which you should be to fire anyway), and the extra money you make from tagging and the increased accuracy for friendly Missles should not be understated.

It does increase weight critical slot not to mention costs etc, but no point fireing more missles if you miss with some of them.

Also see alot of people swapping out 2 LRM15's for a single LRM20...never saw the point in this. You fire less, missles, just to gain a single missle hardpoint, which most people dont use.

#23 rdelta78

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 117 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:48 AM

TBT - 5J

1 ERPPC
1 LL
1 ML

DHS
SE 250

Max armor

That's my best build on the Trebutchet and I'm pretty successful with it. It runs quite hot but I can manage the heat very well. Its role is long-medium range support, skrimisher and striker ( My opinion! ).

#24 Dan Nashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 606 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

Hmm... I've been running a 5J with 280xl (leftover from my 3d)... 3-4 jj, 1 lrm 15 with artemis, 2 mpls and 3 mls. I like to play it as an old fashioned medium mech. Fire the LRMs constantly to keep their heads down, maybe help the team with that first easy kill to even the odds or force the other team to move, then wreak havoc in short range - either with damage or because 4 enemies missing me with half their shots at me rather than connecting with my teammate in the splatcat.. My experience is that I'm not great solo, but I'm a strong team player who can support any teammate. Debating swapping out an ml for tag, but I do most of my real damage with my lasers. I don't know, I just feel like a real medium pilot in this build :-). Fast and flexible. Plus as a medium pilot I have to hang back a little early in the battle. The LRM helps a lot with my self restraint problems.

And five arm mounted lasers is the only way to fight when you love to jump as much as I do :-). Even with xl it seems to take the enemy team a lot of time to bring me down.

Confession: I bought the mech to run Griffin builds. (Er ppc plus lrm rack or er ppc plus 4 mls)

Edited by DanNashe, 25 February 2013 - 01:30 PM.

#25 Eumenes

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 77 posts
  • Locationof Cardia

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

TBT-7M - ripped out the NARC, added a 280XL instead of the 250. fast missile boat with 2 LRM-15s and 3 MLs.

TBT-5N - ER-PPC and 2 SRM6, 250XL engine. Fragile in a brawl, but damage output is decent. ECM disruption effect is a great bonus.

For number 3 I'm looking at a 7K, namely to play with mixed centurion-like builds.

#26 Johnny Reb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

My fav so far is the TRB-3C (current build):

xl360 (129 w speed tweak)
2 srm6 (3 tons)
3 med lasers
dbl hs (13 total)
endo
FF
almost max armor minus the legs

#27 Carrioncrows

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

The treb like the centurion I find myself shy'n away from XL builds.

On matches where you have excellent teamwork it really matters very little as you tend to roll over the enemy quite easily but when your team is starting to fall apart I feel like the STD engine allows me to go for those high risk maneuvers to turn the tide of the battle and that's not just something I can do with an XL.

However I really do like that build Johnny Reb, minus the FF.
Out of curiosity why not 4 medium lasers instead of 3. I use 4 on my 3C but only regularly use the 3 in the arms saving the 4th in the CT for alpha's.

#28 Ubersaurus Rex

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:10 AM

TBT-7K

Ultra AC-5 x1 ; 3 tons ammo
Large Laser x2

300 XL

I need to look up the rest but I'm going to bed right now. Its ******* sweet though, I can duck out of fights when I need to, deal with stupid-*** lights, flank assault/heavies, and provide some long-range damage.

I believe the armor is maxed and then DBL heatsinks are maxed.

Edited by Ubersaurus Rex, 26 February 2013 - 01:11 AM.

#29 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:29 AM

Check this out:
http://www.twitch.tv/igp/b/371249617 (Fast forward to 2:01:10)

Here`s the build:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e0e0e3f72c9bd20

#30 Johnny Reb

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

View PostCarrioncrows, on 25 February 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

On matches where you have excellent teamwork it really matters very little as you tend to roll over the enemy quite easily but when your team is starting to fall apart I feel like the STD engine allows me to go for those high risk maneuvers to turn the tide of the battle and that's not just something I can do with an XL.

However I really do like that build Johnny Reb, minus the FF.
Out of curiosity why not 4 medium lasers instead of 3. I use 4 on my 3C but only regularly use the 3 in the arms saving the 4th in the CT for alpha's.

Well I run both but the added 1 heat sink over 4th med seems to help more than it should especially if I land on the hotter maps. I'm also trying to land the missiles first lasers second. In short its a heat efficiency over raw damage thing.

edit: I also try to keep things to 2 fire groups if I can 3 max. Never really hit the alpha button other than hitting both my fire groups at the same time. Just a piloting preference.

Edited by Johnny Reb, 26 February 2013 - 08:28 PM.

#31 Abulafia

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:08 AM

View PostUbersaurus Rex, on 26 February 2013 - 01:10 AM, said:

TBT-7K

Ultra AC-5 x1 ; 3 tons ammo
Large Laser x2

300 XL

I need to look up the rest but I'm going to bed right now. Its ******* sweet though, I can duck out of fights when I need to, deal with stupid-*** lights, flank assault/heavies, and provide some long-range damage.

I believe the armor is maxed and then DBL heatsinks are maxed.

I run this too, and it's delightful. Here's the link: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0efda64911cdd2a

#32 northwolf

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 29 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:25 AM

I've had some good success with 5N:
280XL + endo + DHS
3xPPC in the right arm (yes all eggs in the same basket for a solid 30point hits to single location)
1xSRM4 in the left arm for those pesky CDOs and SDRs

It seriously rips stuff apart and the SRM4 in the arm seems to fend off light to a some degree as it has a very wide firing arch and the 90kmph top speed (no tweak) helps too ;)

#33 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:43 AM

I run a 7M jump sniper.

Xl300
4 jump sets
17 double heat sinks
2 x ERPPC
Nearly the full amount of armor it can hold

Why ERPPC's? Cause I love doing damage within 20secs of match start on forest colony. Also, with the speed, I'm able to determine engagement range which I prefer to be at 800m for the first 3minutes of a match. Its a great finisher mech/component destroying mech.

#34 bantapoo

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 98 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:54 AM

my trebuchet 7k build:
2 medium lasers
2 streak missiles + 1 ammo
1 gauss rifle + 3 ammo
Full armor except 31 in each leg.
Endo steel.
the rest is used by an XL engine.

The result is this: would you like to run with a build (described by OP) that is very short ranged (1 ac20) and kind of slow? (76kph with speed tweak) or a build that uses gauss like mine that can cover all ranges, and runs at 100 kph?

#35 Wanderfalke NK

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:03 AM

In most cases I dont get the OPs configs either.
Why did they implemented the Treb? So you can build another slow brawler MED like most of the Hunchys?
Hell no!
Theres no real advantage to take a medium, instead of lets say a heavy, that can run 20 kph faster, for example 75 med vs 55 heavy (and even that is pretty slow for most heavys). Because 20 kph faster doesnt make you a lot harder to hit realy!!!
And this 20kph wont give you a edge in CQB. The strengh of this Mech is the ability to be a fast and hard striker, taking opportunitys to do a quick blast, distract and then vanish in cover. Almost like a light, a little bit slower but with more punch and armor.

If you want to play a big puncher, realy dont abuse mediums for this. Buy yourself a heavy and have fun with it.
You only get punished hard for using a mech with low armor and without the ability to retreat fast enough.

#36 bantapoo

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 98 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:09 AM

what u think of my build wanderfalke NK

#37 Wanderfalke NK

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:19 AM

Gauss in sidetorso using XL, not the best Idea imo. But I guess its personal preference.
Also I dont like streaks at all cause they require no Skill at all.

#38 bantapoo

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 98 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:29 AM

lol skill is measured when the enemy is killed. i dont care if you stand still or did a 720 jump before.

#39 Voridan Atreides

• 2,149 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSittin on Turn 3 at Elkhart watchin the Corvettes roar by....I wish. (Stockholm, WI, USA)

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:32 AM

These are my builds.

Twin PPC Sniper/Support 7M
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...63517f13346d3d6

Skirmish 7M
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1e2c26e245d039c

Twin LRM10 Support 7M
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...73b74ce60eaee63

#40 toaster79

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:34 AM

View PostCarrioncrows, on 25 February 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

[..]

Id never take an xl-engine in a cent (because they are excellent zombies with ablative armor), but in trebs I seem to always die due to ct damage since the side-torsos are so tiny, so from my pov an xl in a reb does not really seem a bad Idea.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users