#1 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

Greetings MechWarriors!

Welcome to the Spring Clean ‘Em Up Leaderboard Challenge! To celebrate the arrival of Spring, we've decided that there is simply no better time to roll out a 7 day event that covers EVERY weight class. You have to Opt In to take part and win the spoils, so ensure to Opt In. This is your chance to shine and win daily C-Bill prizes, Cockpit items and possibly reign supreme in the overall group prize per weight-class, consisting of MC prizing and an extremely rare special variant of our infamous Hula Girl cockpit item! [Don’t worry, she has promised not to bite!] To help you dominate the Innersphere and look damn good whilst doing it, we’re also offering a fantastic "30% off " sale across almost all Paints, Patterns and Cockpit items for the duration of the Leaderboard event. Check out MechLab today to see all the hot offers! Read on for more details!

This is an opt in, solo only challenge where we will take each players best five matches in each weight class to determine daily group winners. The weight class group winner at the end of the event is determined by your 20 best performances over the entire tournament period. Opt In [here] once you are logged into the website.The formula can be viewed below.

Good luck MechWarrior and start your spring cleaning today!
  • Opt in
  • Best 5 matches each day. 10am PST to 10am pst the next day
  • PER weight class each day. And per weight class overall at the end of the week
  • Score Formula:
    • Kills × 20 + Kill Assist × 10 + (Damage Done – Team Damage) ÷ 15 + Wins × 20 + Loss × 10 + Survive × 20 + Dead × 10
  • 1st Tie-Breaker: Number of Matches Played (the Less the better)
    • EG: My best 5 matches out of 20 is better than your best 5 matches out of 50
  • 2nd Tie-Breaker: Team Damage (Less is better of course)
    • EG: My 5 best matches with 100 team damage total is better than your Best 5 matches with 150 team damage total.
Check out all the details here!
Please let us know what you think!

#2 Tragos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 289 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

Let the games begin! :ph34r: Rules seem well thought this time, could be interesting.

#3 Mawai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

Can you clarify the score formula? The part about win/loss/survive/dead is potentially confusing ..

Score Formula:
Kills × 20 + Kill Assist × 10 + (Damage Done – Team Damage) ÷ 15 + Wins × 20 + Loss × 10 + Survive × 20 + Dead × 10

Is this saying that a win adds 20 points to the score for the match and a loss adds 10?
Survive is worth 20 and dead is worth 10?

Also, the weighting for damage done appears to penalize folks on teams that do alot of damage ... whether or not they kill anything with that damage.

Someone doing 500 damage on a team that does 2500 will get -133 points ,,, while someone doing 500 damage on a team doing 1500 damage will get -66 points.

Should be interesting though ...

P.S. Thanks for the clarification ... I was thinking of 'Team Damage" as the damage done by the entire team to the opponents ... so that folks who did a larger proportion of total damage would earn more. I did not realize it was damage done to team mates.

Edited by Mawai, 26 April 2013 - 05:41 AM.

#4 Tragos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 289 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:06 PM

Kill= 20
Assist = 10
Damage = (Damage - Friendly Fire)/15 = Points (e.g: 660 damage, 60 friendly fire -> (660-60)/15=40 )
Victory= 20
Loss =10
Survival =20
Death = 10
Therefore I expect daily victors to be around ~1250-1500

@ Poster above: No idea what you are doing, but your calculation seems to be "a little bit" off.
Edit: I see what you did - but I have no idea why. Brackets before multiplication before addition.

Let me show an example for 5 Kills, 3 Assists, 700 damage, 70 "team damage" (damage you did TO your team), victory, survival

5x 20 + 3 x 10 + (700-70)/15 + 1x 20 + 0x10 +1 x20 + 0x10
Kills Assists Dmg Teamdmg Vic Loss Survival Death
100 + 30 + 630/15 + 20 + 0 + 20 + 0
130 + 42 + 20 + 20= 212

Edited by Tragos, 25 April 2013 - 04:21 PM.

#5 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

The changes to the score are fantastic, they look to cover team contribution far more comprehensively than the previous tournament. Looking forward to this.

#6 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:07 PM

If my math is correct, you would need to do approximately 300 pts of damage to have more points than a straight kill...

Hmm.. is that too much or too little?

#7 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 25 April 2013 - 05:07 PM, said:

If my math is correct, you would need to do approximately 300 pts of damage to have more points than a straight kill...

Hmm.. is that too much or too little?

I think it's just right. I think it will create a nice balance between going for the kill and racking up damage, whereas the last tournament's damage first mentality saw people (myself included) trying to peel off limbs like over enthusiastic giant metal surgeons to try and eke out as much damage as possible.

This seems like a much more natural system to me, where you can just play normally and try to destroy the enemy. The only change I can see to my own play style will be trying to finish off damaged mechs, as I used to move on to other targets if I managed to savage an enemy enough. We'll see how it goes, but I definitely think it's a step in the right direction.

And including all the weight classes? Genius. There's a good chance drops will have a far more varied selection of mechs, where the last tournament made every battle seem like the Steiner training grounds.

There may be a bit of kill stealing going on, but that just means that opportunistic light pilots might be more prevalent, which I don't see as a bad thing.

Edit: PHONE SPELLING.

Edited by Kiiyor, 25 April 2013 - 07:33 PM.

#8 Philadelphia Collins

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 114 posts
  • LocationCookin some dirty burgers

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

PERFECT each time the dev's have hosted a tourney it has gotten better this one seems to be the best

#9 Jess Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 643 posts
  • LocationFrozen in Time Somewhere IDK?

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:34 PM

looks good

#10 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:47 PM

Hmm.. why can't I seem to opt in this time around...?

#11 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:01 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 25 April 2013 - 11:47 PM, said:

Hmm.. why can't I seem to opt in this time around...?

There's 2 options for it - one for the sale, another for the tournament. The tournament is the one in the top pane in the home page of the client once it's started. Click that, launches website, you can opt in.

This may also have nothing to do with the issue you are experiencing. I apologies if I have advised you how to suck eggs.

#12 Druidika

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 157 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:48 AM

When clicking on the opt-in button, I am just being forwarded to my profile page. When going back to the tournament page, the opt-in button is still there, indicating that the opt-in wasn't successful.

#13 Hauser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 976 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:26 AM

View PostDruidika, on 26 April 2013 - 12:48 AM, said:

When clicking on the opt-in button, I am just being forwarded to my profile page. When going back to the tournament page, the opt-in button is still there, indicating that the opt-in wasn't successful.

Yeah. Looks like the button thinks I'm not logged in. It directs me too /login?return=/tournaments which sends me to my profile page since I'm already logged in.

#14 Flyby215

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 888 posts
  • LocationThunder Bay

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:43 AM

No! Not again! My computer is currently stuck in customs, I'm going to miss another tournament event!

#15 FrDrake

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,086 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:51 AM

Yea, I definately like the damage rules alot better this time around.

You want to keep the team damage low and your contribution high. Just the way it should be.

#16 Tyr Gunn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 164 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:43 AM

I'm having a similar opt in experience. I'm not too worried about it though. The link passed through an option=true state before throwing me back to my profile, so I'm gonna have faith it opted me in.

Just to be clear, if I don't win the medium class every day, it's obviously because the opt in failed, just sayin'. :ph34r:

#17 Hauser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 976 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:52 AM

View PostTyr Gunn, on 26 April 2013 - 08:43 AM, said:

Just to be clear, if I don't win the medium class every day, it's obviously because the opt in failed, just sayin'. :ph34r:

How are you're gonna get more then 8 kills. ;)

#18 FrDrake

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,086 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:51 AM

View PostThontor, on 26 April 2013 - 09:33 AM, said:

Having the same issue here

It's because you touch yourself at night.

(Having the same problem as him)

#19 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:29 PM

I think it's "fixed" now, since logging in now tells me I've opted in.

#20 FrDrake

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,086 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:12 PM

Can someone explain to me mathematically how a player can get over 1000 points using this formula?

Is personal damage not being counted as "team damage"?

Thus you get 1000 damage team gets 500 and you get 500/15 points?

Because as stated I would imagine that scenario to be (1000-1500)/15 or roughly -33 points.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users