Depressing Mech Choices

483 replies to this topic

#321 tony katdander

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Locationthe internet

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:44 AM

Posted Image
i must say that this is the perfect balance of awesome and clan.
deimos mech-85 tons,75 kph,fit it with gauss and lrm and lasers.you have yourself a mech

#322 tyrone dunkirk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:52 AM

View PostTsen Shang, on 27 January 2012 - 11:56 AM, said:

My stomach was making the rumblies that only hands would satisfy.

O MY GOD, OH GOD.... SO MUCH WIN!

#323 Mech Crusader 5000

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationAny place that has Mechs, like here

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:06 PM

Awsome Mech pictures! By the way, where did you find them may I ask? :ph34r:

Edited by Mech Crusader 5000, 03 March 2012 - 04:07 PM.

#324 Fox5859

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:28 PM

i think battle mechs with hands is pretty good it would add to the game to watch your back around corners example if i was in a axeman and was coming down a corner and suddenly i get on my radar that another enemy mech is behind that corner lets say a atlas. i could have a upper hand and that atlas would have to stop and rethink what he does before he comes around that corner.

besides in the battle tech books the hands for some mechs exactly take a **** pit out a mech to either save the pilot or delver a 1 hit ko or even take off one of there weapons the thing is though they are slower and aren't as precise as a human hand you have to be very careful that and adding the fact of how heavy the mech is it could be slower then a regular arm

#325 TwitchTv Morkani

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 76 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:48 PM

I never saw a problem with the mechwarrior/battletech mechs that had hands, i liked all the mechs i encountered in these games.

HOWEVER, I do share the utter hate for all things anime and gundam, I don't know why, but they are just way too different from the mechs I grew to enjoy.

#326 FinnMcKool

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,600 posts
  • Locationunknown

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:14 PM

Well if I had a real Mech and it didnt look Human like or have hands, I think I would try to make it look like it did,

It would make it look scary, any edge in battle is an edge, Why does the Atlas look so scary? Cause it looks like a Giant

Guy.

Now truth is Im more the Computer game guy ,Played all the games ,but TT ,I seen it read some , know about but really havent

Played, That said I sort of want this Melee combat , It will be new to me but, I want to play it , It just seems cool and fun.

and why not this is a new game , if it stinks every one will scream in Beta, and it will be gone Im sure.

The DEVs have really paid attention to the people on the forums so Im confident they will know if we like something or not.

#327 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:06 AM

Yeah for FD !

#328 Brian Banzai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:05 PM

I found another one online. It looks to be a Jackal, and while I never really liked that mech, once again FD managed to draw it so well I'd use it.
WIN
Posted Image

#329 Fugu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:50 PM

View Posttony katdander, on 03 March 2012 - 07:44 AM, said:

Posted Image
i must say that this is the perfect balance of awesome and clan.
deimos mech-85 tons,75 kph,fit it with gauss and lrm and lasers.you have yourself a mech

They Deimos is nice. It looks a little bit like Metal Gear Rex, though.

PS: Am I the only one who is bothered that there is no Phobos?

#330 Brian Banzai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:14 PM

View PostFugu, on 08 March 2012 - 12:50 PM, said:

PS: Am I the only one who is bothered that there is no Phobos?

Yes I believe you are.......... :P

#331 Jehan

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:45 PM

Well, I certainly want hands in my mech for:

1.- Grabbing your salvaged parts and taking them to the hangar/mechlab. I'm not willing to bear your ER-PPC on my back.

2.- Hold onto a building/structure to stabilize myself while firing high-recoil weapons. I have seen more than one stalker falling on their ***** after alphastriking... It's pretty ridiculous/pathetic, if you ask me.

3.- Helping my mech to get up after being knocked-down. I know that up to date, all mechs without arms have had those 'magic powers' that enable them to magically levitate and get up... But in real world, WE ALL know that those mechs, once down, would NEVER get up again. In fact, those mechs would need another mech with hands to pick them and help them getting up. Also, placing my mech's weight upon a hand allows me to not bend/damage my gun barrels while getting up.

4.- Last but not least, having a hand on my mech allows me to show my middle finger actuators to enemy mechs. Specially dedicated to armless chicken-walkers mechs.

#332 Sarah Dalrymple

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • LocationSkye March, Hesperus II

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:59 PM

View PostJehan, on 08 March 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

4.- Last but not least, having a hand on my mech allows me to show my middle finger actuators to enemy mechs. Specially dedicated to armless chicken-walkers mechs.

^THIS X 1 MILLION

#333 Brian Banzai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:24 AM

I found more FD works out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Check these bad boys out.
Falconer
Posted Image

OMG I'm in LOVE with this Jagermech!!!
Posted Image

An Initiate.

Posted Image

3 other random mechs, not sure what they are.
Posted Image

And I don't think this is FD's work, but its cool never the less.
Posted Image

#334 Roh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 255 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD, US

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:31 AM

Oh god the stupid... Let go of the hands thing you... Hands are damn functional. They make perfect sense in the fiction. And if computers are ever capable they would be damn useful in a game... Stop pretending like hands are the height of silliness when odds are you used your own to type your damn post.

Having hands does not turn battemechs into super acrobatic flying silly *** gundums. It just means they are capable of picking things up.

#335 Cochise

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 642 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:38 AM

I'm not playing a power rangers game... or transformers.

#336 Brian Banzai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:46 AM

I'm assuming you guys are on about the Atlas, since most of the other mechs in that last post don't have hands. I just liked the Patalbor ish, ballistic cloth used in place of armor. I thought it was cool.
But don't worry, you have already seen the FD Atlas so ignore that one I posted as only personal preference.

#337 Brian Banzai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:55 AM

One more!!!
Wyvern
Posted Image

OH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!
Vindicator
Posted Image

#338 SMDMadCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:59 AM

Max, where do you keep finding these?

#339 CobaltRaptor

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationSomewhere other than you expect

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:27 PM

Hands are incredible useful. They clear rubble, help you pick your mech up after it falls down, and can help you block the bum rush melee of so inclined mechs like the Hatchetman, Axman, and No-Dachi. Anyways without hanads my burly Atlas wouldn't be able to grab that annoying DFA inclined Jenner by its airborn leg, smash it to the ground and then alpha strike it for good measure.

Edited by CobaltRaptor, 14 March 2012 - 12:30 PM.

#340 Deja Vu

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

View PostPaladin1, on 27 January 2012 - 11:21 AM, said:

Honestly? I've wondered that for literally decades and have never heard a legitimate answer given. I haven't got a clue.

I think it goes along the lines of this. Picture the Stalker, 85ton mech, no arms. It has been knocked onto its back during the fight. The mechwarrior shifts the legs as well as the gyro to rock the mech side to side until he is able to roll onto his side, then his front. With the way that the torso / cockpit protrude from the legs, he then 'balances' on his nose while he brings a knee up, then the other knee. He then uses his gyro to lean the torso back, shifting the center of gravity back onto his legs.

Don't forget that while it isn't pictured in any of the games, all mechs have a gyro stabilizer in their torso which is what gives the mechs their ability to balance. The gyro is controlled in turn by the mechwarrior's own balance via the receptors (clan) / or helmets which they wear.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users