Old vets sound off

810 replies to this topic

#261 Badfinger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationAnunnaki Empire, Planet Nibiru

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:42 AM

It all started one cold arctic day with the release of mechwarrior the DOS version and my super computer a 286 PC. 3 Decades later after owning and still having every MW pack ever released my old *** still a firm grip on the old joy stick.

#262 Andrew D

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMaryland, United States

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:44 PM

41 - Started with the MUSE/MU* versions of 3025/56/58, PC, XBox releases. Amazing to see the community for this release B)

#263 Beo Vulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 739 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationHalsey, NE

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:21 PM

God to see some of the old crew from the early 80's here. Been waiting for a real online version of this game since MW 4. I'm 50, and a retired Vet. but i have played, from the board game up to MW4. The game was big with the guys when I was in the service in my younger days before my family came along. Daughters were never into gaming so I turned my mechwarrior games over to my nephews thats how they got into gaming.

Edited by Beo Vulf, 11 June 2012 - 05:22 PM.

#264 KittenPunch

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:32 PM

Mech Warrior was my first real love, after Comsic Ark. 39 here

#265 Damberville

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationDallas Tx

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:14 AM

Been playing tabletop BattleTech since 1986, played Crescent Hawk's Inception, played all 4 of the MechWarrior Computer games, both MechCommander games, played quite a bit of MegaMek. I own every single BT novel since Sword and Dagger. Pretty much every every piece of BT material from FASA days (and some afterwards).

I was part of Clan Snow Raven in MechWarrior 4, earned the Bloodname Sukhanov and the title of LoreMaster.

And I am 41 yrs of age.

So, does that count me as a Old Vet?

Edited by Damberville, 12 June 2012 - 10:15 AM.

#266 Homadais

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 85 posts
  • LocationPort Orchard, Washington

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:28 PM

I am 35 and been blowing them up since 89

#267 Dugite

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationMelbourne Australia

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:32 AM

43 here. Started playing around aged 13 or so. Still got first edition in the back room and a whole swag of unseen mech minatures.

Played crescent hawks inception when it came out either on C64 or Amiga 500, can't remember which it was. Never did figure out how the star map thing worked.

Edited by Dugite, 13 June 2012 - 05:44 AM.

#268 ThunderHart

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 165 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:42 AM

Long time 48 ;)

#269 Sir Memnoch

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3 posts
  • LocationViewpoint

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:57 AM

Old enough , go back to the Genie and AOL days

#270 GenWarhammer

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationCT. USA

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:37 PM

45 here. Been playing since it was called Battledroids WAAAAAAYYYY back in high school. still have 6 converted tackle boxes filled with the metal tabletop minis. I keep an old dos machine around so i can play Cresent Halks Revenge once in a while. Still hold a grudge against EA for killing MPBT:3025, best MMO ever.

#271 Blastkowitz

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 72 posts
  • LocationMinds Eye

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:39 AM

Just hit 38. Table top in the late 80's and most of the computer games since. Been so long I do not know if I will be any good now, but I cannnot resist getting back into that cockpit. Going to have to go out and buy a nice joystick and throttle, and as luck would have it, I do have a Best Buy gift card that I have not used yet.

#272 Martek

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:06 AM

Been into BattleTech for as long as I can remember. Favorite game up until this point is still the original Mech Commander on Mplayer. Great community in it's prime.

#273 The East is Burning Red

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:26 AM

Wow, you guys are ancient!!

I'm not old (turning 12 in august, my mom's gonna get me a iphone 4s!) but I've watched every Gundam series so I think that makes me a vet.

looking forward to serving with all of you!

Edited by The East is Burning Red, 19 June 2012 - 10:30 AM.

#274 kingofwacky

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:34 AM

well I'm 21, but started with mechwarrior 3...have since got gotten my hands on just about every mechwarrior game out there (all the mechwarrior, mechcommander, mechassualt, living legends, etc). Can't wait for this new one to come out!

#275 OICU812

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 113 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:50 AM

Battledroids and everything since!

My most memorable moment was playing MPBT on GEnie back in '93 and taking out a Battlemaster with a Locust!

#276 Donovan Jenks

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:37 PM

I am 35 and I am proud to say I have been rolling crits and popping heads since 1988. Spent most of the 90's running Battletech and Mechwarrior tabletop campaigns and got into the computer games with Mechwarrior 3.

I remember playing in the Battletech Simulators at the 1994 GenCon and can tell you I have been waiting for the time when technology would bring us a closer experience to what we all read about in the novels and sourcebooks.

Battletech fans have always been one of the most loyal and creative groups around and I will be honored to march into battle with all you fellow grizzled veterans from decades past!

#277 AdamantVallation

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:41 PM

31 and playing since '88, its been a heck of ride so far, lots of ups and downs, but glad and pleasantly surprised the franchise is alive, even if more than one company who has owned it didn't.

#278 Csypher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts
  • LocationVA

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:45 PM

bought MW2 at launch been playing all mech warrior games since. 1995 so 17 years is long.

All systems online. Cant wait

Looking for guild / group to play with
will be playing to much im sure.

#279 Odinn

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã *Outside*

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:22 PM

Only Old Vets remember the "Unseen" Hope they make an appearance in MW:O. Brings back memories.....

Posted Image

#280 Vechs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:10 PM

I'm 26, been in love with the Battletech universe since I first played Mechwarrior 2 on PC. Played every Mechwarrior video game since then. (Mechassualt does not count...) I've never played the tabletop game, but I love reading the books... The factions, the politics, the stories, and of course, the machines.

I am so glad Mechwarrior has been revived, I was worried the franchise was gone when FASA folded.

I used to play under the name CB-Medium on Mplayer with Mechwarrior 2, if anyone remembers that ancient service. :(

The name I've used a lot online is Vechs Davion, mostly in RPG's and MMO's. Will be nice to finally play in the universe where I got my name from.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users