[Bug] Any Damage To Internals Kills The Section Instantly.

64 replies to this topic

#21 SpiralRazor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

I'm not a designer, but I will say that DHS at 2.0 heat allowed me to core a fully armoured Atlas from behind in roughly 3 seconds. In my Jenner. Keep in mind that the 1.4 times boost isn't just to cooling DOWN, it's a boost to heat THRESHOLD as well.

This was shades of the SL Jenner of F+F beta past, and we reacted to it quickly, because well, we'd already seen what happens.

And remember everyone - we're still open beta, so weapon changes will still occur."

Tell ya what Garth....no one believes you. Let us test it for 2 days and the community will get back to you. You know, the side of the equation that can actually do math.

Edited by SpiralRazor, 06 November 2012 - 07:49 PM.

#22 Balsover

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

View Postdaemur, on 06 November 2012 - 07:49 PM, said:

A number of additional improvements have rolled out with this build as well is the introduction of a new weapon system. The hitbox detection which deteriorated over the past builds has been significantly improved and will obviously increase damage across the board.

Any reason we were not told of this "new weapon system" or that we should see "increased damage accross the board"? Kinda sounds important to me, either that or made up.........

#23 Orzorn

• 3,327 posts
  • LocationComanche, Texas

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

View PostBalsover, on 06 November 2012 - 07:59 PM, said:

Any reason we were not told of this "new weapon system" or that we should see "increased damage accross the board"? Kinda sounds important to me, either that or made up.........

Artemis was explicitely mentioned in the patch notes. Please read them.

Besides that, though, many are reporting issues that could not possibly just be the paper doll not updating fast enough. This is very likely a bug with internals going on.

#24 Joehunk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 355 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

I think the bug is more that everything in the section is destroyed. I have had a section hit and it will stay yellow (with no armor) but any weapons in that section are instantly gone. Now if you have *ammo* in that section, it explodes and usually roasts you.

#25 Divine Madcat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:07 PM

I just played a match, in my jenner with a standard engine. Got hit from behind, and the CT internals still showed yellow, but was cored anyway.

#26 Dead Fury

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 235 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

View PostDivine Madcat, on 06 November 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

I just played a match, in my jenner with a standard engine. Got hit from behind, and the CT internals still showed yellow, but was cored anyway.

Because the paper doll did not update quick enough. You took the correct amount of damage to be cored. However, The paper doll took to long in updating to show you that you went from yellow - to red to dead.

#27 LogicSol

• 2,411 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

View Postdaemur, on 06 November 2012 - 08:12 PM, said:

You are referring to the critical hit system, which as long as you are losing your weapons after armor has been removed, is working as intended. Each weapon occupies a critical slot(s) that may be hit when shot after the mech has lost its armor.

The moment people are seeing their armor go away, the next hit causes a critical, nearly every single time. If it's working as intented then either critical rates have been greatly increased, or items have significantly less health.

#28 Broceratops

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

if intended, this drastically changes the game. to the point where armor becomes super precious and everyone will have to play cautiously to the point of reality FPSes

I also don't buy the paper doll is delayed explanation. Everyone is definitely softer now. In a way it plays more like MW because previously internals was like a second layer or armor, but this is a huge change to be undocumented.

Edited by Broceratops, 06 November 2012 - 08:20 PM.

#29 Draco Argentum

• 1,222 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

View PostBlack Templar, on 06 November 2012 - 06:26 PM, said:

i don't think they do much in depth testing before releasing the patches, because it is OUR job as beta testers to test and report all our findings. i am tired of all the post patch QQ.

Give me a call when PGI is paying me to test. This game is charging real money for keeps, I won't be paying to beta test. Either PGI pays me or they stop charging for the game if they want free testing done.

#30 NovaFury

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 386 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

Daemur, you mentioned artemis helps hit 'critical locations' with missiles. Is it intentional to lose my max-armor catapult C4 to an LRM15 salvo that vertically launched and struck my cockpit due to how massive the catapult's vertical cockpit glass hitbox is, and how it is slanted?

Thanks in advance. I also managed to kill an atlas with a single salvo, from no damage, because I am running artemis myself.

Edited by NovaFury, 06 November 2012 - 08:38 PM.

#31 devast8ndiscodave

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

Daemur, patch is broken. Simple as that. No point in trying to defend it, we the players see that its broken and it's ruining our fun.

#32 Westonard

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

I have to agree with what other people have said. I have quit playing because, when running my Raven in three matches, the first match it took maybe two LRM salvos to kill the raven. The second match my raven just flat out quit moving and I was stuck unable to move due to some River City bug that I ran into so an Atlas killed me. The third was similar to the first. Was moving away from a Centurion, I know he was missing me because I was watching his shots go wild. He drug his medium laser across the Raven's back which was light yellow and I was cored.

#33 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

If you get a crit hit on your engine that kills it, you will die regardless of whether the torso section itself is gone.

#34 Hesketh Vernon Hesketh Prichard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

View Postdaemur, on 06 November 2012 - 07:49 PM, said:

A number of additional improvements have rolled out with this build as well is the introduction of a new weapon system. The hitbox detection which deteriorated over the past builds has been significantly improved and will obviously increase damage across the board. The Artemis missile system also drastically improves the potential of missile boats to hit their targets and to do so in critical locations.

As I said we are aware of the paper doll and are looking into it, however I will safely say you should only be taking appropriate/deserved damage. If you believe you have a separate issue you should submit a support ticket and we will look into it.

Again thanks for the support.

Wow, your answers suck in that PR way that the like of energy services/goverments/banks etc etc talk like when they get asked hard questions and responed with what seems to be an intelectual answer when really its just a pile of baby sick.

I really REALLY have no more faith in this game haha. THey've had our millions, MW as a franchise is dead!

O well, Back to Borderlands

#35 Leetskeet

• Bad Company
  • 2,101 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

This happens once every two games or so.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Am I looking at engine crits being stealth implemented, or is this a horrible, horrible bug?
(Also enjoy the blurry *** mechs with after-image shades even though I have motion blur off.)

Edited by Leetskeet, 06 November 2012 - 09:12 PM.

#36 Hesketh Vernon Hesketh Prichard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

View Postdevast8ndiscodave, on 06 November 2012 - 08:46 PM, said:

Daemur, patch is broken. Simple as that. No point in trying to defend it, we the players see that its broken and it's ruining our fun.

^^ He's on the money you know

#37 Broceratops

• 1,903 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

Daemur the reason i dont feel it is a hit detection improvement is that armor strips at what feels like the same rate as before. But once those externals are exposed, bam, its over much of the time. Unless you are saying hit detection was broken only for criticals that never registered, then there must be something else going on.

If this is intended though though, it changes the meta by a lot. For one thing LRMS become a lot better the splash on an armor stripped mech will have a high chance to kill it in one salvo, and the mech cant even defend against the attack by shielding himself with arms or turning. Another result is you are basically halving the HP of all mechs. No longer can you chug around with a exposed CT knowing that hey, you're still good for a few more hits. Now its more like if you take a couple hits to the chest, you have to be super paranoid because one alpha and you're dead.

If this is the way PGI wants to take the game thats fine, but nowhere was it stated in the update. "fixed hit detection" didnt clue anybody in that it would be like this.

Edited by Broceratops, 06 November 2012 - 09:13 PM.

#38 Draco Argentum

• 1,222 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

View Postdaemur, on 06 November 2012 - 09:04 PM, said:

Both companies are always taking applications. Also thank you for participating in our Beta.

Thanks all. Heading home.

Jokes on you. I haven't played a single match in open beta because the game just isn't fun enough to play for free and it isn't good enough to pay for.

Protip, there is a forum bug which is causing my founders tag to continue displaying after I got my refund. Bugs? In something created by PGI? I am shocked!

#39 Hesketh Vernon Hesketh Prichard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

View PostDraco Argentum, on 06 November 2012 - 09:28 PM, said:

Jokes on you. I haven't played a single match in open beta because the game just isn't fun enough to play for free and it isn't good enough to pay for.

Protip, there is a forum bug which is causing my founders tag to continue displaying after I got my refund. Bugs? In something created by PGI? I am shocked!

I feel the same as you, This games going nowhere fast. Infact i think they just put it in reverse with this last patch haha

#40 Grumman

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 20 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

i havn't seen any problems with this but it might be the critical hit system which was talked about.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users