House Liao introductions

266 replies to this topic

#101 Sativacuity

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:54 AM

View PostMetro, on 13 June 2012 - 06:13 AM, said:

Hello to everyone who has come onboard to MWO in the last 3 weeks, during my absence.

Good to see Addy and a few others took on the role of welcoming everyone.

House Liao will do fine with great people like you all fighting in her mechs!

We have a welcoming committee.

#102 GeneralLiao

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:29 PM

I'm so psyched about the upcoming battles.

#103 Harabec Weathers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons, Mars

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:57 PM

Hello everyone, my name is Bek Storm.

I'm an immigrant from Mars, a former miner, a political activist, and I'm voiced by Mark Hamill. I hope we all can get along! ;)

#104 Cowstomper

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationA planet near YOU

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:01 PM

View PostHarabec Weathers, on 13 June 2012 - 05:57 PM, said:

Hello everyone, my name is Bek Storm.

I'm an immigrant from Mars, a former miner, a political activist, and I'm voiced by Mark Hamill. I hope we all can get along! ;)

Humans//animals must be eliminated.

#105 NotASecretAce

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:08 PM

View PostRobert9670, on 25 April 2012 - 09:28 AM, said:

Since I haven't seen a topic dedicated to House Liao introductions, I thought that I would start one. Just post your pilot name, background, and other interests.

Pilot Name: Robert9670

Background: MechAssault, read MechWarrior novels "By Blood Betrayed", "Roar of Honor", and "Ghost of Winter". Also I do have the BattleTech Field Manual about the Capellan Confederation.

Other interests: Star Wars, Mass Effect series, our universe, prehistoric life, reading books, video games, watching movies, military history

I chose House Liao as I want to help defeat the enemies of House Liao, but I also want to help bring glory to the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces. I also look forward to fighting alongside all of you here under the banner of the Capellan Confederation.

If you are for Liao why don't you have the Liao for your logo atm?

#106 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:46 AM

View PostNotASecretAce, on 13 June 2012 - 06:08 PM, said:

If you are for Liao why don't you have the Liao for your logo atm?

Why didn't you asked him on April 25, when he created that topic?

#107 Bastard Ken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:10 AM

The ultimate in disposing one's troops is to be without ascertainable shape. Then the most penetrating spies cannot pry in nor can the wise lay plans against you.

#108 FFTimberwolf

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 13 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:48 PM

Guess I'm long overdue to post in here.
I've been playing MechWarrior since the MW2 original Demo from eons ago out of a PC gaming magazine.
I've gobbled up the novels (read at least as much as WarHammer 40K), played a bit of City Tech.

I was in the shortlived BT3025. I was in the lobby, waiting to join up with the Davions, and like a fat kid in dodgeball, the recruiters picked others around me, and then disappeared. Then a Liao officer appeared, noticed I'd been there a while, and invites me to come chat with the Liao crowd. There might have been some indoctrination and brain washing. But I've piloted for Liao ever since.

#109 Jad Ivask

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationThe aging theofascist hellhole of Fremont, NE.

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:27 PM

I chose House Liao because they're at least honest about being power mongering authoratarian ********, unlike the Davions. They also base their power on an educated populace, rather than hordes of illiterate pesants held in check with fear of military reprisal.

I also just love the paint jobs on the Death Commandos.

However, if by some act of divine mercy the Taurian Concordat becomes a playable faction, I'm going traitor.

#110 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:55 AM

Nice to see new people here. Welcome guys.

Also, Jad, just wait until the Trinity Alliance forms, you'll play Liao, but still help Taurians at once. :D

#111 Third Flower

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:03 AM

Hello! My name is Third Flower, and I go by the call-sign "Third Flower". I've been a huge fan of robottech since the cartoons, and I'm looking forward to saddling up the ol' "iron bird" and dusting off the photo torpedoes! Looking forward to trading with you in the future future :D Stay safe!

#112 Felidae

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 49 posts
  • LocationSian, Queensland, Australia

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:45 AM

Hi everyone!

Call-Sign: Felidae

I've been playing Battletech and Mechwarrior games since the table-top Battletech 3rd edition was released in 1994 and still regard the Battletech universe as my favorite SiFi universe.

Right from the beginning when I first read the very small lore info about each of the IS House factions in the Battletech rulebook, I liked Liao the best and stuck with them till this day. Oh though the Nova Cat Clan also occupies a special place in my heart.

Edited by Felidae, 19 July 2012 - 05:03 AM.

#113 Jad Ivask

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationThe aging theofascist hellhole of Fremont, NE.

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:04 PM

View PostAdridos, on 20 June 2012 - 12:55 AM, said:

Also, Jad, just wait until the Trinity Alliance forms, you'll play Liao, but still help Taurians at once. :)

I'm waiting with bated breathm actually. As a Turian at heart, sticking it to the Fedrats is a matter of personal duty.

#114 Magnificent Fartlord

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationYEAH SUP

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:39 PM

OK guys, here goes.

//TOP SECRET//
**HOUSE LIAO MILITARY PERSONNEL DOSSIER**

// INCOMING IMAGE FILE

Posted Image

//

Mechwarrior Callsign: FartLord (In reference to Dan's notorious gastro-intestinal difficulties, he prefers the nickname, really)

Personal Mech: "Yen-Lo-Bong" Custom Catapult-K equipped with six medium pulse lasers, 26 heat sinks

Bio:

Daniel Allard-Liao Jr. was the product of a "super Mechwarrior" project, he was cloned using the genes of his brother, Kai Allard-Liao.

Administered his entire life by experimental myomer treatments and neurosurgery akin to many Clan techniques, Dan Jr. is a literal powerhouse, with the strength and power of a Clan elemental, able to interface with 'mechs with the ease of a clan warrior, and trained by the best warrior houses in the Capellan Confederation. Despite his upbringing to murder and kill in the name of Free Capella, Dan turned to peace, escaping his heavily guarded training compound easily, and fleeing to the St. Ives Compact. Under hidden directives, he retired to the St. Marinus Monastary in Lyran space, content to end his days as a death-bringer. At St. Marinus Dan took to wearing large Aviator Sunglasses to hide his neuro implants. Dan also took to smoking marijuana-weed to dull the pain and nausea brought on by his Myomer implants, however his enhanced physical capabilites requires him to smoke copious amounts of the plant in order to bring about its effects. Dan is normally seen chomping on a Tauran dope-cigar during monastic meditation. However, with rumors of stirring, mysterious warriors, and the 4th Succession Wars raging, Dan has decided to move forward, mounting a state of the art Catapult and joining the service of House Liao. Only time will tell what happens next.

Spirit Animal: Tetatae - During his meditations Daniel awoke his spiritual/psychic potential, manifested to him as his spirit animal, the proud warrior race of the Tetatae, Daniel works to fight with the ferocity and honor of the Tetatae.

edited: apparently I was thinking of a Tauren dope-cigar, not a marijaunblunt, a quick visit to sarna set that straight!!

Edited by Magnificent Fartlord, 21 June 2012 - 06:15 PM.

#115 Anders

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:09 PM

Hi, how are you? Yes, it's nice to meet me
Damn, Billboard, I mean I'm winning but I'm still bored
Yeah we shine, gold cluster
As for your career, dead... Ghost Busters

#116 Duncan Aravain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 416 posts
  • LocationBehind you with a sharp tool...er,mech

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:27 PM

Pilot: Duncan Aravain

Callsign: Driller

Mech: Catapult

Been playing in the BT universe from the beginning and have a large collection of BT/Mechwarrior books. Played almost all the BT/MW computer games and spent many an hour down at Chicago's North Pier in a pod. Chose Liao because of the pain that will come and besides, I just look good in green. In RL, I'm a Dentist and nothing should send fear in MWO like a rampaging Liao mechwarrior dentist.

#117 WarLiege

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 98 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:45 PM

Greetings to all fellow "House Of Liao" brethren. I wanted to introduce myself to you all
for i will be fighting hard at your side and at the rare unfortunate moments parishing next to you
as well in the thick of battle.

The "House Of Liao" means everything to me..I would sell my soul for it in a heartbeat!!!
All other factions are underneath and meaningless to me. If only others new the power and respect
that they would recieve inside our faction, im sure they would instantly
join us. But Unfortunatley they will sadly learn that the current faction they are in other than
"House Of Liao" will provide them with basic provisions and horrifying losses on the battlefield.

To each is own though and i look forward to serving my fellow comrades upon our departure to our
first dropzone together. All Hail "House Of Liao".

Edited by WarLiege, 21 June 2012 - 05:45 PM.

#118 Bastard Ken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:10 PM

An army that is cherished and respected by the people, and vice versa, is a nearly invincible force. The army and the people must unite on the grounds of basic respect.

#119 FireBerretta

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 169 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:12 AM

View PostSanction, on 12 June 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

Sir, I admire your subtlety. Good show.

These look oddly familiar :wub:

Edited by FireBerretta, 26 June 2012 - 07:12 AM.

#120 FireBerretta

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 169 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:19 AM

View PostJad Ivask, on 19 June 2012 - 10:27 PM, said:

I chose House Liao because they're at least honest about being power mongering authoratarian ********, unlike the Davions. They also base their power on an educated populace, rather than hordes of illiterate pesants held in check with fear of military reprisal.

I also just love the paint jobs on the Death Commandos.

However, if by some act of divine mercy the Taurian Concordat becomes a playable faction, I'm going traitor.

WOW. The TC is a name I haven't heard in a long time :wub:

View PostWarLiege, on 21 June 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

Greetings to all fellow "House Of Liao" brethren. I wanted to introduce myself to you all
for i will be fighting hard at your side and at the rare unfortunate moments parishing next to you
as well in the thick of battle.

The "House Of Liao" means everything to me..I would sell my soul for it in a heartbeat!!!
All other factions are underneath and meaningless to me. If only others new the power and respect
that they would recieve inside our faction, im sure they would instantly
join us. But Unfortunatley they will sadly learn that the current faction they are in other than
"House Of Liao" will provide them with basic provisions and horrifying losses on the battlefield.

To each is own though and i look forward to serving my fellow comrades upon our departure to our
first dropzone together. All Hail "House Of Liao".

Well said.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users