1768 replies to this topic

#1641 NovaShadow

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 04:47 AM

smurfy

This is really sweet. I love how you have the mechs grouped by clan/innersphere and then under each mech the variants. You have the standard load out and just everything, it's great. So I have a lot of stuff because I have been investing for a while, but I don't know what is what and what I see missing are the special mechs that you can only get with packs like Founders, Project Phoenix, Saber Reinforcements, and even the packs that you can still buy like Clan Invasion, etc. Perhaps these "specials" or no different than a variant that you can buy except perhaps a C-Bill bonus and came, the point is I don't know so here are some examples and I do see you have at least one such special Mech, JR7-D(S). If for not other benefit than showing the bonuses, special features, locks, etc the Mech has it would be nice to list these variants.

JR7-D vs JR7-D(F) A Founder Mech

LCT-1V vs LCT-1V(P) A Project Phoenix Mech

GRF-1N vs GRF-1N(P) A Saber Reinforcement Mech

WHK-PRIME vs WHK-PRIME(I) A Clan Invasion Mech

#1642 The Verge

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 146 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 21 January 2016 - 10:10 AM

hey smurfy, we're having some issues with the Warhawk having JJ in the displayed mechlab over here. https://www.mechspec...690/#post-80569

Let me know if anything can be done.

#1643 TheArcher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 149 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 10:58 AM

Smurfy,

Thank you for a great tool! I have one suggestion, and my apologies if it's been mentioned before. (83 pages of feeback...)

On the main page, when the user selects a chassis or variant, the hardpoint list is filtered to only show the selected chassis/variant. Could the same be done for the quirk list? It would be nice if the hardpoints and quirks for a chassis would fit on one "page", or close to it.

Thanks again, and happy hunting!

archer

#1644 Prussian Havoc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 31 January 2016 - 03:06 AM

I am trying to assist HBS to upload your Smurfy Plug-in to their BATTLETECH forum (http://community.bat...game.com/forums).

There appears to be a problem with their ability to download the plug-in.

Is there a better location where they can find the Plug-in?

Thank you in advance!

#1645 zudukai

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 07:17 AM

View PostPrussian Havoc, on 31 January 2016 - 03:06 AM, said:

I am trying to assist HBS to upload your Smurfy Plug-in to their BATTLETECH forum (http://community.bat...game.com/forums).

There appears to be a problem with their ability to download the plug-in.

Is there a better location where they can find the Plug-in?

Thank you in advance!
you can get it from the github, load a build, save and share, and the link to the .api is there.

#1646 Solahma

• Fury
  • Fury
  • 1,364 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNerv HQ, Tokyo-3

Posted 01 February 2016 - 03:17 PM

View PostSolahma, on 17 December 2015 - 12:14 PM, said:

Hello Smurfy, I have a spreadsheet to calculate build information. I'm noticing a discrepency between my spreadsheet and your values and curious how you find them for your site. The two values in question are Sustained DPS and Heat Efficiency.

In my spreadsheet:
  • For my heat efficiency, I simply take Dissipation per second divided by heat generation per second.
  • Heat generation per second is weapon heat divided by cooldown+duration
  • Dissipation per second is Heat sink quantity times heat sink dissipation value. Internal (fixed engine) heatsink value is 0.20 and external (not-fixed) heatsink value is 0.14 for IS DHS and 0.15 for C-DHS
  • Sustained DPS is simply a factor of the build's max DPS and heat efficiency. I multiply the Max DPS with the heat efficiency percentage.
I'd love to find out the differences causing this discrepancy. At least to understand it and perhaps adopt a similar approach.

Heya Smurfy, Is there a chance you can explain this to me here or in private message? Would love to be on the same page as your site or at least understand the values you use.

Much appreciated! Thank you!

#1647 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 01 February 2016 - 03:26 PM

View Postzudukai, on 01 February 2016 - 07:17 AM, said:

you can get it from the github, load a build, save and share, and the link to the .api is there.

It is not the link to the .api that I need, It is the actual Smurfy plugin that I am trying to provide to a third-party site (HBS's BATTLETECH forum) so that individual Mech links will show up as the small graphic and not simply a link.

#1648 zudukai

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 07:22 PM

View PostPrussian Havoc, on 01 February 2016 - 03:26 PM, said:

It is not the link to the .api that I need, It is the actual Smurfy plugin that I am trying to provide to a third-party site (HBS's BATTLETECH forum) so that individual Mech links will show up as the small graphic and not simply a link.
I was under the impression that the .api was exactly that...

#1649 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 08 February 2016 - 12:51 PM

Hey, Smurfy, how long has it been since you updated the spreadsheet at the top of this thread? It still says the effective heat sinks for the Clan and Inner Sphere ERPPCs is the same - but that can't be true after the heat sink changes.

Never mind - I just remembered that EHS is a calculated value (because of things like DHS that are part of the engine being true doubles.) Now I have to do math...

Edited by Void Angel, 08 February 2016 - 12:58 PM.

#1650 ExMachina

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 01:22 PM

Hey smurfy. Thanks for the app, it's great and a lot better than looking in-game.

I would like to add some filtering to the mechs table. Where can I contribute some code. I know there is an API, but I'm thinking other people might like it too.

Specifically, I was looking for ECM Mechs. I filtered them with a quick & dirty jQuery script, but we can do better Posted Image. E.g. filter by hardpoints, price, turning angle etc.

What do you think?

#1651 Jonty Roodnick

Senior Texture Artist

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 18 posts
  • Locationvancouver

Posted 29 February 2016 - 10:36 PM

Smurfy Mech quirks lists the Raven-4X as ENERGY RANGE: 30.00 % It should be ENERGY RANGE: 10.00 %.

#1652 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 February 2016 - 11:07 PM

View PostJonty Roodnick, on 29 February 2016 - 10:36 PM, said:

Smurfy Mech quirks lists the Raven-4X as ENERGY RANGE: 30.00 % It should be ENERGY RANGE: 10.00 %.

Smurfy usually compiles his data on patch day. I'm not sure that he picks up on the hotfixes. http://snafets.de/mwo/quirks.htm should have the correct quirks atm, though.

#1653 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:32 PM

Hey Smurphy! Would it be possible to get a "sandbox" mode with no locked equipment or hardpoint restrictions? Would also love a way to "create" equipment too. Instead of trying to incorporate EVERYTHING, give us a blank box where we can set the weight and crits. PLEASE! I'll try to budget in a donation. :D

#1654 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 13 March 2016 - 01:52 PM

View Postcdlord, on 03 March 2016 - 12:32 PM, said:

Hey Smurphy! Would it be possible to get a "sandbox" mode with no locked equipment or hardpoint restrictions? Would also love a way to "create" equipment too. Instead of trying to incorporate EVERYTHING, give us a blank box where we can set the weight and crits. PLEASE! I'll try to budget in a donation. Posted Image

This - I'd happily chip in to fund development here. If you're serious about adding it, I'll toss $20 your way.

I'd REALLY like to be able to just pick mech tonnage, then have open sandbox construction from there on out (with limits like armor and such as per tonnage).

Then I could theorycraft my Kodiak builds without all the hassle of monkeying around with Solaris Skunkworks and such (which all have those stupid tabletop engine limits and all that).

#1655 A Vieira

• PipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 18 March 2016 - 03:18 AM

Hi,

Probably reported before but the Hunchbacks IIC don't show MC or C-Bills cost. Also no cost associated with Clan XL engines.

Great tool! I use it everyday. Keep it up.

#1656 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 07:43 AM

View PostA Vieira, on 18 March 2016 - 03:18 AM, said:

Hi,

Probably reported before but the Hunchbacks IIC don't show MC or C-Bills cost. Also no cost associated with Clan XL engines.

Great tool! I use it everyday. Keep it up.

this.

#1657 OPLITHS

Rookie

• The People's Hero
  • 7 posts
  • LocationDelta Time Zone

Posted 26 April 2016 - 09:09 PM

Hi, Smurfynet !

Time to add some scouting evac.points (e.z.)
Polar Highlands L11 I4 J10 H7/H6 E11
Forest Colony I12 G12 E8 H7 H12
Grim Plexus G4 I3 F6 C3 E5
River City (u did it )
Caustic Valley F4 B5 C2 E5
All data from real drops.
And thanks for your site, it`s very useful ;)

#1658 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 03 May 2016 - 11:45 PM

Smurfy, this tool is amazing and from all those who use it, we wish you many thanks.

Are you perhaps able to pre-load mechs (maybe have a different colour when they're launched). For example, I really really really want to try and pre-configure the Kodiak before it comes out). Perhaps you can make it red/pink before launch and usual orange once launched.

#1659 glycerin

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX, USA

Posted 09 May 2016 - 11:07 AM

Smurfy, you are awesome! I have used your resources for years and never said anything, and I should've. Thanks so much for all you've put into your site!

A few quick questions regarding the maps on smurfy.

1. Are the grid squares on smurfy identical to the ones in game, 500m x 500m?
2. That would make the corner to corner distance 707 meters, correct?

Thanks again!

#1660 Solahma

• Fury
  • Fury
  • 1,364 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNerv HQ, Tokyo-3

Posted 11 May 2016 - 12:13 PM

It appears Single Heat Sink values are being used incorrectly for Heat Capacity. An engine containing 10 Heat Sinks lists the same capacity as a mech with DHS. Also, adding an additional 11th SHS increases capacity by 1.44 instead of the 1.20 listed in the equipment section.

Patch notes also indicated the current added capacity should be 1.20 (again, listed correctly in Smurfy's equipement tab)
http://mwomercs.com/...h-notes?id=1420

No big issue as 99% of builds don't use SHS, but it does appear there is an error.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users