#41 Mongoose Trueborn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 742 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:25 AM

View PostNoth, on 06 January 2013 - 10:18 PM, said:

Rabble rabble...

Your standards are so low it is sad. How you can argue that there is not a lack of content in this game is beyond me. You must eat the same thing every day and love it.

#42 Mongoose Trueborn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 742 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:31 AM

View Posto0Marduk0o, on 07 January 2013 - 05:46 AM, said:

And in the meantime you were hidden somewhere in a cave? :)
That statement is outdated since many month.

FYI, "with the core of the community experience" doesn't mean Community Warfare.

Jebus dude. He proves you wrong and shows it to you in black and white and still you argue. You are either a fool or can't read. That post is what lead me to buy a founders pack and I'm sure i'm not alone.

#43 Scar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,694 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:33 AM

View PostMongoose Trueborn, on 07 January 2013 - 06:31 AM, said:

Jebus dude. He proves you wrong and shows it to you in black and white and still you argue. You are either a fool or can't read. That post is what lead me to buy a founders pack and I'm sure i'm not alone.

Exactly.

#44 bantapoo

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 98 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:41 AM

sometimes you like the game so much that you pest at the pace of updates.
then you realize that it will never go faster, due to PGI being small.
what to do next? quit out of boredom? rage on forums?
my solution was to mix it in with another game, such as ps2.
thats enough to fill my free time, and help me cope with the wait, while have quality time.
the enemy of a enjoyment is saturation.
cheers

Edited by bantapoo, 07 January 2013 - 06:42 AM.

#45 o0Marduk0o

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:26 AM

View PostScar, on 07 January 2013 - 05:51 AM, said:

Source, please. You need something more credible, than your words. Until that - back off.

View PostMongoose Trueborn, on 07 January 2013 - 06:31 AM, said:

Oh look, another cave dweller.

I hope that you both notice DEV/CM posts when I quote them. :P
It took just a few minutes.
http://mwomercs.com/...rns-oct-122012/

"Nothing has changed from this original vision of where we want to take Community Warfare. The thing about Community Warfare the decision to push it out further post Open Beta, is the sheer size of the feature and the amount of time to implement. Right now we want the dev team to focus on getting the current game feature set into the live build and then stabilize the build as people join us through the first few weeks of Open Beta. Soon after, a large segment of the entire team will shift over to getting Community Warfare coded and implemented so we can get this into the hands of internal/early beta tester’s hands so we can launch the feature in the future. Because of the sheer workload of this feature we cannot give you an accurate timeline for delivery for this but we will start rolling out information as we begin development of Community Warfare."

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__1607952

"We are not straying away from this path, we will just not give a timeline as like it says in the quote above, it's such a big component of the game that we can't honestly give you a date. It has been through planning and design and will have to be ironed out a lot in order to make sure it does what we want it to. Community Warfare is NOT just a game mode or rule set, it's an entire sub-system that has to be created from the ground up and incorporated into what we have right now. At no time have we said Community Warfare is off the table and nor will we. It's a very important part of our long term goals with MWO."

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__1603119

This is why we lock threads dealing with the same thing over and over.

http://mwomercs.com/...aw-on-your-aes/

That is also why we lock threads that have been answered.

The official answer is from Niko Snow:

Niko Snow said:
Posted Today, 12:59 AM

Closing this thread. I love Community Warfare as much as the next person does but this has already been established as being further than the immediate roadmap.

Closing thread guys. As the answer to the OP has been given. You can create a thread about what you might expect when it comes out, etc.

#46 Elkarlo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:26 AM

View PostMongoose Trueborn, on 06 January 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

What? 1 mech every month if we are lucky and a light variant of a current map?

No we will get two new Maps in February and March, this makes at least 6 New Maps when you count
the 3 Variants of every map that will come in. :P

Read the Roadmap.

http://mwomercs.com/...mber-18th-2012/

and

http://mwomercs.com/...mber-18th-2012/

Edited by Elkarlo, 07 January 2013 - 07:30 AM.

#47 Inertiaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:37 AM

And if you don't count each variant of the map it's two late ones again. What's the third variant above assault and conquest by the way?

#48 Scar

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,694 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:42 AM

View Posto0Marduk0o, on 07 January 2013 - 07:26 AM, said:

Oh look, another cave dweller.

I hope that you both notice DEV/CM posts when I quote them. :P
It took just a few minutes.
http://mwomercs.com/...rns-oct-122012/

So, they've sold us Founder packs and then changed their own promises. That's what i'm talking about. Now it's not even known - when CW will be released. Now we just know nothing - when, what and how exactly.

Edited by Scar, 07 January 2013 - 07:43 AM.

#49 soarra

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,312 posts
  • Locationny

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:01 AM

View PostLonestar1771, on 06 January 2013 - 10:04 PM, said:

Not trying to be rude but that is the worst thing they could do. Why wait until people have left to improve the game? That's counter to what they should be doing,

hey the doomsayer is back, Go play hawken or something else instead or just leaving typical This game is dying posts.
Or try maybe a constructive post about how you would improve the game

#50 Bguk

• Moderate Giver
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

View PostScar, on 07 January 2013 - 07:42 AM, said:

So, they've sold us Founder packs and then changed their own promises. That's what i'm talking about. Now it's not even known - when CW will be released. Now we just know nothing - when, what and how exactly.

Correct. It's part of taking a chance on a game on the ground floor. Things can, and do, change.

#51 Inertiaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:11 AM

Things may change, but the game itself has not. Certainly not for the better since September. Removal of knockdowns, addition of bugged DHS, Artemis and now entirely broken ECM. Even trying to see subjectively past the current specific boredom this was a much better game late last year than it is now.

#52 FrostPaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:45 AM

It's unfortunate their release window came so close to the Christmas period. Clearly that break in the normal running of things has hurt the games progress. I think for whatever reason PGI are short on a few key staff positions which is also delaying some changes.

#53 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:56 AM

Community Warfare update will come shortly after phase 3 gets implemented.

Russ: Yeah I agree it is, but I don’t have a very good answer for you today. I think what we’re gonna have to do is get Heather and Stephanie to co-ordinate with you guys and make sure you get a great interview with Brian, our creative director, sometime soon.
I’ve been really pushing on him to do a big community update on community warfare. We know everybody wants it, we know everybody’s been waiting for it, it’s a major feature of our game and you know, we’re getting close to it. We wanted to take care some of these loose ends, well, they’re more important than loose ends, like matchmaking phases 1 and 2 in particular with 3, visual customisation, and some of these last pieces of technology in the game. Then we can really start to focus on that next major launch feature which is basically, of course, community warfare.

http://themittani.co...nt-russ-bullock

#54 Fut

• Moderate Giver
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

View PostLonestar1771, on 06 January 2013 - 10:17 PM, said:

Also don't forget how they STILL don't have regional servers. Smells like trouble to me.

Regional Servers would be amazing. I hate going into a match only to see multiple people with Pings pushing 500ms.
The match starts off fine, but slows to a halt once the groups meet up in a clash...

#55 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

View Postsoarra, on 07 January 2013 - 08:01 AM, said:

hey the doomsayer is back, Go play hawken or something else instead or just leaving typical This game is dying posts.
Or try maybe a constructive post about how you would improve the game

Aww you remembered me! How's the kool-aid? Btw , I never left and you talk about Hawken like it's a terrible game or something.

Edited by Lonestar1771, 07 January 2013 - 10:51 AM.

#56 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

View PostScar, on 07 January 2013 - 07:42 AM, said:

Aww you brought into a beta and expected all to go right to plan with no bumps.

MWLL maps were great, i will give you that, but the game had its fair share of bumps in early life, i wonder if MWLL is so amazingly good why it never took off in the mechwarrior community.

Edited by DV McKenna, 07 January 2013 - 11:04 AM.

#57 Sayyid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:04 AM

View PostEugenics, on 06 January 2013 - 02:21 PM, said:

Or is this just a mini-pvp game?

It would be cool to see a mechwarrior world online with pve, quests, storyline, content, etc.

I understand it is still in beta, but this game could be so much cooler if it had about 80percent more content in it =/

There will never be quests, or a traditional MMORPG game. I expect nothing more than World of Tanks now.

When I first read about MWO over a year ago, I expected Multiplayer Battletech with persistant universe, planetary conquest.

#58 JudgeDeathCZ

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

If you dont like game as it is now then stop playing and come back in 1-3 months :P

#59 Ihasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 843 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

View PostStone Wall, on 07 January 2013 - 05:29 AM, said:

Hey guys, is this a F2P or did you have to buy it?

What's that got to do with anything?

Just because it is free 2 play, does not mean it is free. This game still has paying customers.

And like with STO's Cryptic Defense Force who think free gives developers the right to shaft their player base regularly, just because this game is Free2Play too; does not absolve the developers from producing a quality product. In this MMO or any other ongoing online enterprise.

I hardly think Google would be the most successful search engine in the world if they had a "provide only the minimally tolerable search experience" as their corporate motto.

And like I said before, as long as we're not getting lock boxes, reputation systems, pay2win pokemon modes, grind2win equipment zones and constant, incompetently stupid power creep I'm content with the pace of PGI's development. Could it be a little better? Sure! Could their communication be a little bit better? Sure! But it could also be much, much worse.

When they start saying things like "hey I know we said we were working on netcode, but we scrapped that idea to redesign all the heavy mechs. and by the way, here's 3 new hero mechs for you to buy", then you know they've jumped the shark.

Edited by Ihasa, 07 January 2013 - 11:20 AM.

#60 Lord Jay

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 97 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

I suspect a lot of the features and content that PGI wants to implement are currently being held hostage to the stability issues.

Until such a time when the stability bugs have been at the very least clearly identified, if not outright fixed, it is unlikely that PGI will add anything significant to the production code base that they have not already committed to delivering.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users