Clans Got Overnerfed Beyond Any Limit.

347 replies to this topic

#1 X T R E M E

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 204 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 01:29 PM

try to play FP as a Clan and than as IS.
we switch every week.
every time we go IS it happens that

1) we roll everything in few instants with ease, no brain mode; while with clans we have to play properly even if we spam only Supernovas mad cat MKII, mad IIC, summoner hellbringer, linebacker, hunchback IIC and piranha.
2) we wait 15 mins to lock even with a 12 man (we usually grab 6 random pugs tier 9 just to get 12 man and lock the match) cause everyone and his dog knows clan is useless trash now and everyone goes IS

on 265 tons, IS meta laser and gauss deck kills clan meta deck by far
3 grasshopper\warhammer and 1 srm brawl bushwaker??!?!?!??!? really??? 3 black knight and 1 assassin? 1 annihilator 1 black knight 1 grassopper 1 locust 5 meds????
at range you go 2 battlemasters 1 rifleman 2ll+6erml 21 dhs and 1 wolfound.....really???!!

stop this clan op nonsense

IS have
1) better structure quirks
2)tankier chassis
3) better duration
4) better quirks
5) heavygauss
6)more drop deck tonnage
7) better agility
8) dps rac 5, clans have no ballistics, they all suck

Clans DO NOT HAVE
1) more range: now IS range is almost equal and battlemasters kill everything at range
2)more heat efficiency: clan laser vomit have 25-24 dhs while IS ones got 20, but IS ones got better damage per heat ratio and better heatgen quirks (black knight and grasshopper).
3) more damage per instant: clans pack 4erml and 2 HLL, IS pack 3ll+6erml (warhammer, grasshopper, black knight: take a calculator and you your math)
4) better assault mechs: annihilator 6 erml and 2 heavy gauss is the omni king, kills everything
5) better equipment, really, go read the stats

it is about time to

1) reverse the skill node heat gen and cooldown nerf on clans
2) buff both clan and IS gauss range
3) allow clans to shoot 3 LPL, HLL and erll at same time like IS
4) buff every ballistic in game, clan or IS
5) bring back cerml heat to 6
6) buff cerll range by 40 meters, but heat 11

Edited by XtremeAlex, 11 February 2018 - 04:51 PM.

#2 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,793 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 11 February 2018 - 01:43 PM

This is gonna be good...Posted Image

* Settles into comfy chair with popcorn *

#3 Hestan

• PipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 01:47 PM

I think it is more about abusing the quirks available then any nerf to clans.

#4 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 01:56 PM

My unit generally finds the same to be true, IS durability combined with the meta builds being on par with clans for offense (IS being more precise and their mechs being more agile and durable to spread Clan alphas) means you can kinda just walk on over the Clanners. Meanwhile as Clans you have to kite around IS mechs, and take your shots.

Its especially bad when the IS team just decides to gen rush, since they can just pick mechs that have combined health too high for the Clans to have the sustained DPS to kill them all before they take out gens over the 4 waves.

Forum here disagrees, but I also find the same opinions of Clans being too weak in ingame chat, and some places on steam except for 2 people in particular who whine about Clans being super OP and breaking balance in the game once and for all who just want clan removed from the game entirely and go back to 3025s.

#5 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:00 PM

Someone who isn't a Terribad proclaiming such a thing?

How strange

True, the Sphere does have a couple nice robots, as a whole, the Clams have a rather significant advantage
Better weapons, better upgrades, better equipment

What they typically have worse of is agility, weapon mounts, and quirks
And those aren't always true either, some Clam mechs are significantly more quirks than their Sphere brethren (which is strange...)

#6 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:23 PM

Oh God, I can't wait til Solaris drops and then, there will be something else to talk about......assuming there is anyone left in the game.

#7 Rebel581

Rookie

• Shredder
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:26 PM

Trolls and fanboys posted so much "clan op" and "nerf clan" that now no one wants to play clan mechs. So the game is unbalanced and most population went IS, now it's hard to find a drop playing IS in most of the time and fun playing clan is over.
This means that PGI made a mess trying to balance the game.
Buff the clan and nerf the IS.
Most of all: NERF HARD MISSILES! this game can't be a missile game...

#8 B o S S

• PipPip
  • WC 2018 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2018 Bronze Champ
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:32 PM

View PostChampion of Khorne Lord of Blood, on 11 February 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

My unit generally finds the same to be true, IS durability combined with the meta builds being on par with clans for offense (IS being more precise and their mechs being more agile and durable to spread Clan alphas) means you can kinda just walk on over the Clanners. Meanwhile as Clans you have to kite around IS mechs, and take your shots.

Its especially bad when the IS team just decides to gen rush, since they can just pick mechs that have combined health too high for the Clans to have the sustained DPS to kill them all before they take out gens over the 4 waves.

Forum here disagrees, but I also find the same opinions of Clans being too weak in ingame chat, and some places on steam except for 2 people in particular who whine about Clans being super OP and breaking balance in the game once and for all who just want clan removed from the game entirely and go back to 3025s.

Right!

#9 ACH75

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 251 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 03:06 PM

Buff Ballistics 1st (Velocity, heat and less jam chance, less lbx spread, more light gauss damage) cause none uses them anymore (except for regular and heavy gauss)

#10 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 03:07 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 11 February 2018 - 02:00 PM, said:

Someone who isn't a Terribad proclaiming such a thing?

How strange

True, the Sphere does have a couple nice robots, as a whole, the Clams have a rather significant advantage
Better weapons, better upgrades, better equipment

What they typically have worse of is agility, weapon mounts, and quirks
And those aren't always true either, some Clam mechs are significantly more quirks than their Sphere brethren (which is strange...)

Issue is, the Clan mechs with significantly more quirks than IS ones are generally worse than those IS ones. Like if we compare the very quirked Ice Ferret to an Assassin, there's no contest. And a Summoner with dual CERPPC vs a Grasshopper with dual ERPPC, the Grasshopper now wins with the CERPPC nerf in place, and if the ranges were closer HPPC becomes an option. Then there's the Mist Lynx, which is a Mist Lynx, 12 MGs wouldn't save that thing.

What are some other clan mechs more quirked than their IS equivalent?

#11 Lykaon

• 3,815 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 03:09 PM

If only this were true....

What mechs are you and your friends using in faction war dropdecks for clans?

Because I can 100% confirm no inner sphere mechs can not do what a Hellbringer can.

nearly 80 point alpha laser puke with ECM and 33% heat efficiency without skills on a heavy mech chassis that runs at speeds in excess of 80 KPH with max armor to boot. There is absolutely no compromises needed to utilize this mech. It has speed agility ( for heavy class) massive offense and solid defense.

And the Hellbringer isn't alone in being an excellent Sphereoid slayer.

#12 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 03:13 PM

If only you could do faction play in lobbies then we could just ggnore all day and then there would be no possible way to argue abut the facts of reality as it stands in live play.

#13 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 11 February 2018 - 03:19 PM

Wow.... I love how you completely ignore the customization, lower crit spaces and weight of clan equipment and generalize about the structure quirks -- which only apply to a few chassis and focus on a weapon that all but a few IS mechs have to strip down everything to use.

Lemme guess, you like to play the 'nonperforming' clan chassis' and are comparing to the best that IS has.... Have some more tide pods.

#14 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 03:22 PM

View PostLykaon, on 11 February 2018 - 03:09 PM, said:

If only this were true....

What mechs are you and your friends using in faction war dropdecks for clans?

Because I can 100% confirm no inner sphere mechs can not do what a Hellbringer can.

nearly 80 point alpha laser puke with ECM and 33% heat efficiency without skills on a heavy mech chassis that runs at speeds in excess of 80 KPH with max armor to boot. There is absolutely no compromises needed to utilize this mech. It has speed agility ( for heavy class) massive offense and solid defense.

And the Hellbringer isn't alone in being an excellent Sphereoid slayer.

Yet I main Hellbringers, have 4 of them mastered, have pictures of me getting 12 kills in a match without dying as my first drop Hellbringer. Yet I realize that just having a high alpha, ecm, and moving a little faster than the IS mechs isn't the only thing that matters. The 78 damage alpha of Hellbringers has a ~1.55s duration, while the IS durations max out at 1.1, the same as a clan ER small laser.

The idea behind IS mechs isn't to outdo the clans in the alpha game (though you can if you trade well and spread well), its to beat them via pushes, since you'll outbrawl clan mechs due to having higher agility, higher sustain, higher durability, and lower duration lasers and lower facetime or more precise ballistics and missiles.

View Postnehebkau, on 11 February 2018 - 03:19 PM, said:

Wow.... I love how you completely ignore the customization, lower crit spaces and weight of clan equipment and generalize about the structure quirks -- which only apply to a few chassis and focus on a weapon that all but a few IS mechs have to strip down everything to use.

Lemme guess, you like to play the 'nonperforming' clan chassis' and are comparing to the best that IS has.... Have some more tide pods.

If you aren't using an IS mech with durability quirks you're ISing wrong.

#15 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 11 February 2018 - 03:25 PM

View PostChampion of Khorne Lord of Blood, on 11 February 2018 - 03:22 PM, said:

If you aren't using an IS mech with durability quirks you're ISing wrong.

and if you are not using the best clan chassis' with the best omnipods -- you are 'clanning' wrong... I think that is the point the OP is 'clanning' wrong.

Thanks for making my point.

#16 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,081 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 11 February 2018 - 03:28 PM

What was the name of that team that won the mwo wc with only IS mechs again? I don't think they used a single clan mech. I owe them all ultimate collector mech pack of their choice. That's about 1300$ out of my wallet but a bet IS a bet.

#17 Dajegas

• PipPip
  • CS 2020 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 03:45 PM

View Postnehebkau, on 11 February 2018 - 03:25 PM, said:

and if you are not using the best clan chassis' with the best omnipods -- you are 'clanning' wrong... I think that is the point the OP is 'clanning' wrong.

Thanks for making my point.

Your point is wrong.
Have a look at who the OP is, then get off your high horse and move on.

#18 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:15 PM

View PostChampion of Khorne Lord of Blood, on 11 February 2018 - 03:07 PM, said:

Issue is, the Clan mechs with significantly more quirks than IS ones are generally worse than those IS ones. Like if we compare the very quirked Ice Ferret to an Assassin, there's no contest. And a Summoner with dual CERPPC vs a Grasshopper with dual ERPPC, the Grasshopper now wins with the CERPPC nerf in place, and if the ranges were closer HPPC becomes an option. Then there's the Mist Lynx, which is a Mist Lynx, 12 MGs wouldn't save that thing.

What are some other clan mechs more quirked than their IS equivalent?

You seem very misinformed
The GHopper was nerfed far more than the Summoner
I play neither, but something tells me the Summoner has some distinct advantages in that fight (being that it's a Clam mech)

Ice Ferret was gimped with the SPL nerfs, otherwise it would be a competitive option to the Assassin.
It was pretty adequate pre nerf. Can't remember what happened to his quirks, but they were significant.
RIP SPLs, 6 SPLs would have been absolutely deadly.

...Myth Lynx...
Do you even play the game?
It's one of the most competitive Lights on the field, easily top 5. Absolutely wrecks 1 VS 1, thanks to plenty of quirks (lol, Sphere light buffs?) and the addition of MGs
Well...pretty much exclusively due to the addition of MG hardpoints. I've had some suggest SRM and SPL builds, but I didn't want to try that.

#19 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:16 PM

View PostXtremeAlex, on 11 February 2018 - 01:29 PM, said:

stop this clan op nonsense
IS have
1) better structure quirks
2)tankier chassis
3) better duration
4) better quirks
5) heavygauss
6)more drop deck tonnage
7) better agility
8) dps rac 5, clans have no ballistics, they all suck

Clans have (in direct response to points);
1) Fight things with less firepower, are faster, and generally have better hitboxes on top of deathless ST XLs.
2) Chassis with a ****ton more firepower than anything IS can field at equal levels.
3) ... wat? No. Laser Duration is about on par, and Ultras also take the same amount of time between trigger pull and all the shots in the salvo to hit.
4) Because they needed those quirks to balance out worse firepower, worse speed, worse durability, and worse options.
5) And clans have H-Lasers and regular gauss that weights less than IS's regular gauss equaling when combined more damage at longer range for less tonnage... your point?
6) Lol, and clan mechs are better ton for ton and have better options at the same tonnages.
7) Lol when comparing extremes and unskilled, yes. When comparing equivalents, no.
8) LOL. never heard of Clan Ultra 2s, 5s, or 10s? I'll give you the C-Ultra 20, but clan ballistics are far better in almost every situation than RACs. Plus, Clan will be getting their own soon enough.

Clans DO NOT HAVE
1) more range: now IS range is almost equal and battlemasters kill everything at range
2)more heat efficiency: clan laser vomit have 25-24 dhs while IS ones got 20, but IS ones got better damage per heat ratio and better heatgen quirks (black knight and grasshopper).
3) more damage per instant: clans pack 4erml and 2 HLL, IS pack 3ll+6erml (warhammer, grasshopper, black knight: take a calculator and you your math)
4) better assault mechs: annihilator 6 erml and 2 heavy gauss is the omni king, kills everything
5) better equipment, really, go read the stats

1) Yes they do.
2) Yes they do.
3) Yes they do.
4) Yes they do.
5) Yes they do.

1) reverse the skill node heat gen and cooldown nerf on clans
2) buff both clan and IS gauss range
3) allow clans to shoot 3 LPL, HLL and erll at same time like IS
4) buff every ballistic in game, clan or IS
5) bring back cerml heat to 6
6) buff cerll range by 40 meters, but heat 11

1) Agreed but for different reasons.
2) No.
3) Possibly, but they do more damage than IS versions with longer range at a smaller size and lower weight.
4) Agreed to a point.
5) No.
6) Why?

#20 ANOM O MECH

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 993 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:28 PM

I know from dropping with my unit and Evil an awful lot that our groups all tend to feel Clan is stronger overall.

No idea about what mechs you are using that you find slow, but I am betting it is the SNV.

IS is only scary if they manage to push in with all of their armor and you can't fade.

Oh and three hll's and four ermed's would be silly, so just no.

Clan pulse also are still useful and have much better range than the now useless IS lg pulse so no to that as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users