118 replies to this topic

#61 Thanassis79

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 101 posts
  • LocationAntwerp

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:39 AM

Gonna buy the package anyway for all of the above mentioned reasons. But the question about EU founder package is a valid one. Can we get more info on this? Is the founder package restricted to NA or not?

#62 Mister Dubis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 175 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:41 AM

well if theres no t-shirt involved then im out. wth PG.. no t-shirt. what is this malarkey!?!

haha .. jk.. take my money already

#63 NinjaCool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 241 posts
  • LocationDenmark (happiest people on earth!)

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:42 AM

IPG can learn from spaceballs! ;)

(click youtube button to play)

Edited by NinjaCool, 30 May 2012 - 07:45 AM.

#64 Starne

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:50 AM

Why buy the Elite Founder's pack?

Easy:

It's a steal. $60 for $130-$140 worth of virtual goods. $80 worth of MC, plus $20-$30 of Mech, and $30 of Premium Account time.

You get a Founder's Mech with a permanent C-Bill earnings booster. This means that for the life of the game, you will have an easier time earning the money you need to buy Mechs and equipment.

It supports the Devs and the Project.

It nets you a fancy title to let all the late-comers know that you were here from the start.

#65 Zack Delphirian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:52 AM

Thank You PGI for pimpin' my 'mech ! ;)

(seriously, a t-shirt ? That would rock !)

#66 Atayu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 815 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:52 AM

View PostDespaxas, on 30 May 2012 - 07:34 AM, said:

If this was just a giant robot game I wouldn't buy the package. But Its the Battletech Universe. When the Original Mechwarrior came out I went and upgraded my computer to have a CD drive, just so I could buy and play it. At great as the devs seem to be, they are not going to do this if it is not profitable. So I see me buying a package is a way of supporting them in doing what I like.

and Oh and I totally love the Succession war T-shirt idea.

Are you sure you not referring to mechwarrior 2 That was a CD. But my original copy of mechwarrior 1 was on 3.5 floppys. It might have came both ways just asking.

#67 Orzorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,327 posts
  • LocationComanche, Texas

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:02 AM

View PostStarne, on 30 May 2012 - 07:50 AM, said:

You get a Founder's Mech with a permanent C-Bill earnings booster. This means that for the life of the game, you will have an easier time earning the money you need to buy Mechs and equipment.

Don't forget that because of the permanent C-Bill earnings booster, you essentially get a lifetime value for however much money it would cost to purchase the C-Bill booster for that amount of play time. That is potentially hundreds upon hundreds of dollars, depending on how much you play the game (also assuming the C-Bill booster from buying the pack is the same boosted amount as the bought booster, it may not be).

#68 Despaxas

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:07 AM

View PostAtayu, on 30 May 2012 - 07:52 AM, said:

Are you sure you not referring to mechwarrior 2 That was a CD. But my original copy of mechwarrior 1 was on 3.5 floppys. It might have came both ways just asking.

You are correct, and I after I played the two Crescent Hawk games I moved to MW2, and didn't play MW 1 till after that when I stumbled on a copy.

#69 Athena Hart

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationHesperus II (Or Spanaway, Wa IRL)

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:11 AM

I'm going to get Elite for several reasons.....

1: To Support Piranah, who even though the original console game they set out to make has evolved into a PC-FTP game has stuck with it while waiting to work out something with Harmony Gold and still continued to try to bring us a new Mechwarrior title.

2: Ok.. Big fan of Battletech/Mechwarrior, and I like having.... everything for my Mechs, the "Elite" package will help that along while at the same time help Piranah pay their bills so they can bring us more content.

3: lol.....why not?!? c'mon.. its only 60$ and we get cool stuff!... Hmm.. sould like a kid in a candy shop. *shrug* Seriously though you get alot of perks that will be with you for the life of the game and the Founder Title to help you remember you stuck by Piranah and can prove it. Sure we get "Exclusive" mechs, yes yes, very nice. But do you really want to pass this up and only buy "Veteran"? C'mon.. Go "Elite", you know you want to!

#70 Blackfire1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,462 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:15 AM

I refuse to answer this. The obvious has already been stated.

#71 Norrin

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationTyler, TX

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:25 AM

1) Because I want to play this game
2) Since I'm going to play it anyway I may as well get extra in game stuff
3) Because I want to continue to play it for a long time to come... in order for it to stay around , the company needs to make money

To me, it is the same as paying $15 to see the Avengers at the theater versus some bootleg video online (was it worth it??) Hell yeah! And they are certain to make another movie because they made a LOT of money. (in online game terms - more content later)

Or, eating at my favorite local restaurant... if I enjoy it and want them to be in business next week or next year then I'll keep eating there and they stay in business. If they also offer a "soup kitchen" and the money helps fund that for those that want/need to eat for free then more power to them.

In short, do I feel like I will get more entertainment value than what I will spend on the Elite package? YES!.... so why not?

Edited by Norrin, 30 May 2012 - 08:26 AM.

#72 Name140704

• 1,196 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:25 AM

The cost benefit ratio of an Elite Founder deal for someone who does not have much time, is well worth it. I just hope there are more options than just the four 'mechs shown.

#73 Draelren

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 191 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBeaverton, OR

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:27 AM

View PostHepatitisTK, on 30 May 2012 - 07:32 AM, said:

Hmm....

Spend $60 for the elite package

Pros:
Mech
Monies
Supporting the game
Feeling badass
Possible T-Shirt

Cons:
Possible food shortage for a week
Definite and severe beating from the wife

I feel that the pros outweigh the cons! ;)

This.

#74 Tannhauser Gate

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:09 AM

1. Support PGI
2. All the in game perks.
3. To be part of the game's history so I can say I was there!
4. $60 isnt alot to spend on something thats going to keep me stoked for YEARS. Ill probably spend more and it will be all worth it.
5. Just imagine how much better and evolved the game will be in 2 years or 5 years. Founders will help drive that.
6. It will look good on my nerd wall next to my Mech fatheadz.

#75 Dead Winter Dead

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Venus and Mars.

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:37 AM

I'm going Elite all the way. Please take my money. If this was the real world I'd be that guy living in a tent just to be the first through the doors.

#76 Dead Winter Dead

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Venus and Mars.

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:41 AM

View PostLakeDaemon, on 30 May 2012 - 09:09 AM, said:

1. Support PGI
2. All the in game perks.
3. To be part of the game's history so I can say I was there!
4. $60 isnt alot to spend on something thats going to keep me stoked for YEARS. Ill probably spend more and it will be all worth it.
5. Just imagine how much better and evolved the game will be in 2 years or 5 years. Founders will help drive that.
6. It will look good on my nerd wall next to my Mech fatheadz.

Wait! What? You have Mech Fatheadz?!?!?!

#77 miscreant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 823 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:12 AM

I won't buy anything if I don't get in the CBT.

#78 a rabid chihuahua

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 378 posts
  • Locationat top of jump arc ..and out of fuel!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:19 AM

because I support blowing stuff up !

#79 CompleteTanker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:29 AM

View Postmiscreant, on 30 May 2012 - 10:12 AM, said:

I won't buy anything if I don't get in the CBT.

No worries, I'll buy 2 packs to make up for it :unsure:

#80 MajorBludd

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 89 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:30 AM

the special mech plus the ability to start off on a high note with some extra toys out the box.

Saying that I dont think I will spend my funny money for a few weeks just to see how they will deal with clan stuff and I'd like to know more about the econemy and what combos work best etc

Edited by MajorBludd, 30 May 2012 - 10:31 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users