Why buy Elite founders?

118 replies to this topic

#81 ygalion

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:15 AM

I wont buy some Super Editions of Mechwarrior if there would be something what very will change playing from those who wont buy, i want still leave all on skills not on money. And also if payment version of Mechwarrior will give me some studd which i can open without buying, also not cool. Something special, some special skinns, maybe one mech special, which mainly will only change look maybe little bit better but not too much so buying dont change playing.

#82 UncleKulikov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 752 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:28 PM

View PostWar Dogz, on 30 May 2012 - 05:14 AM, said:

Only applys to that Founder's BattleMech just like in WOT and other premiums tanks.

What is your source, or evidence?

#83 osito

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, ca

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:34 PM

Heck if they just offered a t-shirt/mug and a premium membership i would still give them their 60 bucks. Why... cause i love battlemechs and want them to continue making and improving this game we all love. The mech and c-bills is just a bonus to me.

#84 Zynk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:10 PM

View PostRenan Ruivo, on 30 May 2012 - 05:15 AM, said:

I was under the assumption that the c-bill bonus would only apply to the founder mech?!

For a founder mech yes here comes the BUT

You can earn extra C-Bills with any mech if you have a premium account and with a founders even more.

Example (I do NOT know how it will work this a wag on my part)(average xp & and c-bills per match)
Norrmal mech no premium account 500 xp and 5k c-bills with a premium 1k xp and 10k c-bills
Founder's Mech no premium account 500 xp and 7.5K c-bills with a premium account 1k xp and 15k c-bills

Edited by Zynk, 30 May 2012 - 02:25 PM.

#85 tvih

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:26 PM

View PostUncleKulikov, on 30 May 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

What is your source, or evidence?

The statement that "this Mech" has the bonus is quite clear, I'm not sure how there can be any misunderstandings about it.

As for me... I'm still not sure about buying a Founder's package. Largely because my finances for the summer are very tight as it is. Hunchback and Atlas are two of my favorite 'Mechs ever since I bought the board game (prior to that I had only played MW2 which obviously didn't have Inner Sphere 'Mechs). But Atlas even more so than Hunchback, so I guess that would be my pick even though it doesn't look exactly like the "classic" Atlas that I love... still better than the abomination in the MW4 series by far, though. But since finances are indeed tight and also quite importantly I currently do not know how good the game is even going to be, it's a tough call.

I mean, as much as I like BattleTech, I won't play a game just because it is a BT game. It needs to be good, just like any other game I play. For example I didn't play MC2 much because the terrible AI ruined it completely. It had other flaws certainly, but they weren't too big of an issue while the AI fixation was the game-breaker that made me stop after just a few missions. As such a company should earn my money, I won't just throw it at them :P I made that mistake with World of Tanks in the hopes that it would end up worth it, but it's been nothing but a year-long string of endlessly delayed crucial features and many other failures and money grabs, pretty much. At a quick glance MWO shares a lot in common with WoT in how it is designed. I truly hope it's only a superficial semblance.

Edited by tvih, 30 May 2012 - 02:29 PM.

#86 CycKath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:28 PM

Buying to support and ensure the game comes out

#87 KuruptU4Fun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts
  • LocationLewisville Tx.

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:33 PM

$60 ELITE Founder's Package Includes:
  • Exclusive custom "Founder's BattleMech." This 'Mech includes a lifetime, per-match C-Bill booster.
  • $80 value of in-game currency* for in-game item purchases.
  • Two-month premium account to MechWarrior Online at launch: Earn XP & C-Bills faster.
  • Founder's Tag - sets your status apart from the crowd & get noticed in-game and on the forums.
  • Early access to the game along with Founder's assets availability starts July 17th.
$30 VETERAN Founder's Package Includes:
  • $40 value of in-game currency* for in-game item purchases.
  • One-month premium account to MechWarrior Online at launch: Earn XP & C-Bills faster.
  • Founder's Tag - sets your status apart from the crowd & get noticed in-game and on the forums.
  • Early access to the game along with Founder's assets availability starts July 17th.
SO BASED ON FACTUAL INFORMATION:

The Founders "ELITE" Mech will come with a lifetime post match C-Bill booster, (though I'm betting it's only when you use that mech.)

Both ELITE and VETERAN'S packages include:

In game money only means you get to buy more mechs and stuff to go on your mech.

Premium account has a time limit, If I'm not playing all the time, then people who are grinding all the time will make more in c-bills than I will.

#88 CptGrunt

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:36 PM

View PostRoland, on 30 May 2012 - 05:22 AM, said:

I'll give them some money just to show them that bringing back this series was a smart move. If we don't support giant robot games, then soon we won't have any giant robot games!

Amen Brother

#89 Juiced

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 237 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:01 PM

No matter how you cut it if you plan on spending money on this game the founder packages are what you need to buy. You will get more back than you would if you buy everything after these packages go away.

If nothing else the elite package costs the same as a normal game. It allows us to show the devs our support and lets them know that this will be viable in the long haul.

And im a consumer ***** i tend to buy all the CEs and such when i buy games.

PS - Devs if you come up with a higher tier founders package, similar to big game CEs, ill buy it as long as its as good a deal as the other founder packages (lets say $150 in in game currency, all four founders mechs...etc)

#90 Kanatta Jing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:07 PM

Buying Founder to sucker PGI into getting more staff to make more Mechs.

I want that place to look like a sweatshop.

#91 Renan Ruivo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 541 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationRio de Janeiro, Brazil

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:08 PM

View PostZynk, on 30 May 2012 - 02:10 PM, said:

For a founder mech yes here comes the BUT

You can earn extra C-Bills with any mech if you have a premium account and with a founders even more.

Example (I do NOT know how it will work this a wag on my part)(average xp & and c-bills per match)
Norrmal mech no premium account 500 xp and 5k c-bills with a premium 1k xp and 10k c-bills
Founder's Mech no premium account 500 xp and 7.5K c-bills with a premium account 1k xp and 15k c-bills

I wouldn't count on a 100% bonus to c-bills and xp for Premium. Probably 50%.

For founder's mech, it'll probably be like 10 or 15%.

#92 Zynk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:13 PM

View PostRenan Ruivo, on 30 May 2012 - 03:08 PM, said:

I wouldn't count on a 100% bonus to c-bills and xp for Premium. Probably 50%.

For founder's mech, it'll probably be like 10 or 15%.

What part of WAG did not understand?
For my example I was using the K.I.S.S. method.

#93 Renan Ruivo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 541 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro, Brazil

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:15 PM

View PostZynk, on 30 May 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

What part of WAG did not understand?
For my example I was using the K.I.S.S. method.

Ok. Sorry! My bad, i won't do it again, i promise.

don't hit me.

#94 Zynk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:19 PM

View PostRenan Ruivo, on 30 May 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

Ok. Sorry! My bad, i won't do it again, i promise.

don't hit me.

OK will let you go this time, next time it will be 100 lashes with a wet noodle. :P

#95 Btech

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:23 PM

they got my money the second i read about the 60$ package.

#96 Banshee Bullet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 431 posts
  • LocationUncomfortably Close

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:23 PM

Honestly the biggest downside to the founders package (imo) is that I have to go with a catapult instead of the cataphract for my founders mech.

#97 Jonas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationHot Springs Ar.

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:27 PM

I will like to see the Real money to MC rate, then see how much things cost with MC's to C-bills. I still plan on buy the elite package but in all honesty none of the Mechs really are what I want. So it will be nice to have the Founder title and be able to use Founder Gear but I will most likely Buy my Centurion and Cataphract and mod them. I save my founder Mech which ever I chose for special matches.

#98 Armageddon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:29 PM

Whatever they offer, I'm buying the most expensive one. Two of them if they stack. I want to support the Battletech IP returning to gaming BIG TIME!

#99 Pyriel Ward

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 62 posts
  • LocationCasa Grande,Arizona

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:36 PM

View PostArmageddon, on 30 May 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

Whatever they offer, I'm buying the most expensive one. Two of them if they stack. I want to support the Battletech IP returning to gaming BIG TIME!

I agree whole heartedly.

#100 Raalic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 483 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:40 PM

OP: Because I would buy this game, and it would be $60.

Edited by Raalic, 30 May 2012 - 03:41 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users