97 replies to this topic

#41 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

so what was that reason we couldnt have 2.0 HS again? And whats the continuing excuse?
Since a 3 second Jenner is possible here with these things and they obviously dont care about heat like they said they did...

#42 Zervziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 907 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 18 March 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

so what was that reason we couldnt have 2.0 HS again? And whats the continuing excuse?

Because......reasons, that's why.

#43 Levi Strauss

• PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

There is no coolant issue. Go away.

#44 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:59 PM

Since a 3 second Jenner is possible here with these things and they obviously dont care about heat like they said they did...

They tested it and decided it went against their idea of what mechwarrior should be about (heat management).

#45 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

View PostSephlock, on 18 March 2013 - 06:59 PM, said:

They tested it and decided it went against their idea of what mechwarrior should be about (heat management).

and yet.........
like I said; what is the reason NOW?

Edited by Mechwarrior Buddah, 18 March 2013 - 07:02 PM.

#46 benth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 177 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

View PostSephlock, on 18 March 2013 - 06:59 PM, said:

Yep. They've said this sentiment more than once as well.

On the topic of coolant flush:

Posted Image

#47 LaserAngel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 889 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

A continuing excuse? None, we had two bogeymen and we've lived with them everyday since they "fixed" double heatsinks. I don't think I've seen a single thread about 3-second Jenners or endless Medium Laser Cicadas.

Dissipation is slow and additional sinks increase your heat capacity which allow you to alpha strike those 6 PPCs and still walk away. I remember watching a Let's Play! of Mechwarrior 3. Dissipation was super fast but if you were rolling with +2 ER PPCs, you were on edge with the Heat Warning screaming in your ear for a few seconds. Any more and you'd probably shutdown.

Heat has always been an issue and we were really at feeling "just right" as Phil mentioned last week in NGNG. Then we get coolant. DHS 2.0 is something that was expected to be forgotten about. A lot of things are forgotten about by the masses around here.

#48 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

View Postbenth, on 18 March 2013 - 07:03 PM, said:

Yep. They've said this sentiment more than once as well.

On the topic of coolant flush:

Posted Image

so yeah... whats the excuse NOW for not getting 2.0 DHS as they clearly reversed their thought on coolant flush lol

#49 Captain Midnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

I support this post. I won't even waste c-bills on consumables.

#50 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

View PostLaserAngel, on 18 March 2013 - 07:03 PM, said:

Heat has always been an issue and we were really at feeling "just right" as Phil mentioned last week in NGNG. Then we get coolant. DHS 2.0 is something that was expected to be forgotten about. A lot of things are forgotten about by the masses around here.

like all the times they said theyd never put coolant flush into the game? Like how they said theyd never put 3rd person view in (which theyre now looking into putting in)?

#51 Moromillas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationSecret **** moon base

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

After reading this, I can't help but think that there's multiple personalities in that head whenever you keep saying 'we.'

#52 Hobo Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 597 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

I won't be buying them, but not because of this post. I won't buy coolant because I know how to properly manage my heat. I won't buy Arty Strikes because I like to shoot other mechs with my weapons.

Also, I'd like to go on the record once more and state, after a few weeks, alomst no one outside of 8-mans and tournaments will be using these, imo. Why would anyone waste C-Bills or MC on one time use stuff to win a PUG match?

#53 Captain Midnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

If we had 2.0 heatsinks we wouldn't need to buy pay2win coolant flushes.

#54 Zeus X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,307 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

Consumables will never touch my mechs.

Effin waste of a module slot imo.

Oh well I guess the little overheating kiddies need something to make their horrible builds last .2 seconds longer.

#55 LaserAngel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 889 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:11 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 18 March 2013 - 07:05 PM, said:

like all the times they said theyd never put coolant flush into the game? Like how they said theyd never put 3rd person view in (which theyre now looking into putting in)?
Perhaps it is our job as customers and players to kindly remind them and if we're going to spend money on the game, show them how wrong they are and what we really want. I bought paint, camo, and mech bays. I'm tempted to arm 7 days of discount premium before the servers go down so I can master the Jagermech. Though some people think I'm crazy for getting Premium. I have plenty of time to grind and plenty of mastered mechs in my stables.

View PostHobo Dan, on 18 March 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

Also, I'd like to go on the record once more and state, after a few weeks, alomst no one outside of 8-mans and tournaments will be using these, imo. Why would anyone waste C-Bills or MC on one time use stuff to win a PUG match?
This is the situation I hear from my friends that play World of Tanks Clan Wars. "You use gold to get gold." Though currently you can get Gold rounds using credits vs. gold and that was really the only thing you spent Gold on for CW.

#56 XIRUSPHERE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 243 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

Remember people will always buy any perceived advantage they can. I respect the stand against the mechanics as it is poison for the game and especially it's health at this point. I understand a revenue stream needs to be established and all but FFS look at what 5 million has bought so far and the attitudes that have come with it. People will continue to give them money for bad mechanics and bad practices. The best you can do at this point is try to generate bad press and hope enough people get up in arms they think they will lose sales.

#57 Star Colonel Mustard Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 488 posts
  • LocationNarnia

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

View PostCaptain Midnight, on 18 March 2013 - 07:07 PM, said:

If we had 2.0 heatsinks we wouldn't need to buy pay2win coolant flushes.

Too be fair after you apply the mech skill tree bonuses the out of engine DHS end up at ~1.9 something so that might have had something to do with it.

#58 Ranek Blackstone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

View PostDCM Zeus, on 18 March 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

Consumables will never touch my mechs.

Effin waste of a module slot imo.

Oh well I guess the little overheating kiddies need something to make their horrible builds last .2 seconds longer.

QFT. One more alpha per match on a high heat mech at the cost of either 40k C-Bills or real money. Since my mech is low heat and sustained fire over high alpha I don't need a flush.

#59 JudgeDeathCZ

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

View PostCaptain Midnight, on 18 March 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:

I support this post. I won't even waste c-bills on consumables.

MCs for mechbay and c-bills for moar 'Mechs I need and want :unsure: .

#60 Zeus X

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,307 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

View PostAstroniomix, on 18 March 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:

Too be fair after you apply the mech skill tree bonuses the out of engine DHS end up at ~1.9 something so that might have had something to do with it.

Can we get some proof on this?

I would really like to see this if that's true.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users