JM6-A

#42 Vaultan

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:23 AM

After test lot of loadout the better for me is JM6 DD / 3 Uac 5
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...echlab#modified

The 3 uac 5 never jam when you chainfire and you have good range ( 600 )
You can alpha strike ( 15 dmg ) to finish or sniping head but be carreful, you must wait cooldown.

#43 Skipper Chibbs

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:23 AM

View PostHiii Power, on 21 March 2013 - 02:16 AM, said:

Made over a thousand dmg with this build last night:

JM6-A

Nevermind, can't count slots :)

Edited by Skipper Chibbs, 21 March 2013 - 02:24 AM.

#44 PapajIGC

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:33 AM

Indeed, you retain the same heat efficiency as that Mets build with one more Medium Laser to your advantage, but again, getting ripped to shreds the moment someone looks at you is far from enticing. Those damn things get blown up easy enough as is, though it could just be my experience with the LRM boating since the 19th due to some really bad coding/programming on PGI's end.

I'll probably make some whackjob Jager build at a later time, but since I sold my K-2 and already have a Splatcat and a Muromets, the only thing I will probably ever use these Jagers for is some arm action AC/20s running 76.6kph. Everything else I could potentially use it for is just overshadowed.

Edited by PapajIGC, 21 March 2013 - 02:39 AM.

#45 El Death Smurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:39 AM

View PostPapajIGC, on 21 March 2013 - 12:44 AM, said:

Successful builds are limited to the following:
  • Anything a Catapult can do (with the exception of Splatcat) only with a faster, albeit XL, engine.
  • Anything a Cataphract can do only with a smaller engine (still typically an XL) and minus a weapon or two.

false. look i can make unsubstantiated claims too!
oh wait, whats this?? links to PROVE you wrong?!

the A hitter, no catapult or cataphract can do this, and the only cataphract that can shoot rlms shoots them 4 at a time. eff that.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...29f694348081d7c

dual ac20 in arms... i wont make one, since that's just too obvious... but again, allows for things the other heavies can't do. and still very effective

4SRM6 and lb10-x
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...94cc0fa9472e159
standard 270 engine... im kind of proud of this one.

5ac2 that's 20DPS. put on a coolant pod, and NOTHING will face you and live. 600rounds to boot. (a good shot could get +800 damage and that's without missles.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0f3b01559ba2a13

3UAC5 and 4 medium lasers. should fiar well off, and Even the hero Cata[hract cant have 4 M lasers
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1ad1474eb2200cf

granted the S model is simmiar to most capable Cataphract builds, it can do those 2 better.

#46 SchwarzerPeter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 202 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:41 AM

View PostRaso, on 20 March 2013 - 09:39 PM, said:

IDK I'm not really a huge fan of mixing ballistics with that extreme of a range difference. I'm also a fan of symmetry.

I also realized I never posted my variation for what ever reason....

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1fee042a9a4e0e3

Good thing I didn't copy anything else since I first copied the link!

I like this build, although i would run it with the STD 260 and strip a ton off the legs.

Currently i run this one: JM6-S

Dual UAC5 with 4 ML and AMS (must have till the fix of LRM). It has more ammo, runs a bit faster and has a bit more armor. But you need to concentrate when you are firing, otherwise you are jammed.

Edited by SchwarzerPeter, 21 March 2013 - 02:42 AM.

#47 PapajIGC

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:03 AM

That LB10X and SRM? Outdone by a Splatcat by leaps and bounds. The 5 AC/2 build is something I tried but runs as hot if not hotter than PPC builds, and it can't melt through a single section of armor like they can. Multiple sections to a lesser degree absolutely, my personal preference though is PPC over AC/2 boating. And UAC/5 are for the lawls. I love seeing UAC/5 Mets in my Gauss Mets because it's basically a free kill, no need for that 4th medium anyway, just makes things hotter.

Your statement is true, you can do stuff no other heavy can do, and that is mish mash weapon sets as ridiculously as the Jager does. But in terms of fulfilling a role, Catapults can do do LRMing just as well, if not better, they can do SRM cheese better, and Cataphracts can perform the ballistic/sniper support role with the same success, if not slightly more than a Jager can. So as I said, dual AC20s and dual Medium Lasers moving at 76.8kph is about only thing it is strictly better at than a CPLT or CTF. I suppose you could say it's better at trolling too, nothing more troll than 6 MGs.

#48 SchwarzerPeter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 202 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:53 AM

The advantage of the Jagger is not the speed or the tonnage. Its the incredible high position of those arms. You have to use the ballistics in these slots. They are over your head, which means as soon you can see something, you can shoot at it.

The Jager has the exact same tonnage/speed as the Catapult. So sure, you can run a dual AC build in a K2, but the Jager will be better because of the arm positions. If you run a laser build, the CPLT will be better likewise.

For an AC2 build i would choose the CTF 4X, because it has 2 more tons at 59 kph than the Jagger. But it will never be a effective sniper, these arms are just to low.

So if you want a ballistic sniper, the Jagger is perfect for it.

#49 Raso

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:01 AM

View PostSchwarzerPeter, on 21 March 2013 - 02:41 AM, said:

I like this build, although i would run it with the STD 260 and strip a ton off the legs.

Currently i run this one: JM6-S

Dual UAC5 with 4 ML and AMS (must have till the fix of LRM). It has more ammo, runs a bit faster and has a bit more armor. But you need to concentrate when you are firing, otherwise you are jammed.

Yeah the UACs seem to be a popular choice. The beauty with the Jager is thanks to the high mounted firing position you can fire with out exposing a great deal of your body then quickly take cover when you jam up.

Personally, though, I design my builds on reliability, redundancy and staying power. This means I'll often choose AC5s or AC10s over UACs for the reliability or consistency.

#50 OneEyed Jack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:13 AM

View Postbantapoo, on 21 March 2013 - 12:45 AM, said:

my regret is fitting dual gauss is too limiting due to tonnage..so apart 2xac20 you're forced to use ac10 or uac5 for effective damage, and still be able to fit short range defense weapons.
In general, I think that the ballistic weapons weight too heavily compared to missiles which do more damage for less weight.
I expect ac5 to weight 5 tons not 8, and ac10 10 tons not 12. that would make autocannons more useful for the low tonnage mechs.
Would be nice to have those changes without waiting for clan weapons..

Gauss-Jager
It's just the same as the 4xML Gausskitty, but with those higher ballistics for sniping. A bit low on ammo for my tastes, but I find it's enough with 4xML for backup. Just can't take the more chancy shots I would with more ammo.

View PostEl Death Smurf, on 21 March 2013 - 02:39 AM, said:

false. look i can make unsubstantiated claims too!
oh wait, whats this?? links to PROVE you wrong?!

He did specify successful builds. I could throw plenty of builds out that can't be done on those chassis, too, but it doesn't mean they'll be good for anything. Aside from some interesting ballistic+missile builds on the JM6-A, every build I've seen is either a copy of something done on a Cat/CTF or is some janky gimmick build that. It does gain the advantage of higher-mounted ballistics, but trades that advantage for some of the worst side-torso hit boxes in the game. Maybe the worst.

5xAC2 can't pointpoint damage well enough and is forced to stand facing it's target for an extended period, leaving it open to a return alpha that will blow out a L/RT. It'll run too hot, with not enough ammo.

3xUAC/4xML gains one ML over Ilya. I began to illustrate why that's not the advantage you think it is, but it would take too long to explain it to someone who clearly doesn't understand the build.

Gauss/LRM build is screwy in LRM loadout, making a huge gap in cycle speed. It can't be precisely replicated, but I question it's quality. Personally, I'd rather take a Cat, trade the Gauss for PPCs and gain JJs.

View PostSchwarzerPeter, on 21 March 2013 - 04:53 AM, said:

The advantage of the Jagger is not the speed or the tonnage. Its the incredible high position of those arms. You have to use the ballistics in these slots. They are over your head, which means as soon you can see something, you can shoot at it.

The Jager has the exact same tonnage/speed as the Catapult. So sure, you can run a dual AC build in a K2, but the Jager will be better because of the arm positions. If you run a laser build, the CPLT will be better likewise.

For an AC2 build i would choose the CTF 4X, because it has 2 more tons at 59 kph than the Jagger. But it will never be a effective sniper, these arms are just to low.

So if you want a ballistic sniper, the Jagger is perfect for it.

Keep in mind that the arms may be very high in relation to the cockpit/POV, but the cockpit is very low on the torso, so when you can barely see over a piece of terrain to fire, they can see a significant portion of you torso poking up, and your side torsos are freaking huge. Not to mention that busted-arse cockpit hit box.

#51 SchwarzerPeter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 202 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:15 AM

Actually i am trying to single tap the UAC5. Have them both in one group and just fire them when they are ready.

With some practice you can overcome the jamming and still fire way faster than the AC5. The AC10 is a decent alternative though.

#52 Boymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 772 posts
  • LocationUK Yorkshire (from Manchester)

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:50 AM

Running a S class at the moment, stock engine and 2x 2ac and 2x UC5 dakka dakka dakka :rolleyes:

#53 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:00 AM

A 2 AC/20 build is fun, but it's ammo limited. I've got 6T and I still run dry sometimes. And it really needs some back up weapons.

Sure it's faster than a K2, but it really doesn't feel more effective for some reason.

#54 Royalewithcheese

• 2,342 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:04 AM

For backup weapons, have you tried the S? That thing has 4 energy hardpoints in the LT/RT.

#55 Zoogoong

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:36 AM

Using a 2xAC/2 and 2xAC/5 setup right now. Wondering if a 6xAC/2 setup is worth using? Still new so any comments would be helpful on this.

#56 Royalewithcheese

• 2,342 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

View PostZoogoong, on 21 March 2013 - 09:36 AM, said:

Using a 2xAC/2 and 2xAC/5 setup right now. Wondering if a 6xAC/2 setup is worth using? Still new so any comments would be helpful on this.

My advice might actually be to stay away from stacking smaller ballistics. Ppl have tried to make 4 ballistics work on the CTF-4X, and to my knowledge there's been limited success there. I've seen 2xGauss and 3xUAC5 do some pretty significant damage on the Jagermech, and 2xAC20 is of course gonna see some play too.

#57 Zoogoong

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

View PostRoyalewithcheese, on 21 March 2013 - 09:42 AM, said:

My advice might actually be to stay away from stacking smaller ballistics. Ppl have tried to make 4 ballistics work on the CTF-4X, and to my knowledge there's been limited success there. I've seen 2xGauss and 3xUAC5 do some pretty significant damage on the Jagermech, and 2xAC20 is of course gonna see some play too.

Ok cool. Might have to try the guass/AC5 setup. Tried the 6xAC2's but heat built up fast firing the full spread on auto

#58 Raso

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:12 AM

View PostZoogoong, on 21 March 2013 - 09:36 AM, said:

a pair of AC5s with a pair of AC2s will out damage 4 AC5s and with less heat. My problem with that on the Jager is the reduced tonnage makes for even less ammo than the Cataphract.

I'm of the school of thought that if you intend to mix ballistics on the Jager you should pair a single, heavy hitting weapon like an AC20 or gauss on one arm with something lighter on the others. That said don't be afraid to toss some large lasers in the torso for add damage with out the ammo dependency. I did fairly well combining a set of AC5s with a pair of large lasers on my S.

On a side note. Currently I'm experimenting with dual AC10s with dual medium lasers. I'm finding that the extra reach over cover is an invaluable assets to the Jagermech. Mid to long range weapons like the AC10 up though the gauss seem to be the mechs best bets. I tried the LBX for a while but it just didn't feel right to me.

#59 Raso

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:50 AM

OK as much as I'm loving my Daka I think my next Jager will be the A variation. As a Hunchback 4SP pilot the SRMs are calling.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d83534c11bee9da

I can crack the enemy open at range, then close in and rip them to shreds with an SRM spread.

#60 Sh4dow78

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 234 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

This is mine JM6-A

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5bba4e1ccb20a44

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users