It Is 10Am Pst And There Is No Sign Of A Patch.

280 replies to this topic

#61 Felbombling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,972 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:54 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 21 March 2013 - 10:46 AM, said:

... actually the JagerMech head hitbox is being looked at now that we have the hotfix in place

Paul, I know you guys/gals all work hard, but why was this not done before the patch was dropped on Tuesday, considering all the issues in the past with the Cataphract, another Mech with a center torso mounted cockpit?

#62 Viper69

• 4,204 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 20 March 2013 - 08:18 AM, said:

We are currently assessing the increase in LRM/SSRM/SRM damage currently on the live production servers. Expect an official response later today. A hot fix is likely this week.

UPDATE: We will be pushing through a hot fix tomorrow at 10am PDT. Changes will be posted tomorrow.

UPDATE 2: We worked late into the night last night testing out some new values. The test build is currently being pushed to the test servers and we plan to bring down servers at 16:00 PDT (23:00 UTC) for a hot fix. Estimated downtime - 30mins.

#63 MrPenguin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSudbury, Ontario

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

View PostStaggerCheck, on 21 March 2013 - 10:54 AM, said:

Paul, I know you guys/gals all work hard, but why was this not done before the patch was dropped on Tuesday, considering all the issues in the past with the Cataphract, another Mech with a center torso mounted cockpit?

Because our data right now is pretty much tainted so they need to do there own tests to make sure its actually broken.
Look, I'm not saying the hit box isn't broken. But its foolish to take contaminated data at face value.

Edited by MrPenguin, 21 March 2013 - 10:59 AM.

#64 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

(24 intro) boop... beep... boop... beep... The following occurs between 10AM and 4PM on the day of a hotfix.

11:56 - QA still testing and more info still being gathered. I also went to talk to the headhitbox guy (yes, that's his title) and worked with him to adjust the JagerMech head hitbox. It will be reduced in size but I'm not sure at this moment which patch will include the fix. We'll try to expedite it but I can't give you a solid date at the moment.

I also rounded a corner to fast and took a desk corner to the upper thigh.

#65 MrPenguin

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSudbury, Ontario

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 21 March 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

(24 intro) boop... beep... boop... beep... The following occurs between 10AM and 4PM on the day of a hotfix.

11:56 - QA still testing and more info still being gathered. I also went to talk to the headhitbox guy (yes, that's his title) and worked with him to adjust the JagerMech head hitbox. It will be reduced in size but I'm not sure at this moment which patch will include the fix. We'll try to expedite it but I can't give you a solid date at the moment.

Well there you go.

#66 GrimlockONE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 599 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

I was a developer, until I rounded a corner to fast and took a desk corner to the upper thigh.

Fixed that for you Paul

Edited by GrimlockONE, 21 March 2013 - 11:02 AM.

#67 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

....I also rounded a corner to fast and took a desk corner to the upper thigh.

I hate it when that happens..........to me. :P
It's funny as hell when it happens to anyone else though. ;)

#68 Kell Draygo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 884 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

At least it's not a PPC to the knee.

Great updates by the way, this type of stuff is perfect and great communication between devs and players.

#69 Chunkylad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 295 posts
  • LocationIn a place called reality.

Thanks Paul for the humor and updates! Would like to see an official announcement (isn't that what that subfolder is for?) about some of these things in the future though.

#70 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:03 AM

But like a real Jack Bauer, this didn't stop you, only made you deadlier.

#71 VXJaeger

• The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

Screw Jack Bauer, this is more exciting ;)

#72 Huron Fal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 134 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:08 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 21 March 2013 - 10:46 AM, said:

11:42 AM - QA is testing the MISSILE hotfix right now and are following the testing parameters I've had to layout for them because of the way the hotfix is going to work. (You're going to see a more official post from me just prior to the hotfix).

On another note... I have heard you loud and clear. The JagerMech will have it's head hitbox increased in size and will now be shaped like a shark with a laser on it's head. ;)

... actually the JagerMech head hitbox is being looked at now that we have the hotfix in place

I laughed my butt off for about 2 solid minutes after reading this. Thank you! xD

#73 Ialti

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:11 AM

View PostGregory Owen, on 21 March 2013 - 09:02 AM, said:

No patch, No communication, what's going on this morning Garth?

View PostGarth Erlam, on 21 March 2013 - 09:05 AM, said:

It's pushed forward, no exact ETA, other than 'today.' It'll happen though!

#74 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

(24 intro) boop... beep... boop... beep... The following occurs between 12PM and 4PM on the day of a hotfix.

12:10 - I've been asked by the Commander and Chief (Big Bryan) to investigate the nuclear explosion caused by a 'tweet' last night. I'll still update you here as to hotfix progression.

Update: I've been kidnapped by thugs who are going to force food down my throat. I shall return when I escape.

#75 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

View PostPaul Inouye, on 21 March 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

(24 intro) boop... beep... boop... beep... The following occurs between 12PM and 4PM on the day of a hotfix.

12:10 - I've been asked by the Commander and Chief (Big Bryan) to investigate the nuclear explosion caused by a 'tweet' last night. I'll still update you here as to hotfix progression.

Update: I've been kidnapped by thugs who are going to force food down my throat. I shall return when I escape.

You're my hero Paul.

Edited by hammerreborn, 21 March 2013 - 11:12 AM.

#76 GrimlockONE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 599 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:13 AM

ahhh...the 3rd person view is coming "soon"tm tweet

#77 Skunk Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 286 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

View PostMrPenguin, on 21 March 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

Well there you go.

At least you didn't hit your keys.

#78 Byk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 257 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:18 AM

You da man Paul Inouye.

#79 Gregory Owen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

i find this hilarious and confusing at the same time.

why do you insist on still posting these within my thread and not give them there own within the announcements?
it should be the first thing you see right now when logging into the forums and would save alot of confusion among players who don't sift through every single post on the forums or hunt through each devs profiles to see what is new.

Edited by Gregory Owen, 21 March 2013 - 11:19 AM.

#80 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:25 AM

View PostGrimlockONE, on 21 March 2013 - 11:13 AM, said:

ahhh...the 3rd person view is coming "soon"tm tweet

Which apparently was about 3rd person coming "soon" TO THE TRAINING GROUND.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users