673 replies to this topic

#81 Helmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

View PostArmageddonKnight, on 21 March 2013 - 03:46 PM, said:

EDIT: For those talking about damage being lower than TT. Remember its 0.7 + Splash damage. So its roughly 1 DMG per on LRM's.

And it's also more centered around the CT, due to the current missile grouping, whereas in TT its more spread out.

So, yes, LRMs are doing less per missile, however, it's more concentrated damage than what is intended.

I would imagine that once they find a "better" grouping for LRMs (wider spread) we might see damage values rise.

Cheers.

#82 Fenturi

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Yes, it was to high... but as far as feel, i just took a mech with two LRM20's and two LRM 15's I got ouff about 10 full vollys and was in line of sight for 3 bursts, so I SAW a mech get hit by 70 missles 3 times... total match damage 82pts.

Broken the wrong way now.

#83 Krell Darkmoon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 169 posts
  • LocationDude, where's my Atlas?

View PostOmni 13, on 21 March 2013 - 03:00 PM, said:

and now my catapult is useless jee thanks >_>

It's only as useless as the Pilot...

#84 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

View PostThontor, on 21 March 2013 - 03:59 PM, said:

And I bet its likely there will be more than one secondary hit per missile, making they would do even more than TT values.

Don't be too sure, they nerfed the splash radius pretty hard as well, from about 6-7 meters to 1.8 for LRMs and 1.3 for SRMs.

#85 Fenris Krinkovich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationWestfall, OK

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:03 PM

This level of communication is HIGHLY desirable.

#86 Mawai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:03 PM

Thanks very much for the update and the description of both the problem, the solution and your tentative plans going forward.

It is surprising how much just a few words like these can help quell the unrest ... so, if it is at all possible, it would be nice to see more frequent communications like this one addressing concerns/bugs/design choices in MWO.

#87 TheGreatNoNo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 448 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

I was going to call it a day, but I have to test this now.

#88 Commander Kobold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

View PostKrell Darkmoon, on 21 March 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

It's only as useless as the Pilot...

yeah no, it should not take 3 volleys of 30 A-LRMs to kill a stationary jenner

#89 XIRUSPHERE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 243 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

Stalker ALRM60 pack now does 42 damage instead of 108, take into account the splash effect and it's over 60 potential damage. Limited play so far but it's still serving the suppression purpose and punishing those who don't effectively used cover. I was able to chew a 3L up about 40% with a single tag volley which made it much easier to kill. Feels better but either will need some more impulse restored or damaged bumped up a little if you intend to loosen the spread.

Support is going to need to stop sitting 800m behind lines if they want to be effective. Duration of slug fest seem to have crept up as well. I am fine with the changes so far. Challenge accepted.

#90 M4rtyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 691 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

This is great news even if temporary its good to have proper damage levels back.

I'm concerned over what was said of the missile grouping hitting mostly the CT when splash damage was just removed. This doesn't seem to make sense but its good you are looking into that to make more adjustments in the future.

I still don't like splash damage because obviously the smaller mechs will still have more instances of splash damage then larger mechs but at least the damage isn't totally additive (since the base direct hit damage is dropped).

#91 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

View PostFenturi, on 21 March 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

Yes, it was to high... but as far as feel, i just took a mech with two LRM20's and two LRM 15's I got ouff about 10 full vollys and was in line of sight for 3 bursts, so I SAW a mech get hit by 70 missles 3 times... total match damage 82pts.

Broken the wrong way now.

Was he static? It seems likely that while 3 70x salvos landed in the vicinity, only 1/3 hit him. Depending on splash damage code, it may have been that even ground shots (near misses) were splashing 7 meters.

At least the bugs are pulled and they can tune it up again later if need be.

Edited by Jetfire, 21 March 2013 - 04:07 PM.

#92 Barnaby Jones

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 434 posts
  • LocationTexas

View PostHelmer, on 21 March 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

And it's also more centered around the CT, due to the current missile grouping, whereas in TT its more spread out.

So, yes, LRMs are doing less per missile, however, it's more concentrated damage than what is intended.

I would imagine that once they find a "better" grouping for LRMs (wider spread) we might see damage values rise.

Cheers.

So instead of reverting the change they made in the last patch and then taking their time to find the right balance, they have instead given us a rush job, bandaid that we can't calculate the fix, we just have to "Feel it" to know its fixed. How homeopathic... and we all know how homeopathic medicine is ultra effective.

sounds real professional to me.

#93 Apostle OFC

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

"honestly... when a swarm of tiny missles are doing more damage than a flying VW coming at you at 2000feet per second (ac/20) something is wrong"

Keep up the great work, guys! We love it!!!

Edited by Apostle OFC, 21 March 2013 - 04:08 PM.

#94 OneEyed Jack

• 2,500 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

View PostBarnaby Jones, on 21 March 2013 - 03:55 PM, said:

how are we supposed to buy into the idea that this hot fix is anything other than a bandaid other than an ACTUAL FIX?

You're not....

View PostPaul Inouye, on 21 March 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THIS MESSAGE:
This is a TEMPORARY fix to quell the damage done by missiles at this time. We are fully investigating the damage model AND focusing on the grouping of missiles and will update as soon as we can on how any changes will be managed/implemented.

So, it seems to me (without having played it yet) that this still doesn't work. It's still going to lean missile damage heavily toward smaller targets. Since the splash damage drops off with distance (something the people touting the "it matches TT" line seem to have missed) a large target will take damage only to a single component, or very little to any secondary components, whereas a small target will often take more splash damage per component and on more components, per missile.

Again, I haven't tried it, but doing more damage to smaller targets doesn't seem like a balanced mechanic... no matter how much I want to squash them.

#95 Death Dealer 199

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:09 PM

So what gets nerfed next? AC 20's do to much spot damage i want them nerfed.

#96 Vermaxx

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

View PostAgent Pires, on 21 March 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

They've nerfed the LRMs too much. I'm not an LRM user but even a 60 LRM salvo should hurt at most it oranges my jagermech.

That sounds about right. Doubled armor, people MAX their armor (and it IS a 65 ton mech), and some of the missiles got shot down somewhere / didn't hit for whatever reason.

Especially if it oranges almost the ENTIRE mech.

#97 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

View PostBarnaby Jones, on 21 March 2013 - 04:06 PM, said:

So instead of reverting the change they made in the last patch and then taking their time to find the right balance, they have instead given us a rush job, bandaid that we can't calculate the fix, we just have to "Feel it" to know its fixed. How homeopathic... and we all know how homeopathic medicine is ultra effective.

sounds real professional to me.

You don't "revert" a bug fix, you move forward.

#98 Psikez

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

Oh hey I can log back in tonight! Thanks PGI! :ph34r:

#99 nabechewan

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

A huge and much needed improvement. It was getting to the point yesterday that every team was set up with 5-7 LRM boats.

#100 KKRonkka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

I thought Jagermech's head hitbox was also mentioned to be dealt with in this hotfix?

Edited by KKRonkka, 21 March 2013 - 04:12 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users