Build A Trial Mech - Heavy Edition Poll!

187 replies to this topic

Poll: Stuff! (1959 member(s) have cast votes)

asdasd

1. CPLT-A1 - Darth Mech (64 votes [3.27%])

Percentage of vote: 3.27%

2. CPLT-C1 - Yami Keros (65 votes [3.32%])

Percentage of vote: 3.32%

3. CPLT-C4 - Cygolinos (53 votes [2.71%])

Percentage of vote: 2.71%

4. CPLT-K2 - DoctorVishnevski (84 votes [4.29%])

Percentage of vote: 4.29%

5. DRG-1C - Thragen (186 votes [9.49%])

Percentage of vote: 9.49%

6. DRN-1N - Sigmund Floyd (79 votes [4.03%])

Percentage of vote: 4.03%

7. DRG-5N - Phorashi (587 votes [29.96%])

Percentage of vote: 29.96%

8. CTF-1X - Omigir (58 votes [2.96%])

Percentage of vote: 2.96%

9. CTF-2X - Apostal (65 votes [3.32%])

Percentage of vote: 3.32%

10. CTF-3D - Aginato (154 votes [7.86%])

Percentage of vote: 7.86%

11. CTF-4X - Selfish (564 votes [28.79%])

Percentage of vote: 28.79%

Vote

#141 Psychobunny

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 54 posts
  • Locationsweden

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:20 PM

View PostFupDup, on 21 March 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

This poll is missing Splatapult and Boomcat. I am disappoint.

View PostNikoliy, on 21 March 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

Both are specialized builds that are extremely effective in the hands of an experienced pilot but I don't think they are good trial mechs. Because they are intended for use by new inexperienced players...

inexperienced players bouth need versatile weapons, and strong weapons, and mobility..
Strong weapons are important to give them a little edge, i know hand grenades are annoying as hell in halo / CoD, but thats to give new players a chance of some kills, and that makes them wanna keep trying, like a appetizer, speed to have a chance at lights, and ofc some weapon for long range, so its not all splatcat / ac20s focused.. my vote will be useless, but i guess the dragon / cata that ppl seem to pick, are "ok"

edit: forgot to mention, streak is a good idea to present them to missiles, and they are good vs lights, although lasers are good with range and lights as well for the new peeps..

Edited by Psychobunny, 23 March 2013 - 03:24 PM.

#142 Stickasylum

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

Yeah, I honestly think that the standard Gaussapult build is probably the most new-player friendly heavy build for exactly that reason. It has the range and damage to contribute in both the long and short range, and the maneuvability to stick with the pack (on top of complete heat stability). Unfortunately, it didn't make the cut. It's still a great first mech for new players interested in heavies.

#143 Selfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationFlorida.

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

Wow! I'm pretty honored to be on here. The 4X is one of the few mechs I have in my hangar that I always love to pilot. I'm glad to see so many are enjoying it, too!

#144 Michael Costanza

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 258 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

The 4X still gets my vote since it isn't too expensive for a new player to afford.

Maybe they should announce two winners...

#145 Utilyan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

I voted for what PAUL INOUYE says the DARTH mech.

I heard Paul has a urbanmech so you know he's one bad mf. :)

I saw pics its like one of those old school gangster urbanmechs too.

If you voted for something else you should delete it and vote for what Paul says.

Do it for urbie!

Posted Image

#146 Phorashi

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 34 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

View PostMichael Costanza, on 23 March 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

The 4X still gets my vote since it isn't too expensive for a new player to afford.

I wouldn't mind sharing the month with the Cataphract build, It's not like the winners get anything but a warm fuzzy feeling anyhow (at least I don't think we get anything material.).

#147 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

View PostUtilyan, on 23 March 2013 - 05:10 PM, said:

Posted Image

Sasquatches drive Urbies.

#148 MuonNeutrino

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

View PostMichael Costanza, on 23 March 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

Definitely. The two builds are both great, and they're absolutely neck and neck for votes. A gap of less than 10 out of over 800 cast for one or the other? A completely meaningless difference. Whichever one wins should be April's trial heavy, and then the other one should should be used for May. They'd certainly both be *miles* better than any of the previous holders of that position.

Edited by MuonNeutrino, 23 March 2013 - 09:07 PM.

#149 M0rpHeu5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 956 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

I voted the 4x couse a newbie should get a mech with standar engine(check), low heat(check) and zombie(check). also it'll never lose all it's weapons in a cpmponent destraction

#150 Verenus

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:18 AM

I didn't really know what to do with my CTF-4x after the 4x AC5 fun wore off so its been gathering dust in the mechbay for a long time. I just tried out my own variant of the Selfish and massively enjoyed it, thanks so much!

#151 kilgor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 346 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:38 AM

I do like the CTF-4X the best, the lack of C.A.S.E. with ammo in the arms could be a concern. It might have been better to lose a ton of ammo and put C.A.S.E. in a side torso and put the rest of the ammo there.

#152 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:59 AM

I like the Yami Keros because I have the Founder's Catapult C1 and think it is still a useful chassis. I don't have any other heavy, preferring mediums, specifically the Hunchback and Centurion.

#153 Ken Fury

• 1,016 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:36 AM

Well if you are undecided I've wrote a lot of badly chosen :words: here: http://themittani.co...te#.UU8WCFdXout

If you disagree that's okay, just post in the comments or on reddit.

#154 Dirus Nigh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:33 AM

Voting for Omigir because it's a marauder.

It has good med range fire power, a nice punch with the AC10, and will allow a player to learn how to manage heat.

#155 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:42 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 21 March 2013 - 02:50 PM, said:

CPLT-K2 – Thad Jantzi: “I chose DoctorVishnevski's CPLT-K2. It has an XL-280 which gives it enough mobility to navigate the maps capably, while still leaving room for powerful weapons. It has four medium lasers so it can pack a powerful punch at short and medium ranges, as well as twin AC-5s for taking potshots at distance. There are enough heat sinks to deploy the weapons frequently, and enough variety between energy and ballistics to easily handle what heat does get generated."

Link goes to right page but not right post, I got confused at first and thought it meant the Cataphract build at the page top.
Correct link to relevant post is:
http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2055803

#156 Trev Firestorm

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

That 3D is almost identical to the one I run, med and large lasers are located in opposite spots though.

#157 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

I'm not here to hate or rain on anyone's parade, but... can someone explain to me why Selfish's 4X build is so good? I like the weapon loadout (not sure why people want to remove the SRM4, they're great), but... if that thing loses an arm, then there's a potential ammo explosion taking out a side torso. If it loses a leg, it's the same thing.

Basically, you're swapping the XL engine for a STD engine for increased survivability, you're equipped for a brawl, and you just have to hope to God no one shoots at anything except center torso.

Please enlighten me.

#158 Ken Fury

• 1,016 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 24 March 2013 - 02:36 PM, said:

I'm not here to hate or rain on anyone's parade, but... can someone explain to me why Selfish's 4X build is so good? I like the weapon loadout (not sure why people want to remove the SRM4, they're great), but... if that thing loses an arm, then there's a potential ammo explosion taking out a side torso. If it loses a leg, it's the same thing.

Basically, you're swapping the XL engine for a STD engine for increased survivability, you're equipped for a brawl, and you just have to hope to God no one shoots at anything except center torso.

Please enlighten me.

It's rare for the Arms of a phract to receive critical hits, usually the side torsos give way before that. Still the Dragon-5N is the better option as Trial Mech.

#159 Phorashi

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 34 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:22 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 24 March 2013 - 02:36 PM, said:

Please enlighten me.

Comedy option: Because it isn't a dragon.

:page9snypa:

Edited by Phorashi, 24 March 2013 - 03:22 PM.

#160 Pupecki

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

my vote is for the 4x

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users