Improved Statistics

Misc

232 replies to this topic

#161 SjurWarEagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:18 AM

Hi,

this release contains 3 main points, for one a graphic interface for configuration, second a changed multifunction display and changed detection of checkpoints.

Checkpoints
There are many problems since UI 2.0 with mechcollect's detection for automatically update.
I'm very sorry for this, this release should be a huge improvement on this fight.
The release adds the ability to switch off the translation of coordinates based on my resolution, so you don't get calculated coordinates not matching your screen. But on order to do so, you have to do 2 things. One is turning off the translation of coordinates in the config.properties (see next topic) and you have to provide coordinates of your resolution.
It's a pain in the **** to get these coordinates right, so I provide a tool integrated in the new config UI (next topic) where you can create the correct entries.
The interface looks like this:
Posted Image

all you have to do is load a screenshot into this tool (you can use the takescreenshot.cmd provided) and click at the points you want to use as check-points. In the lower part of the window is a textarea where the new checkpoint-string is generated.
When you are done, take this string and paste it in the corresponding textfield in the config.

The second change for improving the detection if checkpoints is some kind of scatter. I'm not only looking at the exact coordinate, but also the points surrounding it.
So if the point 10,10 should be used, the tool looks also at (9,9),(10,9),(11,9),(9,10),(10,10),(11,10),(9,11),(10,11),(11,11) this also should improve the detection for calculated coordinates.
A mockup:
O O O O O
O + + + O
O + X + O
O + + + O
O O O O O

I'm aware this softens the detection and could lead to misreadings, but there should be enough checkpoints per image to be on the save side. The side who has cookies ;)

Config GUI
This release finaly contains a graphically config-tool
Posted Image

you can launch it by using the config.cmd, you must restart mechcollect afterwards (or not start it in the first place).

Multifunction Display
The displays on the upper left and right are changed.
You now have the ability to select more than one entry in the battlelog.
After selecting these, they give you a "short detail-view" of your data, you can use the buttons left and right to change the data displayed.

Posted Image
Explanation:
The top left switches between ‘Mech and Map, the top right button between Weapons / Ammunition.
On both sides the middle button displays the next dataset (e.g. the next mech or the next map).
Both sides finish with a switch for automatically cycle between all data, so you don't need to click.
So no more need to go through every graph in order to get the average accuracy for one evening :(

Ok, this should be all for this release, there are some minor and major bugfixes mostly related to the infographics.
I'd like to thank AJ Frost for his work with the new multifunction display :-D

A huge pile of thanks also to p4r4g0n for his endurance with testing and finding the stranges bugs... :blink:

If you have any problems with mechcollect feel free to post here or drop me a private message.

And this is the new version:
http://sourceforge.n...94.zip/download

Your

WarEagle

#162 Fenris

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:41 PM

Hi WarEagle,

I have a very basic question. What am I supposed to click to start the program? None of the file does anything useful. When I click on "MechCollect" I get the folder "Logs" at least but nothing else happens.

Maybe I am missing something obvious?

#163 SjurWarEagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:02 PM

The download is a zip-archive, you should extract it, then there is a start.cmd in the package.
If you click it and only a small black window opens and closes quickly, please add "PAUSE" as a seperate line in this file (you can edit it with any texteditor) if should give you some message of what's going wrong.

#164 erikpurne

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:43 PM

You're the man, WarEagle.

#165 Zeddecius Ward

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:05 AM

Hey WarEagle,
just found this thread while surfing through the Forum. I cant't wait to use your tool. Will try it today!

Thanks for investing so much effort into a real cool idea!

#166 SjurWarEagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:40 AM

Welcome :D Feel free to post your honest opinion afterwards.

#167 Fenris

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:45 AM

Hi WarEagle,

ok, I added the PAUSE line and it says that the "java" command was not found. Sorry to sound like a noob but what do I need to download? I did read the "manual" ;-)

Edited by Fenris, 27 February 2014 - 11:46 AM.

#168 SjurWarEagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:54 AM

Hi,

try to add this to your start.cmd, right in the first 2 lines;

set JAVA_HOME=C:\Whereever\Your\Java\Is\Installed
set PATH=%PATH%;%JAVA_HOME%\bin

and try again.
The first line will set the environment-variable java-home and in the second line it will use this variable to extend the search-directories.
After this your java should be found, if you ever installed one, if not, yes you have to download the JRE (Java Runtime Environment) at least Release 7 Update 51.

And regarding the manual... well I call it an accident it was released, just ignore it.

#169 Speedy Pinky

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:00 AM

Thanks for the cool program.

I have a problem with the resolution but i have 16:10 (1680 x 1050)
Now I can make my own point, but what the program will have in what order?
Can you make some screenshots and mark the point who the proram will have.

Start MWO not without you program (now i must manuell press update)

#170 SjurWarEagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:37 AM

Hi Pinky,

the program looks at these points:
1. menue-checkpoint
2. match-checkpoint
3. (if enabled) ready-checkpoint
4. (if enabled) end-of-match win & lost-checkpoint
5. back to 1.

I took the following points for my checkpoints:
1. the upper menu and the black corners
2. the font on the middle and some parts of the border
3. the upper right button and the 2 flags
4. the two flags and the yellow fonts

what points you are taking is absolutly to you, but I recomment keeping in mind the following tips:
1. don't take backgrounds where the map-color can change (loading-sreen for example)
2. don't take coordinates where the mouse is relevant, this points to menue-buttons, they change the color when the mouse is over them
3. stay about 5 pixels I haven't tested if mechcollect has problems when it checks the additional points from the last release :/
4. take about 3-5 points for every screenshot

#171 Speedy Pinky

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:47 PM

Doesnt work ... and i dont know why ;)
He make nothing ... game is in Full Window Mode ...
Can you make a Hotkey to make it manuell (Screenshot and update) when its there ...
without search the program and press the button.
How i can test if the routine that search work?

#172 SjurWarEagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 02:39 AM

One of your buttons is already there, just press the image in the center (the raven) and it will update.
The other button ist already planned for the next version (or the one after this).

You can test what points he doesn't find by running the take_screenshot.cmd delivered in the scripts directory. Please look a little bit above in this thread there you can find a detailed description.

#173 vetal l

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 583 posts
  • LocationVRGD

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:05 AM

View PostSjurWarEagle, on 28 February 2014 - 10:37 AM, said:

1. menue-checkpoint
2. match-checkpoint
3. (if enabled) ready-checkpoint
4. (if enabled) end-of-match win & lost-checkpoint

Would you please explain it a little?

Which one menu do you mean?
Same question about match. And about last - win & lost?

#174 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:53 AM

1. Menu checkpoint = Mechbay where you press the "Play Now" button to start
2. Match checkpoint = After the rotating connecting circle, the screen that shows you the match mode and map that you will be playing
3. Ready checkpoint = After you drop into the match where you have to click the "Ready" button
4. End of Match Win / Loss checkpoint = The result screen which is displayed at the end of the match with the "Exit" button at the bottom right. You need to have 1 for when you win and 1 for when you lose.

Edited by p4r4g0n, 01 March 2014 - 06:54 AM.

#175 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:58 PM

Hey Sjur, I went into High scores and my Grid Iron Stats have a black bar (black background on black text). Anyway to change that manually?

#176 vetal l

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 583 posts
  • LocationVRGD

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:51 PM

View Postp4r4g0n, on 01 March 2014 - 06:53 AM, said:

1. Menu checkpoint = Mechbay where you press the "Play Now" button to start 2. Match checkpoint = After the rotating connecting circle, the screen that shows you the match mode and map that you will be playing 3. Ready checkpoint = After you drop into the match where you have to click the "Ready" button 4. End of Match Win / Loss checkpoint = The result screen which is displayed at the end of the match with the "Exit" button at the bottom right. You need to have 1 for when you win and 1 for when you lose.

doesn't work...i can see screen flickers when it tries to press ready (probably) or take screenshot, but do not prevail.

#177 SjurWarEagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:57 AM

View PostJman5, on 01 March 2014 - 06:58 PM, said:

Hey Sjur, I went into High scores and my Grid Iron Stats have a black bar (black background on black text). Anyway to change that manually?

You can go to your colors_custom.properties and change the color for the grid iron

View Postvetal l, on 01 March 2014 - 10:51 PM, said:

doesn't work...i can see screen flickers when it tries to press ready (probably) or take screenshot, but do not prevail.

Hmm there are two things popped up since the release.
1. The values coordinatesFinishScreencapture (used to move the mouse after screenshotting in the final screen), coordinates2ndPage (used for clicking the 2. tab in the end of match screen) and coordinatesReadyButton (used to click the ready button) are missing from the gui-config, you would have to set them by hand by editing the config.properties
2. It looks like mechcollect needs admin priviledges in order to move the mouse, you could (if the point above doesn't help) try to run it as admin

#178 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:28 AM

View PostSjurWarEagle, on 02 March 2014 - 01:57 AM, said:

-snip-
2. It looks like mechcollect needs admin priviledges in order to move the mouse, you could (if the point above doesn't help) try to run it as admin

Assuming you have all the coordinates right and the application still doesn't autoclick, then what SJurWarEagle said about admin priviliges is correct. However, Windows 7 does not allow .cmd files to be run as administrator or at least I found it impossible for me to do so without lowering the overall level of security for my computer.

To get around this, just look for a bat to exe converter and convert the start.cmd file into a start.exe file. Then right click on it and choose to run it as administrator.

#179 SjurWarEagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:17 PM

Damn, 2 Additions to the latest version.
1. I have some false-positives when running the game. Today I had more than once the situation mechcollect detected a menu-mode during the fight. If you have the same problem, please add an additional checkpont to the menu-mode-points, I'll add one in the next release, too.
2. There is a stupid bug. All coordinates generated by the editor are wrong, it generates the coordinates like this:
X,Y(COLOR);
the "," between Y and ( is missing. Please add these:
X,Y,(COLOR);

#180 vetal l

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 583 posts
  • LocationVRGD

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:26 PM

View PostSjurWarEagle, on 02 March 2014 - 01:57 AM, said:

You can go to your colors_custom.properties and change the color for the grid iron Hmm there are two things popped up since the release. 1. The values coordinatesFinishScreencapture (used to move the mouse after screenshotting in the final screen), coordinates2ndPage (used for clicking the 2. tab in the end of match screen) and coordinatesReadyButton (used to click the ready button) are missing from the gui-config, you would have to set them by hand by editing the config.properties 2. It looks like mechcollect needs admin priviledges in order to move the mouse, you could (if the point above doesn't help) try to run it as admin

added button coords, run as admin (win7) - still no auto fetch, no screenshots, no ready button =(
i am doing something wrong.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users