Performance & Connectivity Feedback

363 replies to this topic

#161 Astaroth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

• Performance has become inconsistent for me since the last patch. It alternates between "just fine" and "terribad." The lag warping is insane at times.
  • The worst perfomance issues occur when in large furball battles, espcially near capture points / bases. It is consistently bad at those locations.
  • I run 1920 x 1080. Have not changed my video settings since July.
  • Average menu FPS is 60 both before and after patch. Average game FPS is about 58. Occasionally dips into the low 40's. This did not change after the patch.
  • Internet speed is supposedly 20/5 Mbit, located in Colorado. This is where things get interesting. Before the patch my typical ping was 100 - 120. Post-patch, it's still in that range for the most part, but when combat starts it will spike as high as 2000+. This did not happen before.
Spoiler

Edited by Astaroth, 03 April 2013 - 07:13 PM.

#162 OneEzKill

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationAurora, CO

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

Wow! the worse the game has ever been to me.

Rubber-banding and teleporting. seriously. Frozen City I was at the nose of the dropship shooting **** doing no damage for some reason. then BOOM I am humping the wall in the trench. HOW THE HELL DID I GET THERE? take at least 20 seconds to run back. just to do it again a minute later.

Weapon delay too! I went to alpha strike with some PPC. PPC didn't fire. I ran away. like wtf. doesn't even show I fired. went to circle for a diffferent position. shot wall as I came up to it. seriously that is some wicked stupid delay.

60fps at my lowest averaging around 96fps while this is happening. went and did a speedtest and I got 25Mbps down / 4.5Mbps Up.

ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
Intel i5-3570k
EVGA Nvidia 560 Ti 1gb
Corsair Vengeance 16gb
Samsung 840 Pro SSD 120gb (MWO installed on)
Seagate Barracuda 1tb

not on wifi, wired in.

#163 Ha Gau

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

My frame rate and ping are fine, but I can't play. I walk around the map on my screen fine. I shoot at other people, but hits do not register and no one shoot at me, as if I'm not there.

I was walking in the middle of one map and I was told I was out of bounds and died. targeting turning on visions can take up to a minute to activate.

But from my perspective I walk around fine, and other player seem to be moving and shooting at each other like normal.

#164 Grimlin

Rookie

• The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 4 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:36 PM

Ping is fine. Unplayable due to rubberbanding. At times fellow mates said I was in one part of the map where as in my screen it showed I was trying to cap pts, but failed to. I guess you could call it ghosting. Since my physical mech was at base, but for me, my screen showed me capping pts, even on the minimap. I will check periodically for patch update. I can't play in the current patch.

#165 tayhimself

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 334 posts
  • LocationAn island

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

Crazy rubberbanding as well. All over the place shots don't fire I go over the same location again and again and again.
50-90 ping usually (east coast) and AMD Phenom II & 6870. Never had these problems with any previous patch.

#166 ThinkTank

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 396 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:08 PM

• I updated drivers before patching. I got bad fps and did a fresh re-install. I rolled the driver back to the previous version and it didn't change anything.

• How had the patch generally affected your performance?
FPS has dropped to closed beta levels, 8-15 fps on all maps. One game froze at the end, no results screen, then CTD. I have CTD'd after a couple of other games, no freezes.
  • Whether there are specific points in the game when your performance changes.
from beginning of the match to the end of the match.
  • What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch?
everything is on low or off, no change. its the only way I can play at a decent fps. lowest resolution also. My pc should be able to do much better than this.
  • Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch (Press F9 to see your FPS0
I was getting 20-25 on all maps except tourmaline, which was around 30
  • System specs (You can include them in a [spoiler] [spoiler]])
AMD FX 6100 six core processor

AMD Radeon 7450
10 GB RAM
windows 7, 64 bit
  • Your advertised internet connection speed / Geographic location
just tested at 30mbps download/ Lubbock, TX[spoiler]

FPS has dropped to closed beta levels, 8-15 fps on all maps. One game froze at the end, no results screen, then CTD. I have CTD'd after a couple of other games, no freezes.
from beginning of the match to the end of the match.
everything is on low or off
  • Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch (Press F9 to see your FPS0
I was getting 20-25 on all maps except tourmaline, which was around 30
  • System specs (You can include them in a [spoiler] [spoiler]])
]AMD FX 6100 six core processor

AMD Radeon 7450
10 GB RAM
windows 7, 64 bit
just tested at 30mbps download/ Lubbock, TX

Edited by ThinkTank, 03 April 2013 - 08:18 PM.

#167 Pastor Priest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:26 PM

Pre patch FPS was mid 20s to low 30s. I am now getting games in the 8-12 fps range. Absolutely unplayable.

#168 Bad Andy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:23 PM

Went from 65-80 FPS on Tourmaline desert and alpine to 40-50 and 50-60 on other maps to 35-45, using low-medium settings (configured by GeForce Experience)

i5 2600k
8GB DDR3
GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Win 7 64 ultimate
running on native 1980x1080
100mb up/10 down (Taiwan) average ping 220-280

Edited by Bad Andy, 03 April 2013 - 09:25 PM.

#169 icy22

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:26 PM

FPS has decreased by 10-15 fps, ping went from averaging a 52 to being between 119 and 170, but would go back to around 70. rubber-banding like crazy, the last couple of matches textures didn't load, zoom, heat vision, night vision, battler grid keys didn't work or were delayed, any weapons other than lasers didn't fire.

#170 ChuckChunder

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:19 PM

I've always had a very stable experience in this game so far, but last night it handed me my arse. I had the Kaleidoscopic effect, found a temp workaround during match ALT+ENTER fixed it for a few mins then it hit again and went back to full screen which fixed it for the rest of the match and I updated Nvidia drivers from 3.6 to 3.14. Then I had one match of 2-4 FPS for the first few mins till something poked its head out of the cave and shot me, then it fixed itself. Had no minimap issue or there was minimap but the view cone didn't rotate with my torso. But the main issue during my 3 hours or so of play was getting into the game at the start of it. I would have the final black screen before the team screens for extended periods and at times I joined when the score was 4-3 and someone was capping our base. Once the capper just exploded in front of me, I may have shot him trying to get in game lol. As I was looking around to try figure out if that was a friend or foe two more enemy mechs walked right past me and O.B like they had disconnected. I think a lot of people may be having this issue and just bailing. As when I have seen the team screen before power up, some on my team have no mech listed next to there name, and they DC a short time after that. So in order for me to play MWO atm requires a client restart between matches, and that's no guarantee but it does seem to help with the "entering" speed.

Edited by ChuckChunder, 03 April 2013 - 10:20 PM.

#171 Seawolf

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:19 PM

I have a crappy ATI 4360 card so I know I screwed but FPS went from 10-12 to 3-4 with current patch. Runing min settings, Vista 64 bit i7 core with 6 GB ram

#172 Brink Contro

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 19 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:44 PM

Yep, major drop in FPS since patch. was getting 40-60 depending on map. now get 15-25. haven't notice dif in ping but i'm in AU so is always an issue anyway.

Intel i7 3610QM 2.30g
8gb ram
GT650T (Up-to-date drivers)

#173 Lynx7725

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:03 AM

View PostNiko Snow, on 01 April 2013 - 05:32 PM, said:

High Ping? Low Frames? Tell us about it here! Please attempt to respond to the following questions in your responses:
  • Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch (Press F9 to see your FPS)
  • System specs (You can include them in a [spoiler] [ /spoiler])

Don't have all the answers since I didn't take notes... But what I can say:

The blackscreen problem is now less noticable. However, there is odd lag spikes that is particularly bad.

Specific points is when someone tries to shoot someone else. Things slow down. Seems to be the system is trying to calculate or communicate big chunks of information about the shooting. Since this is when most of the important work gets done, it is especially bad and noticable.

I changed my video setting to Low just before the server patch.

No records of FPS so can't give you hard numbers. But when the lag hits it's slow enough for a Stalker to warp from one side of the crosshair to the other... at 20m. Currently Mechlab is at 50ish FPS

System spec is Intel Core i7 2.4Ghz, 12Gb RAM, Nvidia Geforce GT 650M. Windows 8

Network is Fibre, with Wireless as the last leg. That sometimes impact. Locale is Singapore.

EDIT: Just did a River match, here are some numbers.

Average in game is around 25 FPS. Every time intense action happens (i.e., close brawling), drops to red, or sub 10 FPS.

Edited by Lynx7725, 04 April 2013 - 12:15 AM.

#174 JollyRogerCRO

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:20 AM

seems like fps drop is a non-issue for igp:
http://mwomercs.com/...-issues-update/

frame rate drop no where to be found in official statement, so thousands of players not being able to play anymore seems to be a trivial issue...

best thing is, mwll looks beter, works smoothly on high settings on my hardware, only difference is that it is using an engine optimised for PC, not cryshit 3 optimised for consoles

Edited by JollyRogerCRO, 04 April 2013 - 12:41 AM.

#175 Evilwallofdeath

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:49 AM

In the single match I managed to get into without the game crashing...the game seems to have performed well. I was running a stock awesome and had no trouble hitting people with PPCs.

Edited by Evilwallofdeath, 04 April 2013 - 12:49 AM.

#176 fiStfiRE

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:45 AM

Ping no change. Framerate still at 60FPS. Huge lag, Rubber banding and teleport, unplayable. Since Patch I notice blocked Transit packets in my Firewall, im mostly sure it's pure rubbisch.

Specs:
Intel Core i7-2700K@4200MHz
16GB RAM@1600MHz
Windows 8 Pro Media Center 64Bit
Nvidia GTX550Ti 1GB Driver: 314.07 DirectX11
HDD/SSD Intel Smart Response

Low settings in MWO, Texturing and Object Detail on high.

Edit: The good thing is, it's not every Time!

Edited by fiStfiRE, 04 April 2013 - 02:34 AM.

#177 Fides

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:57 AM

• How had the patch generally affected your performance? - Performance has definitely decreased, am seeing increased ping, FPS drops in places and there is actually a pause sometimes where I lag, shock.
  • What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch? Updated drivers to 9.18.13.1422
  • Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch - FPS used to be a constant 60 FPS, now it sometimes hits yellow and red spots where the FPS drops next to the cave in Forest colony to 30 FPS, and even 10 FPS when red.
  • Your advertised internet connection speed / Geographic location - My advertised internet connection is 100 mbits, I have repeatedly speed tested it with several different testing programs and it runs at approx 60 mbits, it is a fibre optic cable connection. My ping has always been a constant 101/102 up until the last two patches, it was then hitting 124 in the previous patch and now has reached 163 at which point I have noticed convergent issues when firing ER PPCS, when the ping drops I hit the target more consistently. I live in Cambridgeshire.
  • System specs (You can include them in a [spoiler] [ /spoiler]) I7, 8 GB RAM win 7, Nvidia Geforce 580 GTX

Edited by Fides, 04 April 2013 - 04:58 AM.

#178 Galenit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:01 AM

Changed nothing on system or controls.

Prepatch was around 25 on most maps. FPS dropped to around 11 on caustic and frozen city day and river city night, prepatch it was around 20.

Nightvision/Thermal drops fps around 5 more then the old version.
Ping is still around 130, nothing changed.

Vcard is ATI Radeon HD 5500
Prozessor AMD Phenom II X4 965
8-GB Ram

Edited by Galenit, 04 April 2013 - 05:08 AM.

#179 Nightfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 226 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:02 AM

No changes since prior to the patch, ping remains ~300ms, Western Australia.
Rubber banding and teleporting are once again very pronounced (this was eliminated a while back).
Makes it nigh impossible to not run into walls, etc. Worst situations were when I would be teleported out of cover, then shot and took the damage with no opportunity to return fire, then teleported back under cover and kept the damage.

Game is unplayable.

Edited by Nightfire, 04 April 2013 - 05:03 AM.

#180 Kreosus

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:17 AM

Frame rate is 45-60 ping is 30-40

My issues are as follows:

Mech jumps around map without input
thermal and night vision turn off by itself
unable to target mechs
very laggy

19 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users