Performance & Connectivity Feedback

363 replies to this topic

#281 Vajazzeler

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:02 AM

• How had the patch generally affected your performance?
Unplayable due to crazy rubberbanding, bit irritated just spent money. Rarely crashes though. Interestingly, it is fine when I am watching as a spectator smooth, which leads me to think this is some kind of an upload not download problem.
  • Whether there are specific points in the game when your performance changes
All the time, pretty much.
  • What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch?
Same
  • Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch (Press F9 to see your FPS)
Dont know, but graphics are fine in training grouns and smooth, apart from rubberbanding. Its not a graphics problem.
  • System specs (You can include them in a [spoiler] [ /spoiler])
i5, 480 gtx. 8 gig ram.
  • Your advertised internet connection speed / Geographic location
I'm in the UK, everythign was fine before the patch. just did a speedtest to michigan 135 ms ping. 10mb upload speed, 0.48mb upload.

Edited by Vajazzeler, 07 April 2013 - 09:10 AM.

#282 Vloth

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

Ever since the patch that came out earilier in the week (and not fixed with this most recent patch on Saturday), every time I launch a mech into battle it either kicks me out back to the mech lab as before the map loads up at the start (with my mech still "in game"), or it starts to load up the game, and suddenly the latency gets so bad that the game client kicks me out and "ends the session". So far I have been unable to play a single match since last Tuesday. I've made about 20 attempts.

I'm running Windows Vista 64 with an intel dual core, 2.8 ghz, with 6GB DDR3 RAM, and an NVIDIA Ti550 graphics card with the latest drivers (updated after the first issues on Tuesday). Installing the latest drivers didn't help.

#283 Dagger6T6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,362 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationcockpit

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

I've been experiencing some rubber banding and teleporting.

my brother and I both run on a shared cable connection... he across wifi, myself using router connection.

sometimes he will experience issues, sometimes I will... sometimes it happens when only one of us is playing. It doesn't seem to have any correlation to ping or an ISP issue that I can deduce. This issue only occurred after the latest patch, up until then we have been running pretty much flawlessly.

our connection is a 20mb/2mb Time Warner cable

#284 Mr Andersson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 217 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

Developers, please set the game back to before the april patch until you have solved this problem.

#285 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

View PostLynx7725, on 07 April 2013 - 05:22 AM, said:

GARGH! Rubberbanding is so terrible that I can warp from one side of the target to the other! Aiming is optional!

I agree. today pings from 10-50ms, Im rubberbanding like im on a 14.4 connection, and having to lead targets even to get hitsd. firing guns takes 1-2 seconds to trigger, mechs position constantly resetting. specatators able to see this as well.

first time ever the game is actually not playable due to lag.

this seems worse during peak times, today at 6pm was really bad, this morning at 4am it was better.

#286 Calon Farstar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 189 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAt Sea

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

View PostArmageddonKnight, on 02 April 2013 - 12:01 PM, said:

Havnt had a chance to test performance yet, but will get to that.

however..

Ping is roughly the same but im rubber banding and lagging like crazy now. Pritty much unplayable half the time i end up teleported no where near where i was.

nothign other than the patch changed my end.

Specs:
Intel i7 3930k 4.6ghz OC
Asus P9x79 Pro mothebroard
16gb G.Skill 1866mhz CL9 RAM
Gigabyte 560ti SOC950 edition
128gb Corsair Performance Pro SSD
2x 10k RPM 500gb HDD Raid0
Corsair TX750M PSU

I am having the exact same issue. I reinstalled my video drivers, direct x and the game. Still same issue.

Game is nearly unplayable. PLEASE FIX!

Machine Specs:

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
System RAM: 16329 MB
CPU Name: AMD FX™-8120 Eight-Core Processor
CPU Speeds: 3888
Physical CPUs: 1
Virtual CPUs: 8
Video Card Description: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series
VRAM: 1024 MB
Primary Display Resolution: 1920x1080
Multi-Monitor Desktop Resolution: 1920x1080
Microphone: True
Language: English (United States)
Free Hard Drive Space: 806873 MB
Total Hard Drive Space: 953866 MB

#287 BINDLETORC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 163 posts
  • Locationhaliburton, ON. CANADA

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

yesterday i installed latest hd3000/2000 drivers for the intel i7 chipset (came out 03/21/2013 on the intel website....google it). i also changed my "low level hardware access interface" to kernel mode in my overclock utility (MSI afterburner 3.0.0.0 beta 9).

I was ready to throw out the game due to rubberbanding and FPS drops. after doing the above, no more rubberbanding at all and fps is back to normal. not sure which or both or niether had anything to do with it. worked for me though.

as for other HUD, polygons and a variety of fresh issues, didn't help. but rubberbanding is done.

#288 Metafox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 360 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

I've had significant rubber banding since the new patch. There's been no significant change in my ping or framerate. The rubber banding persists through the entire match. The frequency of rubber banding varies through the match from 10-20 seconds between teleports to as little as 3-4 seconds between teleports.

The rubber banding seems to occur for certain periods of time. Sometimes every match has big rubber banding issues and sometimes no matches have issues.

System Specs:
Spoiler

Connection:
Spoiler

Edited by Metafox, 07 April 2013 - 10:44 PM.

#289 No7

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

-How had the patch generally affected your performance?

I warp around now which I have never done before. Even in heavies.

Generally lower FPS.

-Whether there are specific points in the game when your performance changes.

The warping is more common in the beginning of the match.

-What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch?

I use low graphic settings.

-Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch

About 120 before patch. Lower now. But I have to cap it at 50 to make the game stable.
Otherwise, if i have 55 or higher, the game will freeze randomly while in game.

-System specs

Intel i7, win7 64bit, geforce 590, 16gb ram, running at 1920*1200.

-Your advertised internet connection speed / Geographic location

fibre connection, 40mbit up and 40mbit down. Europe.

Edited by No7, 07 April 2013 - 10:07 PM.

#290 Lucky Noob

• The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:15 PM

Hell, even in mechlab when i switch Mechs FPS drops from 60 to red Numbers.

#291 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:28 AM

View PostBraddack, on 07 April 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

Hell, even in mechlab when i switch Mechs FPS drops from 60 to red Numbers.

this is a 6 month old issue. I still see this even on a quad core, FPS plummet from 60 to 25 when switching mech chassis in mechlab.

#292 Ralatar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:18 AM

Don't know if this will help but for me I've noticed that all is well until around 11pm-1am PST then the system rubberbands, doesn't register input commands (firing, targeting, vision modes) for up to 10 sec's (completely unplayable). This all disappears after PGI resets their servers at 10am PST. There is little to no ping change so it's not that, if it was my connection it should get better that time of night, not worst. Give that I work nights and sleep most of the day, when I can play is during the night when these issue arise for me. When I'm able to play after 10am through around midnight it's fine.

Edited by Ralatar, 08 April 2013 - 07:19 AM.

#293 Nonsequitur

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:30 AM

View PostRalatar, on 08 April 2013 - 07:18 AM, said:

Don't know if this will help but for me I've noticed that all is well until around 11pm-1am PST then the system rubberbands, doesn't register input commands (firing, targeting, vision modes) for up to 10 sec's (completely unplayable). This all disappears after PGI resets their servers at 10am PST. There is little to no ping change so it's not that, if it was my connection it should get better that time of night, not worst. Give that I work nights and sleep most of the day, when I can play is during the night when these issue arise for me. When I'm able to play after 10am through around midnight it's fine.

I've been noticing that too. I connect from Taiwan and latency is usually very stable between 200-230ms. After the April 2nd patch, my pings have been varying from 270 to 500ms during my play time which is about 3am to 6am (PST). When I play after 12pm (PST), my latency is magically back to normal. Something appears to be wrong with the server which accumulates and progressively gets worse until the server is reset.

#294 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

View PostNonsequitur, on 08 April 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

I've been noticing that too. I connect from Taiwan and latency is usually very stable between 200-230ms. After the April 2nd patch, my pings have been varying from 270 to 500ms during my play time which is about 3am to 6am (PST). When I play after 12pm (PST), my latency is magically back to normal. Something appears to be wrong with the server which accumulates and progressively gets worse until the server is reset.

Ive noticed my ping fluctuates from 10 ms to 64ms. i know its not huge with such good ping, but before this patch my ping never went above 30ms..ever. and i still rubberband and warp.

#295 GrizzlyViking

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:13 AM

FPS have dropped by about 10 and multiple mini-map bugs have recurred since the last patch. I estimate that there is some kind of mini-map issue occurring in every match for at least 1 player.

Also, some warping issues are occurring that were not present before. The warp that occurs usually reverts a Mech back in time about 1-2 seconds from its presently perceived position.

Edited by GrizzlyViking, 08 April 2013 - 11:15 AM.

#296 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

I too am seeing a ton of "rubber banding" or warp lag. Some times it is simple as 1 or 2 seconds and others 10 ore more.

Occasional building and wall texture blobing. Everything is just a solid grey.

Alot more freezing requiring CTR-ALT-DEL Task Manager and a game relauch.

System specs are still the same and I have the latest NVIDIA drivers (Bioshock)

#297 Nonsequitur

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

View PostGrizzlyViking, on 08 April 2013 - 11:13 AM, said:

FPS have dropped by about 10 and multiple mini-map bugs have recurred since the last patch. I estimate that there is some kind of mini-map issue occurring in every match for at least 1 player.

Also, some warping issues are occurring that were not present before. The warp that occurs usually reverts a Mech back in time about 1-2 seconds from its presently perceived position.

Funny thing is although I have the increased latency problem, I don't experience the rubberbanding but I do have the delayed weapons fire. Also, when I have the higher latency, I've noticed a noticeable decrease in the damage that I do.

#298 GrizzlyViking

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:56 PM

View PostNonsequitur, on 08 April 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

Funny thing is although I have the increased latency problem, I don't experience the rubberbanding but I do have the delayed weapons fire. Also, when I have the higher latency, I've noticed a noticeable decrease in the damage that I do.

I need to clarify a bit more...I am talking about the Mech I am piloting, not other's Mechs. I have noticed this more on Frozen City and Frozen city Night than other maps. I will be running on a map and then warp back to a previous position randomly during a match. I have a 30+ mbps connection and I did not have what I assume to be packet loss issues before the last patch.

#299 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

View PostNiko Snow, on 01 April 2013 - 05:32 PM, said:

High Ping? Low Frames? Tell us about it here!

Please attempt to respond to the following questions in your responses:
  • How had the patch generally affected your performance?
  • Whether there are specific points in the game when your performance changes.
  • What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch?
  • Average FPS ingame and in the menus for previous patch and latest patch (Press F9 to see your FPS)
  • System specs (You can include them in a [spoiler] [ /spoiler])
  • Your advertised internet connection speed / Geographic location

The patch has introduced unplayably bad "lag" spikes in my games.

There are no specific points, but roughly 1/3 games feature what feel like (but are not) extremely bad ping times - think in the 3000ms range.
My video settings are maxed, FPS is a solid 60.
I'm running a Phenom 2 X4 965BE@4ghz with a 2GB AMD 7850 (overclocked to be a 7870), with MWO installed to an SSD.
My advertised and actual network speed is 25mbps down (I double check this regularly, and have every time I've had issues here) and 5mbps up. I'm in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
My ping is roughly 60ms, even when having these "lag spikes".

Specific problem: I'll have a multi-second delay in seeing items I enter in chat. Other mechs move and fight as normal (they do NOT just continue walking in a straight line/stop) but I'll warp dramatically about. Just now, I finished a match where I warped sideways 4 full map sectors, while playing my Heavy Metal at less than 60kph. One moment I'm with my team, the next I'm standing in the middle of the enemy forces, alone. That's a hell of a warp.

When this happens, I check my ping, and it's always below 80ms. I double check my systems network activity and my routers network activity log - both are minimal, as I shut down other network services when gaming. I run speedtests - today, I was getting 22mbps down and 3.5mbps up, vastly beyond what MWO requires.

This has never happened to me before this patch. I changed nothing on my end.

This is making the game essentially unplayable for me.

#300 SnuggleBug

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Changing Diapers

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:33 PM

FPS is horrible. This is the first time since the advent of open beta that the game is unplayable. I know I am far from the fastest gpu out there but i was running at a steady 25fps. I am at 9 on drop with an instant fall to sub 4 when looking at a duo of enemy mechs. Rubberbanding only seems to occur on the first match after login. Please look into dumbing down the graphics even more as once this thing goes 12v12 i will no longer be able to play.

Intel i-7 Q720@1.60ghz
Nvidia gt 330m
4 gb ram
Windows 7

All up to date on drivers.

29 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 29 guests, 0 anonymous users