• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:07 AM

View PostTeam Leader, on 08 April 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

are you FREAKING kidding me?!
1) its not even good at getting crits anymore, an actual weapon will a take out the components faster
2) uh, yeah, thats kinda the point of the Machine Gun? Why is the ammo count so high anyway, just buff damage but greatly reduce the ammo I dont get how thats hard
3) The spider cant mount 6 MGs. And if you suck enough to let anything with 6 of anything get behind you, you DESERVE TO DIE
4) Why not?! Check the poll in my sig. Check your telemetry data. Who in their right mind likes machine guns the way that are now? Ballistic heavy mechs only mount them because they can. In the case of the cicada and spider, MGs are the only ballistic they can fit in their stupid hardpoints!

QFT

also

View PostYoungbull1980, on 12 April 2013 - 11:55 PM, said:

with the increase to 12v12 why will you not give us the option to have groups of 4, 6, 8 and 12. I play with a group that finds it hard to get 8 players on at times, and we normally have 4-6 people on which mean that we either have to try and sync drop (as ad 3+3 or 4+2) and 9/10 times end up against each other. You are alienating some of your player base. Why not do something similar to the 4man group.

4 mech - between 2-4 players
8 mech - between 5-8 players
12 mech - 12 players

This is one of the main reason we've had players leave as we can not play at the same time.

Edited by mwhighlander, 13 April 2013 - 04:08 AM.

#222 Critical Fumble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 810 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:58 AM

View PostVulkan, on 12 April 2013 - 12:18 PM, said:

3rd person won't do a single thing to make this game accessible. Mechwarrior by its nature is not accessible, that's why it's always been niche. What a waste of time.

Its more complicated than some games (*cough*console shooters*cough*). But compared to DotA and similar games? Pretty much straightforward. And I think we all know how many people play those games. There are obvious mistakes you can make in a build, there are tactics to learn, and the greener you are the more likely you are to lose track of your legs, but its not that bad.

My point in a nutshell - MW, and BT in general, is a beautifully simple system that makes itself look inaccessible through the use of spreadsheets. All you really need to turn a newbie into a decent player is a bit of training. Don't fool with third person, hire or consult with a certified kindergarten teacher to develop a simple, non-intimidating player education program. Then review if you actually need it or not.

#223 TedMuscular

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:49 AM

woot!

#224 IdolElite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 175 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA, Terra

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:46 PM

Regarding capping in assault games. Occasionally, the core experience of a match is lost because some light or fast mech sneaks by your team and caps your base as soon as they have chance. I'm talking within the first few minutes of a match before any action has happened. I understand base capping, it is a strategic choice sometimes however in it's current form it can be exploited and used to end a match before it really gets going. There are a couple of easy ways to fix this, as your questioner pointed out making caps function only after a certain number of mechs go down or as I would suggest a time limit, for instance you can't cap within the first 5 minutes of a match. I'll leave the details to you all though of course.

Edited by IdolElite, 14 April 2013 - 04:52 PM.

#225 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:06 AM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 08 April 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

KinLuu: What is the rationale for hiding the players elo?
A: It’s not a statistic that players need access to.

It isn't an answer you know. People who don't farm Elo won't start doing it if they can see it. People who farm Elo will farm Elo even if they can't see it.

Asaru: Will we be seeing the return soon of the ability to drop in premade groups of various sizes and have pugs fill out the remainder of the team like it was in closed beta? Or has there been a conscious decision to not bring this back at all?
A: This is conscious to help balance out matches. The max team size in a public match is 4 and we continue to improve the matchmaker to create a more balanced experience. When 12 v 12 rolls out, 8 player teams will be replaced by 12 player teams.

In other words if I want to play with friends I need at least 11 friends at the same time if we want to play together. You know what? Just **** ***. You keep saying its a team game and yet at the same time do everything to ruin game for organized groups and please solo-puggers. If your Elo system is so great and balances matches then why keeping group limits?

Herbstwind: Are we going to see critical hits to the engine/gyro (or even actuators) in the future?
And if so, could you elaborate on the effects ? (reduced heat capacity, reduced speed, falling down more easily or on hard impacts...)
A: Yes. No details to report yet.

Gauss Rifles, except that they have a 90% chance of exploding.

Its not a game of dice. Nor is it a TT game. There is absolutely no reason to make one weapon more likely to be destroyed then another weapon. It is impossible right now to kill a MG or a ML, same time its impossible not to kill a Gauss or an AC-20. Your game is too biased towards light mechs already, don't make it worse.

M0rpHeu5: Do you check the suggestions and the game balance topics?
A: Regularly. We tend to look for trends, rather than specific suggestions. When we see many threads about something being too powerful, we examine the root causes and implement a fix or tweak.

This just isn't true. Everyone is complaining about ECM for half a year. Yet you have no plans to change it. Its not stupid to make a mistake, its stupid to stick with your mistake.

Viper69: Why the 180 on the 3rd person view topic? You stated to us last year you were not going that route but decided to go there any way. Why the change and were you ultimately planning to do it anyway from the start and were not straight with us from jump street?
A: At the outset we had no intention to support 3rd Person. However as with all design choices, it became clear we were limiting our audience and needed to explore ways to retain the core experience, while making the game more accessible.

Any BattleTech / MechWarrior fan understands that 3rd person is gonna ruin this game. All you care about is getting money from kiddies who want a 3rd person robot shooter which they'll play for a couple weeks and never return to again.

#226 HRR Insanity

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 867 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

View PostKoniving, on 08 April 2013 - 02:09 PM, said:

Useless MGs.

Pelting this Atlas with MGs prevented it from knowing what I was concentrating my fire on. While my flamers blinded him. I ripped him apart and barely got a focused scratch, just random spatterings of damage spread around my front.
Spoiler

Oh yes. MGs are worthless. Poor guy was so confused with all of his body parts lighting up with up and down, side to side spatterings of MG fire he started to wonder if there were other threats around him aside from me in the Jager, and my camera Commando piloted by the great snapshotter Lordred.

A one-time anecdote about beating up on a new player does not make a weapon balanced.

MGs are terrible right now.

Edited by HRR Insanity, 15 April 2013 - 08:51 PM.

#227 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

View PostHRR Insanity, on 15 April 2013 - 08:51 PM, said:

A one-time anecdote about beating up on a new player does not make a weapon balanced.
MGs are terrible right now.

Go into testing grounds. Strip the armor off of the Atlas or any other mech. Fire into areas that have weapons. Watch weapons destroyed in 3 seconds or less without having to destroy the body parts. Once engine and actuator criticals are enabled, MGs will essentially be the most overpowered weapon there is. o.O;

#228 Krzysztof z Bagien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 710 posts
  • LocationUć, Poland

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

Go into testing grounds. Strip the armor off of the Atlas or any other mech using machine guns...

#229 ICEFANG13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:34 PM

Its been shown that without armor Small Lasers are better at destroying the part before MGs can strip the weapon.

#230 Deathz Jester

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:52 AM

My first nitpick would be

No knock-down until launch?

what the hell?, then I feel like I'm getting ripped off for the Highlander. Like 70% of the appeal for that mech was knock-down.

Edited by Iron Harlequin, 16 April 2013 - 01:52 AM.

#231 Vincinzerey

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:46 AM

Just as a quick notice.. the mechs in the testingground dont have full armor..
you just need some shots with the small laser to blow limbs off etc..

edit: for the Question part: Didnt found this on the board, but

are there plans to make a change in the heat managment, so excessive overheating (up to 150% etc) damage weapons, internal and or make the mech harder to control?

ask because right now there is no reason the avoid overheating when you dont press the avoid shutdown button.

Edited by Vincinzerey, 16 April 2013 - 04:00 AM.

#232 Omaha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 559 posts
  • LocationAnywhere

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:32 AM

Hey dev's is there plan to have a chance of core meltdown? This I'm almost positive was in at least every battletech/mechwarrior.

Seems to be in favor too!

#233 Multitallented

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 697 posts
  • Locationright behind you (figuratively)

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:56 PM

looking forward to ask the devs 36. I put a few questions in there and I hope that they get some answers ;)

#234 Karr285

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 445 posts
  • LocationAB, CAN

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

View PostTeam Leader, on 08 April 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

are you FREAKING kidding me?!
1) its not even good at getting crits anymore, an actual weapon will a take out the components faster
2) uh, yeah, thats kinda the point of the Machine Gun? Why is the ammo count so high anyway, just buff damage but greatly reduce the ammo I dont get how thats hard
3) The spider cant mount 6 MGs. And if you suck enough to let anything with 6 of anything get behind you, you DESERVE TO DIE
4) Why not?! Check the poll in my sig. Check your telemetry data. Who in their right mind likes machine guns the way that are now? Ballistic heavy mechs only mount them because they can. In the case of the cicada and spider, MGs are the only ballistic they can fit in their stupid hardpoints!

you know what id like to see, For 1 Month Devs MUST play nothing but mechs with at least 2 mechine guns equiped minimum. And after that you have to post your machine gun damage, accuracy and you KD for that month, then you can come back and say Machine guns are ok.

#235 LexxMerc

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationКрасноярск

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:37 PM

I have a question. Will the gifts to players in birthday? (18.04.86)
I could use a few extra seats in the hangar at STK-5M and STK-4N ;)
Regards Alex K.
//------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
У меня вопрос. Будут ли подарки игрокам в честь дня рождения? (18.04.86)
Мне бы пригодились несколько дополнительных мест в ангаре под STK-5M и STK-4N :P
С уважением Alex K.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users