33 replies to this topic

#1 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:37 AM

Welcome to the Spring Clean ‘Em Up Leaderboard Challenge!
To celebrate the arrival of Spring, we've decided that there is simply no better time to roll out a 7 day event that covers every weight class. You have to Opt In to take part and win the spoils, so ensure you are logged in to this website beforehand and then click HERE to Opt In. This is your chance to shine and win daily C-Bill prizes, Cockpit items and possibly reign supreme in the overall group prize per weight-class! At the end of the week we'll be giving out prizes and an extremely rare special variant of our famous Hula Girl cockpit item! (Don’t worry, she has promised not to bite!) To help you dominate the Inner Sphere and look damn good whilst doing it, we’re also offering a fantastic "30% off" sale across all Paints, Patterns and Cockpit items for the duration of the Leaderboard event. Check out MechLab today to see all the hot offers! Read on for more details:

This challenge is an Opt In, solo only challenge where we will take each players best five (5) matches in each weight class to determine daily group winners. The weight class group winner at the end of the event is determined by your 20 best performances over the entire tournament period. Opt In HERE once you are logged into the website.The formula can be viewed below.

Good luck MechWarrior, and start your spring cleaning today!

Start: Friday April 26th at 10 am PDT

End: Friday May 3rd at 10 am PDT

Each Phase Runs 24 hours - 10 AM PDT to 10 AM PDT

STRUCTURE
  • Best five (5) matches each day. 10am PST to 10am pst the next day.
  • PER weight class each day. Per weight class overall at the end of the week.
FORMULA
  • Kills*20 + Kill Assist*10 + (DamageDone – TeamDamage)/15 + Wins*20 + Loss*10 + Survive*20 + Dead*10
1st Tie-Breaker: Number of Matches Played (the Less the better)

EG: My best 5 matches out of 20 is better than your best 5 matches out of 50

2nd Tie-Breaker: Team Damage (Less is better of course)

EG: My 5 best matches with 100 team damage total is better than your Best 5 matches with 150 team damage total.

For more information, click here.

Please post your feedback here.

Good luck, MechWarriors!

Edited by miSs, 27 April 2013 - 08:49 PM.
feedback link

#2 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:47 AM

Could it be that the opt-in button doesn't work? Usually he vanished when it worked. Now I clicked it 3 times while logged in, still there.

by the way, the scoring formula looks interesting. But why do I gain points for dying? Should reduce points. Or not do anything, while surviving should give you points.

Edited by TexAss, 26 April 2013 - 09:21 AM.

#3 LaserAngel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 889 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:49 AM

Magician Leimrey in all fields.

#4 Viper69

• 4,204 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 08:49 AM

Can you have separate queues for people opting in? This is dumb that we not opting in are still opted in as participants in peoples grind for greatness.

#5 Clannerfodder

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 43 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

how do you know if you have opted in, all it does is take me to my profile page?

#6 Suzano

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

will not opt in, because this makes no sense.

Last time, people are getting 10k points (or more)... this means that this people where in premade-groups. its nearly impossible to get 10 matches with 1200 or more points without premades. And thats make this "opt-in Concept" so useless for stndard-public-players like me.

#7 Ozzy Stormlight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 144 posts
  • LocationStormlight's Castle.........if your in the know..

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:04 AM

View PostClannerfodder, on 26 April 2013 - 09:03 AM, said:

how do you know if you have opted in, all it does is take me to my profile page?

ya same here

#8 Tragos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 289 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:05 AM

Actually Suzano they weren't. With premade groups and "helping/exploiting" you would have seen numbers like 20.000-30.000.

#9 Anais Opal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 590 posts
  • LocationOutreach - Shopping of course!

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:06 AM

great, another tournament that laughs in the face of team play.

Put optee's into their own server queue plskthxbye.....

#10 DemonRaziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 646 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:06 AM

View PostTexAss, on 26 April 2013 - 08:47 AM, said:

Oh and the formula here in the thread looks different to the one on the opt-in site.
It's (DamageDone – TeamDamage)/15 here
but (DamageDone – TeamDamage) + 15 there

I assume the one here is the correct one. Like it! (except the death thing).

It's not a + but a ÷ (just a different simbol for division).

Also, could you guys please clarify the formula? What does TeamDamage mean, exactly? Is it the whole damage your team did in the round, or is it your friendly fire (i.e. damage you didi to your own team)? If the former, does your damage count towards the total TeamDamage in the formula?

#11 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:11 AM

View PostDemonRaziel, on 26 April 2013 - 09:06 AM, said:

It's not a + but a ÷ (just a different simbol for division).

Also, could you guys please clarify the formula? What does TeamDamage mean, exactly? Is it the whole damage your team did in the round, or is it your friendly fire (i.e. damage you didi to your own team)? If the former, does your damage count towards the total TeamDamage in the formula?

ah K thanks

concerning your question: I'm pretty sure its friendly fire although the other option would be at least an interesting approach (though not working here since you could end up at 0 pretty easily).

#12 ssm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:11 AM

View PostSuzano, on 26 April 2013 - 09:03 AM, said:

will not opt in, because this makes no sense.

Last time, people are getting 10k points (or more)... this means that this people where in premade-groups. its nearly impossible to get 10 matches with 1200 or more points without premades. And thats make this "opt-in Concept" so useless for stndard-public-players like me.

Of course it's possible, I don't run in premades and I've had two matches with over 1000 damage yesterday. If you count that during last tourney people deliberately avoided coring enemies instantly by targeting arms/side torsos* it's even easier.

*I didn't have anything against this practice, as long as it hadn't crippled my team.

#13 Ace Kaller

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 144 posts
  • LocationGettysburg, PA

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:12 AM

Is opting-in bugged? The button just takes me to my profile

#14 Chaphazar

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:17 AM

View PostAce Kaller, on 26 April 2013 - 09:12 AM, said:

Is opting-in bugged? The button just takes me to my profile

Same here

#15 James Montana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 295 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:18 AM

I like this one. As a father, with little time to spare, I really think this challenge will be great for people in similar shoes. I'm not to sure of my "opt in" status though, because I'm unable to find any indicator that I am in or out of the competition after clicking the challenge button, but other than that: I like it.

#16 DemonRaziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 646 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:19 AM

View PostTexAss, on 26 April 2013 - 09:11 AM, said:

concerning your question: I'm pretty sure its friendly fire although the other option would be at least an interesting approach (though not working here since you could end up at 0 pretty easily).

Actually I think that would be a terrible idea, because you could easily end up with a negative score and it's actually more beneficial to you, if your team does as least damage as possible and might encourage some players to work against their team mates.
Also, if you drop with a high damage build on your side (e.g. high alpha Stalker), capable of amassing 600+ damage and you play a lighter weight category, you are pretty much out of the game for that round even if you did gather a couple kills/assists.

#17 rook

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 149 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:21 AM

Why isn't there a way to go to the current tournament page without having to go through the front page (by cycling back to the correct page and clicking - opt-in) or digging through the forums? I would think there should something events under the game or community menu...

#18 Cid Slayer

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:31 AM

should be live?

Opt in WORKING now :ph34r:

Edited by Cid Slayer, 26 April 2013 - 09:33 AM.

#19 ssm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:33 AM

View PostCid Slayer, on 26 April 2013 - 09:31 AM, said:

should be live?

Opt in broken.

Try opting again, I just got "You have opted in to this tournament."

#20 Tragos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 289 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:36 AM

Quoting myself:

Kill= 20
Assist = 10
Damage = (Damage - Friendly Fire)/15 = Points (e.g: 660 damage, 60 friendly fire -> (660-60)/15=40 )
Victory= 20
Loss =10
Survival =20
Death = 10
Therefore I expect daily victors to be around ~1250-1500

Let me show an example for 5 Kills, 3 Assists, 700 damage, 70 "team damage" (damage you did TO your team), victory, survival

5x 20 + 3 x 10 + (700-70)/15 + 1x 20 + 0x10 +1 x20 + 0x10
100 + 30 + 630/15 + 20 + 0 + 20 + 0
130+42+20+20=212

Edited by Tragos, 26 April 2013 - 09:37 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users