That music needs to be on iTunes :D

#82 Aszot

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 41 posts
  • LocationGdańsk

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:19 PM

The whole thing was a little bit disappointing, and I think not to be developed, However, look the Hunchback in the video preview. It is Swayback, am I right?

#83 Hollister

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 321 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:25 PM

I have used alot razer products over the past 5 years. Currently using the same headset and keyboard i got 3 years ago which both survived through iraq and a new mouse not to long ago because i wanted more DPI. Good products not cheap though.

#84 Tannhauser Gate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:32 PM

NICE!!

We’ve been saying for years why hasn’t MW had its own controllers and hardware.

I cant wait to see the finished product. Normally I don’t bother with Stick and Throttle rigs but this has several things I that make it attractive. I prefer the keypad over a Throttle and the integrated screen looks great – if it’s a real MFD that I can customize. The stick needs to have 8+ buttons, no switch covers, needs to be ergo and not flimsy.

Id buy one if I got to use a demo and I liked it.

#85 Hayden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:35 PM

Eeeeeehhhh... I'm gonna stick with my Saitek products. As an aside, if you'd make the game compatible with http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/fip.html
We'd all be winners.

#86 Kohnun

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:35 PM

Damn, i'd look like A BOSS at lan parties with one of those "LOL guys keyboards? pfft, IM A MECH COMMANDER!"

#87 Itrosnoc

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:38 PM

not that i would buy this product without seeing how they compare to the other companies that actually make joysticks for a living.. but this is crap.

#88 RacerX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 397 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:46 PM

First off I will state that I am glad to see some new PC peripheral products coming to market. I thought the age of joysticks in games was dead. It's nice to see a new product planned for the market place.

This looks really nice on paper. Force Feedback is a nice to have for a single player expereince but it makes for a hell of a disadvantage in online play. I still keep my Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback controller in top shape. In my opinion it is one of the nicest feeling joysticks ever produced. The force feedback was also nice and hope that any force feedback enablement will be compatible. However, I will be turning off the FF for any type of league or competitive play.

The integrated screen is an interesting add on however how usefull will it be really? Is it touch enabled? And can I use my Ipad or some other tablet device to server the same purpose.

How will you perform torso twist with this stick? Does the handle twist?

Where will my keyboard go? How many folks can simply drop the keyboard to the floor?
Can I use this for my Xbox and PS3 Mecha games?

And finally, will the cost of this device make the decision for us? I plan on using my old MW4 equipment so this gadget needs to show me some real world value before I'll plunk my money down for it.

Edited by RacerX, 05 June 2012 - 12:51 PM.

#89 Zureal

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:11 PM

LOVE this ... but seriously? RAZOR of all people!? they are practicaly RENOUWNED for there POOR quality and shabby workmanship. Now if this was say, a Logitech product id pony up the cash for it, cuz with them i KNOW it wont break, at least not easylie

#90 SP3CTREnyc

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:15 PM

It's a joystick with a number pad.

I have something almost exactly like that already.

It's called a joystick and a number pad.

#91 Hypernaut

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:16 PM

Design looks kinda ..um... retro.... to put it nicely. Useability? Can see any benefit from using such a thing compared to hardware which is already available - I'd rather use my spacemouse - there is nothing better !!!

#92 Nintenja

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Location2.375Mm over Texas

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:22 PM

For "F" sake.

#93 Nintenja

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Location2.375Mm over Texas

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:30 PM

Maybe Razer was bad. I don't know. All I know if every Logitech peripheral I ever bought was crap. I always returned their controllers and mice. They make a cool keyboard though. I have a left handed adder and a blackwidow and they work perfectly. The cords are very sturdy on my stuff too.

I wont be buying this product though. I'm a lefty. I'll just have to try and hunt down a left handed stick/thrust combo. Foot pedals would be nice for the throttle. :D

#94 Huru MorDae

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:00 PM

I hope they add foot pedals to it.

#95 Pawn Couch

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 135 posts
  • LocationI come from a land down under

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:06 PM

To me that stick looks flimsy enough for the force feedback to shake it to bits.

#96 Regina Redshift

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 281 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:07 PM

I'm with the tabletop veterans on this one. This video was actually a reveal for the Hunchback HBK-4B, aka the Swayback.

This is Razer's freshman joystick attempt, so I'm a bit skeptical. However, it is a cool concept and could be amazing if they can pull it off.

#97 Punisher79

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:18 PM

View PostHelmer, on 05 June 2012 - 09:10 AM, said:

Couldn't tell you this was posted elsewhere, probably because I do not go to the PGI Facebook page or Youtube channel much.

Thanks for posting this where the majority of individuals go for their PGI/MWO news.

Cheers.

Me too.

Thanks for posting.

#98 Vodkavaiator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:22 PM

I am a bit surprised at all this support for Logitech products at least in regards to joysticks...Considering how poorly they managed and continue to manage the support of the G940, I am at the very least happy to see that they are not involved with the Artemis controller.

The only worthwhile joysticks from Loigtech are the cheapest ones they offer, as they are so cheap that when they eventually break it is not that much of a loss to buy a new one. :D

Of course if it was merely about reliability and quality then I would wish CH products were involved, they are still the best in the branch in regards to such matters.

Edited by Vodkavaiator, 05 June 2012 - 02:26 PM.

#99 Stalker47

Rookie

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 8 posts
  • Locationthe woodlands,Texas

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:29 PM

i agree! no

#100 Cur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 335 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:29 PM

I think you're BSing there with the cord quality. What do you have, a pair of untrianed cats/dogs that keep chewing them?

I have two razer deathadder, ones 5 years old, still working.

the 2nd is about a year old, i only replaced the origional becuase the smooth coating they put on the top was starting to wear thin in places (up the top where the bulk of your hand rests, and in the finger/thumb grooves, but thats understandable, no? Its been used daily for 5 freaking years - it still works fine tho!)

The 2nd copperhead is a "Black Edition" so rather than the normal plastic cord, its woven fabric all the way, that seems sturdier than the plastic model.

Edited by Cur, 05 June 2012 - 02:39 PM.

26 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 26 guests, 0 anonymous users