Razer Nostromo + my Sidewinder2
this is all a need to Kill :(

#163 EvereadyGold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:55 AM

View Postwahlnutz, on 05 June 2012 - 09:09 AM, said:

Would have prefered Logitech as the manufacturer... but that might just be me. Otherwise it looks pretty freaken sweet

ehhhhhh, logitech generally makes pretty bland looking products that manage to resemble a d ildo too often, and really aesthetics are important here (yes i know i'm late to respond to this

Edited by EvereadyGold, 06 June 2012 - 06:04 AM.

#164 Juvat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationIn the Mechbay tinkering with my Mechs...

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:37 AM

I am personally using the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro... all the functionality I need at a really good price (got mine for $25 off newegg.com)

#165 TheFreeman

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationWhere you least expect me.

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:39 AM

Nah, sorry, I'm sticking with my ol' good Logitech Attack 3 joystick. Though one thing makes me wonder: Piranha Games couldn't find a publisher for MW5, but suddenly Razer gives them an offer to make a special controler for MW:O?
</conspiracy theory :lol:

#166 Marik

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:12 AM

This is a good concept, but I fear over priced equipment. I am suprised that foot pedals wouldn't be included for more advanced players (although the d-pad on the joystick would work ok). Still excited about this one though.

The way I used to do all out mech sim is get a seperate throttle, joystick, and rudder pedals. For the key pad I used a FPS numpad. Lots of buttons and fancy lights.

If the price of this unit is lower than buying seperate equipment I would get it.

#167 Jazz30

• PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:20 AM

Good and bad here. I like that there is a specific device being built for this game, and I personally have no issue with Razer as a company (their MMO mouse is excellent). It's a neat looking controller too, with the throttle pad and all the gadgets.

That said, I'm very dissapointed with the choice to market this virally (which I suppose is a reflection on this company's marketing decisions in general). Something like this, ie. an announcement for a tertiary product, should have been nothing more than a press release. The buildup to this game has been extreme, and at this point I feel their marketing team may be failing them because they're reaching the point that the game WILL NOT be able to measure up to the hype.

I wholeheartedly yearn for this to not be the case.

#168 Katrina Steiner Davion

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:23 AM

more importantly... left-handed support? razer's always making stuff for the righty gamer. leftys play games too ya'know.

#169 TheRulesLawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts
  • LocationChicagoland

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:07 AM

Price completely aside I have concerns
1) Razer isn't exactly known for quality
2) Razer doesn't have a history with joysticks
3) Razer doesn't have a history with force feedback.

1 combined with 2 and 3 sounds like a bad bet to me. If the same thing had come from Saitek, thrustmaster, logitech, or CH products I would be far more comfortable with the product. Its a neat concept, but Its kind of like asking someone if they'd buy a car made by dell or something.

#170 Vodkavaiator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:16 AM

Saitek and Logitech are also quite well known for making very unreliable joysticks, so I would not really put much more faith in them than Razer.

Thrustmaster makes some good sticks but to be honest the Cougar only really shines when you mod it with parts that add a couple of hundred dollars to the already steep price.

CH on the other hand have proven to be quite reliable over the last decade, though of course they are not the most creative manufacturer of joysticks.

Edited by Vodkavaiator, 06 June 2012 - 11:17 AM.

#171 Dapper_

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 21 posts
  • LocationAtlas Mech

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:53 AM

Saitek and Logitech are known for making faulty products just as much as Razer. While Razer makes more game specific stuff and tends to be overpriced. Logitech also loves making Headsets held together by tiny pieces of plastic (G930 anyone?) so meh.

CH is the company that should have made this but, Razer is fine. I own a Razer Mamba and Black Widow both of which are awesome.

#172 Henchman 24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 529 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:50 PM

View PostRangerOne, on 05 June 2012 - 09:38 AM, said:

Over the years I have owned every Thrustmaster HOTAS. I will own this as well if it ever comes out.

Man, I think my friends and I kept them in business long ago. We recently counted how many Thrustmasters we 'mastered' out of existence.
15 seperate sticks, multiples of some obviously....all nearly completely destroyed between Mech2, All the X-wing/Tie games, and a couple friends used them for a racing/stunt game called Whiplash we used to have little local competitions in.

It was mostly Tie Fighter though that beat it up, the harsh turning required in it snapped more springs and stays than I thought possible.

I say this because those controllers were made to be beat on....unlike the junk I see out today.

The sad part was the realization that in Mech 2, mouse input was far superior to the controller response rate(usually game port), even now, my aging G9 still whips the daylights out of the Logitech Wingman Extreme 3d or whatever it is I have.

Until someone comes up with a controller that uses pots that actually have good response....this won't be worth it as you get your *** handed to you by some 10 year old with a 3000dpi mouse or whatever.

I'm sure it will look cool as you're sobbing over it though!

#173 Henchman 24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 529 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:53 PM

View PostKatrina Steiner Davion, on 06 June 2012 - 07:23 AM, said:

more importantly... left-handed support? razer's always making stuff for the righty gamer. leftys play games too ya'know.

What? I don't even like them....but I know for a fact Razer makes more uni-dextrous gaming mice than anyone.

#174 Veliah Truard

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 156 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:11 PM

I'll stick with my mouse, thanks. Still, interesting design, assuming it lives up to the hype. Joystick fans will love it if it works.

#175 Chacatumbi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 131 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Michigan

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:29 PM

I'm buying the heck out of that thing when it comes out!

#176 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:28 PM

Is there any word if the display will have touch capability? It'd be a huge boost to it.

#177 Disaray

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:42 PM

That looks really cool. I hope it dosnt cost a lot. :)

#178 Clay Pigeon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:54 PM

It looks nice. Too bad I'm left handed. If they had one for lefties (stick left, keypad + throttle right) I would likely buy it.

Edited by Clay Pigeon, 06 June 2012 - 08:55 PM.

#179 Alymbic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 600 posts
  • LocationSpace Australia

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:45 PM

I love my MechWarrior as much as the next gamer, but I wonder if the Artemis will be compatible with other games? Its a lot to fork out for a FTP game, but I would be more likely to buy it if I could use it in a flight sim as well. Otherwise I'll just stick with my keyboard/mouse combo :)

#180 RevolutionaryC

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:43 AM

Razer has move to a new tech.

Razer artemis must cost 200$++

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users