Sentinel's 3D Printed Mech Toys

306 replies to this topic

#101 Sentinel373

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 317 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

Thats also the same build i run hence why i printed it. I run it with 2 medium lasers aswel though

Edited by Sentinel373, 28 May 2013 - 01:58 PM.

#102 Ozric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationSunny Southsea

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:34 PM

View PostSentinel373, on 28 May 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

Thats also the same build i run hence why i printed it. I run it with 2 medium lasers aswel though

I had assumed as much. :) Although I ditched the 2 MLAS myself, probably just for more ammo or heat sinks. I don't like getting close enough for them to be really worth it anyway. I keep trying to lose them on my LRM C1 too, but every time I do I end up regretting it.

But why are you in here talking to me? Shouldn't you be out there somewhere looking for loopholes? :)

#103 eraser

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

I will also keep my fingers crossed that somehow these models will be able to be released in some way for those of us who have printers but do not have the modeling skills tom make them ourselves. I even wrote PGI about it and while the response did not give any more information it does give me hope that there might be a way for these models or ones close to them to come out to fans.

Now with that said how about a simple trade of 2-3 models printed for each model file? That is not selling just people being friendly and helping each other.

#104 Sentinel373

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 317 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

its been a while but since i'm waiting for the bravo lance prints to arrive i've done some more work on the 1/60th scale catapult.

i've detailed the bottom of the foot and started work on the toe joints.
Posted Image
More pics comming over the next few days.

#105 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:48 PM

View PostSentinel373, on 07 May 2013 - 03:13 AM, said:

And here is my first wave of battletech tabletop mini's in MWO's style.

Note the catapult is a bit darker than the rest, this is because there is a hollow space inside but it has no place to let the wax support material drip out. this makes it harder to see the detail. but once painted that wont be a problem. as you can see the catapult and the raven even have the ladder on their backs. i didnt know if this would turn out okay so i didnt put those on the awesome. something to consider for the next batch. also you cant see it clearly on the photo's but the highlander even has the holes in its chest and arms for the srm6's i put there. same goes for the gauss rifle's barrel on the catapult,
and as i specified the highlander is the tallest at 4.5 cm almost exactly.

I'm reading up on how to post process these and what kind of primer and other cleaning solutions i can use to make them look awesome before paint

Enjoy.

O-h m-y G-o-d.

PS: would you trade those for a wife and kid?

#106 ElCadaver

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 163 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:02 PM

WANT!!!

Edited by ElCadaver, 29 May 2013 - 06:04 PM.

#107 Jam the Bam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:37 AM

They look awesome, you've done a very nice job of the detailing sentinel. It must be hard deciding which detail you can and can't show when the models are miniaturised.

I used to paint WH40K so I know how tricky the painting is.

If you ever figure your way through the legal minefield I would love to pay for one of those Highlander models, even if its just covering materials and shipping.

Keep up the good work.

#108 eraser

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

I hope that it gets settled out in a manner that people can share these models with others. Hell I would love if they released "Official" digital models that I could get from the developers directly. I would never pay MC for a model to sit in my cockpit in the game but would gladly pay MC for a good model that I could have to use and 3D print if I want to.

#109 Sentinel373

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 317 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:05 AM

View Posteraser, on 30 May 2013 - 05:15 PM, said:

I hope that it gets settled out in a manner that people can share these models with others. Hell I would love if they released "Official" digital models that I could get from the developers directly. I would never pay MC for a model to sit in my cockpit in the game but would gladly pay MC for a good model that I could have to use and 3D print if I want to.

Well I got the models from the game. All I did was make them watertight and add and removed certain details. If you understand the fundamentals of 3d modeling its not really that hard to do its just a lot of work on some of the models. You just have to know the program and the rules of the material you're printing in.

#110 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,589 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:46 AM

Sentinel at first i have to say ;) :D ;) Wow!!!!
Are there any chances to see a Cataphract(Ilya,3d what ever) in the near future???.
Another Question: Your 1/60 Catapult,how are the dimensions of this when its finished?
i would love to find somebody who can do something like your fantastic Job here in Germany. Maybe in the near future we can buy this Modells legal as a modellkit in different scales. I always had build model kits like Battleships,airplanes and the Macross Models of the Warhammer and Marauder.I would freak out on the day when i buy my first Ilya Muromets model kit :D

#111 Sentinel373

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 317 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:55 AM

View PostMighty Spike, on 31 May 2013 - 05:46 AM, said:

Sentinel at first i have to say :D :ph34r: :lol: Wow!!!!
Are there any chances to see a Cataphract(Ilya,3d what ever) in the near future???.
Another Question: Your 1/60 Catapult,how are the dimensions of this when its finished?
i would love to find somebody who can do something like your fantastic Job here in Germany. Maybe in the near future we can buy this Modells legal as a modellkit in different scales. I always had build model kits like Battleships,airplanes and the Macross Models of the Warhammer and Marauder.I would freak out on the day when i buy my first Ilya Muromets model kit :(

Once i receive my Bravo lance figures the next set will be the Atlas, Cataphract, cicada and the spider
The catapult would be roughly 8 inches tall at 1/60th

#112 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,589 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

oh yes,cant wait to see the cataphract and the Atlas. 8 inch are are something about 15-18cm right? Nice,really impressive work Sentinel :(

#113 Guchion

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 99 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:24 AM

Was just wondering what printers you use? Looking to get some of my own stuff printed, and that looks like the level detail I want!

#114 DasFreshMaker

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationAjax, Ontario

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:23 AM

I've been away for a bit, so I had to get caught up.. :)

Great work Sentinel373 !! Can't wait to see more. Especially the poseable Cat

#115 First Day Reviews

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:26 PM

Those turned out sick

#116 Sentinel373

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 317 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:39 AM

My friend has finished painting the set i gave him and they are AWESOME! if I do say so myself.

Enjoy
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also i just got confirmation that i managed to fix all the problems plagueing bravo lance and i'll be getting the next set tommorow :) so expect more pictures then.

#117 Blackfang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 766 posts
  • LocationComing to a planet near you!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:48 AM

Oh man.... I'm so jealous.

#118 Magik0012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:36 AM

Drool..

#119 Valcrow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:46 PM

Those look awesome painted! Love the decal details.

#120 Sentinel373

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 317 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:30 AM

Ladies and Gentlemen, Presenting bravo lance Straight out of the packaging still in need of cleanup.

CG models:
Posted Image
Real world versions.
Posted Image
Note I managed to get the sensor dish ontop of the catapult this time by slighty enlarging it.

I'm going to clean them up tonight and put them in primer so expect some more detailed pictures later

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users