#181 LaserAngel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 889 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:20 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 12 August 2013 - 03:30 PM, said:

Isn't the new AtD good enough for that?

It's 5 questions and 5 answers. The only hanging topic we have right now is finishing off our review of the Developer Blogs 3-6. I'll need some more meat for a podcast this week before deciding on go or no go.

#182 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:56 PM

View PostLaserAngel, on 12 August 2013 - 04:20 PM, said:

It's 5 questions and 5 answers. The only hanging topic we have right now is finishing off our review of the Developer Blogs 3-6. I'll need some more meat for a podcast this week before deciding on go or no go.

Oh... you'll find something, like what's new on the test servers this week. It won't take much.

#183 LaserAngel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 889 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:00 PM

I'm hoping for another round of Public Test Server this week.

#184 Big Giant Head

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Locationingalaxyfarfaraway

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:32 PM

View PostLaserAngel, on 12 August 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

Wonder what could they put?

DX11?
U.I. 2.o?
Ghost delay?

omg their try to save TT rules in FPS is really sad and it becomes boring each time Paul posts some cheesy "solution"

#185 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:13 AM

View PostLaserAngel, on 12 August 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

Nope. :)

#186 LaserAngel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 889 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

I'm going to scrape something together for this weekend since August 24th is Hangar Module day in Star Citizen. I'd like to dedicate all our time to Star Citizen that day.

#187 Big Giant Head

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Locationingalaxyfarfaraway

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:01 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...ck/page__st__60

picture tells everything

#188 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:59 PM

Need more meat.

#189 StandingCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:07 AM

Things are getting scary in the MWO world in my opinion. I have spoken with plenty of legendary founders, people that have been in the game since day one... at least one individual that has put over 700 dollars into this game... that are really, I guess the best term to use would be, "Scared for the game that we love". Many will not put any more money into the game.

The lack of real communication on what is going on has been staggering. Just think to yourself, if you had some great version of CW in the works (the most important thing to the health of the game at this point), wouldn't you want to flaunt it to get people excited? Why are we now getting extra incentives to project phoenix (an already great deal)? Is this to increase sales that are weak? To stop the bleeding of people asking for refunds?

I really am worried that the game I and many others love is in trouble. It's the reason #savemwo has had so much attention.

Edited by StandingCow, 17 August 2013 - 07:09 AM.

#190 Malphes

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:14 AM

View PostStandingCow, on 17 August 2013 - 07:07 AM, said:

I really am worried that the game I and many others love is in trouble. It's the reason #savemwo has had so much attention.

Oh believe me. It's more than "in trouble".

Goons aren't going to help by the way. They don't know what they want.

#191 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:21 AM

Things are getting scary in the MWO world in my opinion. I have spoken with plenty of legendary founders, people that have been in the game since day one... at least one individual that has put over 700 dollars into this game... that are really, I guess the best term to use would be, "Scared for the game that we love". Many will not put any more money into the game.

The lack of real communication on what is going on has been staggering. Just think to yourself, if you had some great version of CW in the works (the most important thing to the health of the game at this point), wouldn't you want to flaunt it to get people excited? Why are we now getting extra incentives to project phoenix (an already great deal)? Is this to increase sales that are weak? To stop the bleeding of people asking for refunds?

The first step is to work towards a common ground, which you can only do after you identify what's really going on. Money is what's at stake, so you control your wallet, and wait them out. Pretend you're laying siege to a castle.

When PGI throws childish tantrums (and they have), no one listens, because we're all adults here. Holding a crisis on infinite earths monitor council doesn't do anything, either, but it's good you all have a place to vent. That's the community's version of PGI going IT WAS OUR POSITION AT THE TIME. It puts into view all the hyperbole CERTAIN PEOPLE AMONG US have been using as jokes since day one.

You can't have a good consumer/business relationship like this. They provide the game, but we provide the money for the game. So both need to act with respect, no matter how strained your patience is.

#192 LaserAngel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 889 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:38 AM

I think our position on #savemwo was clear enough in Kong Kast #9. We'll be recording again tonight to clear out some of our hanging topics. August 24th is reserved for Hangar Module day in Star Citizen.

Kong Kast #11
August 17, 2013
7 PM EDT (-4 UTC)

TeamSpeak 3
chat.mabeaman.com
pw: purdue

#193 StandingCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:36 AM

The thing with #savemwo is... they are doing what they can to make suggestions for the game while trying to remain mature. What else are we supposed to do? Sit and ***** on a podcast and heckle the devs? That doesn't help anybody.

Edited by StandingCow, 17 August 2013 - 09:54 AM.

#194 Super Mono

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:46 AM

View PostStandingCow, on 17 August 2013 - 09:36 AM, said:

The thing with #savemwo is... they are doing what they can to make suggestions for the game while trying to remain mature. What else are we supposed to do? Sit and ***** on a podcast and heckle the devs? That doesn't help anybody.

The General Discussion forum was chopped to pieces and any other effort to organize critical discussion of the game gets shunted into K-Town. So there's only two choices in this situation, shut up and walk away or organize a means of discussion outside of PGI's control.

#195 StandingCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:50 AM

View PostSuper Mono, on 17 August 2013 - 10:46 AM, said:

The General Discussion forum was chopped to pieces and any other effort to organize critical discussion of the game gets shunted into K-Town. So there's only two choices in this situation, shut up and walk away or organize a means of discussion outside of PGI's control.

#savemwo has the outside means of discussion. We use skype mostly, and that other thing...

#196 Windies

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,477 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:09 PM

The game has been in trouble for awhile to be honest, It's just now starting to boil over because we're reaching the launch date and the game is nowhere near ready for it just like it was nowhere near ready for open beta. People are starting to face the facts and hope is fading. I supported #savemwo because it had a positive but aggressive statement but you can't force the developers to listen to you. Garth can post about how we need to be civil and he's forwarding info to the devs all he wants, but if they just ignore it then it really means nothing. The fact that a moderator was trying to flame bait the thread is kind of proof enough of their intentions.

At this point I would rather the game dies a really quick and hopefully somewhat quiet death, because if PGI just drags it out and makes a cluster **** out of a Mechwarrior game, which at this point I'm 95% sure is what will happen, no developer or publisher will want to touch it for a long long time.

#197 StandingCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:24 PM

Just want to point out that Prosperity Park left due to RL issues per our unit commander. Nothing to do with the game.

#198 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 04:55 PM

We are taking community questions for next episode, and anyone who's willing is invited to the improvised special-secret not very really secret streaming plans for the special-special-special weekend episode next week, which may or may not end up working out because of technical reasons.

So submit your questions, and prepare to measure wallet. Episode #11 will be up in a day.

#199 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 08:12 PM

The only question I have is this...

Don't you find it odd that PGI's form of communication (specifically twitter, facebook, and other forms of media) is somewhat backwards?

It seems well intentioned, yet it produces the opposite effect, like instant forum flamewars and massive fears and disagreement... not to mention the fact that we as a community somehow much ninja-find all these things, instead of PGI doing their duty to inform us... not the other way around.

In the same vein, is "communicating with the community" simply limited to a few cryptic posts and NGNG... which is effectively allowing suckups that don't ask the serious tough question that would get inevitable "fair response" from PGI so we can at least gain respect in their decisions.. instead of the entire "let's just agree to every and all PGI's arbitrary decisions" to the detriment of the community and the game... w/o actually having any discussion AND not taking our feedback seriously outside of the "oh, you're not buying Kintaros, my bad" statement about them.

You would think that someone like Garth or someone you can trust doing a better job of the overall "communication". It's a confusing message to us, not just the people who "claim" to communicate to us.

The question ultimately is... does PGI actually know how to "communicate" with the people that pay and play on their servers? Does PGI know to communicate as a respectable company? These things aren't hard to fix... but the problem is that it seems like someone's ego is being bruised (like Paul's) and they don't know how to react to it... like the nerd who gets the hot girl, but still doesn't feel sufficient, so he's roided up and/or needs to bitchslap someone that harrassed him in high school by hacking his computer... something like that.

Done with the mini-rant...

Edited by Deathlike, 17 August 2013 - 08:17 PM.

#200 LaserAngel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 889 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:19 PM

If you can't wait, here is the MP3 version of the podcast again. Show notes are in the archive in PDF format.

Edit: YouTube link posted below.

Edited by LaserAngel, 18 August 2013 - 08:34 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users