Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:34 PM

Posted Image

#83 Hammerfinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 745 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:38 PM

Why are there two of the exact same, silly, ridiculous, overblown, uninformed threads?

*yelling* MODS! HEY MODS! *yelling*

Edited by Hammerfinn, 16 May 2013 - 02:38 PM.

#84 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

This is what its like in my mechbays every time a new chassis comes out.

Edited by Sephlock, 16 May 2013 - 02:41 PM.

#85 Tie Ma

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

quoting someone from the other thread.

View PostTemplarGFX, on 15 May 2013 - 03:59 PM, said:

OMG, someone who actually knows how it works. People like you and I look at those images and think "not finsihed/shared/temporary assets" and walk away without another thought.

In all likelyhood, the weapon you see there has been grabbed off another mech and used for visualization while the artist build the custom weapon model for this mech chassis.

i dont see how the post is uninformed. people who are clearly informed know that this is unfinished work. But some people seem to think the mess they decided to show on the official website constitutes "fine" and "finished".

i hope these people have more attention to detail in their life than they do towards MWO.

the "its fine" and "well that could be better" is what differentiates a mediocre game from a great one.

Edited by Tie Ma, 16 May 2013 - 02:43 PM.

#86 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

View PostTie Ma, on 16 May 2013 - 02:40 PM, said:

the "its fine" and "well that could be better" is what differentiates a mediocre game from a great one.

Which is what I've said in some of these threads. It could be better, and maybe it'll get an updated pass later. I think we can all calm down now.

Edited by General Taskeen, 17 May 2013 - 12:46 PM.

#87 Durahl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:04 AM

Posted Image

Anyone else want some?

#88 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:44 AM

View PostNiko Snow, on 17 May 2013 - 11:17 AM, said:

Unreleased content is known to be buggy. :huh:

Please tell the devs to put their next few mech designs on Lipitor.

#89 Stoicblitzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

the screenshot of the blackjack on the home page shows gun barrels centered and rectangular. their concept art was a concept.

#90 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:50 PM

I cannot imagine how someone fixated on trivial model details can play this game at a remotely competent level.

#91 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

View PostDrDXZ, on 18 May 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

New Assault mech comes out in july. Tough I'm hoping they give us the concept art at least in june
Posted Image
Aww, I couldn't find a decent pic of "The Can"... that's what I really wanted to use here. Even the unit build icon would be good. can anyone help me out, please?

#92 TheMadTypist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 534 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

View PostStoicblitzer, on 18 May 2013 - 10:19 AM, said:

the screenshot of the blackjack on the home page shows gun barrels centered and rectangular. their concept art was a concept.

That's because those are flamers. four of them, you'll notice. You're looking at a BJ-1x in that announcement, NOT the ballistic BJ-1. If you'd have bothered to click "learn more", you would see the image he's complaining about is actually from the official 'mech page, here. you'll note the BJ-1 and 3 have the areas of concern, while the BJ-1x has those rectangular barrels.

Traditionally, images for the specific variants on the official 'mech pages have only shown up the day of release, not before, and certainly not depicting incomplete models, or some kind of "visualization".

I would be very surprised if any alteration was made to the blackjack before its release, and suspect this is exactly what we will be seeing in the 'mechbay on tuesday.

#93 Stoicblitzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:58 AM

View PostTheMadTypist, on 18 May 2013 - 05:00 PM, said:

That's because those are flamers. four of them, you'll notice. You're looking at a BJ-1x in that announcement, NOT the ballistic BJ-1. If you'd have bothered to click "learn more", you would see the image he's complaining about is actually from the official 'mech page, here. you'll note the BJ-1 and 3 have the areas of concern, while the BJ-1x has those rectangular barrels.

Traditionally, images for the specific variants on the official 'mech pages have only shown up the day of release, not before, and certainly not depicting incomplete models, or some kind of "visualization".

I would be very surprised if any alteration was made to the blackjack before its release, and suspect this is exactly what we will be seeing in the 'mechbay on tuesday.

I stand corrected. It definitely appears that they are getting lazy. I would prefer if the barrels were centered but it's not a huge deal for me.

#94 pencilboom

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 268 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

The first mechs (hunchback, atlas, awesome, catapult, jenner, dragon, centurion) are the best modeled and has the best animation too in terms of quality. look at the new highlander..while it's model is "OK", it's walking animation is poorly done..

#95 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:41 PM

the highlander's hips should pivot like the atlas' instead of walking like a windup toy. (actually so should all mechs, they need to have their animators play MW4 or just observe locomotion in reallife)

if you read one of the old dev blogs about mech creation they actually went back and narrowed the size of the catapult cockpit so that it looked more like the concept art.

god knows they don't do that anymore, or we wouldn't havethe stalker looking the way it does

Edited by Tennex, 20 May 2013 - 10:45 PM.

#96 Tie Ma

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

not able to get on from work.. can anyone check if they've either moved the gun placement, or changed the textures on the gun mount?

#97 DegeneratePervert

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:41 PM

View PostTie Ma, on 21 May 2013 - 12:33 PM, said:

not able to get on from work.. can anyone check if they've either moved the gun placement, or changed the textures on the gun mount?

They're modular "slots", like on the Jager, Treb, etc. Places where there can be a weapon but don't have one for some reason, are flat and gray. Barrels are the same as on the Jager, but smaller looking. PPCs look neato on it.

#98 Tie Ma

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:51 PM

View PostDegeneratePervert, on 21 May 2013 - 12:41 PM, said:

They're modular "slots", like on the Jager, Treb, etc. Places where there can be a weapon but don't have one for some reason, are flat and gray. Barrels are the same as on the Jager, but smaller looking. PPCs look neato on it.

ah seems like they never changed it

#99 Braggart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:55 PM

View PostNative, on 14 May 2013 - 12:12 PM, said:

wow.. its not even out yet, and your already complaining?

BACK TO YOUR BRIDGE TROLL

what was pgi thinking... those jerkwads... making this free to play game for you to enjoy, and releasing new content regularly! What dastardly thing will they do next?

I suppose you don't understand the concept of CONCEPT ART... its a concept; not a finished product

a beta, that releases content once in a while, most of it paid.

#100 Tie Ma

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:02 PM

its worse than i thought. when you customize the guns. the bigger ones don't even stay inside the arm.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users