Quickdraw (Mech Of The Month -- June)

226 replies to this topic

#41 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:45 AM

View Poststjobe, on 04 June 2013 - 10:23 AM, said:

Actually, no. The Quickdraw is coming to the live servers on June 18th, and the Orion is pushed back to the next cycle (after the Victor, the Flea, and possibly after an undisclosed light and medium). The earliest we'll see the Orion is therefore in September.

Well, that is quite a Ninja move then. But, does it really matter? A mech is a mech, and it will be added whenever. I imagine the Orion was pushed back because they were putting old assets on the Orion arm, instead of making the modular tube laser/missile arm from scratch.

#42 Finn McShae

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 475 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 04 June 2013 - 11:45 AM, said:

Well, that is quite a Ninja move then. But, does it really matter? A mech is a mech, and it will be added whenever. I imagine the Orion was pushed back because they were putting old assets on the Orion arm, instead of making the modular tube laser/missile arm from scratch.

Now that my rage cooling, its to wait and do it right. Hope its worth the wait.

#43 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,469 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:08 PM

Dude. Really? Quickdraw?

Dude. The Quickdraw was one of my favorites back in MW2. Fast, agile, jumpy, and with an efficient armament. Of course, Inferno SRMs didn't exactly hurt back then...what do you want, I was young and stupid >_>

I'm surprised they moved the Orion back, and it's going to cost them quite a bit of nerdrage from the Tonnage > Everything folks - and, more importantly, from the folks eager to see the MWO edition of such a classic, iconic 'Mech who now have a very valid beef to raise - but as a Dragon pilot with a side order of Cicada and jumpy Trebuchet...yes please. This thing is going to be so ******* nice...

So much for that TBT-3C I was saving for. It's totally Quickdraw time.

#44 Padic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:16 PM

I think it's a mech that I'll give a try. It seems to have a lot of pluses going for it.

I just wish there was some concept art posted to ogle for the next couple of weeks!

#45 JohnnyWayne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:33 PM

View PostFinn McShae, on 04 June 2013 - 11:03 AM, said:

Having to wait longer for an Orion has almost pushed me into ragequit land, but ill try to remain calm.

I won't. **** THIS ****! I ******* DEMAND a mech on which i can rebuild a Marauder properly OR a Marauder. Srsly this ******* piece of junk is not worth a C-Bill. Read the description, it's a ******* medium like the Cicada is a light! Who the **** needs this ugly 60ton Commando anyways?! More ******* jumpjets thats what we need in this game. Hopefully it can mount 6 (ER)PPC's so that it's ******* viable against other mechs! Because we need that too, ****!

Side note: I know, every sentence contains a ****. Working as intended ;) ... No srsly im really pissed...

Edited by JohnnyWayne, 04 June 2013 - 01:33 PM.

#46 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:58 PM

No thanks. Not interested. Been looking forward to the Orion for 5 months, actually wanted it before the Highlander. Actually quit playing except for some Awesome testing and it failed all the tests. I saw the Orion as getting me back into playing MWO since it would be close to the Awesome, but probably not flawed/bugged, etc.

No Orion means I will not be playing MWO very often most likely. Maybe I need a break anyway.

#47 Alex Warden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:06 PM

so...catapult and dragon being replaced by a single chassis, plus the orion pushed back instead of just switching the QDR with the flea... i am "not very excited"

#48 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:34 PM

I'm ecstatic that were getting a 60ton jump jet mech, Schwing!

#49 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:52 PM

View PostDexion, on 04 June 2013 - 10:09 AM, said:

Found this one

Might give you and idea of what it may look like.

its so. ugly.

#50 ryoma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:12 PM

Oh hurray another boring humanoid mech!

So this thing is going to
1. Look the same as most mechs in the game
2. Be a underpowered mech
3. Replace the Orion for June

wow

yay

#51 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:22 PM

View PostFupDup, on 04 June 2013 - 10:09 AM, said:

The arms would probably end up working just like everything else that has lower arm actuators, i.e. Atlas, Treb, Commando, Dragon, etc...

The arm joints are not placed horizontally. They are probably figuring out how to implement arm aiming on this guy

#52 Duke Hector

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 302 posts
  • LocationNistus

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:25 PM

where is the art for it? i desire to see if it looks like a piece of junk and is worth buying or not.

and orion missing is sad :angry:

i was just itching to get into my orion

#53 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:30 PM

Not sure I understand the rage when the Devs said pretty much any Mech (that's not Unseen) is on the table at this point. I get that they "said" Orion would be next, but development doesn't exactly happen the way we want it to. Its an MMO, they have plenty of years to add up to 100 Mechs or more. I'm still raging (on the inside) that an Annihilator or an UrbanMech isn't available, but patience is virtue.

#54 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:45 PM

I just happy that we are getting new mechs, I guess the Banshee, Anni, or the Uber Urbie will show up sooner or later.

#55 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:48 PM

View PostTennex, on 04 June 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

The arm joints are not placed horizontally. They are probably figuring out how to implement arm aiming on this guy

Uh, yes they are.

Posted Image

Same as anything else with elbows.

Edited by FupDup, 04 June 2013 - 03:49 PM.

#56 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:52 PM

View PostJohnnyWayne, on 04 June 2013 - 01:33 PM, said:

I won't. **** THIS ****! I ******* DEMAND a mech on which i can rebuild a Marauder properly OR a Marauder. Srsly this ******* piece of junk is not worth a C-Bill. Read the description, it's a ******* medium like the Cicada is a light! Who the **** needs this ugly 60ton Commando anyways?! More ******* jumpjets thats what we need in this game. Hopefully it can mount 6 (ER)PPC's so that it's ******* viable against other mechs! Because we need that too, ****!

Side note: I know, every sentence contains a ****. Working as intended :angry: ... No srsly im really pissed...

want a hanky?

Cause guess what? You will NEVER get a Marauder in MWO. Get over it.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 04 June 2013 - 03:54 PM.

#57 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:55 PM

View PostFupDup, on 04 June 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

Uh, yes they are.
Same as anything else with elbows.

These two joints is what he's talking about:

Posted Image

Both are at roughly 45 degree angles to horizontal/vertical - which may or may not be an issue, but as far as I can tell it's unlike any of the previous 'mechs.

Edited by stjobe, 04 June 2013 - 03:56 PM.

#58 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:59 PM

View Poststjobe, on 04 June 2013 - 03:55 PM, said:

These two joints is what he's talking about:

Posted Image

Both are at roughly 45 degree angles to horizontal/vertical - which may or may not be an issue, but as far as I can tell it's unlike any of the previous 'mechs.

Oh, that.

Still, making those aim seems like it would just piggyback off of other elbow-aiming code with a slightly different animation to accommodate the joint orientation.

Edited by FupDup, 04 June 2013 - 04:00 PM.

#59 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:02 PM

View PostTennex, on 04 June 2013 - 02:52 PM, said:

its so. ugly.

good news is that image is WAY too stock for MWO to use. I actually modded the Quickdraw awhile back, wonder if I can find the file........ or which computer it was even on. :angry:

#60 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:03 PM

View PostFupDup, on 04 June 2013 - 03:59 PM, said:

Oh, that.

Still, making those aim doesn't seem like it would be that difficult.

You'd have to sync both joints if you want to go directly horizontal or vertical; if you move just one of the joints you will move both horizontal AND vertical.

Not that I know that it matters; we don't move the joints of our 'mechs, we just move the reticule and let the 'mech sort the rest out.

Still, it's an interesting find and it's currently as good a theory as to why the Orion was pushed back as any other.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users