• 6,619 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:47 PM

View PostFupDup, on 04 June 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

Uh, yes they are.

Posted Image

Same as anything else with elbows.

lol the elbow joints are angled at about 45*
edit: lol ninja'd thanks for explaining it for me

it was the same for the hunchback. they had to go back and reangle it. (i hope they don't reangle orion cuz it looks cool like that)
Posted Image
45*

Posted Image
90* to ground

Edited by Tennex, 04 June 2013 - 04:53 PM.

#62 Mahws

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:00 PM

Whelp. Dragon is dead. So is the Trebuchet.

Dragon's only saving grace was its speed to tonnage ratio. Quickdraw won't have the CT Achilles heel and comes with jump jets and on a sixty tonner with a huge engine trading ballistics for more energy and missiles isn't a sacrifice. Especially not with PPCs currently being an effective replacement.

Trebuchet will just be the smaller brother. 10kp/h extra max speed won't make up for the lower armor (64 CT armor vs 80).

It's a pity, but saw this coming months and months ago. You can only mix and match three hardpoint types so many times before you run out of variety. Without greater limitations on customizations there can only be so many varieties.

#63 Buzzkillin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 283 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:05 PM

View PostMahws, on 04 June 2013 - 05:00 PM, said:

Whelp. Dragon is dead. So is the Trebuchet.

Dragon's only saving grace was its speed to tonnage ratio. Quickdraw won't have the CT Achilles heel and comes with jump jets and on a sixty tonner with a huge engine trading ballistics for more energy and missiles isn't a sacrifice. Especially not with PPCs currently being an effective replacement.

Trebuchet will just be the smaller brother. 10kp/h extra max speed won't make up for the lower armor (64 CT armor vs 80).

It's a pity, but saw this coming months and months ago. You can only mix and match three hardpoint types so many times before you run out of variety. Without greater limitations on customizations there can only be so many varieties.

The trebuchet is still a dedicated lrm support mech with large launchers. I don't think the quickdraw is going to have 15/20 slot launchers for the lrms. If weight limits is ever added then the trebuchet fills the niche of a medium support. The only mech it competes with is the Dragon.

#64 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:12 PM

View PostBuzzkillin, on 04 June 2013 - 06:05 PM, said:

The trebuchet is still a dedicated lrm support mech with large launchers. I don't think the quickdraw is going to have 15/20 slot launchers for the lrms. If weight limits is ever added then the trebuchet fills the niche of a medium support. The only mech it competes with is the Dragon.

you might notice weapons, including Launcher slots have become somewhat dynamic in recent months.

#65 Buzzkillin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 283 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:48 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 04 June 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

you might notice weapons, including Launcher slots have become somewhat dynamic in recent months.

Which mechs can change the launcher slots?

#66 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:51 PM

going form the ask the devs. Missile slots have been a concern for awhile, and they were pretty specific it would be addressed. Whether it has or not, yey, I can't say as I don't run too many missile mechs. Pretty sure My Highlander switched number of slots depending on the launcher installed though.

#67 Buzzkillin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 283 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:59 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 04 June 2013 - 06:51 PM, said:

going form the ask the devs. Missile slots have been a concern for awhile, and they were pretty specific it would be addressed. Whether it has or not, yey, I can't say as I don't run too many missile mechs. Pretty sure My Highlander switched number of slots depending on the launcher installed though.

I asked my friend to see if his highlander does the same, interesting didn't know missiles got the same treatment.

#68 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:03 PM

View PostBuzzkillin, on 04 June 2013 - 06:59 PM, said:

I asked my friend to see if his highlander does the same, interesting didn't know missiles got the same treatment.

well, if they would actually centralize half the damn info in this game... having to scroll though 40 different ask the DEvs, dozens of announcement and command chair posts and such really are pretty amateur hour.

The fact you have to go to a 3rd person site like Smurfys to get a complete easy reference weapon listing is pretty indicative of some of the outright peripheral support fail. I like a lot about this game, but some stuff like this drives me frikking nuts.

#69 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:09 PM

View PostBuzzkillin, on 04 June 2013 - 06:48 PM, said:

Which mechs can change the launcher slots?

Highlanders only AFAIK.

#70 Rabid Dutchman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 196 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:58 PM

So... the Victor has been pushed back another month?

*twitch*

#71 SMDMadCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:09 PM

View PostRabid Dutchman, on 04 June 2013 - 07:58 PM, said:

So... the Victor has been pushed back another month?

*twitch*

No, just the Orion got swapped last minute. Victor is still onfor next month, until next months announcement changes it.
2 jumping mechs back to back...oh goody.

#72 LoveLost85

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 138 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:49 PM

View PostFupDup, on 04 June 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

Uh, yes they are.

Posted Image

Same as anything else with elbows.

ahh the Orion...so sexy even the clans have a bone-er for it

Edited by LoveLost85, 04 June 2013 - 08:50 PM.

#73 Mahws

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

So, interesting thing I just noticed, the Quickdraw doesn't really have three decent variants. Only one of the variants actually has a load out different to the Prime Variant.

QKD-4G: Prime Variant(1)
QKD-4H: Identical (2)
QKD-5K: Identical except for Fero/DHS (4)
QKD-5A: Removes the LRM10, adds 2 ML (3)

Could be that we're finally getting C3 added?
QKD-C: Requires C3 Slave (x)
Although it's pretty much identical minus a single ML, so that seems unlikely. And there's no reason they'd have kept it a secret.

Other variants are completely out of timeline:
QKD-5M: Requires one shot missile launchers (x)
QKD-5Mr: Requires ER ML.
QKD-8K: Requires ER ML/MRM.
QKD-8P: Requires torso cockpit.

Odd that they'd have chosen the Quickdraw out of all the possible IS heavies all things considered, especially odd in light of no mention of the mech before now and no artwork/announcement. Something seems fishy.

Edited by Mahws, 04 June 2013 - 09:14 PM.

#74 Rabid Dutchman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 196 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:13 PM

View PostSMDMadCow, on 04 June 2013 - 08:09 PM, said:

No, just the Orion got swapped last minute. Victor is still onfor next month...

:)

View PostSMDMadCow, on 04 June 2013 - 08:09 PM, said:

...until next months announcement changes it.

:)

#75 Rabid Dutchman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 196 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:16 PM

View PostMahws, on 04 June 2013 - 09:12 PM, said:

Odd that they'd have chosen the Quickdraw out of all the possible IS heavies all things considered, especially odd in light of no mention of the mech before now and no artwork/announcement. Something seems fishy.

Those are my thoughts exactly. The only probable reasons for it that I can think of are:

maybe the Orion has some issues that still need working out

or

There's something else (a patch, CW, something secret) that PGI wants to release in conjunction with the Orion, and the other thing isn't ready.

But, as with everything, I'll plan for the worst and hope for the best. As long as the Victor drops on time I'll be happy

#76 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:14 PM

View PostRabid Dutchman, on 04 June 2013 - 09:16 PM, said:

Those are my thoughts exactly. The only probable reasons for it that I can think of are:

maybe the Orion has some issues that still need working out

or

There's something else (a patch, CW, something secret) that PGI wants to release in conjunction with the Orion, and the other thing isn't ready.

Has anyone thoroughly looked into the Orion's base specs to see if it would meet the basic 3 variants in the current timeline?

Some people have mentioned the ECM variant of the Quickdraw, but that has ER Meds, which are not of the current timeline.

#77 Mahws

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:32 PM

Orion has 5 different timeline viable variants. Only two of them have identical load outs, so 4 unique stocks.

Orion - 5 Variants, 4 Unique stocks.
Quickdraw - 4 Variants, 2 Unique stocks.

#78 627

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:37 AM

i don't think these 45° arms are an issue which need 3-4 month to fix.

My guess is release... 3-4 month is sept/oct and that is roughly planned release date. Clans are far far away and won't show up before 2014 if ever. So they need some bling for release and that will be the orion, together with a nice hero.

It's pure marketing. Quickdraw wouldn't make enough hype for release and beside the unseen there're not many popular mechs in the timeline left to draw attention.

#79 Ralgas

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,628 posts
  • LocationThe Wonderful world of OZ

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:31 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 04 June 2013 - 03:52 PM, said:

want a hanky?

Cause guess what? You will NEVER get a Marauder in MWO. Get over it.

Which is one of the reasons i was looking forward to orion ( although i'm a long way from being as cut up about it as that guy)
Correct weight, and a likely release variant that will even have the correct layout if 1energy hardpoint were added to the torso. As for teh QD, meh. Most pics of it look like an oversized commando............

#80 JohnnyWayne

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:31 AM

You guys should always read the "small print". There was no enrage post before, so at least one was missing. ^^ Therefore I wrote one. Im not amused and to be honest I don't know what to do now in mwo now. I was really looking forward to the Orion and I also saved up a lot of money for it. All that boating ****** me off too, I can't play my usual dps loadouts anymore because of it.

To be put of with something ugly like that 60 ton commando wasn't nice either...

Also that Marauder thing is something I wouldn't be so sure about:

There is only one "Marauder".

Moreover there are some pretty sweet concept arts out there that maybe are different enough of the Robotech modell to be released in MWO.

Edited by JohnnyWayne, 05 June 2013 - 04:44 AM.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users