Quickdraw (Mech Of The Month -- June)

226 replies to this topic

#81 yeshim

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:43 AM

Of course it's a bit sad that the Orion won't make it in now, but I for one will try to look at the bright side:

I always wanted to do a more missile focused dragon build and the 2 critslot limit becasuse CT LOL always stopped me. Now with the quickdraw maybe I can start experimenting! I'm hoping for at least 3 missile slots on one of the variants.

#82 William Warriors

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 283 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:04 AM

Quickdraw. yay.. we got Blackjack's bigger brother.. as if Blackjack is not useless enough. Why not bring in the Tian Zhong.. it is far more interesting to this cannon fodder

#83 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:07 AM

View PostMahws, on 04 June 2013 - 10:32 PM, said:

Orion has 5 different timeline viable variants. Only two of them have identical load outs, so 4 unique stocks.

Orion - 5 Variants, 4 Unique stocks.
Quickdraw - 4 Variants, 2 Unique stocks.

sigh...

The extra hard points are used to make them unique. Just like every other mech in this game.

#84 JohnnyWayne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:28 AM

View PostWilliam Conrad, on 05 June 2013 - 05:04 AM, said:

Quickdraw. yay.. we got Blackjack's bigger brother.. as if Blackjack is not useless enough. Why not bring in the Tian Zhong.. it is far more interesting to this cannon fodder

The Tian-zong is a post-Jihad design that the Capellan Confederation first developed in 3090.

#85 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:33 AM

That would make the Quickdraw the middle child since we have Jager on one end and BJ (Baby Jager) on the other.

#86 ManDaisy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:39 AM

where is the artwork, show us the damn artwork already!

#87 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:48 AM

View PostBelorion, on 05 June 2013 - 05:33 AM, said:

That would make the Quickdraw the middle child since we have Jager on one end and BJ (Baby Jager) on the other.

Actually, it's more like a middle between a Catapult and 4SP.

#88 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:08 AM

View PostWilliam Conrad, on 05 June 2013 - 05:04 AM, said:

Yay, not only does this one assume because he doesn't know how to pilot a medium worth anything, they must be worthless, he also has no clue about that timeline thing that PGI has been pretty adamant about following!

#89 Grakthuul

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:19 AM

I'm a bit sad to see that I'll have to wait to get an Orion, but I'm VARY happy to have a Quickdraw. This guy was one of my favorite mechs in TT and I look forward to seeing what I can do with one in MWO.

#90 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:24 AM

View PostJohnnyWayne, on 05 June 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

You guys should always read the "small print". There was no enrage post before, so at least one was missing. ^^ Therefore I wrote one. Im not amused and to be honest I don't know what to do now in mwo now. I was really looking forward to the Orion and I also saved up a lot of money for it. All that boating ****** me off too, I can't play my usual dps loadouts anymore because of it.

To be put of with something ugly like that 60 ton commando wasn't nice either...

Also that Marauder thing is something I wouldn't be so sure about:

Moreover there are some pretty sweet concept arts out there that maybe are different enough of the Robotech modell to be released in MWO.

yes, there are, Flying Debris, Shimmering Sword, Myself and many have done it. But if it's different enough, then the Classic Btech Faithful will turn their nose to it, and if it's faithful enough to satisfy them, then it will undoubtedly get the no-life Watchdogs from Harmony Gold's attention. Lose/Lose, unfortunately.

#91 Mahws

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:31 AM

View PostBelorion, on 05 June 2013 - 05:07 AM, said:

sigh...

The extra hard points are used to make them unique. Just like every other mech in this game.

You don't say?

Again, talking about the stock configurations here.

#92 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:34 AM

View PostMahws, on 05 June 2013 - 06:31 AM, said:

You don't say?

Again, talking about the stock configurations here.

most stock configs still have extra harpoints tossed in, unless like the Stalker they already have about 30. Can't think of two many Stock Dragon variants mounting 3 ballistics, yet we have them. Centurions only carry a single Missile Launcher, yet most have 2-3 hardpoints in the game.

#93 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:40 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 June 2013 - 06:34 AM, said:

most stock configs still have extra harpoints tossed in, unless like the Stalker they already have about 30. Can't think of two many Stock Dragon variants mounting 3 ballistics, yet we have them. Centurions only carry a single Missile Launcher, yet most have 2-3 hardpoints in the game.

But still there would be much confusion with when there are 2 x 2 variants that look the same
(4G vs 4H) and (5A vs 5K) next the 5M is featuring a OS rack and the C is the 5K again but this time with C3 - that all mechs have in game but without spending tonnage for it.

I still think that the Quickdraw is the most disdained Mech - after the UrbanMech...while the UM is cult - the QD is just 60t of crap.
Only thing is: the Quickdraw is the best argument against Hardpoint sizes....

Edited by Karl Streiger, 05 June 2013 - 06:42 AM.

#94 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:49 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 05 June 2013 - 06:40 AM, said:

But still there would be much confusion with when there are 2 x 2 variants that look the same
(4G vs 4H) and (5A vs 5K) next the 5M is featuring a OS rack and the C is the 5K again but this time with C3 - that all mechs have in game but without spending tonnage for it.

I still think that the Quickdraw is the most disdained Mech - after the UrbanMech...while the UM is cult - the QD is just 60t of crap.
Only thing is: the Quickdraw is the best argument against Hardpoint sizes....

I have yet to see a good argument against hard point sizes. And I certainly don't think the QD comes close to trumping the "OMG I squeezed a Rail Gun where mah Machine Gun used to be!" argument FOR sized Hard Points., lol.

As for the disdain, the Dervish is pretty ignored in TT too, but I could see it being VERY potent even with sized h-points in MW:O. The Quicky, as a flanker design, wouldn't really benefit from massive weapons anyhow, unless all people can think to do is slow it down and build yet another Poptart. In which case, the problem is the player, not the mech.

Can't say I was champing at the bit for the QD to show up, but it doesn't leave me feeling ********, either.

#95 Braggart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:05 AM

View PostMahws, on 04 June 2013 - 05:00 PM, said:

Whelp. Dragon is dead. So is the Trebuchet.

Dragon's only saving grace was its speed to tonnage ratio. Quickdraw won't have the CT Achilles heel and comes with jump jets and on a sixty tonner with a huge engine trading ballistics for more energy and missiles isn't a sacrifice. Especially not with PPCs currently being an effective replacement.

Trebuchet will just be the smaller brother. 10kp/h extra max speed won't make up for the lower armor (64 CT armor vs 80).

It's a pity, but saw this coming months and months ago. You can only mix and match three hardpoint types so many times before you run out of variety. Without greater limitations on customizations there can only be so many varieties.

I have been waiting for another 60 ton mech to come along. The Dragon is one of my all time favorite mechs, but it has so many crippling attributes in this game.

We have a 60 tonner that can jumpjet, has decent hardpoints. and hopefully a profile that doesnt scream core me quickly from whatever angle you prefer. We will dominate in it.

#96 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:10 AM

This thing will be DOA without an SRM buff.

Betting at least one of them will be a laserboat, and probably the best one.

#97 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:11 AM

"Quickdraw offered more diversity to the meta game at this point in time so we pushed it up a cycle."

Straight from the Twitter as a response why was Orion replaced with Quickdraw for the time being... and I don't think anyone could fall for it. Making up excuses is clearly not his best attribute.

I mean, c'mon. What could Quickdraw, of all mechs ever designed, add to the metagame... and especially when pitted against Orion. :)

Edited by Adridos, 05 June 2013 - 07:11 AM.

#98 Waking One

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 427 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:12 AM

View PostBraggart, on 05 June 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

I have been waiting for another 60 ton mech to come along. The Dragon is one of my all time favorite mechs, but it has so many crippling attributes in this game.

We have a 60 tonner that can jumpjet, has decent hardpoints. and hopefully a profile that doesnt scream core me quickly from whatever angle you prefer. We will dominate in it.

Yup, often i went "wish the dragon had jumpjets". And now we get one. Wonder what will they do with the hardpoints to differentiate them though.

Either way, too bad it's not the Orion, but yay new mechs anyway :)

View PostAdridos, on 05 June 2013 - 07:11 AM, said:

"Quickdraw offered more diversity to the meta game at this point in time so we pushed it up a cycle."

Straight from the Twitter as a response why was Orion replaced with Quickdraw for the time being... and I don't think anyone could fall for it. Making up excuses is clearly not his best attribute.

I mean, c'mon. What could Quickdraw, of all mechs ever designed, add to the metagame... and especially when pitted against Orion. ;)

The Orion is just a smaller atlas. And you'd see it fit with Gauss + ERPPCs same as everything else. Meh.

Edited by Waking One, 05 June 2013 - 07:13 AM.

#99 Sharp Spikes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSochi, Russia

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:32 AM

Well, Quickdraw is the only thing from all heavy mechs available in 3050 that I want to pilot (except for some Unseens). Orion is soooo boooring. And it looks like an armed fridge that rebelled against its masters.
So, I'm satisfied with PGI's decision to swap QKD and ON1. However, it looks like I am the only one satisfied. :)

#100 Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 358 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:34 AM

Orion would have been a nice addition.
"New" weight class and a mix of B/E/M hardpoints, which could differentiate from the more specialized chassis in the heavy class.

Quickdraw on the other hand:
Save a possible improved layout of the hitzones the QKD offers NO advantage.

W/o JJs it's as fast as a Dragon and have no major improvements regarding the hardpoints; in fact, ballistics will be absent.

Also, when jump capability is added on the QKD chassis, it will reduce the potential payload considerably. JJ for a 60 ton chassis weight 1 ton, instead of 0.5 tons for mediums, so equipping it with five jets will result in comparable weapon configurations to the Trebuchets.
I'm not overwhelmed...

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users