• LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:19 PM

Posted Image

#122 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:30 PM

Not half bad considering what FD had to work with.

Oh, and here's the announcement, finally: http://mwomercs.com/...mech-quickdraw/

Edited by stjobe, 05 June 2013 - 12:31 PM.

#123 Tremendous Upside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 738 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:19 PM

Looks great - but I'm not sure I'd want to run an XL engine in it...

#124 DoktorVivi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 239 posts
  • LocationWyoming

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:00 PM

That is actually quite a pretty redesign.

#125 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:25 PM

View PostBanky, on 05 June 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

Looks great - but I'm not sure I'd want to run an XL engine in it...

well, if the arms stay that massive, just gotta get used to using em as shield. I have never had much issue protecting my XL in my Wang.

But if twist and shout ain't for you, then yeah, probably not gonna recommend an XL, gonna assume some big hit boxes.

#126 StonedVet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

Well none of those variants excite me ONE BIT.

#127 Sasha Volkova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunjin
  • Gunjin
  • 449 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:55 PM

Well atleast we can all have GUNDAMS soon :b

#128 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:05 PM

View PostLowridah, on 05 June 2013 - 02:53 PM, said:

Well none of those variants excite me ONE BIT.

and it is very important that every mech and announcement be made solely for your satisfaction, yes?

#129 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,470 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:59 PM

View PostAdridos, on 05 June 2013 - 07:11 AM, said:

"Quickdraw offered more diversity to the meta game at this point in time so we pushed it up a cycle."

Straight from the Twitter as a response why was Orion replaced with Quickdraw for the time being... and I don't think anyone could fall for it. Making up excuses is clearly not his best attribute.

I mean, c'mon. What could Quickdraw, of all mechs ever designed, add to the metagame... and especially when pitted against Orion. :P

Turnabout: what can the Orion add to the game that the Atlas doesn't, given that the Orion is, in any respect that matters, an Atlas on a diet? Certainly the Quickdraw can be compared to other 'Mechs in the same manner, but that doesn't really mean anything in either example, does it?

The fact of the matter is that we currently have damn near zip for jump-strikers - there are two Trebuchets that can act as jump-equipped strike BattleMechs, and that's pretty much it - and jump-striking is pretty much what the Quickdraw was built for. The Orion, on the other hand, is a sturdy multi-range slugger...sorta like Cataphracts are, inside their weight bracket. The Quickdraw gives folks options that the Orion couldn't, while those folks who want what the Orion can do can fudge it a bit with a CTF-2X. Minus the LRM launchers none of you folks were going to use anyways.

Again, I understand that there are a lot of folks out there who wanted to get their mitts on an Orion. It's an iconic machine and one of the BattleTech universe's oldest stand-byes, and Piranha probably could have handled things better than simply dropping the Quickdraw on us more or less cold. But you do have to remember that not everyone playing this game believes that only the very tippy-top end of each weight bracket deserves to exist and that speed and agility are those things you Min/ so you can /Max AC/20 ammo. Some of us - like this guy I know with a weird number for a name - are positively slobbering over the thought of seeing what the Quickdraw can do in the hands of all those Dragon pilots out there who've steadily made something of themselves with 'Mechs most people relegate to the junk drawer.

Gimme a Quickdraw with a 350XL, a pile of lasers and all the jump jets it can mount, and I will be a happy and contented MWO player. Piranha likes those. They keep playing and sometimes spend money. Perhaps my contentedness cancels out one guy who ragequits for a while because no Orion. And perhaps - just perhaps, mind - the rest of us can get a new 'Mech once in a while too.

#130 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:08 PM

Does anyone else think the little antennae on the head are really cute?

Is it just me?

#131 SMDMadCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:12 PM

What sorcery is this? Thats a great looking mech.

#132 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:16 PM

View Post1453 R, on 05 June 2013 - 03:59 PM, said:

Turnabout: what can the Orion add to the game that the Atlas doesn't, given that the Orion is, in any respect that matters, an Atlas on a diet?

The fact that it managed to slip into a smaller sized dress due to that diet, and would be the heaviest mech in it's class? Think of its relationship with the Atlas as being similar to the relationship between the Jenner and the Cicada, or the Catapult and the Stalker.

#133 Tremendous Upside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 738 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:24 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 June 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

well, if the arms stay that massive, just gotta get used to using em as shield. I have never had much issue protecting my XL in my Wang.

But if twist and shout ain't for you, then yeah, probably not gonna recommend an XL, gonna assume some big hit boxes.

I probably run an XL in 3/4ths of my mechs - so yeah, I get it where the twisting is concerned :P. I run one in my YLW too - and it works great. But YLWs side torsos don't stick way out in front like that...

#134 Mahws

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:53 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 June 2013 - 06:34 AM, said:

most stock configs still have extra harpoints tossed in, unless like the Stalker they already have about 30. Can't think of two many Stock Dragon variants mounting 3 ballistics, yet we have them. Centurions only carry a single Missile Launcher, yet most have 2-3 hardpoints in the game.

Again, talking about the stock configs. Not talking about hardpoints.

I know they'll have different hardpoint counts, but the stocks will have the exact same weapon loadouts. As such unlike every other mech that's been added so far there will be no difference between the weapons of the stock loadouts of several of the variants. That was all I was saying folks.

#135 InRev

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:08 PM

Anyone else curious as to how they are going to implement the one-shot SRM4 on the 5M variant?

Or are they just gonna skip it since its hardpoints are identical to the stock model?

#136 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:19 PM

View PostGhost Badger, on 04 June 2013 - 09:22 AM, said:

It's a metaphor. They quickdrew this on us, and it killed us before we ever saw it. :P

Hmm...reminds me of the ending of the final Sopranos episode.

#137 One Medic Army

• 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:47 PM

View PostMahws, on 05 June 2013 - 04:53 PM, said:

Again, talking about the stock configs. Not talking about hardpoints.

I know they'll have different hardpoint counts, but the stocks will have the exact same weapon loadouts. As such unlike every other mech that's been added so far there will be no difference between the weapons of the stock loadouts of several of the variants. That was all I was saying folks.

The highlanders say hi, with their stock loadouts of 2E, 1B, and 2M (Oh, and one with a PPC on the arm instead).

#138 Ranek Blackstone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:00 PM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 04 June 2013 - 03:30 PM, said:

Not sure I understand the rage when the Devs said pretty much any Mech (that's not Unseen) is on the table at this point. I get that they "said" Orion would be next, but development doesn't exactly happen the way we want it to. Its an MMO, they have plenty of years to add up to 100 Mechs or more. I'm still raging (on the inside) that an Annihilator or an UrbanMech isn't available, but patience is virtue.

Annihilator doesn't hit mass production for the IS until sometime during the Jihad. The Dragoons have a couple, and the only known blueprints in the IS, but they brought them with them when they left the Clan Homeworlds.

Anyway, might be enough to get me away from my skirmisher CTF-3D.

#139 Mahws

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

View PostOne Medic Army, on 05 June 2013 - 05:47 PM, said:

The highlanders say hi, with their stock loadouts of 2E, 1B, and 2M (Oh, and one with a PPC on the arm instead).

I am legitimately confused as to how this is such a hard concept for people to grasp.

HGN-732:
1xGauss
2xML
1xLRM20
1xSRM6

HGN-733:
1xAC10
2xML
1xLRM20
1xSRM6

HGN-733:
1xAC20
2xML
1xLRM20
1xSRM6

HGN-733P:
1xPPC
2xML
1xLRM20
1xSRM6

QKD-4G and QKD-4H (completely Identical)
1xLRM-10
1xSRM-4
4xMedium Lasers

QKD-5A and QKD-5K (5K has DHS and FF)
1xSRM-4
6xMedium Lasers

As you'll note the Highlanders stock weapon loadouts are similair. The Quickdraws weapons are Identical. And the 4G and 4H are completely identical. Not the same.

I'm not saying that means they'll have the same hardpoints. I'm not saying the world is on fire. All I'm saying is that stock two of them are identical and the other two are practically the same one just being inferior. Stock. Not what people will make in the mechlab. Stock.

Edited by Mahws, 05 June 2013 - 06:18 PM.

#140 One Medic Army

• 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:25 PM

View PostMahws, on 05 June 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

I'm not saying that means they'll have the same hardpoints. I'm not saying the world is on fire. All I'm saying is that stock two of them are identical and the other two are practically the same one just being inferior. Stock. Not what people will make in the mechlab. Stock.

So?
It's irrelevant. Nobody runs stock for longer than it takes to afford DHS, if even that long.
The highlanders (bar 1) had the exact same base hardpoints before PGI gave them more.
It's pretty much irrelevant to discuss the stock loadouts for any mech in MWO, only how those stock loadouts determine the minimum hardpoints.
We already know exactly what these mechs will field stock, and where it'll be placed. In this case the G and H will be exactly the same with the stock configs. Who cares?

What interests me is that the Quickdraws have essentially 4 variants with the same 2 sets of base hardpoints, and it's 6 and 7 hardpoints respectively.
Dragons get 6, Will the quickdraws end up at 7 with only 3 variants? Will they get 8 hardpoints across 4 variants?

Edited by One Medic Army, 05 June 2013 - 06:28 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users