Patch Day - June 18Th!

352 replies to this topic

#121 Slopey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 105 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:03 AM

View PostKattspya, on 18 June 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

Where are all the man hours going? UI 2.0 is nothing but mockups everything else is "post launch" and balancing, the actual act of which takes about five seconds per entry, is not happening. What is PGI doing?

Posted Image

#122 DeathofSelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 655 posts
  • LocationChicago

Big things are coming guys!™ We Promise!™ Soon!™

#123 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Maybe these guys watch the news and know the possibllty of their release date is remote during WW3 so why bother. Better to fake it and pull some more paychecks to buy canned goods. I'm not spending anymore money here, Just MRE's and 5.56 from here on. Your on your own guys, good night.

#124 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:04 AM

How the **** did the increased heat for Large Pulse Laser get approved? Hang the Balance Director!

Edited by El Bandito, 18 June 2013 - 10:33 AM.

#125 HybridTheory

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 281 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationBC, Canada

View PostDCM Zeus, on 18 June 2013 - 08:45 AM, said:

Jump jet fix?????

So people still going to be nauseated jump jetting?

wtf is the point of the quickdraw's jjing around if your puking on the way up?

Good work PGI, you listen oh so well.

They do listen... I don't see any issue with the jump jets as they are. Maybe a very small reduction in the jitter but it is not that hard to use. Even if you feel like being a silly pop tart it is still do-able.... maybe have a couple of beer before jumping then you won't notice it as much :)

Though I am curious why no changes to the heat scale system that were discussed regarding "boating" mechs. I know many many people have said they don't think it is the right answer ( I agree... having a different system for every weapon in game is needlessly confusing and likely even more unbalancing than things are currently) however no mention of this in the patch notes one way or the other (even maybe just a little notice that it is still being looked into would be nice.)

In any case... looking forwrad to giving the patch a try... and to take a Quickdraw for a spin... though displeased at the lack of the Orion... I was told the factory I bombed from orbit was the Quickdraw... NOT the Orion... someones got some explaining to do!!!

#126 42and19

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 197 posts

One thing that is nice about patches is that they can be....patched again.

I think one of the major issues with all mmos with pvp elements is that the people who tend to give feedback on the forums tend to be pissed off about something because they started loosing; and typically they try to blame a perceived unbalanced rather than shifting their tactics accordingly. I've seen a lot of game go through waves of "balancing" that weren't really balances but really just the developers trying to react to community feedback. And since that community feedback is......biased. The game ends up in shambles. I see that happening here.

I guess what I am trying to say is that this game is still in development. In fact the devs have said that this game will ALWAYS be in development. So it is our job as a community as a whole to try to give the best UNBIASED feedback we can.

#127 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:05 AM

View PostAlexandros Arcano, on 18 June 2013 - 10:02 AM, said:

What confuses me about JJ shake is the way the 'giro' works just fine when you are stomping around doing 50Kph in a 100 tonne Mech with no problems at all, yet taking to the air in a nice linear, stable fashion causes your reticule to bounce around. Strangely I'm reminded of a previous itteration of MW when I used a force feedback joystick that shook when you used JJ. Mind you it jerked from side to side when you walked too.... Kinda makes me a bit nostalgic for Microprose / Microsoft, which I never thought I would say.

Mech gyro does not work in the air. Read the lore.

Edited by El Bandito, 18 June 2013 - 10:05 AM.

#128 TanE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 757 posts
  • LocationIn investigation of the Ghostbear Dominion

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:05 AM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 18 June 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

Give me a Q! Q!

Give me a U! U!

Give me an I! I ....

Posted Image

#129 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:06 AM

View PostLostdragon, on 18 June 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

I thought that too until my wife looked at the screen for about 2 seconds while I was using them and turned green. I thought people were blowing it out of proportion because they don't bother me at all but she couldn't stand to look at the shaking effect.

I have frequently felt nauseous playing FPSers. The UNREAL engine seems to do it to me most.

But the JJ shake in MWO (and also MWLL) don't bother me in the least. The nausea must be a very individual reaction.

For those who do get nauseous playing, I found that ginger (sugar-coated fruit lumps, or ginger beer) solved my problem.

Edited by Appogee, 18 June 2013 - 10:07 AM.

#130 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

He shouldn't have asked for Q! Q!

#131 Kattspya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

View PostDeathofSelf, on 18 June 2013 - 10:03 AM, said:

Big things are coming guys!™ We Promise!™ Soon!™

It's not a lie because big things are always coming.

Jesus wept

#132 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

View PostRebas Kradd, on 18 June 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

Garth, speaking as one of the least demanding posters on this forum, your mention of July automatically has people thinking October at this point. The development of this game has been one long unbroken chain of drastically missed deadlines almost without explanation. I'm honestly not sure how you could explain such an unusually disproportionate number of missed deadlines without undermining consumer confidence, but at this point, confidence seems so low anyway that you might as well.

Wishful thinking: The product of smoking a little too much weed.

As for a challenge...

I CHALLENGE PGI to USE LPL ONLY IN ANY MECH OF THEIR CHOICE. I'll probably end up in a Quickdraw with LL, PPCs, and ERPPCs... so, FEEL FREE TO SHOW UP WITH LPL!!!!

#133 Steel Will

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:07 AM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 18 June 2013 - 09:51 AM, said:

By the way, I love how Garth KNOWS the patch is terrible, basically admits it. And then says "HEY BUT GUYS, LOOK, JULY!".

Good lord.

Posted Image

#134 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:07 AM

View PostLostdragon, on 18 June 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

I thought that too until my wife looked at the screen for about 2 seconds while I was using them and turned green. I thought people were blowing it out of proportion because they don't bother me at all but she couldn't stand to look at the shaking effect.

Wives always turn green at video games.

#135 Alexandros Arcano

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:08 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 18 June 2013 - 10:05 AM, said:

Mech gyro does not work in the air. Read the lore.

Right, I forgot that a spinning metal disc is adversly affected by 'air time'.

#136 LoveLost85

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 138 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:09 AM

Spoiler

what. in. the. ****...

Edited by Destined, 18 June 2013 - 03:40 PM.
long post clean up

#137 HybridTheory

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 281 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:10 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 18 June 2013 - 10:06 AM, said:

Wishful thinking: The product of smoking a little too much weed.

As for a challenge...

I CHALLENGE PGI to USE LPL ONLY IN ANY MECH OF THEIR CHOICE. I'll probably end up in a Quickdraw with LL, PPCs, and ERPPCs... so, FEEL FREE TO SHOW UP WITH LPL!!!!

I've used LPL before they WERE fine... not sure if I will use them now though

#138 AtomCore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 274 posts
  • LocationDPR, Donetsk

where is HSR fix for lasers?

#139 Olrikus

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Well, It could be worse. Otherwise I say that it is hard to expect more from freeborns. Or they have a plan in mind.

#140 Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 358 posts

View Post42and19, on 18 June 2013 - 10:04 AM, said:

One thing that is nice about patches is that they can be....patched again.

I think one of the major issues with all mmos with pvp elements is that the people who tend to give feedback on the forums tend to be pissed off about something because they started loosing; and typically they try to blame a perceived unbalanced rather than shifting their tactics accordingly. I've seen a lot of game go through waves of "balancing" that weren't really balances but really just the developers trying to react to community feedback. And since that community feedback is......biased. The game ends up in shambles. I see that happening here.

I guess what I am trying to say is that this game is still in development. In fact the devs have said that this game will ALWAYS be in development. So it is our job as a community as a whole to try to give the best UNBIASED feedback we can.

Whats about some improvements then?
Do we see an increase of SRM damage by 0.25 to see, if there is room for another increase?
Do they reduce the cone of LBX by another 10% to see, if the usage of LBX increase?
Maybe a slight reduction of JJ shake?

After four weeks they increased the damage of MGs and flamers. Sorry, we need more frequent adjustment for all/most weapons. At least every two weeks, also every patch.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users