#321 Lostdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:53 AM

View PostZuesacoatl, on 19 June 2013 - 07:55 AM, said:

I was going to make a long post, but i figure there is enough animosity on these forums to fill a lance of Atlai. Please reread my post, what you say I do not address was addressed. Yes, i know they are a professional firm, and for once, they are acting like it. Instead of knee jerking a change into this patch, they held off. Something so many people on these forums have been screaming for them to do. "How did this bug get through, and how did that get through qc" etc etc. Yes, IMO I feel it is ignorant to claim they did nothing. Unless they have footage of the devs sitting and playing mario cart all day, how can you make that claim?

One of the major reasons people are frustrated is there is very little communication from PGI and what little there is is not substantial and most of it is on Twitter. People were looking forward to this patch addressing some major issues like SRMs and then there is not a word about it in the patch notes, just that big things are coming in July.

People are starting to look at PGI like a deadbeat dad who is always saying he will pick you up this weekend but never shows up. The players' patience is rapidly dwindling because of this behavior. If something doesn't make it into a patch when planned I think people would be a lot more willing to give them more time if they offered some sort of explanation and gave some insight into what they are doing.

Weeks ago we were told they would be releasing details about CW over the coming weeks. There has not been a word about this. That makes people worry and start to think the worst.

Edited by Lostdragon, 19 June 2013 - 09:11 AM.

#322 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:56 AM

View PostRashhaverak, on 19 June 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

Maybe there was no change to SRMs because the devs think that over all, damage is too high and mech die to quickly. Maybe the SRM is at the correct damage value and the devs intend to lower all of the other weapon values to correspond. Maybe that's why LPLs were nerfed.

Maybe there was no change to SRMs because the devs think that over all, damage is too high and mech die to quickly. Maybe the SRM is at the correct damage value and the devs intend to lower all of the other weapon values to correspond. Maybe that's why LPLs were nerfed.

Maybe the devs are working to their own agenda, and don't read what is said in these forums, and all opinions are therefore effectively pointless :D

#323 Fishhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 265 posts
  • LocationMiddle TN

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:05 AM

View Postaniviron, on 18 June 2013 - 03:27 PM, said:

"Boating is bad and wrong and we are going to nerf it! In the mean time, have a mech with nine medium lasers for its default loadout, and a new chassis where the main variants all have almost exclusively medium lasers too."

Yeah I found this ironic with releasing both the Quickdraw and the Hunchback Champion mechs. I guess they'll scrap the Victor so that they can release a Zeus or Banshee for the Energy hardpoints. :D

#324 LoveLost85

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 138 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:14 AM

View PostLostdragon, on 19 June 2013 - 08:53 AM, said:

One of the major reasons people are frustrated is there is very little communication from PGI and what little there is is not substantial and most of it is on Twitter. People were looking forward to this patch addressing some major issues like SRMs and then there is not a word about it in the patch notes, just that big things are coming in July.

People are starting to look at PGI like a deadbeat dad who is always saying he will pick you up this weekend but never shows up. The players' patience is rapidly dwindling because of this behavior. If something doesn't make it into a patch when planned I think people would be a lot more willing to give them more time if they offered some sort of explanation and gave some insight into what they are doing.

Weeks ago we were told they would be releasing details about CW over the coming weeks. There has not been a word about this. That makes people worry and start to think the worst.

"things in july" is a typo :D he ment jan

#325 Arken Chief

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:23 AM

now, all my game does is crash :D

#326 DeathofSelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 655 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:25 AM

View PostLoveLost85, on 19 June 2013 - 09:14 AM, said:

"things in july" is a typo :D he ment jan

No, I'm sure he meant July 2014

#327 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:35 AM

View PostArken Chief, on 19 June 2013 - 10:23 AM, said:

now, all my game does is crash :D

Have you tried the repair tool and /or a fresh install? Did a fresh install about 2 months ago when everyone (incl me) was CTDing in 9/10 matches, have had maybe 5 CTD since then :D

Edited by Zerberus, 19 June 2013 - 10:35 AM.

#328 ove bababoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:00 AM

View PostLostdragon, on 19 June 2013 - 08:53 AM, said:

One of the major reasons people are frustrated is there is very little communication from PGI and what little there is is not substantial and most of it is on Twitter.

Yeah, PGI should call Chris Roberts and ask him how to talk with community! He can teach you a lot.

#329 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:11 AM

Anyone else have HSR-fail with this patch? I keep seeing shots pass through people that are sitting completely still (earlier happend with a commando when he and I both had 30-40 ping) and again just now had a jaggermech shut down I shot him and it with through his ct and kept on going into the air with no damage registering. Trying to break in this lame mule that is the quickdraw is hard enough with out having to deal with this buggy crap.

Edited by Mason Grimm, 20 June 2013 - 04:55 AM.
Edited out offensive wording

#330 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:26 AM

I've come to the conclusion that the Orion was moved back so it could be apart of a big event, like CW or UI2.0 launch.

I say this because for the "different meta" of the Quickdraw, it's effectively only usable as an arm-mounted energy boat with horrendous hit detection. Unless "Lots of arm mounted PPCs, that's what we're missing!" was a thing someone said.

I could totally buy that being a thing.

#331 Victor Morson

• Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:43 AM

View Postove bababoke, on 19 June 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

Yeah, PGI should call Chris Roberts and ask him how to talk with community! He can teach you a lot.

He has some of the absolute best design documentation people I have ever seen. It makes even the most detailed AAA game design doc I've seen look like a Wikipedia cliff notes version of a movie.

Plus, it's all reasonable and time has put into thinking out every aspect.

Edited by Victor Morson, 19 June 2013 - 11:44 AM.

#332 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:44 AM

View PostVon Falkenstein, on 19 June 2013 - 07:31 AM, said:

Nerf
The
Friggin

PPCs

With an advanced system of convergence/non-convergence.

#333 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:46 AM

View PostJun Watarase, on 19 June 2013 - 02:01 AM, said:

I cant believe how little work was in this patch (unless of course, you have a ton of undocumented changes. I can't figure out why we ALWAYS have undocumented changes in patch notes. This has been happening since closed beta.)

-Nobody cares about the quickdraw. It cant gauss, ppc or ac20 boat (at least not effectively). Its an energy/missle hybrid....and we already have the catapult for that role. Although the quickdraw is obviously superior because the cockpit isn't smack dab in the middle of the CT. Oh and it can mount a larger engine than the catapult. So yea pretty much no reason ever to use the catapult.

-Quickdraw is also going to fail hard because it is a 60 ton mech. Going 81 kph doesn't matter a damn because you are still easy to hit at 81 kph. It's the same reason why the dragon is unpopular...it's too lightly armed and armored for a heavy mech. It can't play with the cataphracts or jagermechs. When taking a dragon or quickdraw means that the other team possibly ends up with a dual gauss or dual ac20 boat, it is a serious disadvantage. Its like taking a cicada when taking a cicada means that the other team gets a HBK-4SP with much higher firepower.

-Absolutely nothing was done to address the current metagame of gauss, ppc and AC20 boating.

-Nothing was done to fix the dodgy hit detection (particularly for ballistics) that has been reported by people with sub 100 ms ping.

-Matchmaking is still broken, still not enforcing weight class restrictions and frequently pits teams with mutiple lights against a team with none.

-Sync dropping to pit 2 premades of 7-8 people against a team of randoms, not fixed.

-Nothing was done about alpine peaks, possibly the worst map in the game now (walk for 5 mins without seeing a single enemy mech, sure is exciting!). Even taking it out of the rotation would have been preferable.

Conclusion : patch with little substance, failed to address any of the top priority issues in the game currently.

View PostZuesacoatl, on 19 June 2013 - 01:25 AM, said:

ANDDDD you know this how? Ohh wait, thats right, your amazing game design studio that you run, and atm are developing a AAA shooter/sim title with such a passionate community(and ignorant forum voices) that you know exactly what it takes to make MWO:Mercs, in fact, you made a game just like it yesterday?!?!?!?!

Come on people, I understand the internet is where you can be all you ever wanted to be and no one will ever know the truth, but to say they did nothing with such authority as if you know what it takes to make a game of this caliber? And it is not only you, but 99% of the ignorant tards posting in this thread that are SCREAMING they have been had, and that all it takes is a change in an XML file and viola? really, have you ever coded even a mod for WoW? one little change can break the whole damn thing.

Please, educate yourselves before you post your ignorance on these forums. If you can do PGIs job, they have a now hiring sign up, use it. If not, keep your ignorance to yourself.

Look at the list above, those are things that have not been fixed or included yet. It wouldn't even be my list, my list could be added to that and there are even more lists out there. What you (2nd poster) expect us to do is congratulate and thank PGI for all they do and end with a period or a big smilie face. The fact is they throw out features or fixes they intend on doing and they don't come to pass. If a deadline or a fix or a feature cannot be done COMMUNICATE that rather than keeping the community in the dark. You think I'm not grateful for a Mechwarrior game because I complain? I am grateful and I've spend nearly $500 to show it. But, there are PLENTY of games that compete for our time and I personally don't think PGI has the competitive spirit. Make us want Mechwarrior. How do they do that? Communicate and then deliver. They aren't....

Edited by Coolant, 19 June 2013 - 11:47 AM.

#334 Victor Morson

• Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:06 PM

View PostJun Watarase, on 19 June 2013 - 02:01 AM, said:

-Absolutely nothing was done to address the current metagame of gauss, ppc and AC20 boating.

When a newbie PUGger sees an twin AC/20 'mech, they crap themselves and call for fixes.

When a veteran sees a twin AC/20 'mech, they see lunch.

... not one of the current 'mechs that can run that setup (Jagger, K2) is durable enough to do it. The Jagger is a joke with it's massive side torsos that pop like a balloon and the K2's head is a kick me sign. Until the Victor is actually released, being upset about AC/20s is just silly.

Edited by Victor Morson, 19 June 2013 - 12:08 PM.

#335 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:44 PM

View PostProphetic, on 18 June 2013 - 01:14 PM, said:

You believe 12 mans will be implemented before launch? Like CW was supposed to last Nov. right?

5-7 will not be implemented? Ever? Where does it say this?

People have wanted CW before people even put a flamer on a mech. So what? I guess all those people also want 3rd person? Bottom line is patching is about priorities and I believe PGI is way off here.

SRMs are a new phenomenon? What does that mean? They have completely shifted the balance of the game. Have flamers or machine guns done this?

How do you know PGI is waiting to see what happens? They nerfed Large pulse for no reason.

All of our questions have been answered in the Dev blogs? Give me some concrete answers on CW.

A fanz boy is a fanz boy I guess. Some of us have real and valid concerns and refuse to just believe anything we are told at this point until we see some action.

Oh PGI redacted we should be betting 2-11 sometime in the next milllenium doncha know.

#336 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:51 PM

View PostAppogee, on 19 June 2013 - 08:56 AM, said:

Maybe the devs are working to their own agenda, and don't read what is said in these forums, and all opinions are therefore effectively pointless :)

Here I was thinking that maybe there God of twitch War Director wanted this game to be more like that instead of a sim and is secretly planning on turning the mechs into humans with a pistol pocket knife. Speaking of which I know people want this E-sport and thats fine if they do "Solaris". For this game I want MechWarrior with a jersy as distant afterthought.

#337 BillyM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:28 PM

View PostVictor Morson, on 19 June 2013 - 12:06 PM, said:

When a newbie PUGger sees an twin AC/20 'mech, they crap themselves and call for fixes.

When a veteran sees a twin AC/20 'mech, they see lunch.

... not one of the current 'mechs that can run that setup (Jagger, K2) is durable enough to do it. The Jagger is a joke with it's massive side torsos that pop like a balloon and the K2's head is a kick me sign. Until the Victor is actually released, being upset about AC/20s is just silly.

You mean "when a veteran who runs 2/3ppc + gauss sees a twin-ac20 mech"...

Anyone who needs to engage the AC40 mechs within 500m fears them (for good reason).

--billyM

#338 ChuChuRo

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:29 PM

Just dropped in to say big thanks for the new champion Hunchback-4P(C) and making it trial. Having heaps of fun with it, the loadout is quite perfect :)

#339 Victor Morson

• Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:58 AM

View PostBillyM, on 19 June 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

You mean "when a veteran who runs 2/3ppc + gauss sees a twin-ac20 mech"...

Anyone who needs to engage the AC40 mechs within 500m fears them (for good reason).

--billyM

I took two out about two games back near alone with a Trebuchet. So no.

They are only dangerous if they can sneak up on you. That's when they are really deadly. Once you know they're there, things turn on them bad.

#340 Devil Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:30 AM

View PostVictor Morson, on 20 June 2013 - 03:58 AM, said:

I took two out about two games back near alone with a Trebuchet. So no.

They are only dangerous if they can sneak up on you. That's when they are really deadly. Once you know they're there, things turn on them bad.

Reminds me of the time I torso cored one in the cave on Forest colony in my Blackjack (we both had seismic but not what each other was) then cleaning up a second one at the cave exit. These things hurt, particularly if you don't spread their fire but otherwise the only one I fear is the K2 variant, even then you just JJ above or over them... one time I climb the hills just to get out of his line of fire and hammer him with the Blackjacks better reach.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users