- - - - -

Heat Scales And General Update - Feedback

1084 replies to this topic

Poll: Heat Scales And General Update - Feedback (2742 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want SRMs buffed to 2.0 damage until the hit detection is fixed?

1. Voted Yes, please do it, it’s better than nothing. (2007 votes [73.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 73.65%

2. Voted No, please wait until hit detection is working and balance it to where it’s supposed to be. (718 votes [26.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.35%

Vote

#81 BlackIronTarkus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationBehind you, breathing on your neck.

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:37 AM

Buff it to 2.0 for now, once you fixed the problem with hit detection, nerf it back.

#82 John MatriX82

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Problems with SRM and LRM boating? Use actual tube numbers to restrict them as I say in my sign.

The larger mechs will be in a world of hurt yes, but because of the new silly tube-like path of the SRMs.

I like Tennex idea:

View PostTennex, on 11 July 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

Could always do this:
Posted Image

but only if this dull flightpath has to stay; I'd like the previous pulse path, at least you knew at which distance the grouping was tighter and moved in to charge accordingly, now there's no payoff for those who maneuver to get up close and personal.

The result is long range distance fights, so LRMs, PPCs and so on.. I think LRMs should never be allowed to get past 50 count, and SRMs beyond 28 (CTPL-A1 only). Then you can bump damage farther..

#83 ApolloKaras

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Who exactly is asking for it to be @ 2.5?? The well thought out threads I've been seeing, they have been asking for 2.0 dmg...

#84 Shumabot

• 1,695 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

It's funny, because there are easy to implement systems to fix PPC and ac40 boating that don't involve decoupling convergence, screwing with heat scaling, or nerfing the awesome. Hell, these fixes don't even involve hardpoint sizes. Sadly PGI totally lacks any sort of creativity or ingenuity, so we just get bottom of the barrel fixes that never do what they're supposed to do.

#85 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

View PostShumabot, on 11 July 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

I love the fact that the SRM buff, something 100% of the playerbase wants, and wants visibly, is put to a vote while max alpha heat scaling, something the majority of the player base thinks is a terrible idea is getting pushed in without asking.

It's as if this poll is a farce.

Your post is a farce. the majority i know want the alpha penalties and think the SRM is fine and just needs a little tuning - including HSR issues being addressed first so we dont see another PPC fiasco.

#86 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

I also find it hilarious that Paul says "We aren't going to buff srms really because the splatcat is too strong" but then in then in the same post goes on to explain the 3-srm6 heat scale limit. I tried a splatcat on the test server for giggles (where the heat penalty is live) and can confirm that one alpha strike generated 54% heat on canyon. That did a pretty good job of stopping me dead in my tracks, I can say.

#87 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:39 AM

View PostTank Boy Ken, on 11 July 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

Has already happened on the Testserver, Hghlanders run 2xPPC, 1xER PPC and Gauss. Predicted by all good players WEEKS ago.

How do you know the new heat penalties are even reflected on the test servers, specifically the ones Paul mentioned only today?

Edited by Coolant, 11 July 2013 - 11:40 AM.

#88 Shumabot

• 1,695 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:41 AM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 11 July 2013 - 11:38 AM, said:

Your post is a farce. the majority i know want the alpha penalties and think the SRM is fine and just needs a little tuning - including HSR issues being addressed first so we dont see another PPC fiasco.

You... You don't know anyone.. Do you..?

#89 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:41 AM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 11 July 2013 - 11:38 AM, said:

The "majority you know" doesn't exist. Stop white-knighting.

#90 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:42 AM

View PostFupDup, on 11 July 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

The "majority you know" doesn't exist. Stop white-knighting.

equally the majority you know therefore must not exist.

#91 Shumabot

• 1,695 posts

View Postaniviron, on 11 July 2013 - 11:38 AM, said:

I also find it hilarious that Paul says "We aren't going to buff srms really because the splatcat is too strong" but then in then in the same post goes on to explain the 3-srm6 heat scale limit. I tried a splatcat on the test server for giggles (where the heat penalty is live) and can confirm that one alpha strike generated 54% heat on canyon. That did a pretty good job of stopping me dead in my tracks, I can say.

They have no idea what they're doing, they never look at how the systems they clearly design in isolation actually interact with eachother.

#92 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

I'm happy to take the risk of seeing splatcats again. After all I can always load up 3 SRM6 and an AC/20 w/ Med Lasers to deal with it.

#93 Shumabot

• 1,695 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:43 AM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 11 July 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

Read the posts above yours. Read the posts below yours.

Now you know our majority. Where is yours?

#94 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:44 AM

You can read from pretty much any forum post regarding this that a very huge proportion of forumwarriors think the change is a useless bandaid that doesn't solve underlying problems.

#95 GizmoGecko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 321 posts

I guess if SRM's go up, then perhaps some of the people who strive for the highest alpha will take off some PPC's in exchange for them.

So then they'd have to engage at a closer range to deliver that high alpha, instead of hiding in the back, sniping off 'mechs in a heartbeat.

I'd like to know how long they think it will take to fix hit detection, as they've got 'til August to find it, when the SRM buff will be implemented.

Edited by GizmoGecko, 11 July 2013 - 11:44 AM.

#96 Stoicblitzer

• 1,931 posts
  • LocationUSA

View PostDeathofSelf, on 11 July 2013 - 10:47 AM, said:

What about the stalkers that mount 2 PPCs and 2 ERPPCs? Can they still fire all 4 without penalty?

Posted Image

Edited by Stoicblitzer, 11 July 2013 - 11:44 AM.

#97 Budor

• 2,565 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:45 AM

View PostDeathofSelf, on 11 July 2013 - 10:47 AM, said:

What about the stalkers that mount 2 PPCs and 2 ERPPCs? Can they still fire all 4 without penalty?

This?!

#98 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

I suggest you go search the forum for "SRM", any thread with a poll posted in the last two months. You will note that in the polls, all of them have 75% or more supporting an SRM buff of some kind, and some polls have significantly better support, even.

Okay, your turn. Where's your majority?

Edited by aniviron, 11 July 2013 - 11:45 AM.

#99 Ras187

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 145 posts
  • LocationDenmark

think it looks good! lets see how it Works,,, JUST AS LONG AS IT TAKES CARE OF THE 6 PPC STALKER NOOBS

#100 ATao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:46 AM

I was waiting for this from the end of March. Just do it already. 2.0 at least.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users