137 replies to this topic

#21 Lonestar1771

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:26 PM

View Postwargames, on 11 June 2012 - 08:14 PM, said:

Going to leave some concept art by FD.

Can the bird have laZors shooting out of his eyes cause that would be sooo win.

#22 Safety Factor

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:38 PM

View PostGeorgy Zhukov, on 11 June 2012 - 06:09 PM, said:

Just wanted to show my support. I'm currently vice-treasurer of the New England and Canadian Maritimes Tetatae Role Playing and Cultural Appreciation Society. Quite a few of our members are looking forward to MWO, so I'm glad to see there is a Tetatae friendly culture within the game.

Do you represent Western Canada as well as the East? I have been looking to rejoin the Tetatae Role Playing and Cultural Appreciation Society (TRPCAS, pronounced "Trip-cas" for the uninitiated) since I left the States, but haven't had much luck. I think the club must move South during the winter, true to their (our) avian nature.

Fortunately, I will likely be moving back soon and will be able to resume membership in my home chapter.

#23 Hagetaka

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationMobile, AL

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:42 PM

View PostLonestar1771, on 11 June 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

Can the bird have laZors shooting out of his eyes cause that would be sooo win.

no

#24 Lonestar1771

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:49 PM

View PostHagetaka, on 11 June 2012 - 08:42 PM, said:

no

aw well, a man can dream...

#25 Max Liao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 695 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCrimson, Canopus IV

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:49 PM

View PostArthinas, on 11 June 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

As proud citizens of the Capellan Confederation it is our solemn duty to express solidarity with oppressed peoples everywhere, even if they happen to be feathered. The Korvin Doctrine clearly states that we have to work towards the common goals of the greater good, so we should clearly accept the Tetatae as our comrades.

"To prevent this, Korvin argues that all humans must identify themselves with a Greater Humanity, each individual serving the good of the Greater Civilization."
  • Birds don't count as people / humanity, so you'll be classified as pets. We'll concede to Avian-Capellans in order to placate space-PETA.
  • You will still be required to earn your citizenship in the manner which all non-native Capellans are required. It boils down to giving us stuff and saying neener-neener to the Davions (and occasionally the Mariks). You can say, neener-neener right? If not, SQUUUAAACK will do.
  • You must clean up all of your own messes. Seriously, no one wants to run behind you with a bag that size.

#26 Slammer

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationTuscaloosa AL

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:29 PM

View PostMax Liao, on 11 June 2012 - 09:49 PM, said:

"To prevent this, Korvin argues that all humans must identify themselves with a Greater Humanity, each individual serving the good of the Greater Civilization."
  • Birds don't count as people / humanity, so you'll be classified as pets. We'll concede to Avian-Capellans in order to placate space-PETA.
  • You will still be required to earn your citizenship in the manner which all non-native Capellans are required. It boils down to giving us stuff and saying neener-neener to the Davions (and occasionally the Mariks). You can say, neener-neener right? If not, SQUUUAAACK will do.
  • You must clean up all of your own messes. Seriously, no one wants to run behind you with a bag that size.

Also can you pilot a robot if so will we need to line the cockpit with news paper?

If a Davion soilder was to offer your squad crackers how would you respond?

#27 goblin

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 25 posts
  • LocationHopkins Minnesota

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:31 PM

View PostSlammer, on 11 June 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

Also can you pilot a robot if so will we need to line the cockpit with news paper?

If a Davion soilder was to offer your squad crackers how would you respond?

the same way any Capellan trooper answers to a concrete offer of food of any kind

#28 Supremacist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 287 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:32 PM

With his talons he will sweker
With his beak he will peck
With his wings he will soar
With his SQUAWK he will earn freedom.

#29 NOBLETETATAEWARRIOR

• PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSpace Bird is the WORD

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:49 PM

As a Noble warrior of the Tetatae, i wouldve expected house Laio to be gracious at being the one and only recipient of the only canon battletech alien race, and its superior warriors.
As clearly shown on page one we are given our own non mech warrior unit, true to battletech. Also our friend the lost space samurai can be played, but his speargun only works under water.

Edited by NOBLETETATAEWARRIOR, 11 June 2012 - 10:50 PM.

#30 PringlesPCant

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:20 AM

Countdown to getting locked by double standard mod Metro. No its okay for people to go on for 35 pages lying about goonswarm and how we eat babies but as soon as we start to poke some fun ourselves suddenly its wrong to insult people. All we are doing here is discussing canon sheesh.

Also how on Earth does a mod who quoted a derogatory and insulting comment about us saying that we only win through 'zerg' tactics, a statement that hasn't been true in over half a decade, then get to go and lock threads saying insulting people is wrong?

#31 TheKumquat

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:22 AM

Also make sure you screenshot any backseat moderation on the behalf of Adridos, or any of your posts, because they might all be edited out so that no arguments can be made about the content of those posts.

#32 Sanction

• PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationGrand Base

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:23 AM

It has definitely gotten rediculous. There is no reason for the double standard. Either nobody can flame, or everybody can. Frankly it was fun in the first place, and some people were taking it way too seriously.

#33 Firefly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 757 posts
  • LocationAtlanta GA

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:26 AM

I find it incredibly hilarious that self-entitled and self-appointed heads of canon factions in a universe not of their creation are abusing their moderator privileges, picking a side and directly engaging in flame wars with players who potentially will bring in money to the game.

This is why I went merc unit. Hey I wonder if I should consider myself head of the Mercenary Unit faction! Whaddaya say? As Supreme Prince Overlord King Missile of the Mercenary Combine, I would like to formally invite the noble Tetatae to serve as our premiere shock troops!

#34 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:33 AM

These birds are peaceloving...ehm...birds, so they wont like it being used as shockbirds.

#35 Nekki Basara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:35 AM

View PostPringlesPCant, on 12 June 2012 - 07:20 AM, said:

Countdown to getting locked by double standard mod Metro. No its okay for people to go on for 35 pages lying about goonswarm and how we eat babies but as soon as we start to poke some fun ourselves suddenly its wrong to insult people. All we are doing here is discussing canon sheesh.

Also how on Earth does a mod who quoted a derogatory and insulting comment about us saying that we only win through 'zerg' tactics, a statement that hasn't been true in over half a decade, then get to go and lock threads saying insulting people is wrong?
I like that you managed to post this at 4:20. Lowtax be praised! SQUAAAAWK!

#36 NOBLETETATAEWARRIOR

• PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSpace Bird is the WORD

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:37 AM

Squaaak imaginary Internet leader of house Laio violated Aeres convention on Goonthread!
Squaak clearly intention to pay massive amounts of [tenbux] into a f2p netgame is not deserving of player status!
Squaak must have squaaaked the mechwarrior games of dead platforms and 20 years ago to acheive such status as imaginary house leader with such power His e-mating plumage crest is truley the most squaakular.

#37 Urgewyrm

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:00 AM

SQUAAAAAWK! I'm still waiting to hear back from our Grorius Leader regarding the founding of Warrior House Tetatae so we may further intergrate ourselves with our righteous Liao nonfeathered brothers.

Sign here to help move the process along!

SQUAAAAAAWK! TENBUX SQUAAAAAAWK!

#38 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:14 AM

*hugs* You're adorable. All I can think of are the Manbirds from Ugly Americans whenever I read this thread.

#39 Illegal Username

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:22 AM

View PostNekki Basara, on 12 June 2012 - 07:35 AM, said:

I like that you managed to post this at 4:20. Lowtax be praised! SQUAAAAWK!
It is as was foretold in the books of lowtax

#40 PringlesPCant

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:25 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...33-fan-fiction/

This could use some more stories about the Tetatae.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users