- - - - -

Gameplay Update Feedback - July 30, 2013

230 replies to this topic

#101 Kattspya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:56 PM

PGI need someone to code a popup in game when selecting more weapons than whatever the threshold is per group. That is the only current way to explain it to newbies. It still has no reason but at least a newbie will know that more than two lasers or whatever receives more heat. You can not tell players UI2.0 when they don't even read forums. They just know the game got more buggy but now with heatspikes. Reading patch notes is not enough they are incomplete at best and somewhat difficult to find.

#102 Ken Fury

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:59 PM

View PostHorrace, on 30 July 2013 - 12:52 PM, said:

The new map is very pretty and impressively large, I know it seemed to take me ages to cross it in my Raven,

Best patch ever. Paul is a genius

#103 Coolwhoami

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 94 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:01 PM

Why don't we remove mech customization all together? The game would be so much easier to balance, AND I wouldn't have to make as many choices!

Edited by Coolwhoami, 30 July 2013 - 01:02 PM.

#104 Arbalister

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 254 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:01 PM

View PostKunae, on 30 July 2013 - 12:45 PM, said:

OB is release, for this arena-shooter with mech-skins. Whatever they choose to call it makes no difference.

They stopped really listening to feedback about the time they let founders in CB.

A bit after - since they trickled them in at first. It was when they changed to "buy founder today, start beta right away."

#105 MechFrog1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 630 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:06 PM

View PostZyllos, on 30 July 2013 - 12:50 PM, said:

I do not understand this mechanic change at all...

Why do we need more damage being dealt to internal structure. It adds absolutely nothing to this game. Why do you keep moving away from actually fixing mechanics instead of developing new mechanics as bandaids?

And then when you do this, the community gets no reasoning on why this is happening.

We all just have to be patient and wait for the noise to die down.

#106 Salient

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 538 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:08 PM

I think, you need to change your focus to what this game really needs: A MATCHMAKER THAT WORKS!

#107 MechFrog1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 630 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:10 PM

View PostSalient, on 30 July 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

I think, you need to change your focus to what this game really needs: A MATCHMAKER THAT WORKS!

No. We need 3rd person, 12v12, and only 2-3 workable weapons.

#108 Erata

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationGoro Company Dropship MK1, Long live Lord Shang Tsung.

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:13 PM

Stock Spider 5-Ds only. Following updates to improve capture score for lights, metagame becomes about capturing bases because it's the most efficient way to grind GXP.
Changes made due to monitoring buzzwords such as "GG, Noble Capwarriors" used within in-game chat.
Game literally becomes Capwarrior Online

#109 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,611 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:21 PM

What is the delay between firing that is considered not a group fire? Say I have 4 PPCs and I fire two, how long until I can fire the other two with no group-fire heat penalty?

#110 Kunae

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:23 PM

View PostLightfoot, on 30 July 2013 - 01:21 PM, said:

What is the delay between firing that is considered not a group fire? Say I have 4 PPCs and I fire two, how long until I can fire the other two with no group-fire heat penalty?

0.5s, or a hair more.

Edited by Kunae, 30 July 2013 - 01:24 PM.

#111 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:24 PM

0.5 seconds.

#112 Andrew Cranston

• PipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:24 PM

.5 seconds. The chain fire delay time.

#113 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,611 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:28 PM

View PostKunae, on 30 July 2013 - 01:23 PM, said:

0.5s, or a hair more.

rofl!

#114 Coolwhoami

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 94 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:42 PM

Actually, I changed my mind, we can have customization, but all weapons must be chain fired. That's the trick.

#115 East Indy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,240 posts
  • LocationPacifica Training School, waiting for BakPhar shares to rise

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:47 PM

View PostKattspya, on 30 July 2013 - 12:56 PM, said:

PGI need someone to code a popup in game when selecting more weapons than whatever the threshold is per group. That is the only current way to explain it to newbies.

That's only if their first instinct is to grab one high-powered weapon and cram three or more of it onto their 'Mech.

A general advisory in load-screens or in the Mechlab would be nice, if it weren't so enjoyable to watch munchkins deep-fry their rides.

#116 BlacKcuD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 229 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationmwo-builds.net

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:51 PM

I like the buff to pulse lasers. Everything else seems awkward. If you want to discourage PPC builds than just nerf PPCs and leave everything else where it is. If you change multiple things at once, each change heading in a different direction, only god knows what will happen (in this case nothing except even faster Mech deaths and more confusion!)

#117 Sprouticus

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il, USA

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:54 PM

My 2 cents:

1) ERLL needs a heat reduction
2) LPL will not beneifit from this unless you make it hitscan like the PPC is at 300m (which is a terrible idea IMO).
3) MPL might be off the shelf. (compared to the medium laser which is still a sendary weapon at best)

4) The crit damage change. As Thonoror pointed out, if this impacts larger weapons, there will be real problems

Example:

PPC hits for 10 damage to a echs internals
PPC crits
PPC does 10 iHP to a weapon in that slot, destroying some component.
PPC does 10 points of additional internal damage.

That would be REALLY bad. I don't even need to test to verify that.

If you made it lbx/mg/flamer only, that would be ok at least for testing.

Edited by Sprouticus, 30 July 2013 - 01:55 PM.

#118 sarkun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:55 PM

Soo... "aggressive weapon balancing" means that it takes about a month between a decision is announced to nerf a weapon's heat by ~10% to the actual nerf.

By the gods, at this speed, we might even get TWO weapons adjusted before the release.

It's so great that all of them are equally viable right now, else this might be problematic if the game is supposedly "almost ready".

#119 BigMekkUrDakka

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 213 posts
  • Locationland of AWESOME pilots

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:59 PM

please pgi release 3pv already so i can stop playing this downhill to bs game :)

and on the topic, how to play awesome(9 and 8q) now? using lasers suicidal due huge ct, and using ppc are not viable since you wont make any damage with **** poor heat dissipation that we have right now?

aand then you will release assaults able to load 2 gauss + ppc or whatever what are you going to do? B)

#120 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:02 PM

The LPL/MPL beam duration reduction is great.

I hope this is merely the beginning of further very minor tweaks to a wide selection of weapons. Far better to do weekly patches with very small changes than bi-monthly ones with sweeping modifications.

PPC/ERPPC heat getting bumped up a bit is also probably good. The ERLL heat being slightly reduced might be okay, depending on how it relates to the basic LL and the LPL; we'll have to wait and see.

The internal damage change is worded very vaguely and nearly impossible to parse. I'd love for some clarification on that.

All in all, it's great to have updates on the incoming changes. If nothing else it lets us know that you are working on balance going forward, which is great for morale and gives actual specifics for the forums to discuss (which in turn helps you out with your balance process).

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users