We need to organize and get ready!

153 replies to this topic

#81 Two Beans

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationDa Innur Speer

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:14 PM

View PostAtomfire, on 15 June 2012 - 05:26 PM, said:

P.S. Mute button, for when some numbnut tries to use the coms for DJ night.

Real DJs don't need comms. We got badman soundsystems on our mechs.

#82 Lupine

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:54 AM

Asian Stir-Fried Duck and Vegetables recipe

Ingredients:

3 dried black mushrooms.
1 duck, (about 3 to 4 lb).
1 ½ teaspoons of cornstarch.
1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
½ cup of bamboo shoots.
½ cup of water chestnuts.
2 tablespoons of oil and 1 tablespoon of oil.
½ cup of stock.
1 tablespoon of sherry.
1 teaspoon of salt.
Directions:

Soak the dried black mushrooms.

Remove the meat from duck breast and legs and dice into 1-inch cubes.

Blend the cornstarch and soy sauce, then add to duck and toss gently.

Allow to stand for about 30 minutes.

Dice the bamboo shoots and soaked mushrooms.

Slice the water chestnuts.

Heat 2 tablespoons of oil and stir-fry the duck until it changes color (about 3 minutes), then remove from pan. Drain fat from pan.

Heat 1 tablespoon of oil and stir-fry the mushrooms, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts; for about 3 minutes.

Add the stock, sherry and salt, and heat quickly; then cook, covered, 3 minutes, over medium heat.

Return duck and simmer, covered, until done.

#83 Ptath

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:09 AM

I see no reason to worry about other warriors...they all die & so do their mechs.....I do sooo love bird hunting I am excited they are willing to be my targets.

#84 Vandal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:18 AM

View PostPtath, on 21 June 2012 - 08:09 AM, said:

I see no reason to worry about other warriors...they all die & so do their mechs.....I do sooo love bird hunting I am excited they are willing to be my targets.

These posts are my favorite posts. Adorable posts. Posted Image

#85 Thoth

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:40 AM

Ha! True enough...

#86 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,724 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:43 AM

"All will Fall"

#87 Zerstorer Stallin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 683 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:47 AM

I come here now to just read how well HOUSE GOONSWARM Liao is lead you guys. Ah good times.

#88 Vandal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

View PostZerstorer Stallin, on 21 June 2012 - 10:47 AM, said:

I come here now to just read how well HOUSE GOONSWARM Liao is lead you guys. Ah good times.

I change my mind, this is the most precious post on the forums. You're adorable! Posted Image

Edited by Vandal, 21 June 2012 - 11:03 AM.

#89 fil5000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationInternet County, USA

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:12 AM

View PostLupine, on 21 June 2012 - 07:54 AM, said:

Asian Stir-Fried Duck and Vegetables recipe

Ingredients:

3 dried black mushrooms.
1 duck, (about 3 to 4 lb).
1 ½ teaspoons of cornstarch.
1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
½ cup of bamboo shoots.
½ cup of water chestnuts.
2 tablespoons of oil and 1 tablespoon of oil.
½ cup of stock.
1 tablespoon of sherry.
1 teaspoon of salt.
Directions:

Soak the dried black mushrooms.

Remove the meat from duck breast and legs and dice into 1-inch cubes.

Blend the cornstarch and soy sauce, then add to duck and toss gently.

Allow to stand for about 30 minutes.

Dice the bamboo shoots and soaked mushrooms.

Slice the water chestnuts.

Heat 2 tablespoons of oil and stir-fry the duck until it changes color (about 3 minutes), then remove from pan. Drain fat from pan.

Heat 1 tablespoon of oil and stir-fry the mushrooms, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts; for about 3 minutes.

Add the stock, sherry and salt, and heat quickly; then cook, covered, 3 minutes, over medium heat.

Return duck and simmer, covered, until done.

Reported for racism, death threats and cannibalism.

#90 Zerstorer Stallin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 683 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:35 PM

View PostVandal, on 21 June 2012 - 11:00 AM, said:

I change my mind, this is the most precious post on the forums. You're adorable! Posted Image

Now this is as precious as it gets. He can post like a normal, reasonable person, but the minute someone "ruffles his feathers" (see what I did there?) he resorts to his high school drama club days. I'd say your adorable.... but I'd be lying. The really ironic part is this whole discussion should really have nothing to do with you or anyone in ANOTHER HOUSE. YOUR NOT IN HOUSE DAVION. I know you played with the "old elite" guys and you all still have found memories of those days. I think House Davion can do fine with this problem on our own. I'm sure anyone who isn't a good ole gamer from the other online battletech game would agree. I'm also sure that the posts that will follow will be all guys from that group who disagree. Whats even funnier is the more this group push people out that don't have ties to them, the more they WILL divide this house. So by all means, lead on! I'm not worried as my group is organized, ready and capable. We ( and perhaps some other like minded groups) will do well no matter how jacked up this turns out.

#91 Lupine

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:36 PM

View Postfil5000, on 21 June 2012 - 11:12 AM, said:

Reported for racism, death threats and cannibalism.

First off I never said what condition the duck had to be when you found it so no death threat more like scavenging. Cannibilism is not a forum violation...I think. I'm pretty sure Ducks aren't a race, so all of your points have been refuted and btw I was thinking just a nice lemon pepper rub instead...thoughts?

#92 fil5000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationInternet County, USA

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:46 PM

View PostLupine, on 21 June 2012 - 12:36 PM, said:

First off I never said what condition the duck had to be when you found it so no death threat more like scavenging. Cannibilism is not a forum violation...I think. I'm pretty sure Ducks aren't a race, so all of your points have been refuted and btw I was thinking just a nice lemon pepper rub instead...thoughts?

You MONSTER.

#93 Vandal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:10 PM

View PostZerstorer Stallin, on 21 June 2012 - 12:35 PM, said:

Now this is as precious as it gets. He can post like a normal, reasonable person, but the minute someone "ruffles his feathers" (see what I did there?) he resorts to his high school drama club days. I'd say your adorable.... but I'd be lying. The really ironic part is this whole discussion should really have nothing to do with you or anyone in ANOTHER HOUSE. YOUR NOT IN HOUSE DAVION. I know you played with the "old elite" guys and you all still have found memories of those days. I think House Davion can do fine with this problem on our own. I'm sure anyone who isn't a good ole gamer from the other online battletech game would agree. I'm also sure that the posts that will follow will be all guys from that group who disagree. Whats even funnier is the more this group push people out that don't have ties to them, the more they WILL divide this house. So by all means, lead on! I'm not worried as my group is organized, ready and capable. We ( and perhaps some other like minded groups) will do well no matter how jacked up this turns out.

Ya'll cute as hell because you think you are super clever and smart + funny but you are just regular pubs with gigantic egos and and an over-inflated sense of self worth. Every thread has to be about your group and your posts are either randomly attacking people who disagree with you or parroting the same dumb thing that's already been said before. Nobody is intimated or afraid, we are laughing at you. Every time I see a post with the Blackbeard's Rangers tag without the name Jack Gallows next to it feels like a birthday present to me, personally!
I don't quite understand how a dude who is that chill and intelligent can deal with a team as unprofessional and immature as the majority of the lot of you, tripping over yourselves to make the biggest fool possible. I mean it's going to be pretty hard to top calling a polite poster just stating their opinion, 'human filth that deserves to be publicly executed'. I was a pretty big fan of making fake accounts to spam harassment to a single player in the house liao forum though, a nice touch. It's not intimidating, and you aren't going to PSYCHE US OUT by posting the most lowbrow, thuggish, objectionable dreck imaginable. It's just embarrassing for the group. Alienating all the players of the house you are trying to Merc for isn't a very sound tactic.

I'll say this one last time for the benefit of everybody in House Davion: No, goons are not trying to control you through evil master-plans and manipulation, we aren't that smart. Everybody who has posted a suggestion in one of these command/organization threads has done so out of the geniuine interest of theory-crafting. Nobody cares about who is in what factions because being seriously upset or territorial over your internet robit house is dumb as hell, we are just offering advice as a community that has had a high degree of organization throughout it's game playing career.

Also, we don't care about HONOR/COURAGE/INTEGRITY/PROFESSIONALISM because we just play to have fun and be cool chill dudes, a heads up.

View PostLupine, on 21 June 2012 - 12:36 PM, said:

I'm a bigger fan of orange, really.

Edited by Vandal, 21 June 2012 - 01:25 PM.

#94 13lackRain

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationOlympia, WA, USA

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:13 PM

First off, lemme just say that I freely and with much enthusiasm, shoot at goons whenever possible in EVE. It will be no different here in MWO.

Do we have a list of the major corporations of House Davion available?

Someone earlier suggested that while we don't need to be afraid of goons here, we should be prepared. I agree, so lemme get caught up on all the important stuff I missed while I was putting a new coat of paint on my mech.

#95 Zerstorer Stallin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 683 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:30 PM

Uh seriously Vandal, what in hades are you mumbling about? The only time I've came back sharp at you is when you or one of your lackeys started the drama. As to who's laughing at who, I'd say it goes both ways. I'll even go out on a limb here. I say we start over. Right here right now. Like two adults who like stalking others in "big internet robots". Ten to one we would be friends, if it wasn't for the unbelievable ability of some to try and control to much crap. So as serious as I can be, which has its moments, I would like to say if some how I've offended you then I'm sorry. I want nothing more than to enjoy MWO, to be in a competitive house and have fun. So can you do the same or am I wasting my time? Are you the Goon or are you just another battletech geek so overjoyed that this game is happening you can hardly believe your luck. Who knows maybe a few months from now after we finish a match we can all sit down on TS and discuss how stupid this whole thing is. Of course there is always plan B, we stare at each other across the room thinking how stupid the other one is and get our friends to make us feel like what we mutter is true, based on how much better one is versus the other. So what do you say?

BTW Jack is pretty together, so thanks.

PS Pheasant is better with a good whiskey.

#96 Supremacist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 287 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:41 PM

Are blackburns raiders from the midwest US? I cant help but picture a nice gentle farmer person, whenever one of them posts.
Its so precious.
lets keep the thread focused on the issue at hand, and thats organizing the AFFS CoC under specific leadership.

#97 marcus elgin

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 53 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:24 PM

You should have people interested in positions organize a bake sale or lemonade stand or something. The one who makes the most money is the one fit to lead. Or the one who killed or blackmailed all of his rivals, that's probably the Davion way to do it.

#98 Bastard Ken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:35 PM

A house may be large or small; as long as the neighboring houses are likewise small, it satisfies all social requirement for a residence. But let there arise next to the little house a palace, and the little house shrinks to a hut. The little house now makes it clear that its inmate has no social position at all to maintain, or but a very insignificant one; and however high it may shoot up in the course of civilization, if the neighboring palace rises in equal or even in greater measure, the occupant of the relatively little house will always find himself more uncomfortable, more dissatisfied, more cramped within his four walls.

#99 Amberlance

• PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:04 AM

A herd of petite-bourgeois drones trying to organise their house of cards is pitiable. Toy kings playing soldiers without Strength, Wisdom or Comradeship. Without the true freedom provided Capellan Federation of Planets' People's Democracy, Davion's autocannons will become flaccid before our erect might.

A thousand robot drivers, each mumbling to an uncaring void; their words turn to ash with no comrade to hear. Submit yourself before the incandescent shaft of House Laoi and be reborn.

Edited by Amberlance, 22 June 2012 - 03:05 AM.

#100 Aylward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 606 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:51 AM

it's amusing to see how much people from other factions are so concerned about how we might organize, and how they might better trash talk in more than their own forums... :rolleyes:

Edited by Aylward, 22 June 2012 - 07:07 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users