#1141 Woopass

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 209 posts
  • LocationTacoma, WA

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:01 AM

View PostAdamBaines, on 28 August 2013 - 11:44 AM, said:

Curse you MWO!!! Curse you till the ends of the earth!!! You have found my weakness.......

(Hands over $30)

........I am shamed.

LOL yes SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

#1142 BA Dillard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO.

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:42 AM

Here is hoping the Griffin and the Wolvie are better than the Shadow Hawk. Have been unlucky with it so far. My Trebs are better.

#1143 Rhaythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:54 AM

View PostBA Dillard, on 25 October 2013 - 03:42 AM, said:

Here is hoping the Griffin and the Wolvie are better than the Shadow Hawk. Have been unlucky with it so far. My Trebs are better.

It's taken me a little bit to figure out what works for me. Given the weird arrangement of mount points on the chassis, coming up with a non-complicated-yet-effecitve build took me a little time.

#1144 Masterzinja

• PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:13 AM

Shadowhawks start working a lot better when you get a 325 or larger engine in them. Then you can actually start using speed/mobility along with their weapon loadout.

#1145 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:08 AM

The Shadow Hawk is the first medium 'Mech I can actually stand to spend a lot of seat time in. However, ballistics aren't my thing. I'm looking forward to the Griffin, as it's got the hardpoints I like -- energy and missile -- plus the mobility from jump jets. December 17th can't come fast enough...

#1146 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:55 PM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 25 October 2013 - 10:08 AM, said:

The Shadow Hawk is the first medium 'Mech I can actually stand to spend a lot of seat time in. However, ballistics aren't my thing. I'm looking forward to the Griffin, as it's got the hardpoints I like -- energy and missile -- plus the mobility from jump jets. December 17th can't come fast enough...

I'm the opposite. I am actually wishing there were a lot more Phoenix mechs with ballistic hardpoints - seems like 95% of them are energy heavy. Of those that do have ballistics, most of them are low mounted - I swear my Battlemasters drag their barrels in the dirt, for example...so the shadow hawk happens to be my favorite mech because of the high ballistics mount, though the torso mount is much harder to run-and-gun with than my jaegers (I should probably just arm-lock them...meh)

#1147 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:12 AM

What about another Reinforcement Package?
Posted Image

#1148 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:59 AM

View PostOdanan, on 08 November 2013 - 08:12 AM, said:

Posted Image

I sure hope the Warhammer doesn't look like that...

#1149 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:02 AM

View PostOdanan, on 08 November 2013 - 08:12 AM, said:

Posted Image

They wouldn't be able to spend all the money they made off that package.

ETA: Of course HG might try and take it regardless ;)

Edited by Belorion, 08 November 2013 - 09:02 AM.

#1150 DirePhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:15 AM

View PostBelorion, on 08 November 2013 - 09:02 AM, said:

They wouldn't be able to spend all the money they made off that package.

ETA: Of course HG might try and take it regardless ;)

HG can't touch the TRO:Project Phoenix designs. They've been in use for a DECADE now. PGI can't technically use sourcebook art (they'd have to license the art from Topps, which they don't). However, there is nothing preventing PGI from making an iteration based off the TRO:Project Phoenix designs*, which HG still wouldn't be able to touch as long as it doesn't look like the Macross art.

The question is, will YOU be able to accept something that doesn't look like the Macross art?

*ALL of MWO's art is an "iteration" of the sourcebook art, and not actual sourcebook art.

Edited by DirePhoenix, 08 November 2013 - 09:16 AM.

#1151 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:16 AM

How about to set things in to overdrive and give us these, I really don't mind if they do. ;)
Spoiler

P.S. It's have ballistic hardpoints, let's see how AC20 fits there. :)

#1152 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:25 AM

View PostTank, on 08 November 2013 - 09:16 AM, said:

How about to set things in to overdrive and give us these, I really don't mind if they do. ;)
Spoiler

P.S. It's have ballistic hardpoints, let's see how AC20 fits there. :)

I loved LAMs in TT, but that was just because I could abuse the rules. Let's get conventional aerospace fighters before we worry about hybrids, lol!

View PostDirePhoenix, on 08 November 2013 - 09:15 AM, said:

HG can't touch the TRO:Project Phoenix designs. They've been in use for a DECADE now. PGI can't technically use sourcebook art (they'd have to license the art from Topps, which they don't). However, there is nothing preventing PGI from making an iteration based off the TRO:Project Phoenix designs*, which HG still wouldn't be able to touch as long as it doesn't look like the Macross art.

The question is, will YOU be able to accept something that doesn't look like the Macross art?

*ALL of MWO's art is an "iteration" of the sourcebook art, and not actual sourcebook art.

This is exactly my issue with the warhammer silhouette you put in that image. The Marauder one is pretty bad too, but I could probably live with it. The warhammer, though, I don't think I could handle. Too tall and gangly... Needs to be more tankish - like a hammer, not a curling iron.

#1153 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:28 AM

View PostDirePhoenix, on 08 November 2013 - 09:15 AM, said:

It's a tad more complicated than just that. There is no guaranty that the images won't bring a law suit anyway. Which is just as bad as having a losing case (Its questionable if it would be a losing case in the first place).

Defending a case you can win still costs money.

#1154 DirePhoenix

• 1,565 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:48 AM

View PostBelorion, on 08 November 2013 - 09:28 AM, said:

It's a tad more complicated than just that. There is no guaranty that the images won't bring a law suit anyway. Which is just as bad as having a losing case (Its questionable if it would be a losing case in the first place).

Defending a case you can win still costs money.

WHAT CASE?!?!

Catalyst/Topps have had no issues with their Project Phoenix art and are still using it after TEN YEARS. Shimmering Sword's art for the MAD-4X was used on the cover of XTRO:Succession Wars last year (actually published exactly one year ago)!

There is only a case if it looks like the Macross art. There is no case if you make something that is not based off the Macross art.

There should be no more issue of making designs based off the current project phoenix source material than there is with making deigns based off any other mech from any other current sourcebook, which is to say "no issues at all".

Edited by DirePhoenix, 08 November 2013 - 09:58 AM.

#1155 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:42 AM

View PostDirePhoenix, on 08 November 2013 - 09:48 AM, said:

WHAT CASE?!?!

Catalyst/Topps have had no issues with their Project Phoenix art and are still using it after TEN YEARS. Shimmering Sword's art for the MAD-4X was used on the cover of XTRO:Succession Wars last year (actually published exactly one year ago)!

There is only a case if it looks like the Macross art. There is no case if you make something that is not based off the Macross art.

There should be no more issue of making designs based off the current project phoenix source material than there is with making deigns based off any other mech from any other current sourcebook, which is to say "no issues at all".

For those still in doubt: this.^

#1156 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:04 PM

Really? I'm loving the SHK. Two of mine have k/ds of about 4 and 3 respectively. (The 5M will probably get sold though -_-).

Edited by Appogee, 10 November 2013 - 12:04 PM.

#1157 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:05 PM

Love the SHD variants... very versatile and capable of many load-outs... working on my Thunderbutts now... damn they are fat LOL! Locusts... don't try fighting alone lol... you'll die. Burlymasters :) played a couple rounds, Assaults are not my thing but I wanted to buy them anyways LOL! Definitely waiting for the Saber Mechs in Dec! -_-

#1158 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:14 PM

View PostAppogee, on 10 November 2013 - 12:04 PM, said:

Really? I'm loving the SHK. Two of mine have k/ds of about 4 and 3 respectively. (The 5M will probably get sold though :P).

What's a SHK?

View PostGrendel408, on 10 November 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

Love the SHD variants... very versatile and capable of many load-outs... working on my Thunderbutts now... damn they are fat LOL! Locusts... don't try fighting alone lol... you'll die. Burlymasters :P played a couple rounds, Assaults are not my thing but I wanted to buy them anyways LOL! Definitely waiting for the Saber Mechs in Dec! :P

I must be odd. I like the SHD well enough, and have had some good numbers with it, but it isn't nearly as fun for me as either the Locust or BMaster. The locust makes a great sniper and spotter, though it would be perfect with an ECM. The BMaster is probably my favorite, though, whether as a missile boat or a fast energy boat. It is a quick version of a highlander, making it perfect for my play-style, albeit without jump jets, which took some getting used to. The high energy hardpoints are just awesome for sniping.

#1159 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:05 AM

in Mw4, used the Shawk with a gauss rifle. this mech was made for sniping headshots. haven't tried to master any of the variants yet, to busy with other mechs. but when I do will be having fun with the Gauss, say cheese Posted Image

#1160 N a p e s

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:48 AM

I'm looking forward to the Wolverine for that sweet arm mounted ballistic. I just hope the chassis is as XL friendly as the Shadowhawk or else its gonna be tough to fit the larger ACs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users