292 replies to this topic

#41 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:26 AM

Here's a test you can do, make three groups of two of the lasers. And measure the time to overheat when you chain fire all groups simultaneously.

#42 Jun Watarase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:23 AM

Uh, why? Obviously chain firing would reduce the time to overheat because you are firing slower....

#43 evilC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:13 AM

Gave it a quick whirl and here are my thoughts:

On a big monitor (1920x1200 here), there is quite a lot of wasted space.
The left pane can be a little cumbersome to expand and collapse the trees - maybe a tabbed list would be better?

When viewing engines, there are no mouseovers or anything to tell you the heatsink capacity. Maybe simply adding the number in brackets after the engine name would solve this.

How about making the reference section viewable in a diff pane? eg make another pane at the bottom containing the missile/ballistic/energy reference section. That way, we can see more relevant info for our build with less navigation.

Also, I think a 2:1 ratio would be a prudent addition to the quick select for armor.

Could you also add a "time to dissipate one shot" stat? ie the time it takes to cool down again after one alpha.

Finally, it would also be nice to be able to see the heat stats adjusted for each map. Could you add a dropdown to the heat section? "Normal/Terra Therma/Frozen" etc...

Looking nice so far - keep up the good work!

#44 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:13 PM

@Jun
If you want to continue this discussion, please hit me up on comstar NA I'm usually on EU evenings. I do not wish to derail this thread further.

@EvilC
I have two 1920×1200 displays and I know what you mean but it has to be usable on smaller resolution displays too so I'm careful of filling up all space :D

The equipment pane is a known issue (https://github.com/E...lsml/issues/138) it's been reworked already and will be released in 1.3.0 due out in 16 days. You can see a preview on the G+ page (linked in OP) if you're interested.

Having the references as a pane isn't a bad idea. l will look into that, thanks!

Each pilot has their own preference for armor distribution, while I don't want the menu to grow crazy large with every possible combination of x:y, I will consider adding popular choices. So please open a ticket on github and if a few more players comment on it I'll add it.

Adding new stats is easy, finding a place to display it is difficult :o Can you explain to met what you seek to gain from this stat? If you had to pick one stat that had to go to make room for this which would it be?

Map heat is already planned for 1.4.0 (https://github.com/E...lsml/issues/208) due out in a about two months.

#45 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:41 AM

@Jun
Trust him, he is correct. Ghost heat probably does not work how you think it does. See here.

View PostLi Song, on 28 December 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

Adding new stats is easy, finding a place to display it is difficult ;) Can you explain to met what you seek to gain from this stat? If you had to pick one stat that had to go to make room for this which would it be?

Map heat is already planned for 1.4.0 (https://github.com/E...lsml/issues/208) due out in a about two months.

Hmm, thinking about it, the map heat would probably do, and that could be shoehorned in without any loss of space (The "Cooling Eff" line is centered and has whitespace either side, so a dropdown could be added inline there.

#46 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:49 AM

Submitted a (minor) bug:
https://github.com/E...lsml/issues/213

#47 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 29 December 2013 - 01:29 PM

@EvilC
It's "she" if you don't mind please, not everyone who plays this game or programs is a man...

I can't reproduce that bug, can you try the 1.3.0-RC1 release and see if your issue still persists? It's linked only on the G+ page as it's only a rc release.

#48 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:37 AM

Seems like the "Bug" was really a "Feature".

And apologies for the gender confusion, I missed the obvious clue of your name on github. No relation to that crazy Icelandic singer I take it?

#49 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:14 PM

Any relation to crazy people, real or fictional is purely coincidental ;p

#50 Dauphni

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:39 PM

Great tool! It's very nice to have an offline mechlab utility in addition to all the online ones.

One nitpick: the plural of ‘chassis’ is also ‘chassis’, not ‘chassii’. Also, I'd love to see an option for symmetrically adjusting armour values.

#51 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:49 PM

@Uite

That's a good idea. I've added that as isse #218 (https://github.com/E...lsml/issues/218), the misspelling is kind of intentional. I like to the "latin-ized" plural forms of nouns such as virii, octupi, atlai, even though they are not completely correct. :P I'll probably change it when I get around to reworking that section of the UI (It's on my todo list)

#52 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:19 AM

LSML 1.3.0 Adjusting Actuators

Changes in 1.3.0 (2014-01-12):
* Trampoline links, you can now share LSML builds using HTTP links so they will work in teamspeak, forums etc.
* Undo support in the garage and mech loadout.
* Max sustained DPS will now not assume all weapons are in range (SLAS and LRMs will not stack etc).
* In relation to the above, you are now able to choose the range to calculate DPS for or select "optimal".
* Ghost heat is calculated for an alpha strike and showing in the heat panel of your loadout.
* Better crash/issue reporting, when an exception is not caught an error will be shown to the user with instructions to email it to the devs.
* You can now pin LSML to the windows 7/8 taskbar.
* DPS and heat metrics now can take your fast fire efficiency into account.
* Weapons are now sorted in a more reasonable manner.
* Minor color tweaks.
* Fixing more dialog boxes appearing in the wrong place.
* The heat sinks number will turn red if you have less than 10 to signify you can't launch the mech.
* The graph legends for DPS graph have been moved to a better location inside the graph area.
* Rewrote the weapon summary table to fix a few display bugs.
* Fixed a few null-pointer exception bugs.

Edited by Li Song, 07 May 2014 - 08:05 AM.

#53 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:37 AM

LSML 1.3.1 Wailing Vista
* Fixed crash issues on windows versions prior to 7.

Edited by Li Song, 07 May 2014 - 08:06 AM.

#54 Adran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 166 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:09 AM

Is it possible to add the option of dividing weapons into weapon groups and getting info based on firing the weapon groups individually? Including if a weapon group is in chain-fire? Like, I'd like to get actual numbers on how effective the LRM5 Catapult is when using chainfire, plus 2 groups of 15, so I can get alpha damage, ammo usage, and so on for each group, on top of the info already provided.

#55 Li Song

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:32 AM

@Adran

Could you please make an issue on the github issue tracker (linked in OP) and elaborate a bit more on exactly what numbers you want to see and a typical use case. If you have any ideas on realization as to where to put all this new information that would be helpful too. :D

#56 FireSlade

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:20 PM

One warning to people installing this is that Norton does not like the msi file and flags it as a WS.Reputation.1 problem which means that because it is not popular enough Norton thinks that it might be a virus and removes it when you download it. http://www.symantec....-051308-1854-99

@Li Song
Thanks for the program and I look forward to playing around with it. Keep up the good work and I am proud to have you as a member of this community.

Edited by FireSlade, 29 January 2014 - 05:47 PM.

#57 MavRCK

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMontreal - Vancouver

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:55 PM

Adding Sean Lang's video of LiLab:

#58 Hammerhai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 998 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:02 AM

Just a quick thank you for the work you do for us.

#59 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:55 AM

Big thank you for the offline mechlab.

May I suggest including a Cbill cost breakdown similar to Smurfy?

#60 Hammerhai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 998 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:35 PM

2 things. Dragging an XL engine from the mech frame over to engines section to remove it causes a recoverable crash and error dump.

and: Seems UI 2.0 borked things. LSML complains there are no files to parse.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users