#41 xengk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:30 PM

View PostDragonPup, on 07 October 2013 - 04:29 PM, said:

So I am a total noob at this game, but the Cent is a solid mech that also looks nice(A great way to judge a mech, I know) so I was thinking of this build for a CN9-A: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...703f34026ba2927

Basically I swap the AC/10 for an LB-X, use the weight savings to change the LRM10 to a trio of SRM4's. I change the structure to Endo Steel and change the STD200 to a XL260 to give me a cruising speed of a nice 86 kph. Finally, I use the leftover ton to add some torso armor.

I figure the LB-X will be better against smaller targets which I will likely engage, and the SRMs give a nice short range punch to go with the double MLAS and the LB-X.

Thoughts? :)

Looks pretty good.
Heat is a little high and will be a problem in a brawl when you try to utilize both the 2x MLaz and 3x SRM4.
Upgrade to Double Heatsink as soon as possible and you can remove the 2 SHS to get back 2 ton of weight. Use 1 ton to max both your leg armour, experienced pilot will go for a Cen's weapon arm and and legs instead of trying to hit the slim center torso.
The remaining 1 ton is up to you, either get more ammo, 1 DHS or max XL engine.

#42 DragonPup

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:49 AM

View Postxengk, on 07 October 2013 - 07:30 PM, said:

Looks pretty good.
Heat is a little high and will be a problem in a brawl when you try to utilize both the 2x MLaz and 3x SRM4.
Upgrade to Double Heatsink as soon as possible and you can remove the 2 SHS to get back 2 ton of weight. Use 1 ton to max both your leg armour, experienced pilot will go for a Cen's weapon arm and and legs instead of trying to hit the slim center torso.

Thanks, I just realized I left in single heat sinks. It's certainly going to take some time to grind the cbills. I bought the chassis, but man are engines expensive.

#43 Rakona

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 30 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:39 AM

View Postxengk, on 07 October 2013 - 07:30 PM, said:

Looks pretty good.

Xengk is spot on with his review. The only other thing I might suggest would be possibly trying a UAC5 in there, but if you want to stick with hitting lights, the LBX will be much better. Once you master the Mech, a 230 engine of any kind should give you a speed of 82 kph, which i find about perfect for the mech. Many like to go faster, as it makes them harder to hit though.

Edited by Rakona, 09 October 2013 - 06:40 AM.

#44 xengk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:08 PM

View PostDragonPup, on 08 October 2013 - 02:49 AM, said:

Thanks, I just realized I left in single heat sinks. It's certainly going to take some time to grind the cbills. I bought the chassis, but man are engines expensive.

Engine are one time investment, you can move them around among your mechs later.

#45 DigitalJester

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:53 AM

View PostRakona, on 02 October 2013 - 10:18 AM, said:

Dude, NICE! I know the heat can get a bit much at times, but its fun to blow off limbs so quickly! If you're good at heat management, might try this build

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ea6250baa99a83c

I bind the SRMS to my ML on the second button, and put the ML solo on my third. It runs realllly hot, but can be devastating in the right spot.

Two Newbee questions...
1) Is there a reason you put all 4 DHS in the left torso? Does their position on your body in relation to the heat sources make a difference? (Obv in this case you have them between the lasers and lasers/engine). If you put two in each torso wouldn't it reduce the risk of losing all 4?
2) Since you have nothing in the left arm, and only a single SRM4 in the left torse, wouldn't it make sense to reduce left arm armor by 10 and increase head & legs to max?

#46 BigBadVlad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 242 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:12 AM

The reason for putting Heat sinks in the right torso is twofold:
1. If you use the left arm and left side as the shield side for your mech then you don't want to put stuff on the left side of you mech unless you have to (ie: hardpoints) and the 2 Lrg pulses will create the most heat for this mech so if you lost the right torso then you've lost the right arm and the 2 med's and SRM4 alone will not create much heat.
2. The legs are pretty darn near max and I would recommend nothing short of 15 or 16 points on the head so it can withstand a Gauss slug at least.

#47 Rakona

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 30 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:56 AM

View PostDragonPup, on 08 October 2013 - 02:49 AM, said:

I looked at your build again, I would recommending changing it to the below. Let armor needs to be maxed, and if you have ammo in your torso's and an XL, you're pretty much a dead man walking. Even with the LBX lights are still interesting to hit, so I added a ton to the ammo there and moved it. C.A.S.E. will not really help here at all so it was ignored.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...aa5db4d0f2c030f

#48 Rakona

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 30 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:59 AM

View PostBigBadVlad, on 10 October 2013 - 10:12 AM, said:

The reason for putting Heat sinks in the right torso is twofold:
1. If you use the left arm and left side as the shield side for your mech then you don't want to put stuff on the left side of you mech unless you have to (ie: hardpoints) and the 2 Lrg pulses will create the most heat for this mech so if you lost the right torso then you've lost the right arm and the 2 med's and SRM4 alone will not create much heat.
2. The legs are pretty darn near max and I would recommend nothing short of 15 or 16 points on the head so it can withstand a Gauss slug at least.

Vlad is right. The armor values can be tweeked, but since most of the time I can get my shield arm in the way, every point of damage I absorb there, is one less my torso has to take, or another part. Be warned about this build, while it is very deadly, it runs insanely hot, and managing that heat takes a lot of practice with how and when to attack. It's not for the faint of heart. I normally stick to the LPL unless the full alpha is just too juicy to miss, and use the ML/SRM after I've lost the arm/need to manage heat.

#49 DragonPup

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:35 AM

View PostRakona, on 10 October 2013 - 10:56 AM, said:

I looked at your build again, I would recommending changing it to the below. Let armor needs to be maxed, and if you have ammo in your torso's and an XL, you're pretty much a dead man walking. Even with the LBX lights are still interesting to hit, so I added a ton to the ammo there and moved it. C.A.S.E. will not really help here at all so it was ignored.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...aa5db4d0f2c030f

Thank you very much. The only thing left to install on my Cent is the XL engine, but that will take about 2.4 million more cbills. :D

#50 Rakona

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 30 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:20 PM

So I had another lucky game with my good old hot as the sun AL build. Was a very fun brawl, and I'm not sure how I lived, but I did, and managed to have a great game. The Cicada and I were plunking at an ECM commando while trying to fight on the thier cap, and he managed to get the last shot in for the final kill. All in all, I'm still very happy with this build, and considering it was a short range build on a long range map, I think it worked well :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users