#101 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 05 October 2014 - 04:06 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 05 October 2014 - 03:22 AM, said:

the Trek Transporters did have limited range, but were fine for transporting from planet to planet inside a solar system. lets all forget about the Interstellar transporter capable of transporting more than a hundred light years featured in Star Trek Into Darkness, also lets forget that the Enterprise could travel that same distance in minutes instead of the 10 days it would have taken Voyager at top speed, and that they discovered a cure for death, in fact from a technology standpoint lets completely forget/ignore that film.

Normal Trek transporters only had a range of 40,000 kilometers under normal operating conditions. (source)
For reference, the distance between Earth and the Moon is 384,399.83 kilometers (approximately 9.6 times the maximum range of a normal transporter) & the transporter range roughly corresponds to the distance needed for a geostationary or geosynchronous orbit around Earth.

There are special longer-ranged transporters (see here, here, and here), but they've thus far always appeared as one-off plot devices and are not commonplace.

#102 Kaeb Odellas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 05 October 2014 - 05:03 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 03 October 2014 - 07:52 PM, said:

Who resurrected this thread. I thought it was settled. Star Wars wins unless it is Imperials vs BT cause the IMPs are WIMPS (beaten by creatures made at Build a Bear workshop. Need I say more).

And Pacific Rim loses to EVERYONE. Its called a nuke. Really popular in BT.

Whoever resurrected the thread must pay.

Also who on earth still plays Warhammer 40k? I WILL SEARCH FOR YOU AND PLAY WITH YOU IF YOU STILL PLAY TT!

Fairly certain the Empire would crush every BT faction at once several times over. Battlemechs do you little good when all your ships have been vaporized and your enemy can just glass you from orbit.

#103 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 05 October 2014 - 05:56 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 04 October 2014 - 06:42 PM, said:

Nuclear missile. They could literally annihilate everything in Halo without landing on the surface. Nuke the ships from orbit, nuke the planets, NUKE EVERYTHING

BT doesn't have a large enough space arsenal to deliver the package before it'd be intercepted or shot down by any of the factions from any universe except Pacific Rim.

#104 Infiltrationist

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 45 posts
  • LocationAuburn, MA.

Posted 05 October 2014 - 06:16 AM

I did mention that the covenant and UNSC would still lose right?

#105 Infiltrationist

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 45 posts
  • LocationAuburn, MA.

Posted 05 October 2014 - 06:26 AM

The forerunners ships could survive a couple nukes easily, so blowing one up wouldn't be as simple as using a couple nukes. The ships are what make slip space portals not separate machines. And if the forerunners didn't do that Star Wars would win, not BT. Star Wars has WAY more giant land vehicles than BT plus having way more ships with much more firepower. Star killer could also just crush mechs like he does with the walkers in the game all the time.

#106 Infiltrationist

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 45 posts
  • LocationAuburn, MA.

Posted 05 October 2014 - 06:47 AM

To open a slip space portal inside of something to destroy it you have to put a slip space drive near or inside something. With the forerunners they could use slip space to get their slip space bomb rear or inside something. It's not only forerunners who can do it. The unsc did this to destroy a covenant cruiser in halo reach. Also they did it again to destroy a forerunner shield world. So yeah those are pretty damn powerful. But it's really hard for unsc or covies to pull off. Forerunners could do it no problem since they are masters of slip space.

#107 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 05 October 2014 - 07:42 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 05 October 2014 - 04:06 AM, said:

Normal Trek transporters only had a range of 40,000 kilometers under normal operating conditions. (source)
For reference, the distance between Earth and the Moon is 384,399.83 kilometers (approximately 9.6 times the maximum range of a normal transporter) & the transporter range roughly corresponds to the distance needed for a geostationary or geosynchronous orbit around Earth.

There are special longer-ranged transporters (see here, here, and here), but they've thus far always appeared as one-off plot devices and are not commonplace.

Sorry, I was going from memory and do recall several incidents where interplanetary transport was used so concluded that must be within the default range

#108 Infiltrationist

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 45 posts
  • LocationAuburn, MA.

Posted 05 October 2014 - 08:27 AM

Plus what happens if the Slip Space things are destroyed? Forerunners are then trapped aren't they? So all the BT guys need to do is launch some tactical nukes around and mission solved. Seriously in all view of power, Halo may have a few technological advances but not enough man power or competent military forces to win a battle. Land battle, BT hands down. Space battle, BT wins with Tactical nukes or overwhelming forces. BT wins dude even with the Forerunners because as you said they live in a Limbo that's weakness is obvious, destroy the devices letting them out. This also prevents much reinforcements sssooo, yeah one weakness and the whole structure of Halo is gone man.

Didn't I say the precursors lived in slip space limbo? Yep I did. Forerunner ships can survive multiple nukes, auto repair with hard light, and have the power to blow up a planet. You can't destroy slip space. So pretty much everything you said about this weakness is wrong. The forerunners don't live in limbo, precursors do. You can't destroy slip space. So pretty much everything you said about the forerunners is wrong.

Dammit the quote messed up. First paragraph was a quote in that last message I posted.

Quote from marack drock

#109 Infiltrationist

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 45 posts
  • LocationAuburn, MA.

Posted 05 October 2014 - 08:43 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 04 October 2014 - 06:42 PM, said:

Plus what happens if the Slip Space things are destroyed? Forerunners are then trapped aren't they? So all the BT guys need to do is launch some tactical nukes around and mission solved. Seriously in all view of power, Halo may have a few technological advances but not enough man power or competent military forces to win a battle. Land battle, BT hands down. Space battle, BT wins with Tactical nukes or overwhelming forces. BT wins dude even with the Forerunners because as you said they live in a Limbo that's weakness is obvious, destroy the devices letting them out. This also prevents much reinforcements sssooo, yeah one weakness and the whole structure of Halo is gone man.

Halo defeated.

I did right this time.

But yeah, everything I said in the last post makes everything you said there pointless.

#110 Infiltrationist

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 45 posts
  • LocationAuburn, MA.

Posted 05 October 2014 - 11:16 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 05 October 2014 - 08:44 AM, said:

So that just leaves the Flood and United Nations Space Command (stolen straight from the real United Nations lol). Both of which can't beat each other unless 6 SPARTANS ARE THERE TO DEFEAT A WHOLE ENTIRE RACE.

Spartans can't beat a whole race. I'm not sure if you were saying they could or whatever but if you are they can't.

Oh yeah and the covenant didn't kill all the forerunners they worshipped them. And there are more forerunners out there but their just in hiding. ( that's how they "vanished") So as long as no one from BT wakes them up BT wins.

And how come you keep acting like I'm saying the unsc or covenant would win? I'm saying they would get wrecked! So yeah BT better not wake up the forerunners.

Can we agree on that?

#111 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 05 October 2014 - 03:55 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 05 October 2014 - 03:39 PM, said:

Edit we are also off topic. Topic was Star Wars, BT, Star Trek, and Pacific Rim.

Actually I re-added Halo, since I realized they have an arsenal that is worth a bit more debating over.

#112 Hex Pallett

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 05 October 2014 - 05:58 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 05 October 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

But by the standard of Evolution Neanderthals are idiots compared to **** Sapians (which is indicated in star wars when C-3PO says they are rather primal).

I laughed at the censoring.

#113 Hex Pallett

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 05 October 2014 - 08:22 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 05 October 2014 - 06:03 PM, said:

Also why you know argue back?

First, I do believe you mean "y u no argue back".... :ph34r:

Second, I wasn't even in the argument at all...it's pointless. I mean, all of these are leaning toward the "fi" side of the "sci-fi". Star Wars is basically space-samurai drama. Star Trek I'm not familiar with, but I heard it involved a bunch of philosophy nonsense so there's that. Anything from Pacific Rim are physically impossible to walk on Earth. Halo - from a very cynical stand point - doesn't even have the balls to go full bonkers with fantasy. BattleTech is so far the most realistic one on the large scale but is still heavily outdated.

Apple and orange, everyone. Apple and orange. And praise the God Emperor.

#114 Infiltrationist

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 45 posts
  • LocationAuburn, MA.

Posted 06 October 2014 - 04:09 AM

No one would win this fight. If you take out all the supernaturals and make it fair no one wins. Even if someone did survive the long period of constant war everyones forces would suffer so badly that it wouldnt feel like a victory.

#115 Infiltrationist

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 45 posts
  • LocationAuburn, MA.

Posted 06 October 2014 - 04:13 AM

As for the forerunners there is this thing called a crypt where they have an endless sleep. That is where the Didact was found, that is where others will be found. It can all be seen in the terminals. Plus the humans ad covenant having this janus key which gives them the location of all forerunner tech. But by the time they get to all of it they probably wouldve already have a severe loss to their forces and would use the tech to leave the galaxy.

#116 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 06 October 2014 - 04:55 AM

putting different univesers that are fictiional togtehr is just strange ide. because the one going more crazy in fiction will win.

So which of them is the most crazy ones? probably Star trek. Why? time travel, godlike creatures of various kinds. They could actually f*** over all the others if they would want to.

Trekkies would even simply start to beam everyone into a pool of Lava and done.

Edited by Lily from animove, 06 October 2014 - 04:57 AM.

#117 Infiltrationist

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 45 posts
  • LocationAuburn, MA.

Posted 06 October 2014 - 07:22 AM

Yep

Thats why we arent including god-like things. Every universe has something god-like... exept for pacific rim.

#118 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 06 October 2014 - 07:45 AM

Star Wars would win.
The prime directive would keep the Federation out of things, while the Sith take over the Klingons and Romulans. Then they take over various planets, blame everything on the droids of the Confederation, and blast the living daylights out of everything. Now with that in mind, the Clans might just team up with the Sith for awhile, being promised that they will help to retake Earth. Then when the Clans claim earth and are having their big celebration, the Death Star would blow them out of the galaxy. So with that settled, Vader slaps you and says..."Welcome to earth...oops, I blew it up."

#119 Infiltrationist

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 45 posts
  • LocationAuburn, MA.

Posted 06 October 2014 - 09:57 AM

I'm guessing you read none of the previous posts.

#120 Infiltrationist

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 45 posts
  • LocationAuburn, MA.

Posted 06 October 2014 - 03:48 PM

So start a new thread.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users