#2781 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:29 AM

View PostMarsAtlas, on 13 October 2014 - 05:57 PM, said:

Hellbringer, yo. The Prime has an AMS slot in its head, the A has an energy slot in its head. With the A head in the Prime, you can fit six energy just from your center-torso to the left. I like energy weapons. :D

Good eye. I am unable to process new mechs without being able to play in Smurfy. :D

#2782 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:33 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 10 October 2014 - 08:50 AM, said:

I wonder if BSK has had his Dire Wolf for a long time or only a short time. If it's a new DW and he is new to Assaults in general, he may have a much lower Elo and may be seeing different results because of that (a player has 4 Elo scores, one for each weight class) and since Dire wolves for C-bills are still pretty new, there is probably a dearth of Dire Wolves at low/starting Elo as compared to higher Elo ranges.

I can confirm that.

I just got a whale and when i drop it tends to with assault lances. Had a 4 whale lance yesterday!!!

I usually pilot lights/mediums and have noticed 50% of the time i drop with lances of the same weight, other times kinda random. Im largely dropping in evening EST timezone.

Off the top of my head, and this is anecdote only, it seems my better mechs get more diverse lances.
New/low elo mechs get similar lances.

One guys experience only, not for sure.

#2783 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:35 PM

View PostInspectorG, on 16 October 2014 - 07:33 AM, said:

One guys experience only, not for sure.

For what its worth, one of my matches tonight:

Posted Image

Speaks for itself, I think. In fact, everybody on my team was getting a huge kick out of the Summoner lance.

#2784 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,662 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:25 PM

As for the lances being composed of the same weight class, yeah that appears to be a recent change they ninja'd in on us.

#2785 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:23 AM

View PostMarsAtlas, on 16 October 2014 - 07:35 PM, said:

For what its worth, one of my matches tonight:

Posted Image

Speaks for itself, I think. In fact, everybody on my team was getting a huge kick out of the Summoner lance.

I wanna be in a Summoner lance!

#2786 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,991 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 17 October 2014 - 10:50 AM

quirks can you give me a run down of what they mean and is it important to pay attention to

Posted Image

#2787 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 17 October 2014 - 11:03 AM

Quirks can offer all kinds of bonuses or debuffs. Mousing over a mech gives you the best summary of what quirks are on the mech.

Inner sphere mechs cannot modify their quirks so if a variant has them, they're always present. Inner sphere mechs are getting a broader quirks pass coming soon (Nov 4th) giving them all kinds of movement buffs and weapon buffs. Here is a list of current IS mech quirks, but keep your eye on the patch notes for Nov 1st for big changes to IS quirks.

Clan mechs have quirks attached to specific omnipods. Just like how omnipods have different hardpoints, they also offer different buffs or nerfs. Summoner Prime arms give cooldown buffs (shorter cooldown) while Dire wolf Prime arms have longer energy weapon cooldowns. Which quirks you will see will depend on which omnipods you have equipped.

Edited by Redshift2k5, 17 October 2014 - 11:05 AM.

#2788 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 17 October 2014 - 11:04 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 17 October 2014 - 10:50 AM, said:

quirks can you give me a run down of what they mean and is it important to pay attention to

Posted Image

Quirks are little buffs applied to Variants individually to make them play slightly differently. There are currently some "negative quirks" (read Nerfs), but those are being removed on November 4th.

Yes, you should pay attention to them - especially after the November 4th patch - as they'll significantly alter some Mech's abilities and, in some cases, encourage use of particular weapons on particular 'Mechs.

Edited by DEMAX51, 17 October 2014 - 11:08 AM.

#2789 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,991 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 17 October 2014 - 01:23 PM

cool thanks

#2790 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,662 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:46 PM

not mentioned above is that quirks also refer to (and originally this was all they were) different engine caps for different variants of a chassis, different torso turn rates, different acceleration/deceleration values. They were all movement based. PGI has expanded the concept with a few unique ones but will be overhauling the entire system in November as mentioned above.

#2791 huckles

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 October 2014 - 11:16 AM

What is the icon at the top left of the screen when it's showing the game mode and map? Just curious about it.

#2792 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 18 October 2014 - 11:32 AM

assuming you mean the upside down stick figure displayed in about half of matches:

no-one knows for sure, it was asked about in the Paging Carl Berg tread and his response was that he asked someone in the art department and they just smiled at him

my theory, but this is just unfounded speculation with absolutely no hard evidence (I keep intending to do a win loss tally noting down presence or absence of that symbol but keep forgetting), is that it relates to the matchmaker prediction weather you will win or loose.

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 18 October 2014 - 11:33 AM.

#2793 Makropony

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 01:01 PM

How do I get premium time? I can't seem to find any button anywhere that would say "go premium" or something.

#2794 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 18 October 2014 - 01:10 PM

to buy premium time ingame for MC:
go-to the store, then boosters, you will see it in there

also you get premium time with buying any bundle (e.g. Mastery packs, clan packs) except a la carte clan mechs

#2795 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 19 October 2014 - 10:45 AM

Free mechs come in a free mechbay. Enjoy :)

#2796 BeaverOnFire

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 10:46 AM

Wow, thx for your fast response and the answer i was hoping for. :)

Edited by BeaverOnFire, 19 October 2014 - 10:47 AM.

#2797 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 19 October 2014 - 02:22 PM

Is it a common bug, that the computer will voice or the paper doll will give conflicting information? Like you lose your right arm but the computer says "left arm destroyed", or you lose your left arm but the doll shows your right arm missing.

Edited by Kevjack, 19 October 2014 - 02:23 PM.

#2798 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 19 October 2014 - 02:38 PM

View PostKevjack, on 19 October 2014 - 02:22 PM, said:

Is it a common bug, that the computer will voice or the paper doll will give conflicting information? Like you lose your right arm but the computer says "left arm destroyed", or you lose your left arm but the doll shows your right arm missing.

Not aware of it. Are you certain you are reading the doll correctly? Did this happen just once, or many times?

#2799 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 19 October 2014 - 02:50 PM

My turn...any place to find out what all these new rewards are? Such as "Lock Target Damage" or some such?

#2800 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 October 2014 - 02:56 PM

View PostNick Makiaveli, on 19 October 2014 - 02:50 PM, said:

My turn...any place to find out what all these new rewards are? Such as "Lock Target Damage" or some such?

Nothing official yet, I think.

But from playing my Tag-light with my lrm buddy, we think that the Lock target bonus is for the (first) lock-on-weapon hitting the (maybe tagged) target to complement the old Tag/Narc bonus.
Not sure about the brackets.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users