10303 replies to this topic

#3001 zudukai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:18 PM

View PostDEMAX51, on 05 December 2014 - 04:10 PM, said:

Nothing there would trigger Ghost Heat, it's just a really, REALLY hot build. The Smurfy Heat Efficiency is only 18% - I normally shoot for near 30%.

ER PPCs are just plain hot. ERML are fairly hot, but when you've got 5 of 'em that's quite a bit of heat, and those two SRM 6s are just going to pile it on even more.

so this should be my go-to mech for terra thurma then i suppose ;) ^_^' lol

#3002 Tim East

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 05:02 PM

Did the charge-up mechanic for gauss get rescinded, or does it just not show the warm-up period when spectating?

#3003 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 05 December 2014 - 05:13 PM

View PostTim East, on 05 December 2014 - 05:02 PM, said:

Did the charge-up mechanic for gauss get rescinded, or does it just not show the warm-up period when spectating?

No, it's still there. Probably just a spectating bug, similarly to how you can't always tell if someones got an LRM lock if you're spectating.

#3004 Tim East

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 05:15 PM

Yeah, probably a spectating bug. Dude was probably just using a macro to fire his lasers at the same time as his gauss while I couldn't see the warmup due to spectating. Didn't want to fly off the handle and file a cheating complaint if it wasn't justified. Macros are kind of sham though imo.

#3005 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 05 December 2014 - 05:22 PM

View PostTim East, on 05 December 2014 - 05:15 PM, said:

Yeah, probably a spectating bug. Dude was probably just using a macro to fire his lasers at the same time as his gauss while I couldn't see the warmup due to spectating. Didn't want to fly off the handle and file a cheating complaint if it wasn't justified. Macros are kind of sham though imo.

Honestly, a gauss macro is a handicap. It limits your options.

#3006 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 December 2014 - 01:29 AM

View Postzudukai, on 05 December 2014 - 03:51 PM, said:

can someone help me with this mech?

it seems like there is some form of ghost heat or something here, or am i just feeling the extra PPC heat?

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1a6d309d45a33f4

very confused!

Its usually better if you take lasers OR PPCs, because both are so hot, that you would only use one of the groups anyway.
cERPPC = 15 heat, 2 of em makes 30 heat for 30dmg (10 of that is spread to the sides)
cERML = 6 heat, 5 of em makes 30heat for 35 damage (spread depends on your aim and the targets movement)
cSRM6 = 4 heat, 2 of em makes 8 more heat for 24damage (spreads damage, best used with artemis)

Ofc, 5cERML only weight 5 tons instead of the 12 of the two cERPPCs, or 5+ammo for two Artemis6s.
Thats why so many people run around with laser "vomit" builds. Tons of ERML and maybe 1-2 ERLL or LPulse with 20-30 DHS.

Some good combinations are ML/SRM, PPC/Gauss, Laser/Gauss or even SRM/PPC. Or you go boat one kind of weapon only.

#3007 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 06 December 2014 - 04:15 AM

View Postzudukai, on 05 December 2014 - 03:51 PM, said:

can someone help me with this mech?

it seems like there is some form of ghost heat or something here, or am i just feeling the extra PPC heat?

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1a6d309d45a33f4

very confused!

firing just the PPCs as fast as they will recycle will make you overheat in 13 seconds, everything except the PPCs will overheat you in 10, everything will overheat you on the second shot, use the weaponlab, top center of the smurfy interface and it will tell you how fast you will overheat.

that build would be a lot easier to use if you dropped some of the weapons in favor of extra heat sinks

if I plan to fire everything at once I general aim for at minimum a 40% heat efficiency (or about 1.3 on the ingame mechlab), but there is nothing wrong with having different firing groups for long and short range weapons with a much lower heat efficiency, just as long as you will rarely fire both simultaneously

#3008 458

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 06:58 PM

Q. There seems to be no way to change joystick bindings...while in the correct menu touching or using any joystick control will not change anything. My left-hand keypad has joystick functions, my HOTAS has joystick functions, my rudder pedals are pure joystick. Are these customizable? Is there a file I can edit directly since the interface won't allow changes (perhaps it can't handle so many joystick items)?

#3009 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 07:08 PM

View Post458, on 06 December 2014 - 06:58 PM, said:

Q. There seems to be no way to change joystick bindings...while in the correct menu touching or using any joystick control will not change anything. My left-hand keypad has joystick functions, my HOTAS has joystick functions, my rudder pedals are pure joystick. Are these customizable? Is there a file I can edit directly since the interface won't allow changes (perhaps it can't handle so many joystick items)?

There is a specific 'column' for Joystick commands. Your default and secondary key bindings will not take joystick commands. You must
1) Have the joystick-thing you want to use already connected BEFORE starting the game; it won't register after.
2) Be under "Controller" of the Options Screen
Set your controls here.
3) To change the controls, you need a very rapid double click. T-tap rather than 'click-click'. The damn thing is SUPER sensitive and has annoyed the living crap out of me for the better part of a year.

Posted Image

Edited by Koniving, 06 December 2014 - 07:31 PM.

#3010 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 December 2014 - 12:36 AM

There are also commands you can add to a file to experiment with if it's just not behaving quite right. However, I'm no expert on them but there's a hardware section on the forum here that may be of use.

#3011 xeromynd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 08 December 2014 - 07:52 PM

Does Smurfy's Mechlab take Quirks into account when showing you the heat management percentage?

#3012 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 08 December 2014 - 09:24 PM

View Postxeromynd, on 08 December 2014 - 07:52 PM, said:

Does Smurfy's Mechlab take Quirks into account when showing you the heat management percentage?

I'm not sure, but I don't think it does yet.

#3013 Waswat

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:30 AM

What's so special about the champion mechs? They don't seem to be a different weight class.

#3014 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:37 AM

View PostWaswat, on 09 December 2014 - 05:30 AM, said:

What's so special about the champion mechs? They don't seem to be a different weight class.

A champion grants you 30% XP bonus and comes with upgrades and better engines and weapon loadouts.
The stock mech is the same mech, but with their stock loadout (see sarna.net and mwo.smurfy-net.de for the stock loadouts).

For example: the Stock Jenner -F
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...lab#i=4&l=stock
cost you 1160 MC or 2,893,066CBills.
It comes with STD engine, no upgrades at all.

The champion Jenner F ( C )
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ab#i=76&l=stock
cost you 1450 MC (not available for CBills).
It comes with XL300 engine that cost nearly 5mio CBills, DoubleHeatSinks, FF armor.

If you want to build the stock Jenner F into the same mech, it would cost you 10mio Cbills (including engine and upgrades) like this:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b85c1f4747522b7

So in the end, you are trading MC for XP bonus and no Cbill cost.
You can make some quite good deals with the mechs because of the included XL engines, if you need a new engine of that size for your mechs.
Otherwise, if you already have lots of engines, your main gain is the XP bonus.

Edited by Reno Blade, 09 December 2014 - 05:46 AM.

#3015 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 09 December 2014 - 06:22 AM

View PostWaswat, on 09 December 2014 - 05:30 AM, said:

as Reno Blade said, the Champions usualy have a better loadout than the stock mech. however they do not always come with a better engine, e.g. the Cataphract 3D comes with an XL280 engine, one of the most useful engines in the game while the 3D(c) comes with a standard engine.

Champions are usualy more competitave than the stock mech and occaisionaly have a great loadout (e.g. the SDR-5K(C) with its default loadout is one of my most sucessful Mechs), Chanpions are mostly about OK trial mechs and paying real money for conveniance

#3016 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:13 PM

In all cases, champion mechs are identical variants to their non (c ) counterparts. That is, you can build the same thing with a cbill variant and the xp bonus looses some value once you've unlocked everything.

Edited by TheCaptainJZ, 09 December 2014 - 04:13 PM.

#3017 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 10 December 2014 - 05:56 AM

Update please: Since when is loss 0 (zero) or 40 XPs?

#3018 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 10 December 2014 - 11:53 AM

View PostExoForce, on 10 December 2014 - 05:56 AM, said:

Update please: Since when is loss 0 (zero) or 40 XPs?

Loss should be 40xp after the last XP pass - gimme a minute and I will dig up the exact patch notes...

Edit: not listed but around here

Edited by Shar Wolf, 10 December 2014 - 11:57 AM.

#3019 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 10 December 2014 - 12:52 PM

Thanks Shar. Yesterday I noticed zero XPs, I received headshot early and with 2 assists I got zero XPs for loss and 40 for assist.
First time I noticed zero XP reward so I thougth new patch messed it up. Still looking how is this possible.

#3020 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:32 PM

Saw the update: Is Davion combined with Steiner? What faction should I team with and grind to level 20? What happens if I lose LP? Do I lose the rewards given?

Is there a feedback thread connected to Paul's LP update?

But besides that, what faction should I join to go to level 20 and then switch off to another faction?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users