#6201 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 05 June 2016 - 01:23 PM

View PostNick Makiaveli, on 05 June 2016 - 12:57 PM, said:

Taxation is theft. But don't worry, the US is working hard to catch up with you guys!

agreed, but I understand why it is needed,
income tax is 20% on anything earned between £11,000 and £43,000, 40% on £43,k-150k (I would love to be earning anywhere near enough to have to worry about that, but am not quite earning half that) and an extra 5% on anything over £150k per year, we then pay 20% Value Added (should be called value removed not added but try arguing that with a politician) Tax on "non Essential" purchases, but that does not account for the extra 10% cost
there are many other taxes including fuel tax which currently makes up more than half the price of petrol and you get charged VAT on top of that, so half the VAT you are paying on petrol is tax on a tax,, making the cost of fuel about 70% tax, and the rate rises every year.

I am pretty sure in total at least half of what you earn in the UK is spent on taxes.

#6202 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 05 June 2016 - 01:39 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 05 June 2016 - 01:23 PM, said:

agreed, but I understand why it is needed,
income tax is 20% on anything earned between £11,000 and £43,000, 40% on £43,k-150k (I would love to be earning anywhere near enough to have to worry about that, but am not quite earning half that) and an extra 5% on anything over £150k per year, we then pay 20% Value Added (should be called value removed not added but try arguing that with a politician) Tax on "non Essential" purchases, but that does not account for the extra 10% cost
there are many other taxes including fuel tax which currently makes up more than half the price of petrol and you get charged VAT on top of that, so half the VAT you are paying on petrol is tax on a tax,, making the cost of fuel about 70% tax, and the rate rises every year.

I am pretty sure in total at least half of what you earn in the UK is spent on taxes.

Needed? Yeah because 90% of that couldn't be done by private sources, and the rest funded voluntarily.

It's like saying PGI can't be trusted to make games, so we need to have a govt agency in charge of video games.

Don't want to get yelled at for hijacking, so I'll shut up now.

#6203 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 05:47 AM

Is it ever a good idea to "wait for them to come to us" on Polar Highlands? A great majority of times when someone suggests that, it happens, and when it happens we get steamrolled into an unlearning oblivion

#6204 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 07 June 2016 - 05:49 AM

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 07 June 2016 - 05:47 AM, said:

Is it ever a good idea to "wait for them to come to us" on Polar Highlands? A great majority of times when someone suggests that, it happens, and when it happens we get steamrolled into an unlearning oblivion

Static positions are usually not a great idea unless you have a very coordinated firing line. In a PUG on Polar, that's unlikely and you'll usually get rolled by an active team.

#6205 cleghorn6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 511 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:30 AM

It can be advantageous to allow the enemy to make first contact. They will more than likely be spread out and if you are all together, you can overwhelm them piece by piece. But you need to collapse on them straight away and continue to push down the line until they're all gone. Maintaining a static position after first contact is ... dangerous.

But as Terciel says, it requires a reasonable amount of coordination which in your typical PUG match is unlikely.

#6206 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 10:34 AM

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 07 June 2016 - 05:47 AM, said:

as the others have said it can work but you need coordination.

for starters take a position offering a lot of cover, put a few fast Mechs in position to put scout/spot and also draw the enemy into a position you can hit from cover.

This will only work if the whole team are onboard AND are willing to wait long enough for the plan to pay off, as soon as 2 Mechs abandon the position you have probably lost and you can be waiting 10 or more minutes for the enemy to find you.

#6207 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 11 June 2016 - 07:24 AM

Need assistance in the mechlab!

The warehouse tab (the one located at the top right side of the screen) is expanded and won't close back up.

I want to see the enlarged mech stats tab (the one that expands out of the bottom right blue tab), but only get a mini version because the warehouse tab is in the way.

How do I close the warehouse tab?

#6208 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 10:03 AM

View PostHunka Junk, on 11 June 2016 - 07:24 AM, said:

Need assistance in the mechlab!

The warehouse tab (the one located at the top right side of the screen) is expanded and won't close back up.

I want to see the enlarged mech stats tab (the one that expands out of the bottom right blue tab), but only get a mini version because the warehouse tab is in the way.

How do I close the warehouse tab?

I am not sure if you can close the warehouse tab but you can expand the Mech stats tab, just click on the expand button and it expands to full size, although it does obstruct the left arm/leg view

#6209 DavidStarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 708 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 11 June 2016 - 11:12 AM

Did any new heavy or assault mechs become available for C-bills in the last 2 months?

#6210 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 11:38 AM

Warhammer, Marauder and the Rifleman have all become available for Cbills over the last 3 months

#6211 Takashi Uchida

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 496 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 09:21 AM

Got the Kodiak pack but just starting to really grind that xp.

Aside from the 400 XL, what are the "must have" engines to get? I obviously don't have the luxury of the stockpile of engines I have for IS mechs built up over 2 years. But, I do have some cbills saved up and have multiple 400 XLs that I could probably part with. Any viable standard engine builds, or is that pointless?

#6212 Tim East

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 10:30 AM

I wouldn't use a standard unless you wanted to do a slow quad gauss build or something.

#6213 Digital_Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 441 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 06:02 PM

View PostTakashi Uchida, on 12 June 2016 - 09:21 AM, said:

Got the Kodiak pack but just starting to really grind that xp. Aside from the 400 XL, what are the "must have" engines to get? I obviously don't have the luxury of the stockpile of engines I have for IS mechs built up over 2 years. But, I do have some cbills saved up and have multiple 400 XLs that I could probably part with. Any viable standard engine builds, or is that pointless?

Most people I know that have them are running XL 375s in them. You don't loose that much speed and free up a decent amount of tonnage.

#6214 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 01:14 AM

Is it really a good idea to put an SPL and 2 machine guns on a Timber Wolf? The other weapons on the build 2x LPL and 2x LRM5 + 2x LRM10

#6215 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 13 June 2016 - 01:26 AM

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 13 June 2016 - 01:14 AM, said:

Is it really a good idea to put an SPL and 2 machine guns on a Timber Wolf? The other weapons on the build 2x LPL and 2x LRM5 + 2x LRM10

Just note how often you actually use the SPL and MGs in game and what impact they have then you will have your answer. :)

Since you do not appear to be going for a meta build, go with whatever works for you.

If you are looking for a meta type build, check out metamechs.com for ideas.

#6216 Takashi Uchida

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 496 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:12 PM

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 13 June 2016 - 01:14 AM, said:

Looks like you're going for an all-ranger, with the LRM/LPL for long/mid and SPL/MG for close range. The LPL is decent against most close targets, but its long duration may make it difficult to track close lights, or fight with mechs with a lot more firepower and armor than you. Machine guns are good against components but do almost nothing against parts that still have armor. If you have the hardpoints, consider dropping the machine guns and putting a couple more SPL (or consider dropping them to SLs) instead. It will cut down on the number of weapon groups and be more useful than MGs.

#6217 Tim East

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 05:53 PM

View PostTakashi Uchida, on 13 June 2016 - 04:12 PM, said:

Looks like you're going for an all-ranger, with the LRM/LPL for long/mid and SPL/MG for close range. The LPL is decent against most close targets, but its long duration may make it difficult to track close lights, or fight with mechs with a lot more firepower and armor than you. Machine guns are good against components but do almost nothing against parts that still have armor. If you have the hardpoints, consider dropping the machine guns and putting a couple more SPL (or consider dropping them to SLs) instead. It will cut down on the number of weapon groups and be more useful than MGs.

This ^
MGs are pretty bad unless you have a ton of them and the enemy runs out of armor. Only real use for 1-3 is to keep the pressure up on cowardly players and hope they overheat themselves. Still better than flamers.

On the other hand, the 12 flamer + actual killing weapon Nova is pretty funny.

#6218 Takashi Uchida

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 496 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 02:41 AM

Was there ever any word on when those "reward" mechs would out for cbills? I'm talking about the Cicada-3F, the Nova-D and the Wolverine that has MASC. I remember seeing the new Nova awhile ago and wondering "wow, I've always to mess with a second missile launcher on my Nova!" but it doesn't seem to be available yet. It feels like it has been forever. I mean even the Atlas-S came out for cbills eventually!

#6219 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 10:27 AM

View PostTakashi Uchida, on 14 June 2016 - 02:41 AM, said:

Was there ever any word on when those "reward" mechs would out for cbills?

no official word on when they will be released, however I read something last week (unfortunately I cannot remember where) that said they were being made purchasable on the tournament server and that they will be available for purchase in "a few months" in game

#6220 Morggo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC, USA

Posted 14 June 2016 - 12:07 PM

Wait... wait.. wait... you mean I may finally be able to nab that CDA-3F I missed just as I started playing!?!?!? I thought they swore they'd never sell Loyalty variants, if it turns out true that makes my day :)

...come over here, you little jumping cicada, you!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users