Short Question, Short Answer

10297 replies to this topic

#7581 ShooterMcGavin80

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 146 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:38 PM

So I unlocked 'Cool Boost' and 'Cool Shot 9 by 9' on the pilot skill tree.

I thought they would be like modules, you have to equip them as mech modules to gain the benefit. Going to the loadout screen though I don't see them anywhere alongside my trusty Radar Deprivation and Seismic Sensor. What the heck? Do you not need to equip them? Am I missing something?

Edited by ShooterMcGavin80, 23 April 2017 - 12:39 PM.

#7582 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:15 PM

View PostShooterMcGavin80, on 23 April 2017 - 12:38 PM, said:

I thought they would be like modules, you have to equip them as mech modules to gain the benefit. Going to the loadout screen though I don't see them anywhere alongside my trusty Radar Deprivation and Seismic Sensor. What the heck? Do you not need to equip them? Am I missing something?

Nope.
They just automatically enhance Coolshot consumables.

9x9 basically makes the cbill Coolshot 9 act like the MC version.

No idea what cool boost does; I stopped caring about pilot skills early on and we have a new skill tree coming.

#7583 ShooterMcGavin80

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 146 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 03:54 PM

Thanks man! Awesome.

#7584 ShooterMcGavin80

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 146 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:43 PM

Alright - next mech for me I want to do the Stormcrow. I like ballistic build options, so I am looking at being able to use the Lacerator

How does one acquire the Lacerator? It does not appear to be available in the store.

#7585 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:26 PM

View PostShooterMcGavin80, on 28 April 2017 - 07:43 PM, said:

Alright - next mech for me I want to do the Stormcrow. I like ballistic build options, so I am looking at being able to use the Lacerator

How does one acquire the Lacerator? It does not appear to be available in the store.

It is in the store. Part of the Clan Heroes package.

https://mwomercs.com/clan-heroes

#7586 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:29 PM

You can buy that via website store right now, or for MC (I don't know if it's been released for MC yet).

The Lacerator is a Hero Mech, which means it's for real money only. It has slightly different hardpoint options from this, as well as a 30% c-bill booster for any matches it may be played in.

#7587 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 29 April 2017 - 01:57 AM

just to add to what IraqiWalker and Tesune said, any Mech varient which has a name rather than a letter
and/or number designation is a Hero.
Heroes have a hardpoint layout diferant from any of the regular varients and a 30% cbill boost but are not usualy superior to the cbill varients.
Heroes can be purchased ingame for MC a few months after initial release, or can be purchased from the web store, they will never be purchasable for cbills

#7588 ShooterMcGavin80

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 146 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 05:23 AM

Cool, thanks for all the responses guys!

#7589 Lorcryst NySell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 533 posts
  • LocationBetween Chair and Keyboard

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:16 AM

View PostShooterMcGavin80, on 23 April 2017 - 12:38 PM, said:

View PostKoniving, on 23 April 2017 - 01:15 PM, said:

No idea what cool boost does; I stopped caring about pilot skills early on and we have a new skill tree coming.

Since I just unlocked those, 2 things :

- Koniving is right, those automatically enhance the Consumables.

- Cool Boost gives a 20% efficiency boost to *ALL* Cool Shots Consumables :

A Cool Shot 6 will flush 7.2 points of heat
A Cool Shot 9 will flush 10.8 points of heat
A Cool Shot 9 by 9 will flush two times 10.8 points of heat
A Cool Shot 18 (the MC one) will flush 21.6 points of heat

You can have, at the moment before the new Skill Tree, one Cool Shot 6 *AND* either a Cool Shot 9 or a Cool Shot 18.

Having both cooling skills unlocked means you can flush 27.8 heat points in roughly 3 seconds, from the max current heat gauge of 36, for a cost of 50.000 CBills.

WARNING : if you shutdown due to heat, the Coolshots don't work in the second or two of the shutdown sequence, but you still lose them if you activate them, and the same things happens during the 2 to 3 seconds of the power-up sequence !!!

I don't know if that last point is a bug or a feature, but I've wondered why after shutting down and hitting "override shutdown" to power back up my heat gauge didn't move when I flushed my coolants ... after some tests, it looks like you have to wait a couple of seconds for the game to register your "active" state before you can use Cool Shots.

Edited by Lorcryst NySell, 30 April 2017 - 08:17 AM.

#7590 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:17 AM

Interesting.
I think Cool Boost must have come into existence after I stopped looking at pilot skills. Something like that would make it so I might actually use Cool Shots (I don't use them).

#7591 Lorcryst NySell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 533 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:19 AM

I use them a lot on my laser brawling builds ... getting down from 98% heat to ~25% in a flash during a close fight can, and has in my case, make a world of difference !

#7592 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:39 AM

View PostLorcryst NySell, on 30 April 2017 - 08:16 AM, said:

Having both cooling skills unlocked means you can flush 27.8 heat points in roughly 3 seconds, from the max current heat gauge of 36, for a cost of 50.000 CBills.

I need to point out the error here.
Namely the "Max current heat gauge of 36."
If this were the case, take any mech with 15 DHS (250 engine + 5 DHS, 200 engine + 7 DHs, 150 engine + 9 DHS, etc. all equal 15 DHS), and simultaineously fire 3 PPCs and 2 ML. You should shut down, especially since the 3rd PPC causes a total of 40.47 heat to come from your 3 PPCs instead of 28.5 heat.

End result? Failure to shut down.
In fact, provided that you have 10 DHS or 13 SHS, the 3 PPCs will not shut you down. This is because 10 DHS gives you a maximum heat of 50 without any skill tree unlocks. 13 SHS gives you a maximum of 43.

The current maximum heat gauge is actually 139.73.
The current realistically usable maximum heat gauge is 128.39 (that is with enough weapons to actually not be a joke build).
The average heat gauge ranges from 60 to 86.

Hitting the maximum heat gauge is shown as "100%" which results in a shutdown (unless you have override on). Exceeding it somewhat causes internal damage. Exceeding it by 120% causes massive CT damage. Exceeding it by 150% causes instant death. (These are all if you shut down, if you override the percentages are different and far less kind).

Abuse time!
Spoiler

If it helps:
Stated Cooling rates are per second.
Every mech has a base of 30 Threshold with 0 cooling.
Your SHS adds currently 0.12 units of cooling per second, 1.2 units of threshold are added per heatsink. No changes whether they come with the engine or are manually added in.
Your IS DHS adds 0.15 units Cooling and 1.5 units Threshold if added on its own. If part of your engine it adds 0.2 units cooling and 2.0 Threshold.
Clan DHS does the same currently (they keep changing it though).

Then: Cool Run adds 20% faster cooling (after elite, only 10% with basics)
Heat Containment 15% more Threshold. (after elite, only 7.5% with basics).

Thus: A mech with a 250 engine, 7 additional DHS and elite skills has the following:
Mech: 30 Threshold, 0 cooling.
250 engine: Contains 10 DHs at 0.2 cooling/sec each and 2 threshold each for a total of 2 cooling/second and 20 threshold
7 additional DHS at 0.15 cooling/sec each and 1.5 threshold each for a total of 1.05 cooling/second 10.5 threshold.
Current total: 3.05 cooling/second and 60.5 threshold.
Add elite skills: 3.05 cooling/second + 20% = 3.66 cooling/second. 60.5 threshold + 15% = 69.575 threshold.

And survey says... (from a heat simulator not updated since May 2015...)
Heat Threshold : 71.75999999999999
Cooling Rate : 3.43 heat/sec

So the same build in May 2015 would have 0.33 less cooling per second, and be able to generate 2.185 [rounded] more heat than it would today.

Old Heat Sim if you wanna experiment.

Edit:
Used "STD" as an abbreviation for Standard Heatsink. Changed to SHS to not confuse with a STD engine.

Edited by Koniving, 30 April 2017 - 08:49 AM.

#7593 Lorcryst NySell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 533 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:55 AM

Oooooh ! Thank you !!!

I didn't knew the differences between "threshold" and "cooling rate", nor that Heat Sinks added to both !

I was just going on by what info is available ingame (not much).

Edited by Lorcryst NySell, 30 April 2017 - 08:56 AM.

#7594 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 30 April 2017 - 12:28 PM

View PostLorcryst NySell, on 30 April 2017 - 08:16 AM, said:

- Cool Boost gives a 20% efficiency boost to *ALL* Cool Shots Consumables :

A Cool Shot 6 will flush 7.2 points of heat
A Cool Shot 9 will flush 10.8 points of heat
A Cool Shot 9 by 9 will flush two times 10.8 points of heat
A Cool Shot 18 (the MC one) will flush 21.6 points of heat

the coolshot 9 by 9 and 18 are functionaly identical, so 9 by 9 would be 21.6 the same as the 18, the 9 by 9 should have been named 9+9 but PGI seem opposed to making things simple to understand. Another classic example of confusing naming is the weapon cooldown quirks and modules which increase rate of fire likely making the Mech heat up more quickly, they most certainly do not help the Mech/weapon cool down.

#7595 Lorcryst NySell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 533 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:48 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 30 April 2017 - 12:28 PM, said:

the coolshot 9 by 9 and 18 are functionaly identical, so 9 by 9 would be 21.6 the same as the 18, the 9 by 9 should have been named 9+9 but PGI seem opposed to making things simple to understand. Another classic example of confusing naming is the weapon cooldown quirks and modules which increase rate of fire likely making the Mech heat up more quickly, they most certainly do not help the Mech/weapon cool down.

Almost identical :

The Coolshot 18 flushes in one go.

The Coolshot 9 by 9 will flush two times, with a second between flushes.

At least according to the descriptions ingame ...

The end result is the same, but the 9 by 9 takes a second more ... it can make a difference !

#7596 G4LV4TR0N

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 907 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 11:39 PM

Clan ERPPC has no minimal range, right? No damage reduction in melee?

#7597 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 30 April 2017 - 11:45 PM

View PostG4LV4TR0N, on 30 April 2017 - 11:39 PM, said:

Clan ERPPC has no minimal range, right? No damage reduction in melee?

For the first question: Correct. This applies to both Clan and IS ERPPCs.

I assume by melee you mean brawl? And yes, there is no damage reduction at point blank range, there is however the usual damage reduction beyond the optimum range.

#7598 Zigmund Freud

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 12:09 PM

Excuse me if I'm blind, but where is "mech builds" subforum? Or I just post a new topic with coresponding tag in General discussion subforum?

#7599 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 02 May 2017 - 12:22 PM

View PostZigmund Freud, on 02 May 2017 - 12:09 PM, said:

Excuse me if I'm blind, but where is "mech builds" subforum? Or I just post a new topic with coresponding tag in General discussion subforum?

Guides and strategies under the new player forum.

There used to be specific ones for weight classes, but no longer.

#7600 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 07:09 PM

How much cbills you need to send invites to unit? I assume they level up as bigger the unit gets.

Edited by Teer Kerensky, 05 May 2017 - 07:09 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users