10296 replies to this topic

#8981 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 July 2018 - 07:20 AM

A one-shot camo is the cheaper option. It's applied once to a mech and is only valid for that particular mech (not variant, and not chassis). This is only for the pattern. The colors can be changed freely at any time without loosing the camo or incurring any additional costs except if colors are purchased. Hero mechs and Special mechs come with a special camo that can be changed but never lost (it can always be reapplied).

This is ALWAYS the way one-shot camos have worked--one mech, that's it.

Colors have no one-shot equivalent. Once purchased they can be used anywhere for any mech at any time. Note: Colors used in special camos can be used on that mech only (in the case of hero mech camo colors) but there is usually a similar or exact version that can be purchased.

Unlocked camos (forget the exact naming offhand) are 10 times the price, but acts as a true unlock. Once purchased, you can use it for all variants of a particular mech chassis. You can swap the camo and always come back to it for no additional cost. Again, colors operate independently of camo as described above. This is the exact behavior you are describing so this must be what you have, however it happened.

At no time does x number of one-shots turn into an unlock. If it does, it has NEVER been documented by PGI and no one has ever mentioned this behavior in 6 years.

#8982 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 July 2018 - 09:50 AM

View PostG4LV4TR0N, on 21 July 2018 - 05:14 AM, said:

scroll up
Certain camos on certain mechs were bonuses for preordering the mech pack. I was going to use your screenshots to cross-compare if perhaps that's the cause behind the situation you are reporting, but if you prefer to do it on your own...

#8983 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 21 July 2018 - 02:51 PM

View PostG4LV4TR0N, on 21 July 2018 - 12:12 AM, said:

There's no need for any screens as it just acts like it would be permanently unlocked. I didn't "win" that camo neither because when it became prize once I have unlocked it for different chassis and it's also unlocked there.

A screen shot of your mechlab with the "owned" tab with the chassis in question with "unlocked" option would clarify if it's actually unlocked for you. It wouldn't confirm if you accidentally did purchase an unlock pattern, but it would confirm if you own the pattern, what chassis it is on, etc.

If you don't want to, of course you don't need to provide any screens. However, that just limits our ability to assist you with your question.

#8984 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 02:36 AM

How did I missed the sale on Premium time?

I was watching and it seemed to skip it.

Damn it!

#8985 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 05:32 PM

It seems like when I turn off a laser AMS, the normal one's turn off also yet they are in a different row. Is there a way just to turn the laser ones off?

#8986 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 05:42 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 25 July 2018 - 05:32 PM, said:

It seems like when I turn off a laser AMS, the normal one's turn off also yet they are in a different row. Is there a way just to turn the laser ones off?

As far as I know, either they all are on or all are off. Then again, I've never felt the need to turn my AMS off, but I don't use LAMS (yet).

#8987 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 08:30 AM

OK, MGs.

I'm trying to figure out damage compared to the others. One thing is that there are 1,000 rounds per ammo for an HMG, 2,000 for an MG and 2,500 for an LMG.

But what is the rate of fire? How many rounds per second do they spit out? The same amount per kind of MG?

The only math I can do is this. If this is in anyway right. Per one ton of ammo, an HMG "can do" 1,500 damage, an MG can do 2,000 damage and an LMG "can do" 1,750 damage

Is there something I'm missing? The MG seems best unless you expect to fire from a longer range. But my numbers have to be way off.

I just ran a PIR-1(with 3 flamers) and it ran out of ammo. I had 10 MGs and 3 tons of ammo. I did 536 damage in that game. So either my math is way off or I can't hit above 13% with MGs.

But what I was trying to do is get more ammo. But 3 tons seems the limit unless I go down in engine size which gives me another 1/2 ton but I pay for it with speed. I cannot buy another engine on this account but I will try it on another one.

I'm thinking that this comes down to two things. 1) I need to shoot a lot better. 2) Since this is maybe the only time this Pirahana ran out of ammo instead of dying first, I should not worry about it.

#8988 AureliusDean

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • 148 posts
  • LocationWiarton, Canada

Posted 28 July 2018 - 11:58 AM

Just manually highlight the laser ams with your arrow keys and use right ctrl to activate and deactivate, the same method you would use to change weapon groups on the fly. (sorry about wonky formatting I'm on my demented crap top.

#8989 tutzdes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 445 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 11:58 AM

View PostLikeUntoBuddha, on 28 July 2018 - 08:30 AM, said:

OK, MGs.

I'm trying to figure out damage compared to the others. One thing is that there are 1,000 rounds per ammo for an HMG, 2,000 for an MG and 2,500 for an LMG.

But what is the rate of fire? How many rounds per second do they spit out? The same amount per kind of MG?
Most weapons can deal around 150-200 damage per ton of ammo. For weapons with huge spread it can be higher, the highest possible damage per ton seems to be for MRMs (340 unskilled).

So, I wouldn't hope that damage per ton of ammo will be higher than ~200 for MGs. From experience, HMGs need more (tons of) ammo to deal the same damage as MGs and LMGs, so I expect the HMG ammo to be at lower end of damage spectrum per ton.

Crit damage is counted (at least it used to) towards damage score, so for MGs you can get higher end-of-match screen damage numbers than it could do vs armor alone with the ammo you bring.

Edited by tutzdes, 28 July 2018 - 12:01 PM.

#8990 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 01:06 PM

OK, MGs.

The only math I can do is this. If this is in anyway right. Per one ton of ammo, an HMG "can do" 1,500 damage, an MG can do 2,000 damage and an LMG "can do" 1,750 damage

Is there something I'm missing? The MG seems best unless you expect to fire from a longer range. But my numbers have to be way off.

I just ran a PIR-1(with 3 flamers) and it ran out of ammo. I had 10 MGs and 3 tons of ammo. I did 536 damage in that game. So either my math is way off or I can't hit above 13% with MGs.

But what I was trying to do is get more ammo. But 3 tons seems the limit unless I go down in engine size which gives me another 1/2 ton but I pay for it with speed. I cannot buy another engine on this account but I will try it on another one.

I'm thinking that this comes down to two things. 1) I need to shoot a lot better. 2) Since this is maybe the only time this Pirahana ran out of ammo instead of dying first, I should not worry about it.

Interesting questions and I'm waiting for someone answers but IMO, you ask too many questions at one time.

A Solaris flamer question. How less efficient are they there?

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 29 July 2018 - 01:08 PM.

#8991 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 957 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 29 July 2018 - 02:47 PM

OK, MGs.

On the Profile Page you can See your accuracy per weapon in the stat Pages.

Edited by el piromaniaco, 29 July 2018 - 02:48 PM.

#8992 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 957 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 29 July 2018 - 02:54 PM

My Mg Rate is 63%, most accurate weapon in my hands, the Ssrm-4 with 90%.

#8993 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 02:23 AM

View Posttutzdes, on 28 July 2018 - 11:58 AM, said:

Most weapons can deal around 150-200 damage per ton of ammo. For weapons with huge spread it can be higher, the highest possible damage per ton seems to be for MRMs (340 unskilled).

Good info, anymore? In other words, where did you read this? Very good info.

I will ask his question again. Would you prefer an HMG, an MG or an LMG?

Oddly enough, I started doing Solaris. And it is a trip, semi totally different then what I thought it would be. I thought "the divisions" would be more like weight classes.

I've learned to carry ONE Streak for Piranhas.....lol.

#8994 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 05:51 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 31 July 2018 - 02:23 AM, said:

Good info, anymore? In other words, where did you read this? Very good info.

I will ask his question again. Would you prefer an HMG, an MG or an LMG?

Typically, HMGs are considered as too heavy and too close ranged to truly be effective. LMGs now deal too little damage since their last change (can't recall if it's due to spread or an actual damage reduction), but do have the range to be more useful in more situations.

Right now, it's the standard MG that is being heavily used. It's still light (unlike the HMG), and it works at reasonable ranges with good damage (especially when there is no armor left). It's what many Piranhas are using at the moment.

Of course, I could be slightly incorrect, but I'm going to assume that if I am, someone else here will correct my information. I'm not one to utilize MGs very often.

#8995 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 07:49 AM

Thanks!

Is there a place about Solaris where I can find weapon changes etc? I know that flamers have been nerfed but I can't find it anywhere.

#8996 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:16 AM

View PostLikeUntoBuddha, on 31 July 2018 - 07:49 AM, said:

Thanks!

Is there a place about Solaris where I can find weapon changes etc? I know that flamers have been nerfed but I can't find it anywhere.

It was in a patch note. Lemme see if I can find it... I think that was March?

Turns out patch notes have a separate area of the website, so no need to dig through the forum. However, doesn't say what the nerf was.

https://mwomercs.com...atch-notes/2038
Weapon Restrictions
Flamers are not restricted in Solaris, however their performance has been reduced with a nerf which only applies to the Solaris Games.

There is one key restriction in terms of weapon loadouts for Solaris. Any combination of 7 or more of the following weapons will result in an invalid 'Mech build for Solaris matches:
  • Heavy PPC
  • Clan ER PPC
  • Clan ER Large Laser
  • Clan Heavy Large Laser
  • Clan Large Pulse Laser

Edited by TheCaptainJZ, 31 July 2018 - 08:26 AM.

#8997 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 04:09 PM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 31 July 2018 - 08:16 AM, said:

It was in a patch note. Lemme see if I can find it... I think that was March?

Turns out patch notes have a separate area of the website, so no need to dig through the forum. However, doesn't say what the nerf was.

Weapon Restrictions
Flamers are not restricted in Solaris, however their performance has been reduced with a nerf which only applies to the Solaris Games.

There is one key restriction in terms of weapon loadouts for Solaris. Any combination of 7 or more of the following weapons will result in an invalid 'Mech build for Solaris matches:
  • Heavy PPC
  • Clan ER PPC
  • Clan ER Large Laser
  • Clan Heavy Large Laser
  • Clan Large Pulse Laser

First off, thanks so much!

Second, how freaking sad is this that PGI cannot tell us how simple things work.

#8998 DFM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 261 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 04:14 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 31 July 2018 - 04:09 PM, said:

First off, thanks so much!

Second, how freaking sad is this that PGI cannot tell us how simple things work.

They did document the changes in the OG patch notes though.

#8999 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 04:21 PM

OK, I found this. However, it still does not give a number. (OG patch notes?)

The text below had 12 plus basic errors, no one uses spell check?

Here is the thing about this and Flamers. This has been the way in the game that they have acted. You can no longer fire over 4 of them.

Hmmm, Interesting question. On the Solaris maps, do weapon work like in the matches?

Energy Changes

Flamer
  • Heat Scale penalty introduced for firing more then 4 flamers
  • Flamers will function differently for the Solaris Game Mode.

[The next following Flamer changes below are ONLY APPLIED to Solaris 7 arena matches]
  • Target heat generation Greatly reduced in the Solaris game mode.
  • Critical damage increased providing flamers a similar damage profile to standard Machine Guns.

Clan Flamer
  • Heat Scale penalty introduced for firing more then 4 flamers.
  • Flamers will function differently for the Solaris Game Mode.

[The next following Clan Flamer changes below are ONLY APPLIED to Solaris 7 arena matches]
  • Target heat generation greatly reduce for the Solaris Game mode.
  • Critical damage increased providing flamers a similar damage profile to standard Clan Machine Guns.

Design Notes: With the introduction of Solaris 7, we will be adding a Heat penalty to the weapon for firing more then 4 flamers. This will be carried over into the core flamer property to keep consistency from the firers side when it comes to self Flamer Heat generation. Flamer effects to the target will depend on the game mode. In all non-Solaris game modes, the Flamer will remain unchanged from its current attributes outside of the new Heat Scale penalty. Within Solaris, the Flamer's overall impact will be more dependent on holding the flamer against the target for an extended period of time. With a focus towards stalling / reducing heat dissipation against a target rather then perpetually having a target stun locked by maxing out their heat. To compensate for this loss in core effectiveness, instead flamers within Solaris will operate similar to Standard Machine Guns. With boosted damage against internal structure, while still heating up the targeted 'Mech.[/color]

#9000 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 August 2018 - 10:33 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 31 July 2018 - 04:21 PM, said:

OK, I found this. However, it still does not give a number. (OG patch notes?)

Ok, yeah I read that once upon a time too. Those are the only two places I've ever seen it mentioned so I guess we never got any numbers for it.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users