• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 18 August 2018 - 10:29 AM

View PostLikeUntoBuddha, on 18 August 2018 - 04:59 AM, said:

I thought we had a recent Patch but I can't find it

A new PTS was released, so it may have "looked" like a patch?

#9023 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 06:18 PM

Thanks, Tesunie!

OK, Teamspeak and Overwolf. When I run Overwolf it takes over from the game. It comes to the front and I cannot see to play.

I was told tonight three things.

1) there is an Overwolf just for Teamspeak but then I thought that was what it was for.

2) that it works better on Steam (which I've hated for years) but I was reminded that this is a free game so they cannot tell me that I do not own it and I'd have to send in a picture etc which is one reason I always get a hard copy.

3) I was told that there is now new choices of reticles?

#9024 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 08:15 PM

View PostLikeUntoBuddha, on 19 August 2018 - 06:18 PM, said:

2) that it works better on Steam (which I've hated for years) but I was reminded that this is a free game so they cannot tell me that I do not own it and I'd have to send in a picture etc which is one reason I always get a hard copy.

3) I was told that there is now new choices of reticles?

I can not help with Overwolf, as I've never actually used the program. I use to use Teamspeak with my unit, but we recently moved to Discord. Personally speaking, I feel Discord has been much easier to use, free and far more flexible. Personally, I'd just check out Discord if you think you can convince your friends to use it as well. It's completely free.

As for the rest:
2. The game is free on Steam, so it would be free to download it from there if you wished to try it. I believe it will be a separate download, and also recall it will have the Steam program running in the background. For many people, this isn't a problem. Some people, it's an extra strain on their system it can't handle. As for the rest, it will behave just as it does from the portal downloader, right on to the log in screen as well.

3. There are two choices as far as I know: Normal and "Color Blind". There isn't much of a difference, but they are different. The biggest one is that the color blind version changes shape when you hit as well as color. So it goes from a + to an X when you hit.

#9025 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 03:26 AM

I'm on discord but what bothers me about it is when I'm on, and I might have this wrong I think everyone I know can contact me.

I need to go back to it and read it better. Thanks!

#9026 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,760 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 22 August 2018 - 03:38 PM

Hello all,

I am currently a Steiner loyalist (Cpl), still showing in ‘probation’ phase. Under the current game rules, if I switch factions for a time, then go back to Steiner, do I lose the progress I made with that faction?

Thanks!
CFC Conky

#9027 OldManAhab

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 04:05 PM

So the gauss explosion deals 20 damage. That was easy to find.
What's the damage value for a light gauss explosion? And a heavy gauss?

#9028 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 05:32 PM

View PostCFC Conky, on 22 August 2018 - 03:38 PM, said:

Hello all,

I am currently a Steiner loyalist (Cpl), still showing in ‘probation’ phase. Under the current game rules, if I switch factions for a time, then go back to Steiner, do I lose the progress I made with that faction?

Thanks!
CFC Conky

As far as I know, you should not lose any progress with Steiner. There are no more progress penalties for changing factions, just the probation time.

View PostOldManAhab, on 22 August 2018 - 04:05 PM, said:

So the gauss explosion deals 20 damage. That was easy to find.
What's the damage value for a light gauss explosion? And a heavy gauss?

As far as I know, and I could be wrong here, but I believe it's 20 and 20 damage, respectfully. If I'm wrong, then count on H Gauss dealing more damage and Lt Gauss dealing less. If it isn't 20 damage, then I'd estimate probably 15-16 for LT and 23-25 for H.

Besides those guesses, I don't know specifically.

#9029 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 August 2018 - 05:53 PM

View PostCFC Conky, on 22 August 2018 - 03:38 PM, said:

Hello all,

Thanks!
CFC Conky

The probation period should reset anytime you start and pledge loyalty. You won't lose LPs or progress with those however so you can switch. However, you lose LPs for kills against Steiner when playing against them. Just 30 a kill I think so not hard to regain, and it's only for kills, not assists.

#9030 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 09:51 AM

Anyone else having problems using F-3 in a game? It works on the testing grounds.

No idea why PGI cannot have on the HUD rather or not your missile doors are open.

I'm also having some warp issues. I keep finding myself 40m away and pointing in another direction.

#9031 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 10:01 AM

View PostLikeUntoBuddha, on 23 August 2018 - 09:51 AM, said:

Anyone else having problems using F-3 in a game? It works on the testing grounds.

No idea why PGI cannot have on the HUD rather or not your missile doors are open.

I'm also having some warp issues. I keep finding myself 40m away and pointing in another direction.

F3 is 3rd person view, right? So rarely use that I don't know... I only use third person view to see my camo sometimes.

There are some small lights that change color when your bay doors are open or closed. It's hard to see sometimes, and in different locations on different mechs. Might be something that could be on the HUD, but most times it's a minor point as not many mechs have doors.

That, my friend, is called lag or possible rendering issues. Most likely a lag spike. I get it from time to time, and it can be really annoying or even kill me in a match.

#9032 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 11:40 AM

Thanks. I just use to it to see Camo or to check my missile doors.

I'm also giving up on Overwolf, It has gotten me killed a number of times.

#9033 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 August 2018 - 12:18 PM

Third person view is disabled in Faction Play.

There is a pair of - terrible - indicators inside your cockpit.

#9034 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 05:37 AM

I'm trying to buy another Bushmaster and I have an empty mechbay for it. Yet it says I will have to buy another one?

NM, I just restarted the game.

Edited by LikeUntoBuddha, 01 September 2018 - 05:41 AM.

#9035 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 05:47 AM

Posted ImagePosted ImageMissing skill nodes?

Damn it what image posting works here?

Posted Image

Restarted again. All the bugs are working hard today including my "weapons group" bug.

Edited by LikeUntoBuddha, 01 September 2018 - 06:47 AM.

#9036 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 08:04 AM

View PostBrenden, on 02 August 2018 - 10:59 AM, said:

How come we don't have a Hermes?

They haven't made one yet.

Also it isn't all that different from a Spider.

#9037 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 08:09 AM

F4 is the default key for third person, F3 is what many set it to.
But you're talking about missile doors? There's green/yellow/red indicators on your cockpit toward either pillar.

Warp issues -- this means that there's an issue between you and the network as far as connection goes. You're being teleported to match where the server believes you are, versus where you directed yourself on the client during a 'blackout' in communicating with the server.

Think of it as an annoying anti-cheat thing, preventing you from artificially changing your position. After all to everyone else, you're where you got teleported to and not where you were teleported from.

#9038 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 01 September 2018 - 09:40 AM

View PostLikeUntoBuddha, on 01 September 2018 - 05:47 AM, said:

Missing skill nodes?

No. PGI left some empty spaces in that tree before.

#9039 Tier5ForLife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 481 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 10:35 AM

View PostHorseman, on 01 September 2018 - 09:40 AM, said:

No. PGI left some empty spaces in that tree before.

Before. Did they change it?

#9040 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 10:41 AM

View PostLikeUntoBuddha, on 01 September 2018 - 10:35 AM, said:

Before. Did they change it?

some of the previous blank spaces were filled in with Flamer skill nodes. So those blank spots may down the road become filled with a skill node (maybe Plasma Rifle related ones for example). On the other hand, they may remain blank as just blocks to channel skill nodes and provide resistance to certain skills, making it an investment still to get those skills.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users