Short Question, Short Answer

10292 replies to this topic

#9761 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 05 September 2021 - 10:26 AM

Members of a team don't have to be from the same unit. Teams have their own controls in the comp tab.

#9762 Ulrich von Helfenstein

• PipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 97 posts
  • LocationOregon / US

Posted 05 September 2021 - 01:04 PM

View PostGagis, on 05 September 2021 - 10:26 AM, said:

Members of a team don't have to be from the same unit. Teams have their own controls in the comp tab.

Thanks .. and ... Ahh I see ... so where is a good place to inform oneself about teams and if any team is looking for another member etc. ?

#9763 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 05 September 2021 - 02:43 PM

Theres the comp discord at https://discord.gg/jmU3VQFj

Some streamers on twitch might be organizing teams for fun and participation rewards too.

#9764 Ulrich von Helfenstein

• PipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 97 posts
  • LocationOregon / US

Posted 05 September 2021 - 06:18 PM

View PostGagis, on 05 September 2021 - 02:43 PM, said:

Theres the comp discord at https://discord.gg/jmU3VQFj

Some streamers on twitch might be organizing teams for fun and participation rewards too.

Hmm that may rule me out then ... sorry I don't do 'Social Media' no FaceBook no Twitter no SnapChat .. none of that ... and I am not about to start for this competition ... and much as I want to participate, I am not going there.

But I will check out the Discord link .. just recently got on to that and I am still not sure what to think of it.

Edited by Ulrich von Helfenstein, 05 September 2021 - 06:19 PM.

#9765 Ulrich von Helfenstein

• PipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 97 posts
  • LocationOregon / US

Posted 18 September 2021 - 09:53 PM

It has been a while .. but I have another question :D ... in the monthly Mech challenge/give-a-way .. are these always Inner Sphere variants? I like the Warhammer ... but I need it in the 'IIC' chassis type ... :)

#9766 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 04:29 AM

these reward mechs vary. we've had IS mechs, Clan Mechs, and even both sides on the Speed of Light event.

Edited by Aidan Crenshaw, 19 September 2021 - 04:29 AM.

#9767 Ulrich von Helfenstein

• PipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 97 posts
  • LocationOregon / US

Posted 19 September 2021 - 07:35 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 19 September 2021 - 04:29 AM, said:

these reward mechs vary. we've had IS mechs, Clan Mechs, and even both sides on the Speed of Light event.

Thank you for that clarification Aiden.

#9768 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 27 September 2021 - 01:22 AM

View PostUlrich von Helfenstein, on 18 September 2021 - 09:53 PM, said:

It has been a while .. but I have another question Posted Image ... in the monthly Mech challenge/give-a-way .. are these always Inner Sphere variants? I like the Warhammer ... but I need it in the 'IIC' chassis type ... Posted Image

Recently PGI has offered a lot of Clan 'Mechs as free 'Mech rewards: Arctic Cheetah, Huntsman, Mad Cat, Mad Cat Mk. II, etc.

So seeing Warhammer IIC as a reward 'Mech in some future monthly event is quite possible.

#9769 Ulrich von Helfenstein

• PipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 97 posts
  • LocationOregon / US

Posted 27 September 2021 - 10:40 AM

View Postmartian, on 27 September 2021 - 01:22 AM, said:

Recently PGI has offered a lot of Clan 'Mechs as free 'Mech rewards: Arctic Cheetah, Huntsman, Mad Cat, Mad Cat Mk. II, etc.

So seeing Warhammer IIC as a reward 'Mech in some future monthly event is quite possible.

Oh ! That is fantastic news .. I may not have been around yet for these Clan mechs (too bad) but then there is hope for me yet :) ... actually I just barely missed the 'Arctic Cheetah' ... that was when I got started and didn't quite understand these events yet. I will keep an eye out for future events
Thank you Martian for the additional info!

#9770 Ulrich von Helfenstein

• PipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 97 posts
  • LocationOregon / US

Posted 27 September 2021 - 10:49 AM

Actually .. while I am at it ... go figure :D ... I have another question, every so often (in QP as well as Faction) my screen somewhat flickers and I loose all the locks and/or radar pings .. it almost seems like somebody set off an EMP .. is that possible? or do I have glitches in my software/computer?

#9771 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 27 September 2021 - 11:05 AM

View PostUlrich von Helfenstein, on 27 September 2021 - 10:49 AM, said:

Actually .. while I am at it ... go figure Posted Image ... I have another question, every so often (in QP as well as Faction) my screen somewhat flickers and I loose all the locks and/or radar pings .. it almost seems like somebody set off an EMP .. is that possible? or do I have glitches in my software/computer?

There are two possible scenarios:

A. Some enemy 'Mech equipped with Guardian ECM suite passed in your vicinity.

B. In Incursion game mode the enemy team powered up their RADAR jamming tower (essentially, battlefield-wide ECM).

#9772 Ulrich von Helfenstein

• PipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 97 posts
  • LocationOregon / US

Posted 27 September 2021 - 11:39 AM

View Postmartian, on 27 September 2021 - 11:05 AM, said:

There are two possible scenarios:

A. Some enemy 'Mech equipped with Guardian ECM suite passed in your vicinity.

B. In Incursion game mode the enemy team powered up their RADAR jamming tower (essentially, battlefield-wide ECM).

Ahh I see .. it was probably one of these pesky stealth's with Guardian ECM .. thank you for explaining that .. it was not in an 'Incursion' style play.

Once again .. thank you Martian for answering my pesky (and never ending) questions :)

#9773 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 27 September 2021 - 11:45 AM

View PostUlrich von Helfenstein, on 27 September 2021 - 11:39 AM, said:

Ahh I see .. it was probably one of these pesky stealth's with Guardian ECM .. thank you for explaining that .. it was not in an 'Incursion' style play.

Once again .. thank you Martian for answering my pesky (and never ending) questions Posted Image

My pleasure. Posted Image

The number of 'Mechs equipped with ECM has been growing for the last few months.

#9774 Ulrich von Helfenstein

• PipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 97 posts
  • LocationOregon / US

Posted 27 September 2021 - 12:25 PM

View Postmartian, on 27 September 2021 - 11:45 AM, said:

My pleasure. Posted Image

The number of 'Mechs equipped with ECM has been growing for the last few months.

I noticed .. I have ECM (Clan) on one of mine ... but it seems not to work as well as I hoped .. other than when using it in 'counter' mode ... that seems to work :D
Again ... thanks for your prompt and helpful replies!

#9775 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 27 September 2021 - 12:42 PM

View PostUlrich von Helfenstein, on 27 September 2021 - 12:25 PM, said:

I noticed .. I have ECM (Clan) on one of mine ... but it seems not to work as well as I hoped .. other than when using it in 'counter' mode ... that seems to work Posted Image

The next time check your tactical display for "LOW SIGNAL" warning.

See the screen capture:

Posted Image

I stopped my 'Mech when I got that "Low Signal" warning. Seemingly nothing in front of me. But just under the edge of the rock I was standing on was a Stealth Cicada. Posted Image

Twenty seconds later, he was toast ...

#9776 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,748 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 27 September 2021 - 01:44 PM

Seismic sensors for the win. Posted Image

#9777 Ulrich von Helfenstein

• PipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 97 posts
  • LocationOregon / US

Posted 27 September 2021 - 07:32 PM

View Postmartian, on 27 September 2021 - 12:42 PM, said:

The next time check your tactical display for "LOW SIGNAL" warning.

See the screen capture:

Posted Image

I stopped my 'Mech when I got that "Low Signal" warning. Seemingly nothing in front of me. But just under the edge of the rock I was standing on was a Stealth Cicada. Posted Image

Twenty seconds later, he was toast ...

LOL ... I usually see them way too late .. and then I am 'toast' or better scrap metal :D .. thanks again !!

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 27 September 2021 - 01:44 PM, said:

Seismic sensors for the win. Posted Image

I may want to look into that .. right now if have my 'skills' allocated otherwise ... maybe worth re-arranging :D

Thanks for the advise!

#9778 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 27 September 2021 - 08:47 PM

View PostUlrich von Helfenstein, on 27 September 2021 - 07:32 PM, said:

LOL ... I usually see them way too late .. and then I am 'toast' or better scrap metal Posted Image .. thanks again !!

In such moments it is usually a good idea to check that you do not have an enemy light 'Mech behind your back.

View PostUlrich von Helfenstein, on 27 September 2021 - 07:32 PM, said:

I may want to look into that .. right now if have my 'skills' allocated otherwise ... maybe worth re-arranging Posted Image

It depends on the battlefield role of your 'Mech. You would have to spend a lot of skill nodes and I know that some players invest their skills into different areas.

#9779 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 28 September 2021 - 05:40 AM

View PostUlrich von Helfenstein, on 27 September 2021 - 12:25 PM, said:

I noticed .. I have ECM (Clan) on one of mine ... but it seems not to work as well as I hoped .. other than when using it in 'counter' mode ... that seems to work Posted Image

ECM requires the Enhanced ECM nodes for full effectiveness, and Radar Deprivation is highly recommended. Other than that, remember it's still only sensor stealth and beaten by eyeball mark one.

#9780 Ulrich von Helfenstein

• PipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 97 posts
  • LocationOregon / US

Posted 28 September 2021 - 07:33 AM

View PostHorseman, on 28 September 2021 - 05:40 AM, said:

ECM requires the Enhanced ECM nodes for full effectiveness, and Radar Deprivation is highly recommended. Other than that, remember it's still only sensor stealth and beaten by eyeball mark one.

Agreed. I had all the nodes for that activated, but it felt like diminishing returns .. oh well .. I just stick with my head-through-the-wall approach and someday I can make that work ... I hope :D

Thanks for all the replies .. they are much appreciated !!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users