10293 replies to this topic

#9841 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,705 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 02:23 AM

View Postw0qj, on 13 October 2021 - 01:05 AM, said:

And procuring a Hero mech that fits you well (lots of wins, assists, and even a few kills) would help jumpstart your ingame CBills economy, as well as grinding for a pool of GXP.

Before buying a new 'Mech - and especially before spending cash or MCs on a Hero 'Mech - it is always a good idea to ask in this section. Because, honestly, some Hero 'Mechs are not good. Some of them are mediocre and other ones are outright bad.

View Postw0qj, on 13 October 2021 - 01:05 AM, said:

Once you get to Tier 1/2, especially if you are in a more serious Unit, others would frown upon you getting a new mech, as that may drag down the stats for win/loss/etc. I've heard that therefore folks need to almost instantly skill-level up their new mechs, using your pool of GXP, or even procuring GSP (loot bags, even buy GSP with real money).

Not my idea of fun, frankly. ymmv

Personally I play just as a casual player - not as a member of a serious group - and I would say that skilling up a new 'Mech is quite doable, even in Tier 1.

Some 'Mechs are mediocre no matter what you do with them, some 'Mechs get significantly better when skilled up, and there are also 'Mechs that are so good that skilling them up is just a secondary concern that you do almost as an afterthought.

#9842 Ulrich von Helfenstein

• PipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 97 posts
  • LocationOregon / US

Posted 13 October 2021 - 08:03 AM

Thanks to both of you ! I will keep your advise in mind .. I really like the mech(s) I am piloting at the moment .. and I am constantly making very minor changes to 'tweak' it just right :) .. and as for upper tiers .. as I said, I cross that bridge when I (someday) get there .. priority right now is to stay in '4' and not to slip back down.

#9843 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,705 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 10:43 PM

View PostUlrich von Helfenstein, on 13 October 2021 - 08:03 AM, said:

... priority right now is to stay in '4' and not to slip back down.

Essentially, there are three choices:

1. Not caring about Tiers.

2. Playing it safely. Using fire support builds to farm as much damage as you can and pushing the bar that way. Sometimes this method works, but it can create some undesirable habits in the long term.

3. Playing it aggressively. Aiming for the team victory (the victorious team players get a PSR bonus and better C-Bills payout) and getting not only damage and - hopefully - kills, but adding other rewards such as Flanking, Scouting, Spotting, ECM jamming, etc. and pushing your PSR up that way. However, one must be always careful as not to overextend himself.

#9844 Ulrich von Helfenstein

• PipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 97 posts
  • LocationOregon / US

Posted 14 October 2021 - 11:35 AM

View Postmartian, on 13 October 2021 - 10:43 PM, said:

Essentially, there are three choices:

1. Not caring about Tiers.

2. Playing it safely. Using fire support builds to farm as much damage as you can and pushing the bar that way. Sometimes this method works, but it can create some undesirable habits in the long term.

3. Playing it aggressively. Aiming for the team victory (the victorious team players get a PSR bonus and better C-Bills payout) and getting not only damage and - hopefully - kills, but adding other rewards such as Flanking, Scouting, Spotting, ECM jamming, etc. and pushing your PSR up that way. However, one must be always careful as not to overextend himself.

LOL ..now you are telling me!!! :D .. I always (just my personality) will go for option 3 ... never been one for playing it safe :) .. and as you can tell by my rating being down to '5' again .. I have over extended myself ... again.
I think I will just keep playing the way I did .. it is the most enjoyable game action for me .. and if that means I will get my backside handed to me on a regular basis so be it .. but I also will have some great games that way !
So, it will be something between 'Option 1' and 'Option 3' .. I do care about it .. but I will not let it become my main focus!
The main focus is and always will be the play action and having fun :)

Thanks again Martian, it is always good the hear the opinion of somebody that has been 'around'!

#9845 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 760 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 14 October 2021 - 11:04 PM

Hi, I recently noticed that IS Mechs can now equipp C.A.S.E. in the arms.Has someone tested if it works as intendend? Can someone tell me in which patch that was done?
cheers!

#9846 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 14 October 2021 - 11:58 PM

First Cauldron patch I believe.

#9847 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,404 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 15 October 2021 - 12:41 AM

Yes! Since April 2021 Cauldron patch, IS mechs is now equippable CASE in Arms, Legs, Left/Right Torso, and at a cost of 1x critical slot, and at "zero" ton (no weight penalty)! CASE itself functions as before.

For full details of all Cauldron patches since April 2021, you can refer to below summary:
https://mwomercs.com...auldron-changes

View PostCyrilis, on 14 October 2021 - 11:04 PM, said:

Hi, I recently noticed that IS Mechs can now equipp C.A.S.E. in the arms.Has someone tested if it works as intendend? Can someone tell me in which patch that was done?
cheers!

Edited by w0qj, 15 October 2021 - 12:47 AM.

#9848 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 760 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 15 October 2021 - 03:19 AM

View Postw0qj, on 15 October 2021 - 12:41 AM, said:

Yes! Since April 2021 Cauldron patch, IS mechs is now equippable CASE in Arms, Legs, Left/Right Torso, and at a cost of 1x critical slot, and at "zero" ton (no weight penalty)! CASE itself functions as before.

For full details of all Cauldron patches since April 2021, you can refer to below summary:
https://mwomercs.com...auldron-changes

View PostHorseman, on 14 October 2021 - 11:58 PM, said:

First Cauldron patch I believe.

THX... got it!

#9849 Robaxacet

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 49 posts
  • LocationSteel Tower

Posted 17 October 2021 - 10:30 AM

Is there anything in the skill tree to reduce the amount of shake from firing Heavy Gauss?

#9850 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,705 posts

Posted 17 October 2021 - 10:39 AM

View PostRobaxacet, on 17 October 2021 - 10:30 AM, said:

Is there anything in the skill tree to reduce the amount of shake from firing Heavy Gauss?

No, there is no such skill node.

#9851 GenOrtega

• Pip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 02:10 AM

Are PPCs broken when registering hits?

e.g. I am in optimal range, I get reticle response that I hit, I have a good low server ping yet I get low damage at the end of the match. One game with many Hvy PPC shots at optimal resulted in only 87 dmg?!? Not viable, something broke?

Some folks I have spoken to say they have not been fixed for years.

#9852 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,705 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 02:23 AM

View PostGenOrtega, on 26 October 2021 - 02:10 AM, said:

Are PPCs broken when registering hits?

e.g. I am in optimal range, I get reticle response that I hit, I have a good low server ping yet I get low damage at the end of the match. One game with many Hvy PPC shots at optimal resulted in only 87 dmg?!? Not viable, something broke?

Some folks I have spoken to say they have not been fixed for years.

Yes, PPCs have had some problems with hit registration. Sometimes they work flawlessly, sometimes they do not.

By they way, do you know that Heavy PPCs have 90 m minimum range? Perhaps you were too close in some moments. That can happen in the heat of the battle.

Edited by martian, 26 October 2021 - 02:23 AM.

#9853 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 02:31 AM

Hit registration can be an issue, especially with single-projectile weapons. First you have to understand Host-State-Rewind (HSR) https://www.reddit.c...ith_videochat/.
The target you see at a certain position at a certain time may have different coordinates on the host server, this is affected by ping, as well as packet-loss and also server performance. You may see the projectile hit the target on your client, get a hit indicator by the client, but the host says nay, target wasn't there and won't register the damage.

That being said, I don't see it happen very often.

#9854 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 October 2021 - 03:09 PM

I was pretty sure the hit indicator was server authoritative, so your shot did hit.

#9855 Rondoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 247 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 November 2021 - 10:52 AM

Just a quick question on the Seasons for the leaderboards.

I tried to find a schedule of when each season starts and ends but could not. My search kung fu is not so good.

So just wondering if anyone has a link or a quick rundown of how they work.

Thankyou for any and all replies!

#9856 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,705 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 11:18 AM

View PostRondoe, on 01 November 2021 - 10:52 AM, said:

Just a quick question on the Seasons for the leaderboards.

I tried to find a schedule of when each season starts and ends but could not. My search kung fu is not so good.

That is simple: Each season starts on the first day of a month and it ends on the last day of the same month. So Season 64 started a few hours ago and it will end in 30 days. You need 10 games to register on the Leaderboard.

#9857 Rondoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 247 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 November 2021 - 11:22 AM

View Postmartian, on 01 November 2021 - 11:18 AM, said:

That is simple: Each season starts on the first day of a month and it ends on the last day of the same month. So Season 64 started a few hours ago and it will end in 30 days. You need 10 games to register on the Leaderboard.

Ahh so simple. Thanks for answering, much appreciated!

#9858 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,705 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 11:23 AM

View PostRondoe, on 01 November 2021 - 11:22 AM, said:

Ahh so simple. Thanks for answering, much appreciated!

Good luck! Posted Image

#9859 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 01 November 2021 - 02:53 PM

I believe the first and maybe the second season did not hold exact to that rule, though.

#9860 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 760 posts

Posted 02 November 2021 - 04:13 AM

Is there a possibility to find my older posts somewhere? I am looking for something I've postet ages ago and is not listet in my profile anymore

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users