Short Question, Short Answer

10292 replies to this topic

#9401 Kano111

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 91 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 July 2020 - 11:29 PM

What does it mean when it says next to Premium time (active) and (banked)

I'm currently looking to buy a hero pack and it comes with (active) premium time but I have premium time 'active' right now. Do I lose that time or is it added onto my existing 28days?

Thanks

#9402 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 11:37 PM

It's added. Active premium time just runs from the moment it's added to your account ingame, regardless if you are online or not. So if you have 12 Days active PT and get another 30 Days, you'll have 42 Days afterwards.
Banked premium time came with older mechpacks up until the civil war pack, which was the first to give you active PT instead.
Banked PT can be activated in chunks or all at once.

Edited by Aidan Crenshaw, 02 July 2020 - 11:38 PM.

#9403 Kano111

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 91 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 July 2020 - 12:22 AM

OK great. Thanks for the reply

#9404 JKL998

Rookie

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 05:57 AM

Hey mechwarriors. 2 quick questions, since i haven't played over a year now.
1. What new mechs have been added since 2018? Just the general names, not variants.
2. Is ghost heat still a thing? Bandaid balance is not to my liking.

#9405 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 07:16 AM

1. New mechs in 2019: (in order of appearance)
  • Warhammer IIC
  • Corsair
  • Marauder II
  • Rifleman IIC
  • Dervish
2. Yes, ghost heat is still in place

#9406 JKL998

Rookie

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 07:36 AM

Thanks for the info.

#9407 chevy42083

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 114 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 11:48 AM

If my pc meets the 'recommended specs'... will I have full fps (monitor is 60hz) at the highest settings? Or will I still need to dumb down some things to get smooth game play.

(currently fairly low build old PC / FX-4100 is a mix of med and high settings, new build will be above rec specs by a LOT, except a GTX 760 gpu that is just one step above the recommended 660)

EDIT: Since Horseman mentions FX-6300... I'll say, I'm going beyond that. Ryzen 7 3700x is rated on benchmark as "100% faster single core". So, I guess I'll be good to see the game as it was intended!

Edited by chevy42083, 10 July 2020 - 06:59 AM.

#9408 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 09 July 2020 - 12:30 PM

If it just meets the recommended, there are some settings that will still murder your CPU with a blunt implement. Also, the FX-6300 is... not great. MWO tends to put heavier load on individual cores, hexacore isn't that much of an advantage (and with FX-6300's weaker individual cores... yeah)

This said, MWO is CPU heavy. If your CPU exceeds that req substantially, then you should be able to do most settings close to max.

Edited by Horseman, 09 July 2020 - 12:35 PM.

#9409 Mechwarrior 37

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 07:55 AM

I've been going for a while and when I came back, all 6 of my accounts are tier 3 (which makes sense) I noticed that Baradal is a new tier 2.

Anyway, my question is about keyboards. This one is hard to play with. Is it worth it to spend $50-60 on a "gaming" keyboard?

I used to use a Logitech G-13 but it seems like I ruined it.

Edited by Mechwarrior 37, 19 July 2020 - 07:56 AM.

#9410 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 08:16 AM

I'm a big fan of mechanical keyboards, but the ones with gaming features don't really offer anything that a stock standard board wouldn't, as long as the switches are good.

I am rocking an old Cherry MX-Board 3.0 with Cherry Black switches and am extremely happy with it. Its extremely durable and has no extra distracting bells and whistles on it. Black switches might be too heavy for the majority of other people though. Red is the most common type found on gaming keyboards.

#9411 Mechwarrior 37

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 09:31 PM

View PostGagis, on 19 July 2020 - 08:16 AM, said:

I'm a big fan of mechanical keyboards, but the ones with gaming features don't really offer anything that a stock standard board wouldn't, as long as the switches are good.

I am rocking an old Cherry MX-Board 3.0 with Cherry Black switches and am extremely happy with it. Its extremely durable and has no extra distracting bells and whistles on it. Black switches might be too heavy for the majority of other people though. Red is the most common type found on gaming keyboards.

Thanks. A lot of this is over my head. Red compared to black keys what? MY PC is the thing that really needs replacing, I can barely play this game on low everything. But all I have left for keyboards is junk ones that came with PCs 8-10 years ago.

My budget for one is about $50.00. I am poor, lol. And considering that I do not play that often....

I've been looking at the Havit KB472L RPG and the Steelseries Apex 3.

I guess I'm old because i do not get the whole excitement for the lighting thing. Who cares? The first thing I find out is how to turn off the dumb lights.

#9412 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 July 2020 - 10:26 PM

View PostMechwarrior 37, on 19 July 2020 - 09:31 PM, said:

Thanks. A lot of this is over my head. Red compared to black keys what?
Switch types. Different actuation force, different tactile feedback and different amount of noise produced on keystroke. You probably want to read this for an overview: https://www.mechanic...g/switch-types/

#9413 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 03:27 AM

The Keyboard doesn't make u rly a better player. U can achieve pretty much the same results on 10 € keyboard. If u like the feel of mechanical Keyboard (and it is in your budget), sure why not. I am using a logitech with brown switches. G710+.

#9414 Mechwarrior 37

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 03:39 AM

Part of it is that I need bigger keys. I have on one hand, big hands but also a form of arthritis that makes it a little hard to adjust fingers for instance. I like to "see" things but I'd be buying this online.

Part of it is getting used to a keyboard. The G-13 I was using has it's keys straight up and down so the W is right over the S etc. All the keys are out of place as far as I'm used to.

I am going to work with the ones (3) that I have. I do not play that much anyway and instead of spending $55 on keyboard, i should save it towards a better PC. I cannot put a better GPU in it so i need to upgrade.

Edited by Mechwarrior 37, 20 July 2020 - 03:40 AM.

#9415 Mechwarrior 37

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 21 July 2020 - 05:14 AM

It is more than I wanted to pay ($100) but the SteelSeries Apex 5 seems like a winner. I can keep this for my next PC.

Thanks for your help!

Edited by Mechwarrior 37, 21 July 2020 - 05:14 AM.

#9416 SharDar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 148 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 12:27 PM

In the Leaderboards, what does it use to determine Kills and your Kill/Death ratio? Is it just killing blows? Or does it include Kill Most Damage Done?

#9417 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 02 August 2020 - 02:47 PM

Killing blows only, so Number of mechs you got the kill shot on / number of times you died. PGI never added KMDD to the scoreboard. And KMDD is when another mech is killed, either by your or another teammate but you had done the most damage to it vs everyone else,

#9418 SharDar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 148 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 04:52 PM

Thanks, that's what I thought. But sometimes it looks like my count kill count is higher than I was expecting.

#9419 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 05 August 2020 - 08:19 AM

If you are prone to spill drinks on your keyboard the mechanical ones are a pain to clean from beer and soft drinks, non mechanical membrane types are much more ez cleanable. Had a Steel Series Apex 500 that I loved but DOH!
Just saying.
Posted Image

#9420 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 06 August 2020 - 06:14 PM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 05 August 2020 - 08:19 AM, said:

If you are prone to spill drinks on your keyboard the mechanical ones are a pain to clean from beer and soft drinks, non mechanical membrane types are much more ez cleanable. Had a Steel Series Apex 500 that I loved but DOH!
Just saying.
Posted Image

Even then.. I used to get keyboard membrane covers for split drinks.. Even non-mechanical ones could be a pain to clean.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users